Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families > DIS Dads
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 07-29-2010, 10:33 AM   #271
dadio
DIS Dad #501
glassblowing dad to 3!

another right, and another right, right,right right........dude was just asking for a left to mix it up!
Old 07-29-2010, 10:35 AM   #272
Goofy + 3
DDC 400
Remember, it's ok to cry a little. Not too much, just a little

I'm not sure what started the whole rafiki vs that's nice feud. Can anyone give me a synopsis? I don't want to have to go digging through the thread to figure it out. Just be careful, boys. After Tupac and Notorious B.I.G you never know how these things will turn out.

And oh, if I have to take a side, I'm going to have to stick with my fellow Cubs fan. We've suffered enough.
DIS Dad #400
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-29-2010, 10:40 AM   #273
stopher1

Wall to wall creeps, and hot and cold running chills! Shh...listen
I have plenty of hill left to climb thank you very much

Location: Indiana + AKV, SSR, VGC & Aulani (wishing to be able to ADD VWL to the mix too)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofy + 3 View Post
I'm not sure what started the whole rafiki vs that's nice feud. Can anyone give me a synopsis? I don't want to have to go digging through the thread to figure it out. Just be careful, boys. After Tupac and Notorious B.I.G you never know how these things will turn out.

And oh, if I have to take a side, I'm going to have to stick with my fellow Cubs fan. We've suffered enough.
Not a feud, more like an arch-nemesis, friendly rivalry kind of thing. It actually began on Tim's PTR thread. Barry pretty much started it himself, and it's just grown from there as these things typically do.

DISNEYLAND: Way too many to possibly count! I grew up 30 mins. from DL. Former CM. AP holder for 20 yrs. Premier Pass AP. All 3 DL Resorts and numerous off-site hotels.
WDW: 58 trips on & off-site, including DVC, Deluxe, Moderate & Value - in 18 different WDW resorts & numerous off-site resorts. AP holder for 5 yrs. Premier Pass AP holder.
AULANI: 1 so far. More to come though, & definitely looking forward to returning!
Old 07-29-2010, 10:42 AM   #274
stopher1

Location: Indiana + AKV, SSR, VGC & Aulani (wishing to be able to ADD VWL to the mix too)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadio View Post
SSR.....our offer is on a loaded 300 pt contract....09,10 and 11's coming in feb!
Very cool. We like SSR (especially the THV's) and points there ourselves. I hope you enjoy it.

DISNEYLAND: Way too many to possibly count! I grew up 30 mins. from DL. Former CM. AP holder for 20 yrs. Premier Pass AP. All 3 DL Resorts and numerous off-site hotels.
WDW: 58 trips on & off-site, including DVC, Deluxe, Moderate & Value - in 18 different WDW resorts & numerous off-site resorts. AP holder for 5 yrs. Premier Pass AP holder.
AULANI: 1 so far. More to come though, & definitely looking forward to returning!
Old 07-29-2010, 10:43 AM   #275
dadio
DIS Dad #501
glassblowing dad to 3!

while we are on the thoughts of hockey....here is a all time fav. of mine.....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1jYuuzFlRXM
this is really old school....
my pops played professional in the day...yep he was @ camp with Bobby Orr....Mr Cherry was his coach to pull him up!...a few ys ago Don was on his radio show and said that dad was one of the hardest hitter/checkers he had seen..In the vid above they have the old chain link around the ice, I have pics of a guy dad nailed, flipped him upside down, and the fella got hooked up in the fence with his blades, couldn't reach the ice to get himself down..priceless pic!
melroses mullet? I think MOST hockey players if not ALL have sported the mullet, some are just afraid to let it go!
Old 07-29-2010, 10:49 AM   #276
Capt. Barbosa
DIS Veteran

My Bobby Orr story is that while in college I was working for a caterer and I got to cater Bobbys 40th Birthday Party at his house. I bartended, one of the favorite moments of my life.

First of all,returning you to shore was never part of our agreement. Second, you are not a pirate, so the Pirate's Code does not apply. And third, the Pirate's Code is more of a set of what you'd call 'guidelines' than actual rules. Welcome aboard the Black Pearl.
Old 07-29-2010, 10:50 AM   #277
ClearScreen
DIS Dad #461
An E-Ticket Attraction in my own mind

Quote:
I've seen some chatter about hockey.. I can't let that go by without sharing this video of my neighbor with you all once again. ClearScreen, you may enjoy this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GhRlMYRu0fw
Nice!

Funny story. I play in a no-checking men's league in Westchester County New York. One of the last games of this past year's winter season, a guy on another team who is a dirty player and a real jerk is acting up the whole game because we were winning. Anyway, at the end of the game, he challenges me to a fight right in front of our bench. His whole team skates over and I am just leaning against the baords as he is skating in a semi-circle yelling at me to "come on, let's go". I look at him and start laughing. I say:

"Dude, I'm 40 years old. I'm married with two kids. I have to get up for work tomorrow. I'm not getting into a fight in a F-----g Westchester County Men's league."

His entire team starts laughing now. He turns beet red and skates away. When we were shaking hands, he still shook mine. BUt everyone on his team told me how much I embarrassed him.

ClearScreen
ClearScreen (Chris) - DIS Dad Club Member #461 - Me(44), DW(45), DD(12), DS(9)

1976 - 2 trips stayed off-site. September, 2000 - Wilderness Lodge. August, 2010 - Contemporary. August, 2012 - Swan. August, 2014 - Coronado Springs

Have you ever heard of Plato, Aristotle, Socrates? Morons.
Old 07-29-2010, 10:53 AM   #278
dadio
DIS Dad #501
glassblowing dad to 3!

once a goon always a goon eh?
some fellas never learn...musta thought he was still in school!
Old 07-29-2010, 11:01 AM   #279
FreezinRafiki
DDC 322
Cold enough for ya?
Shocking, isn't it. Oh, wait, thats a taser

Quote:

It actually started with Tim commenting to Mark (Captain Oblivious) about his daughter's medical history :
Quote:
Juliana is really a brave kid and has been through things I would not wish on my worst enemy(I'm not sure that I have one of those though... lol)
So, as any good friend would do, I offered to help:
Quote:
I've always wanted an arch-nemesis! Do you want to be mine?

Batman/Joker. Superman/Lex Luthor. Barry/Tim. It will be EPIC!
So, I guess if the world gets plunged into darkness and chaos during the Ultimate Power Struggle®, we can all blame Mark.
Welcome to the team! Don't forget to wear your ID badge around the headquarters. You can use the swipe card on the back to purchase soda and candy from the cafeteria and check out Death Ray Blaster Guns from the armory.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stopher1 View Post
Not a feud, more like an arch-nemesis, friendly rivalry kind of thing. It actually began on Tim's PTR thread. Barry pretty much started it himself, and it's just grown from there as these things typically do.
DW says I tend to go overboard on some things. I'm still trying to figure out what she means by that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClearScreen View Post
"Dude, I'm 40 years old. I'm married with two kids. I have to get up for work tomorrow. I'm not getting into a fight in a F-----g Westchester County Men's league."

His entire team starts laughing now. He turns beet red and skates away. When we were shaking hands, he still shook mine. BUt everyone on his team told me how much I embarrassed him.
ClearScreen FTW!
Old 07-29-2010, 11:01 AM   #280
DisDr.
Caution: Doors Open Automagically Toward You

Like the new thread!

And >500 DisDads now!
DIS Dad's Club Member #475 DISDads Facebook Group Member

Old 07-29-2010, 11:08 AM   #281
ClearScreen
DIS Dad #461

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadio View Post
while we are on the thoughts of hockey....here is a all time fav. of mine.....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1jYuuzFlRXM
this is really old school....
my pops played professional in the day...yep he was @ camp with Bobby Orr....Mr Cherry was his coach to pull him up!...a few ys ago Don was on his radio show and said that dad was one of the hardest hitter/checkers he had seen..In the vid above they have the old chain link around the ice, I have pics of a guy dad nailed, flipped him upside down, and the fella got hooked up in the fence with his blades, couldn't reach the ice to get himself down..priceless pic!
melroses mullet? I think MOST hockey players if not ALL have sported the mullet, some are just afraid to let it go!
Dad played pro? That is so cool! I love hearing stories about those old timers. If Grapes said he was such a hard hitter - that is really saying something.

I basically played in high school and was a mediocre player. My coach was a goalie before goalies wore masks. He had 2 teeth left in his mouth. I just do it for fun and exercise now. It is such a great sport to play. I am getting my son into it now - he does MiniMite hockey and is having a blast.

I never heard that song before. Really old school in the clip with the tube skates, some players look like they had no curve on the stick blade (all wood sticks too), no helmets, goalies with their "Jason" masks, etc..

Anyone ever hear Warren Zevon's Hockey Song? I have it on my Ipod. Here is a link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0PokDj9u09A

ClearScreen

1976 - 2 trips stayed off-site. September, 2000 - Wilderness Lodge. August, 2010 - Contemporary. August, 2012 - Swan. August, 2014 - Coronado Springs

Old 07-29-2010, 11:19 AM   #282
stopher1

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreezinRafiki View Post
DW says I tend to go overboard on some things. I'm still trying to figure out what she means by that.
I sure couldn't say.

Old 07-29-2010, 11:19 AM   #283
ClearScreen
DIS Dad #461

Quote:
ClearScreen FTW!
Thanks!!

My friends still talk about that game and how I won this fight without throwing a punch. He actually got suspended for getting into a fight the very next game against another team. Unfortunately for him, he picked a fight with a player who was a cop from Yonkers. He didn't fare so well in that one. Needless to say, I won't be lighting any candles for him.

ClearScreen

Old 07-29-2010, 11:32 AM   #284
dadio
DIS Dad #501
glassblowing dad to 3!

I played into college......average player as well.....played club level in college...did play against some bigger schools Navy, Niagra univ., BUffalo state, john caroll....
Haven't really played much lately...still skate, trying to get my 2 boys into it....they did get into the game program here this past winter...was a good deal...$200 they got 8 classes/sessions , 5 free public skating passes, and full gear. Yes I said full gear...The only thing we had to buy was a cup and a mouthguard....
Me growing up it was way dif. with pops playing all the time, I was really into it....now as a dad, I am way to outta shape to be playing in a mens league, to inspire them...So My new sights are set for this winter....I am putting up a rink here @ my house! I just hope we get a good, cold winter here in western pa. to make it worth while.....I want to get a nice rink set up with just low boards to keep the puck in..no dashers....I think I may start out with their 20X40 kit to see how much use/pita it is.....
many folks around you do that?
Old 07-29-2010, 11:44 AM   #285
Captain_Oblivious
DIS Dad #257
Don't underestimate your audience. I'm sure there's a fart joke in here somewhere

Quote:
I'm pretty sure this started in the same way that Trip Report hijackings start: because we can. Do we really need another reason?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClearScreen View Post
Funny story. I play in a no-checking men's league in Westchester County New York. One of the last games of this past year's winter season, a guy on another team who is a dirty player and a real jerk is acting up the whole game because we were winning. Anyway, at the end of the game, he challenges me to a fight right in front of our bench. His whole team skates over and I am just leaning against the baords as he is skating in a semi-circle yelling at me to "come on, let's go". I look at him and start laughing. I say:

ClearScreen

Love it!

Quote:
It actually started with Tim commenting to Mark (Captain Oblivious) about his daughter's medical history.

So, I guess if the world gets plunged into darkness and chaos during the Ultimate Power Struggle®, we can all blame Mark.
My third-grade teacher once whispered to my parents that she feared I would someday be "That Guy"(TM), the one who would set in motion the events that would lead to the apocalypse and destroy the world. Now it's all coming back to haunt me.

Quote:
Oh, please. Next you'll tell us that you have an affinity for Hawaiian shirts.
Closed Thread

Tags
club, dads, dis, man, men

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: