Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families > DIS Dads
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 07-28-2010, 11:22 PM   #241
ClearScreen
DIS Dad #461
An E-Ticket Attraction in my own mind

Quote:
Originally Posted by that's nice View Post
Up to 3! Welcome CHRIS!

Go Yanks!
You can make it 4 Yankee fans. In fact, I went on Sunday to see them play the AAA Royals - boy do they suck. Left just before the tornado hit the Bronx - this actually happened.

Quote:
Originally Posted by unclescrooge_0707 View Post

"Cancer Merchant! Cancer Merchant!
Clerks is just so awesome and the quintessential New Jersey movie. I grew up with some version of every single character.

I use this paraphrased line at every function my wife drags me to::

I hate people! But I love gatherings. Isn't it ironic?

Loved all the Slapshot talk!! Unfortunately, my hockey team lost a tough one tonight 4-3. No more hockey for me until after Disney vacation. I thought I was going to have a problem with my vacation - I took a shot off my wrist and a slapshot off my ankle on my first two shifts. Thank goodness they were just a flesh wound.

ClearScreen
ClearScreen (Chris) - DIS Dad Club Member #461 - Me(44), DW(45), DD(12), DS(9)

1976 - 2 trips stayed off-site. September, 2000 - Wilderness Lodge. August, 2010 - Contemporary. August, 2012 - Swan. August, 2014 - Coronado Springs

Have you ever heard of Plato, Aristotle, Socrates? Morons.
Old 07-29-2010, 12:52 AM   #242
cj9200
DIS Dad #412
Double Dog Dare You to post a screaming like a little girl video

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyFed View Post
They say a picture is worth a thousand words:

In honor of Fed, I thought I would post how his outboard was advertised in the 70's or 80's.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fxVH5sKUlPg

Fart joke humor but I thought it was funny. Hope I am not kicked out of the club. Thanks Fed and everyone over there for your service.

Last edited by cj9200; 07-29-2010 at 01:12 AM.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-29-2010, 02:04 AM   #243
DisneyFed
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt. Barbosa View Post
1200 Dollars and a blown Johnson, sounds like a hell of weekend.

**Snort** <<MMph>>

BWWWWWWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA...

{{Coffee all over monitor}}

I CANNOT believe I wrote that on a family board

By the way, Barbosa, I'll be up your way next June (Winnipisaukee--sp?)...

I love NH...(spent a good deal of time in the Manchester, Exeter, Kittery Maine area) of course, only been there in the Summer, so can't make a judgement call o the winters

"If it's one thing that I've learned from all this living, is that it wouldn't change a thing if I let go"

"I'll make a wish and do as dreamers do"
Old 07-29-2010, 02:11 AM   #244
DisneyFed
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj9200 View Post
In honor of Fed, I thought I would post how his outboard was advertised in the 70's or 80's.

Fart joke humor but I thought it was funny. Hope I am not kicked out of the club. Thanks Fed and everyone over there for your service.

Why do you think I run a Mercury now?

"If it's one thing that I've learned from all this living, is that it wouldn't change a thing if I let go"

Old 07-29-2010, 06:35 AM   #245
GoofyIsAsGoofyDoes
DDC 469
Never mind the Kool-Aid, don’t drink the Beverly!
If it’s still here tomorrow… I may ignore it again

Originally Posted by Capt. Barbosa
1200 Dollars and a blown Johnson, sounds like a hell of weekend.

Quote:

Y'all are killin' me here!!
Old 07-29-2010, 06:49 AM   #246
tutter99
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawsonsontour View Post
can you guys get skyscanner....i used to sell holidays and this was always a good way to get the best priced seats
You guys over there get insane deals on flights, My in-laws are in Malta and their neighbors who use their place as a vacation home live and work in England. They are always showing up because there was some $20 seat sale.

Proud to be DisDad #356
Old 07-29-2010, 07:03 AM   #247
FreezinRafiki
DDC 322
Cold enough for ya?
Shocking, isn't it. Oh, wait, thats a taser

Quote:
Well which one is it.... Arch nemesis or Mortal Enemy?
I think they can be interchangeable, depending on the context. Or we can be sworn enemies - like the Evil Emperor Zurg, Sworn Enemy of the Galactic Alliance!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stopher1 View Post
Only if we get the Yankee logo on it.
Quote:
That would look good with a NY on the helmet!
Ask and ye shall receive. Yankee logos coming up:

Full disclosure: I'm a Cubs fan. Feel free to go to town on that. My favorite:
Completely
Useless
By
September

Quote:
Originally Posted by unclescrooge_0707 View Post
Looks like I'm team Barry.... Boo to the Yankees! Buying championships is not building a winning team! (except for Jeter. He's still the man, because he plays the right way.)
You won't regret your decision. Your wife and kids probably will though. It's not the best of working conditions, considering the war to end all wars looming. But did I mention we have Hawaiian Shirt Fridays? Yup, you can leave the battle armor at home and wear jeans and your favorite Hawaiian shirt every Friday. I wouldn't recommend leaving the battle armor at home, though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClearScreen View Post
Loved all the Slapshot talk!! Unfortunately, my hockey team lost a tough one tonight 4-3. No more hockey for me until after Disney vacation. I thought I was going to have a problem with my vacation - I took a shot off my wrist and a slapshot off my ankle on my first two shifts. Thank goodness they were just a flesh wound.
Yeah, but you stopped the shots, right? Chicks did scars.

Quote:

Kicked out for that type of humor? Really? Heck, you'll probably be made an officer. If we had offices, that is.

Quote:
Why do you think I run a Mercury now?
Let's see...the Roman Messenger God. That's not nearly as funny.
Old 07-29-2010, 07:08 AM   #248
stopher1

Wall to wall creeps, and hot and cold running chills! Shh...listen
I have plenty of hill left to climb thank you very much

Location: Indiana + AKV, SSR, VGC & Aulani (wishing to be able to ADD VWL to the mix too)

Quote:
Originally Posted by trennr View Post
Well I'm approaching the 1 month mark!!!

According to the First page the following Dad's will be there when I am.

My dates are Sept 4-12.

Buffman => 2-7 - OKW
stopher1 => 5-8 - AKV
doggydoc => 9-17 - CSR

doggydoc... I'm staying at the CSR too ...Sept 11 I have as a Resort day with only plans for Boma for Dinner that night over at the AKL. Maybe we could meet at the Digsite pool at the CSR?

Christopher and I have a potental Meet on the 7th.

Any other interested in meeting the world famous Cornfuzz send me a PM.
YEP - we'll be at Epcot on the 7th. I'm taking my daughter to Akershus for lunch at 11:00 or 11:30 (schedule is in my office & I'm not there today). I'm definitely still planning on getting together, as if I remember correctly, you'll be having lunch at the Garden Grille that day. I definitely would love that special Siemens tour/visit you mentioned if you can swing it (and made Don green about at the same time!)

DISNEYLAND: Way too many to possibly count! I grew up 30 mins. from DL. Former CM. AP holder for 20 yrs. Premier Pass AP. All 3 DL Resorts and numerous off-site hotels.
WDW: 58 trips on & off-site, including DVC, Deluxe, Moderate & Value - in 18 different WDW resorts & numerous off-site resorts. AP holder for 5 yrs. Premier Pass AP holder.
AULANI: 1 so far. More to come though, & definitely looking forward to returning!
Old 07-29-2010, 07:31 AM   #249
Capt. Barbosa
DIS Veteran

Quote:
By the way, Barbosa, I'll be up your way next June (Winnipisaukee--sp?)...

I love NH...(spent a good deal of time in the Manchester, Exeter, Kittery Maine area) of course, only been there in the Summer, so can't make a judgement call o the winters
The winters aren't too bad as long as it doesn't start snowing in November (at least the stuff that stays on the ground for more than a day) June is a great time to come up not too hot.

First of all,returning you to shore was never part of our agreement. Second, you are not a pirate, so the Pirate's Code does not apply. And third, the Pirate's Code is more of a set of what you'd call 'guidelines' than actual rules. Welcome aboard the Black Pearl.
Old 07-29-2010, 07:55 AM   #250
DisneyFed
DIS Veteran

Quote:
The winters aren't too bad as long as it doesn't start snowing in November (at least the stuff that stays on the ground for more than a day) June is a great time to come up not too hot.
I was up in June last year....got a convertible rental...it rained the whole time I was there

But seriously, that's Beautiful Country

Old 07-29-2010, 08:07 AM   #251
Captain_Oblivious
DIS Dad #257
Don't underestimate your audience. I'm sure there's a fart joke in here somewhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by middlepat View Post
That, and Bobby Clarke's toothless grin. I'm sick of seeing that guy and his bad dental work.

Now Melrose's mullet and Cherry's wardrobe, can't get enough!
Speaking as a Flyers fan, I'm still sick of the Amstel Light song. So there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyDaddy-O View Post
Your a great Canadian Kid
Daddy-O...I thought we were friends. You know, Bobby Clarke is a Canadian, too.

Quote:
ALL RIGHT.... now I have 2 recruits!

No red shirts involved.... Unless it is a Boston Su--- shirt!
I don't think you understand...I can't associate myself with Yankees fans. I'm still sore about last year's World Series. Or maybe it's the fact that we gave away Cliff Lee for a couple of baseballs and a batting helmet.

Quote:
As Barry noted, fart humor only increases your standing here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreezinRafiki View Post
Ask and ye shall receive. Yankee logos coming up:

Full disclosure: I'm a Cubs fan. Feel free to go to town on that. My favorite:
Completely
Useless
By
September
Old 07-29-2010, 08:08 AM   #252
dadio
DIS Dad #501
glassblowing dad to 3!

a new home!!!!

Chillcoupons......I think I know you.....me....McCort 88..Played hockey, their first three yrs!.....I know a LOT of folks that grad. in 86......lawnball? if you started the page in FB..then I do know you....I am better friends with your younger bro and sis, but you would know me as well.....

Hey...where is the club application? I wanna join in the fun!
heres a brief bio...
me...39.....turning the big 4-0 on 8/12...Dw..42..Ds 11..Dd 8...Ds 6 and a Mil..66(?)
live in western pa....I am and artist and also work for the local newspaper....
we are in the process of buying into DVC..contract is actually @ disney foe rofr now...
hope to get down there and stay onsite around the 3 or 4th week of sept.

glad to meet ya'll!
Old 07-29-2010, 08:18 AM   #253
Captain_Oblivious
DIS Dad #257
Don't underestimate your audience. I'm sure there's a fart joke in here somewhere

Quote:
I'm 44 yr old Father of two boys 11 and 8, Married 16 yrs to my lovely wife. Live in Southern NH just below Manchester, I was brought up in a Suburb of Boston and I'm a fan of the Bruins, Red Sox and Patriots, not a fan of Basketball.
My brother lives in Stratham, just outside Exeter, and works in Portsmouth. We try to get up there to visit from time to time. I don't envy your winters, but it's a nice area in the summer!
Old 07-29-2010, 08:23 AM   #254
stopher1

Location: Indiana + AKV, SSR, VGC & Aulani (wishing to be able to ADD VWL to the mix too)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadio View Post
a new home!!!!

Chillcoupons......I think I know you.....me....McCort 88..Played hockey, their first three yrs!.....I know a LOT of folks that grad. in 86......lawnball? if you started the page in FB..then I do know you....I am better friends with your younger bro and sis, but you would know me as well.....

Hey...where is the club application? I wanna join in the fun!
heres a brief bio...
me...39.....turning the big 4-0 on 8/12...Dw..42..Ds 11..Dd 8...Ds 6 and a Mil..66(?)
live in western pa....I am and artist and also work for the local newspaper....
we are in the process of buying into DVC..contract is actually @ disney foe rofr now...
hope to get down there and stay onsite around the 3 or 4th week of sept.

glad to meet ya'll!
Welcome! Emma's Dad will be around soon to give you your official number.

I turn the big 4-0 Oct 4th, so not that far behind you.

DISNEYLAND: Way too many to possibly count! I grew up 30 mins. from DL. Former CM. AP holder for 20 yrs. Premier Pass AP. All 3 DL Resorts and numerous off-site hotels.
WDW: 58 trips on & off-site, including DVC, Deluxe, Moderate & Value - in 18 different WDW resorts & numerous off-site resorts. AP holder for 5 yrs. Premier Pass AP holder.
AULANI: 1 so far. More to come though, & definitely looking forward to returning!
Old 07-29-2010, 08:25 AM   #255
stopher1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Oblivious View Post
I don't think you understand...I can't associate myself with Yankees fans. I'm still sore about last year's World Series. Or maybe it's the fact that we gave away Cliff Lee for a couple of baseballs and a batting helmet.
Yes you can. It's called agreeing to disagree.

WE agree that you have made some lousy choices in who to root for, and therefore disagree with your choices.

YOU agree that you don't like our choices, and therefore disagree that we are right and you are wrong!

Closed Thread

Tags
club, dads, dis, man, men

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: