Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families > DIS Dads
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 07-29-2010, 01:58 PM   #301
DisneyDadC
Dis Dad Member #187
time to order me up a bag of dole whip mix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Oblivious View Post
I don't think you understand...I can't associate myself with Yankees fans. I'm still sore about last year's World Series. Or maybe it's the fact that we gave away Cliff Lee for a couple of baseballs and a batting helmet.

and to think we could have kept Lee for what we are going to pay Oswalt
Dis Dad's Club Member #187 Dis Dad's Facebook Club Member
Tickets $,Travel $, Rooms Costs $,Putting a smile on a childs face=Priceless Keep up the Magic

Old 07-29-2010, 02:05 PM   #302
dadio
DIS Dad #501
glassblowing dad to 3!

yep 'nuther one from Pa!

26K...ya thats what I thought!

way to go explodo...your like me...we THINK we wear the pants!

we got a rapist? who rendell? we all got him!

freezin' hell ya! never to late to learn! heck, I'm gonna try curling this winter! secrectly it is for the pants tho.....but I'm excited!!
Register to remove

Old 07-29-2010, 02:48 PM   #303
Bradsdadg
Can someone give my party from Saturn a ring?

Explodo, Headed your way! The thing I love about vacation planning with my fam is my wife is equally into it with me. And now our 5 yr old son is really into it as well. It sure makes the time pass alot faster when we can plan and chat about it constantly. The only problem now is that my son wants to do all the coasters, and i'm just not up for them, good thing my wife is!!
Old 07-29-2010, 03:17 PM   #304
afwdwfan
DIS Dad #460
You should always make room for a loophole when you need it

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoofyIsAsGoofyDoes View Post
It’s tough keeping up with y’all. Given my employers restrictions on internet usage, I dare not login and post anything, and even attempting to follow along can be risky. As such, I always seem to be seven pages and three conversations behind before I can even try to chime in. If it weren’t for being able to head out to the house for lunch, I’d miss nearly everything around here. So again I say: “Crud…”

Hummm… “Crud…”, just might need to become an accepted one word post for anyone around here that is just so slammed by life that the can’t even take a break long enough to even check in. I doubt it’s a good enough idea to declare a Man Law, but it perfectly fits my mood when I’ve had enough of the rest of the world.
My employer isn't quite that strict on internet usage. In fact, I'm typing this from work right now. That said, this thread is out of control. The only way I could possibly keep up with everything going on here would be to put all productivity on hold for about 15 minutes every hour just to read posts and get caught up in the DIS Dad's Club. I think we need some sort of Cliffs Notes type post every few pages just to summarize things as fast as this thread is moving.

Looks like Don had better get to work on DIS Dad's Club VI, because we're on pace to outgrow this one in a hurry.

and by the way...

crud
Old 07-29-2010, 03:23 PM   #305
stopher1

Wall to wall creeps, and hot and cold running chills! Shh...listen
I have plenty of hill left to climb thank you very much

Location: Indiana + AKV, SSR, VGC & Aulani (wishing to be able to ADD VWL to the mix too)

Quote:
Originally Posted by afwdwfan View Post
My employer isn't quite that strict on internet usage. In fact, I'm typing this from work right now. That said, this thread is out of control. The only way I could possibly keep up with everything going on here would be to put all productivity on hold for about 15 minutes every hour just to read posts and get caught up in the DIS Dad's Club. I think we need some sort of Cliffs Notes type post every few pages just to summarize things as fast as this thread is moving.

Looks like Don had better get to work on DIS Dad's Club VI, because we're on pace to outgrow this one in a hurry.

and by the way...

crud
"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it."

DISNEYLAND: Way too many to possibly count! I grew up 30 mins. from DL. Former CM. AP holder for 20 yrs. Premier Pass AP. All 3 DL Resorts and numerous off-site hotels.
WDW: 58 trips on & off-site, including DVC, Deluxe, Moderate & Value - in 18 different WDW resorts & numerous off-site resorts. AP holder for 5 yrs. Premier Pass AP holder.
AULANI: 1 so far. More to come though, & definitely looking forward to returning!
Old 07-29-2010, 03:29 PM   #306
FreezinRafiki
DDC 322
Cold enough for ya?
Shocking, isn't it. Oh, wait, thats a taser

Quote:
The only way I could possibly keep up with everything going on here would be to put all productivity on hold for about 15 minutes every hour just to read posts and get caught up in the DIS Dad's Club.
Yeah...how do you think I do it?

Well guys, I'll do my part to slow the thread down. In 45 minutes I am out the door and on my way up north. (That's where Wisconsinites go on vacation when they can't get to Disney Wolrd - "up north".) I barely get cell reception at my sister's cabin, and that's just fine with me.
The cabin is about 30 minutes from Little Bohemia Lodge - the site of the infamous shoot out between the FBI and John Dillinger's gang. The scenes in "Public Enemies" were shot there, after the movie crew restored it to what it looked like in the 1930's. If everything goes as planned, we'll be having dinner there on Friday night.
Have a good weekend everybody!
Old 07-29-2010, 03:31 PM   #307
Emma's Dad
DIS Dad's Club Member
SOMEONE thinks I know SOMETHING!
Get your zombie ammunition NOW!

Dilemma. I just checked Southwest for flights from Norfolk to MCO... and they have flights from Sep to Dec for $59 each way. That would be just over $400 for the 3 of us to fly to Orlando. I am soooooooo tempted to book something... especially with free dining available until Dec. Unfortunately, I have already agreed with DW that major spending is on hold until Feb. I need to play the lottery some more.....
DIS Dads Club Member #115
4/08 - POP, 4/09 - CSR, 4/10 - CSR, 4/11 - BWV, 1/13, 4/13 & 12/13 - BCR

"If only Tinker Bell was related to the tooth fairy... where is my Disney magic??" - 2010 TR
"What's Your Problem?" Caught by loop and hook... (My first TR)
Old 07-29-2010, 03:33 PM   #308
Captain_Oblivious
DIS Dad #257
Don't underestimate your audience. I'm sure there's a fart joke in here somewhere

Quote:

and by the way...

crud
With 500 members and counting, I don't think it's realistic to keep up with every conversation. Just dive in if you see something interesting. That's what I do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreezinRafiki View Post

Well guys, I'll do my part to slow the thread down. In 45 minutes I am out the door and on my way up north. (That's where Wisconsinites go on vacation when they can't get to Disney Wolrd - "up north".) I barely get cell reception at my sister's cabin, and that's just fine with me.
The cabin is about 30 minutes from Little Bohemia Lodge - the site of the infamous shoot out between the FBI and John Dillinger's gang. The scenes in "Public Enemies" were shot there, after the movie crew restored it to what it looked like in the 1930's. If everything goes as planned, we'll be having dinner there on Friday night.
Sounds way cool. Have a great time!
Old 07-29-2010, 03:34 PM   #309
stopher1

Location: Indiana + AKV, SSR, VGC & Aulani (wishing to be able to ADD VWL to the mix too)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emma's Dad View Post
Dilemma. I just checked Southwest for flights from Norfolk to MCO... and they have flights from Sep to Dec for $59 each way. That would be just over $400 for the 3 of us to fly to Orlando. I am soooooooo tempted to book something... especially with free dining available until Dec. Unfortunately, I have already agreed with DW that major spending is on hold until Feb. I need to play the lottery some more.....
Oh Don. Sounds like spreadsheet time to me. What a bummer.

DISNEYLAND: Way too many to possibly count! I grew up 30 mins. from DL. Former CM. AP holder for 20 yrs. Premier Pass AP. All 3 DL Resorts and numerous off-site hotels.
WDW: 58 trips on & off-site, including DVC, Deluxe, Moderate & Value - in 18 different WDW resorts & numerous off-site resorts. AP holder for 5 yrs. Premier Pass AP holder.
AULANI: 1 so far. More to come though, & definitely looking forward to returning!
Old 07-29-2010, 03:38 PM   #310
Emma's Dad
DIS Dad's Club Member
SOMEONE thinks I know SOMETHING!
Get your zombie ammunition NOW!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stopher1 View Post
LOL... I started on But DW was pretty firm when she said we need to tighten the spending. Single income is hard sometimes! But when a 5 day trip can be had for less than $1500 (all inclusive)... at the holiday time, I pause to think about my options. What's the saying... "It's easier to ask forgiveness than get permission"?
DIS Dads Club Member #115
4/08 - POP, 4/09 - CSR, 4/10 - CSR, 4/11 - BWV, 1/13, 4/13 & 12/13 - BCR

"If only Tinker Bell was related to the tooth fairy... where is my Disney magic??" - 2010 TR
"What's Your Problem?" Caught by loop and hook... (My first TR)
Old 07-29-2010, 03:46 PM   #311
stopher1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emma's Dad View Post
LOL... I started on But DW was pretty firm when she said we need to tighten the spending. Single income is hard sometimes! But when a 5 day trip can be had for less than $1500 (all inclusive)... at the holiday time, I pause to think about my options. What's the saying... "It's easier to ask forgiveness than get permission"? :
I hear you loud and clear on that one, that defines us as well.

So true, so true.

Old 07-29-2010, 03:50 PM   #312
afwdwfan
DIS Dad #460
You should always make room for a loophole when you need it

Quote:
Originally Posted by stopher1 View Post
Coincidentally, I have just recently started reading his TR and learned about said spreadsheets. Sounds like a lot of work, but I might have to steal... I mean borrow this idea sometime.
Old 07-29-2010, 03:53 PM   #313
Pirates4me
Mouseketeer

Just found this thread

Sorry for the stupid question but how do I become a member of this Dad's club?
DIS Dad's Club Member #502

DW ME DD DS

"Some of it's magic, some of it's tragic
But I had a good life all the way" Jimmy Buffett

DVC Member since 2005 Saratoga Springs
Old 07-29-2010, 03:58 PM   #314
stopher1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pirates4me View Post
Sorry for the stupid question but how do I become a member of this Dad's club?

Welcome!
Emma's Dad will be around to give you your number soon enough!

We're pretty easy to persuade... or not persuade as the case might be.

Old 07-29-2010, 03:59 PM   #315
stopher1

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreezinRafiki View Post

Have a great trip Barry! Bring back pics!

Closed Thread

Tags
club, dads, dis, man, men

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: