Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families > DIS Dads
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-11-2010, 04:22 PM   #3001
dvczerfs
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by miTunes75 View Post
OMG. I just caught myself listening to Hannah Montana music....and singing! The kids aren't even here (they're at school). I surprised myself.

PROUD DAD OF A DISNEY COLLEGE PROGRAM DAUGHTER!!! FALL ADVANTAGE 2013 MK-ODF ALUMNI !!!!!

Old 10-11-2010, 04:29 PM   #3002
dvczerfs
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoofyIsAsGoofyDoes View Post
First, welcome to the new Dad’s. Come on in and join the free-for-all.

Can’t play two games!!! Dude, given my state of physical dilapidation, I couldn't even pull off the first ten minutes of one game.

Cool. Looking forward to seeing that in December

Well it was a good weekend in our house. We spent pretty much all of Saturday at a marching contest down in Rock Hill. The competition was a lot tougher then the last show, but our kids still did very well. In the preliminaries they took the prizes in their classification for 1st place Drum-Line, 2nd Place Music and 3rd place in the class. We also made it into the finals that evening and ended up taking 3rd Place over all for the day (and against a bunch of schools that are two and three times our size).

For the band geeks among us (and those that just want to see what it is that I’m always going on about), here’s a video of our prelim performance (the evening show was actually even better, but we didn’t get the whole thing recorded)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9CrFNXVD-rA

This Saturday we’re headed for an even tougher competition against schools from both Carolinas, Georgia, Tennessee and Kentucky. The buses leave our school at 6am and if we make it into the finals, we won’t be home before 3am the next day (and I wouldn’t miss it for the world).

[Page 201 is mine!!]
rob, do your kids compete in ussba?

PROUD DAD OF A DISNEY COLLEGE PROGRAM DAUGHTER!!! FALL ADVANTAGE 2013 MK-ODF ALUMNI !!!!!

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-11-2010, 05:02 PM   #3003
middlepat
Dis Dad Member #325

Hey there guys.

We just got back from spending the weekend in the Starved Rock area. Its basically a couple of state parks with trails in and around a bunch of canyons as part of the Illinois River Valley.

We had a blast, and Megan (our 3yo) loved playing the "hiking game". Although according to her there are only 3 games. (I'm not sure what they are?)

Trennr: I'm starting to believe that there are other cash crops that are harvested out in them there corn fields, but that Sesame Street video... priceless.

Dadio: I'm going to have to call you out as my nemesis if you are going to side with those north of the cheese curtain. Megan is allergic to dairy so its nothing personal against FreezinRafiki, just everything that the "Dairy State" stands for.

Captain Oblivious: Nice game this week. I bow to your "3-2 ness".

Me (40) DW (29+) DD (11) DD (9) DD (6)
Nov 01 ASMo, Sept 05 WL, Jan 07 POFQ, Nov 09 Poly May 13 Off-Site (Windsor Hills)
Old 10-11-2010, 05:26 PM   #3004
Disney Commando
DDC
Disney Fans Are Friends
now I have some things to plan, I'm going to try to get the Dapper Dans

Stopped at AAA on the way home from work today, and paid off the Dec trip. One of the coupons that will be in the AAA package is a Bass Fishing Discount, if anyone can use it (and if they let you) you are more than welcome to it while we are down there
1976 Contemp, 82 Contemp, 86 Contemp, 8/03 Honeymoon Off Site, 7/05 Off Site. 11/08 Off Site, Halloween till 11/08/09 ASM w/ Free DDP, Dis Dads Dec. Trip 12/5 - 12/11, 2010 8/11 ASM, 8/12 Off Site, 11/12 ASM

Dis Dad Member #393
WDW Commando Member #1
Old 10-11-2010, 06:18 PM   #3005
GoofyIsAsGoofyDoes
DDC 469
Never mind the Kool-Aid, don’t drink the Beverly!
If it’s still here tomorrow… I may ignore it again

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvczerfs View Post
rob, do your kids compete in ussba?
Not at this time, but I hear good things about the organization. We did compete in the BOA Grand Nationals in Indianapolis last year and performed rather well for a new school (The campus has only been open since 2007), but we can’t really muster enough money for that kind of road trip every year. Our primary focus (this year) is to defend our in state SCBDA championship (which will not be an easy task)

The farthest we’ll travel this year is the invitational tournament this weekend at Western Carolina University. Next year, however, we’ll be marching in the Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade and that should be quite the expedition.
Old 10-11-2010, 08:09 PM   #3006
macfinn
Chief Vacation Planner and Dis Dad's Club Member #58

Cool finally back

Hello all....finally back....we are FINALLY...coming back home , after a 3 year absence i convinced DW to go, not that it had to take to much convincing...it went something like " lets go to Disney" and her response was OK....ask mac and fin...they where like when "TOMMOROW", no we had to explain that it would be March of next year...so March 16-23,2011, yes we will have to take them ot of scholl...DO NOT FRY ME.....so here i am poking around and i finally found the DIS dads again, i joined in 2007 0r 2008..I do not remeber my number, how can i find it....anyway..i am back ...and lets get the planning started....have our dining ressie's already...and we are heading back to POP.....
Old 10-11-2010, 08:32 PM   #3007
middlepat
Dis Dad Member #325

Quote:
Originally Posted by macfinn View Post
Hello all....finally back....we are FINALLY...coming back home , after a 3 year absence i convinced DW to go, not that it had to take to much convincing...it went something like " lets go to Disney" and her response was OK....ask mac and fin...they where like when "TOMMOROW", no we had to explain that it would be March of next year...so March 16-23,2011, yes we will have to take them ot of scholl...DO NOT FRY ME.....so here i am poking around and i finally found the DIS dads again, i joined in 2007 0r 2008..I do not remeber my number, how can i find it....anyway..i am back ...and lets get the planning started....have our dining ressie's already...and we are heading back to POP.....
Welcome back macfinn. Next thing your going to tell us is that you plan to go pool hopping...

Checking out Emma's Dad's first post it looks like you are member #58.

Me (40) DW (29+) DD (11) DD (9) DD (6)
Nov 01 ASMo, Sept 05 WL, Jan 07 POFQ, Nov 09 Poly May 13 Off-Site (Windsor Hills)
Old 10-12-2010, 06:32 AM   #3008
Pjimmeyer
1000th Happy Haunt

Quote:
Originally Posted by KTME View Post
Oh and by the way...just in case anyone missed it, the Phillies swept the Reds!!!!!!!

!!!!!!~PHILLIES~!!!!!!
Old 10-12-2010, 09:03 AM   #3009
Emma's Dad
DIS Dad's Club Member
SOMEONE thinks I know SOMETHING!
Get your zombie ammunition NOW!

CRUD

Quote:
Originally Posted by macfinn View Post
Hello all....finally back....we are FINALLY...coming back home , after a 3 year absence i convinced DW to go, not that it had to take to much convincing...it went something like " lets go to Disney" and her response was OK....ask mac and fin...they where like when "TOMMOROW", no we had to explain that it would be March of next year...so March 16-23,2011, yes we will have to take them ot of scholl...DO NOT FRY ME.....so here i am poking around and i finally found the DIS dads again, i joined in 2007 0r 2008..I do not remeber my number, how can i find it....anyway..i am back ...and lets get the planning started....have our dining ressie's already...and we are heading back to POP.....:
That's AWESOME news!! Sounds like you didn't get much fight from DW... which is a good thing Looks like we are going to be there at the same time I've added your vacation to the first page of the thread.

For those who have been following along with the planning for my next vacation, there has been yet another development. After adding my MIL to the reservation, she calls my DW the next week and says that she won't be going to WDW with us after all. Turns out my DW's sister (who lives in Ohio) called the MIL and asked if she wanted to go on a vacation to the Grand Canyon... the SAME week we are going to Disney. How coincidental. MIL has always wanted to go to the Grand Canyon and DW's sister swears she had no idea about our planned trip. So... we are back to just the three of us

I see the DDC is now on page 201.... better get started on the new thread soon...
DIS Dads Club Member #115
4/08 - POP, 4/09 - CSR, 4/10 - CSR, 4/11 - BWV, 1/13, 4/13 & 12/13 - BCR

"If only Tinker Bell was related to the tooth fairy... where is my Disney magic??" - 2010 TR
"What's Your Problem?" Caught by loop and hook... (My first TR)
Old 10-12-2010, 09:18 AM   #3010
tutter99
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by billybobblockhead View Post
I was being moved from my position as middle school principal to an elementary school principal. Needless to say, that rocked my world. Totally had to change my thinking and mindset and get back into the elementary way of things.
My Uncle was an Elementary School Principal for 24 years and loved it, wasn't too keen on some of the older kids attitudes as they started to get to the later grades but absolutely lived for the kindergarten kids every year. His thing was every week he would go do a new magic trick for them.

Proud to be DisDad #356
Old 10-12-2010, 09:27 AM   #3011
tutter99
DIS Veteran

Had a pretty scary moment the other night. DW put a load of clothes in the dryer upstairs and we were downstairs watching TV. Heard a thump like something rolled off the washer or dryer but ignored it, about a minute later we hear another thump and when we look at the stairwell the light is flickering. I run upstairs and all you can smell is burnt electrical. Unplugged the dryer and the one prong is black. Went to the garage, tripped the breaker and removed the cover off the outlet, the one terminal on the receptacle had basically melted itself and the wires all had soot on them. From what i've looked up and been told the connection in the receptacle came loose over time and started arcing.

As a rule we never leave the house with the dryer running but plenty of times we've thrown towels in and gone to bed, if we hadn't have caught it there was a pretty good chance we would have lost the house.

DW is completely freaked out by it and now my foreseeable future is going to be occupied by archiving photos and various other information that would have been lost if there was a fire.

Proud to be DisDad #356
Old 10-12-2010, 09:49 AM   #3012
Captain_Oblivious
DIS Dad #257
Don't underestimate your audience. I'm sure there's a fart joke in here somewhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by middlepat View Post
Hey there guys.

We just got back from spending the weekend in the Starved Rock area. Its basically a couple of state parks with trails in and around a bunch of canyons as part of the Illinois River Valley.

We had a blast, and Megan (our 3yo) loved playing the "hiking game". Although according to her there are only 3 games. (I'm not sure what they are?)

Captain Oblivious: Nice game this week. I bow to your "3-2 ness".
Sounds like a great weekend! What does the "hiking game" entail, exactly?

And thanks for the fantasy football props. It was nice to have Ray Rice show up for a week. It covered up my brilliant decision to pick up the STL defense vs. Detroit and start them. They only gave up 44 points.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tutter99 View Post
Had a pretty scary moment the other night. DW put a load of clothes in the dryer upstairs and we were downstairs watching TV. Heard a thump like something rolled off the washer or dryer but ignored it, about a minute later we hear another thump and when we look at the stairwell the light is flickering. I run upstairs and all you can smell is burnt electrical. Unplugged the dryer and the one prong is black. Went to the garage, tripped the breaker and removed the cover off the outlet, the one terminal on the receptacle had basically melted itself and the wires all had soot on them. From what i've looked up and been told the connection in the receptacle came loose over time and started arcing.

As a rule we never leave the house with the dryer running but plenty of times we've thrown towels in and gone to bed, if we hadn't have caught it there was a pretty good chance we would have lost the house.

DW is completely freaked out by it and now my foreseeable future is going to be occupied by archiving photos and various other information that would have been lost if there was a fire.

Glad everything is ok!
Old 10-12-2010, 09:50 AM   #3013
GoHerd1028
DDC 172
"Insert clever tag fairy saying here"
You really think I'm clever?

Quote:

Thankful that you were there and awake when it happend. Things can be replaced over time...but people cant be...Glad you are all safe.
DisDads Club Member #172
DH Steve (46) DW Shari (45) DS Ethan (7) DD Lauren (6)
Old 10-12-2010, 09:53 AM   #3014
Emma's Dad
DIS Dad's Club Member
SOMEONE thinks I know SOMETHING!
Get your zombie ammunition NOW!

Quote:

WOW! That IS scary. Thank God you were there and knew what to look for. Glad you guys are safe... now go back up your stuff!
DIS Dads Club Member #115
4/08 - POP, 4/09 - CSR, 4/10 - CSR, 4/11 - BWV, 1/13, 4/13 & 12/13 - BCR

"If only Tinker Bell was related to the tooth fairy... where is my Disney magic??" - 2010 TR
"What's Your Problem?" Caught by loop and hook... (My first TR)
Old 10-12-2010, 10:48 AM   #3015
FreezinRafiki
DDC 322
Cold enough for ya?
Shocking, isn't it. Oh, wait, thats a taser

Quote:
Yikes. Glad you are all OK. I have 3 copies of all of my digital photos (one of which is off site) and most of the old family photos have been digitized over the years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Oblivious View Post
And thanks for the fantasy football props. It was nice to have Ray Rice show up for a week. It covered up my brilliant decision to pick up the STL defense vs. Detroit and start them. They only gave up 44 points.
What kind of idiot did you get that advice from? Oh, wait, it was me. Yeah, didn't work out to well for me, either.

Tags
club, dads, dis, man, men

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: