Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families > DIS Dads
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 07-28-2010, 10:17 PM   #226
DisneyDaddy-O
Dis Dads Club Member #286
I'm sure those driving beside me thought I was nuts

Quote:
Originally Posted by doggydoc View Post
He's not just famous he's IN-famous.
Its funny you used this one.

I happened to be in the area of my old job today and decided to go in and say hi. I met the person who took my position and she said :So you are the famous Nick...and I said the in-famous Nick. I think I was the only one laughing. Sometimes I tell jokes just for me....

Oct 97 CBR Disney Honeymoon, Jan 06 AS Sports First Family Vacation, Jan 07 POR Jan 08 POP, Jan 09 POR, Jan 10 POR, AUG 10 POP, JAN 11 POR, AUG 11 POP,
AUG 12 ASM,CSR,SSR,POR(yep all 4),OCT 13 POR First Halloween Party and Food & Wine
,OCT 14 POR
Old 07-28-2010, 10:21 PM   #227
middlepat
Dis Dad Member #325

Quote:
I have nothing against the Bruins, but could they PLEASE stop showing that Bobby Orr jump in the air goal where he put away my beloved St Louis Blues in the Stanley Cup finals.
That, and Bobby Clarke's toothless grin. I'm sick of seeing that guy and his bad dental work.

Now Melrose's mullet and Cherry's wardrobe, can't get enough!

Me (41) DW (29+) DD (11) DD (10) DD (7)
Nov 01 ASMo, Sept 05 WL, Jan 07 POFQ, Nov 09 Poly May 13 Off-Site (Windsor Hills)
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-28-2010, 10:24 PM   #228
DisneyDaddy-O

Quote:
Originally Posted by middlepat View Post
That, and Bobby Clarke's toothless grin. I'm sick of seeing that guy and his bad dental work.

Now Melrose's mullet and Cherry's wardrobe, can't get enough!
Your a great Canadian Kid

Oct 97 CBR Disney Honeymoon, Jan 06 AS Sports First Family Vacation, Jan 07 POR Jan 08 POP, Jan 09 POR, Jan 10 POR, AUG 10 POP, JAN 11 POR, AUG 11 POP,
AUG 12 ASM,CSR,SSR,POR(yep all 4),OCT 13 POR First Halloween Party and Food & Wine
,OCT 14 POR
Old 07-28-2010, 10:36 PM   #229
FreezinRafiki
DDC 322
Cold enough for ya?
Shocking, isn't it. Oh, wait, thats a taser

Quote:
Well as a matter of fact, looking at my itinerary (detailed and color coded by park and meal type of course) DD and I have left the afternoon and evening of the 11th open to spend at the Dig Site. We're gonna try to do rope drop at DHS and stay till lunch at the Sci-Fi (our favorite!) after that we thought we'd just lounge. We'll have GAD passes so should be able to get done early. Before or after dinner would work out great. I'm looking forward to a few frosty beverages poolside or If I can come up with a minimum order from Garden Grocer maybe more than a couple I am very excited about our first stay at a moderate, I may even have to hit the hot tub no matter the weather.

Let me know how to find you.
He'll be the guy in the blindingly bright tie-died shirt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyDaddy-O View Post
Its funny you used this one.

I happened to be in the area of my old job today and decided to go in and say hi. I met the person who took my position and she said :So you are the famous Nick...and I said the in-famous Nick. I think I was the only one laughing. Sometimes I tell jokes just for me....
I would have laughed my butt off if I were there.
Old 07-28-2010, 10:37 PM   #230
that's nice
DDC #330

Maybe the entire internet is slowing down because of this thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreezinRafiki View Post
Oh, and for all of you that have not been reading along with Tim's PRT, that's nice and FreezinRafiki are now mortal enemies. (Tim - I know we agreed on arch nemesis, but you've got to admit - mortal enemy has a very nice poetic ring to it.) So just in case any epic battles for world supremacy break out, y'all have a heads up.
Well which one is it.... Arch nemesis or Mortal Enemy?

OK here is what my henchmen are going to look like..

Quote:
Originally Posted by KTME View Post
Barry I am on your side....you have Cheeseballs!!!!
Cheeseballs!!!! That is all it took? HAHAHA!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emma's Dad View Post
And I'll take Tim's side... just because everyone likes a villain that can be nicknamed "Timmy"!
Quote:
Originally Posted by FreezinRafiki
Oh, I almost forgot - my daughter is one of only 3 people in the world that have been granted permission to call him that. Hopefully she's not some kind of double agent.
Timmy? Who is that? This guy?

Barry is right... his daughter has permission.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emma's Dad View Post
Hmmmm... this is good info to know...
HEY.. I thought you were on my side?

Quote:
Awesome! My first minion. Or henchman. Feel free to call yourself whatever you want. I'll have my HR team get in contact with you regarding the benefits package. We have a nice dental plan. It's the least we can for you since there will be a good chance you will die a horrible death in a bloody battle. Oh, and we also have a nice education reimbursement plan.
LOL Can I get in on this plan?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Oblivious View Post
Well, we know Tim is a Yankees fan, so that may push his side into pure evil right there.

If I'm a minion or a henchman, does that mean I have to wear a red shirt?
ALL RIGHT.... now I have 2 recruits!

No red shirts involved.... Unless it is a Boston Su--- shirt!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KTME View Post
hey we need to recruit Fed before he goes to the dark side. I think that if you offer enough cheeseballs he will join!
COME ON... I need FED on my side... he is locked and loaded!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stopher1 View Post
That's so true - so that made my choice so easy... I'm on Tim's side - since I'm one too.

Up to 3! Welcome CHRIS!

Go Yanks!
Old 07-28-2010, 10:47 PM   #231
that's nice
DDC #330

Quote:
I got to thinking this morning. Then I stopped and jumped on the DIS.

For those of us that fly to WDW, what is your favorite method of getting tickets? Do you use sites like Expeida or Orbitz?
We have 3 carriers (AirTran, SouthWest and Midwest/soon to be merged with Frontier) that fly direct from Milwaukee to Orlando. I'm on the email lists for AirTran and Midwest, so every once in a while I'll get notified of sales. SouthWest just started flying into Milwaukee, so I haven't had a chance to fly with them yet.

I check all three websites directly and book directly through their site. The prices always seem to be just a bit lower there than the online travel sites. Plus I'm eliminating the middle man, so there can't be any finger-pointing if something goes wrong.

So how about guys - what's your preferred method?
I was going to say kayak.com... But prattpak mentioned that one already. We are jetblue flyers but we have to fly out of Whiteplains, NY or Newburg, NY both about 1hour 15 minutes away. Good thing is Jetblue is starting Florida service out of Bradley (Hartford) this fall!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by prattpak View Post
We use kayak.com it searches ALL the travel sites for you. Then once we find a good one we double check the airlines site to verify pricing.
Exactly what we do!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofy + 3 View Post
I've seen in a few places that park tickets are expected to increase on August 1. So I better hurry up and buy mine. Problem is, I haven't bought park tickets in about 8 years so I'm unsure of what I'm doing. Do you guys go straight through Disney or another vendor like undercovertourist.com?
UT has the best prices.. as someone else mentioned if you use the link in Mousesavers you get a few more $$$ off. I have a story to tell you about UT, I have to find it first. I'll be back....

OK back taken from my October 09 TR....

Melody's brother and his wife dropped us off at the airport. We made it through security and stopped at the bathroom. Our flight was already boarding! We got settled in the plane and we were waiting to leave. Everyone was on the plane and we were just sitting there. After 10 minutes of sitting I went numb. I turned to Melody and it went something like this:
Me- "OH MY GOD!"
Melody- "What?"
Me- "OH MY GOD!"
Melody- "What? What's wrong"
Me- "I left our park tickets in my top drawer"
Melody- "You are joking. You are joking right?"
Me- "No I'm serious. I left them in the top drawer."

I bought tickets from Undercover Tourist in the summer before the ticket prices went up. I put the tickets in a safe place..... a place where I wouldn't lose them. Apparently this place was where I would leave them while I was on a plane headed to Disney!!!!!!! I have no idea how I did this. I felt soooo bad. I was even nauseous.

The door finally shut and we were taxiing to the runway. I kept telling Melody I was sorry and I felt horrible, and I would fix everything once we got to Orlando. I managed to snap a few pics on the plane.

Jump ahead...
Melody & Juliana went to look in the gift shop and I stayed with the stroller in front of the restaurant. I went to check the time on my cell phone and I noticed I had a voicemail. I looked at the number and it was a Florida number. I didn't know if Melody's cousin was trying to get a hold of us so I checked my message. Undercover Tourist (the place I bought our park tickets from) called me back and wanted me to call them. I called them back and spoke to a very nice woman and I explained what had happened. She said she had all my info and to call her back when I got to guest services with a fax number. She had copies of the back of my tickets and would fax that over. SCORE!!!!

One more jump....
We hopped back on the monorail back towards MK. We got our bags checked and I headed over to guest services. The line was pretty long but was moving quickly. I got up to the window and quickly explained what was going on. I got the fax number and called UT. They send the fax over. The CM and I were waiting for it to arrive. The cover letter came but no second page. We were waiting & waiting. I called UT again and asked them to send the second page over. While I was on the phone I saw the CM go over to the fax machine. The second page was stuck inside the fax and it was crumpled and not legible. A moment later my fax was coming through!!!! Our tickets were reissued and we were ready to go!!

Point is...UT has some of the best service around.. and the best prices. Their prices include TAX & SHIPPING! We have bought tickets from them 2 times and will most likely be buying all our tickets from them. If you ned the mouse savers newsletter PM me. I'll email it to you.

Last edited by that's nice; 07-28-2010 at 10:54 PM.
Old 07-28-2010, 10:52 PM   #232
stopher1

Wall to wall creeps, and hot and cold running chills! Shh...listen
I have plenty of hill left to climb thank you very much

Location: Indiana + AKV, SSR, VGC & Aulani (wishing to be able to ADD VWL to the mix too)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyDaddy-O View Post
I think I was the only one laughing. Sometimes I tell jokes just for me....
Don't we all?!?

DISNEYLAND: Way too many to possibly count! I grew up 30 mins. from DL. Former CM. AP holder for 20 yrs. Premier Pass AP. All 3 DL Resorts and numerous off-site hotels.
WDW: 58 trips on & off-site, including DVC, Deluxe, Moderate & Value - in 18 different WDW resorts & numerous off-site resorts. AP holder for 5 yrs. Premier Pass AP holder.
AULANI: 1 so far. More to come though, & definitely looking forward to returning!
Old 07-28-2010, 10:56 PM   #233
stopher1

Wall to wall creeps, and hot and cold running chills! Shh...listen
I have plenty of hill left to climb thank you very much

Location: Indiana + AKV, SSR, VGC & Aulani (wishing to be able to ADD VWL to the mix too)

Quote:
Originally Posted by that's nice View Post

Only if we get the Yankee logo on it.

DISNEYLAND: Way too many to possibly count! I grew up 30 mins. from DL. Former CM. AP holder for 20 yrs. Premier Pass AP. All 3 DL Resorts and numerous off-site hotels.
WDW: 58 trips on & off-site, including DVC, Deluxe, Moderate & Value - in 18 different WDW resorts & numerous off-site resorts. AP holder for 5 yrs. Premier Pass AP holder.
AULANI: 1 so far. More to come though, & definitely looking forward to returning!
Old 07-28-2010, 10:58 PM   #234
middlepat
Dis Dad Member #325

Quote:
Quote:
I got a suggestion on where it should go...

Nov 01 ASMo, Sept 05 WL, Jan 07 POFQ, Nov 09 Poly May 13 Off-Site (Windsor Hills)
Old 07-28-2010, 10:59 PM   #235
DisneyDaddy-O

Quote:

I would have laughed my butt off if I were there.
I knew you guys would understand...

Quote:
Don't we all?!?
Good point.

,OCT 14 POR
Old 07-28-2010, 10:59 PM   #236
that's nice
DDC #330

Quote:
That would look good with a NY on the helmet!
Old 07-28-2010, 11:00 PM   #237
middlepat
Dis Dad Member #325

Quote:
That would look good with a NY on the helmet!
Not quite where I was thinking...

Old 07-28-2010, 11:13 PM   #238
doggydoc
It's not a midlife crisis I'm just a car enthusiast.....honest

Quote:
Not quite where I was thinking...
They are facing the wrong way though aren't they?
Old 07-28-2010, 11:36 PM   #239
unclescrooge_0707
I'M ON THE RIGHT!!!
DDC 418

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt. Barbosa View Post
Sorry I should have qualified they are 11 and 8 so Star Wars and Indiana Jones have been covered along with most of the other age approved movies.

Here is a good spot from my short Bio I guess

I'm 44 yr old Father of two boys 11 and 8, Married 16 yrs to my lovely wife. Live in Southern NH just below Manchester, I was brought up in a Suburb of Boston and I'm a fan of the Bruins, Red Sox and Patriots, not a fan of Basketball.
Things I'm geeky about besides Disney. Jimmy Buffett,Mustangs, Jeeps, Bugs Bunny 70 and 80's Rock.
as posted in DDC IV, i now own a 2011 v6 mustang. Sure, it's an automatic (please don't judge too harshly), but it's still my first Mustang.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofy + 3 View Post
I see you're a Mel Brooks fan.

And for some reason, I've been quoting Clue lately.
1+2+2+1.
Nah-uh. only ONE shot got the chandelear, that's 1+2+1+1.
Even if you WERE right, that'd be 1+1+2+1, not 1+TWO+1+1.

Quote:
Hey Disney Commando, I followed the link at the beginning of this thread to the post where you listed your Mustang stable. Awesome! I'm a Stang guy as well and my Dad has an original owner 1972 Mach 1, bright yellow with black accents! Unfortunately his is a 2 barrel and no ram air. It's in pretty rough shape right now but I hope to get it restored some day soon(if I can stop spending so much money at Disney )

I'm a ragtop man, had a '85 LX 5.0 vert many years ago, went through almost a couple decades of sensible cars (did my time in the minivan!) and now have an '08 GT500 vert. Trying to talk my wife into a new 5.0 but she's just not into cars
305 hp is enough. I'd kill myself with a 412 hp GT.

Quote:
Originally Posted by trennr View Post
Wow...11 pages deep and I'm finally here. That's crazy.
I went on Vacation, and have been out since Friday... guys, i have to work! give the rest of the team a chance!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClearScreen View Post
A few more of my favorite "Man" movies:

Jaws
The Great Escape
Guns of Navarone
Jeremiah Johnson
Clerks (a personal favorite and so quotable)

Lots of good ones already posted - good call on "Kelly's Heroes." I thought I'd add a few more.

ClearScreen
"Cancer Merchant! Cancer Merchant!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt. Barbosa View Post
1200 Dollars and a blown Johnson, sounds like a hell of weekend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunch24 View Post
At this rate, I'll be posting every 10 pages. Slow down guys!

On a serious note, how do you guys book your vacations to The World? I ask because for our Disneymoon we used a local travel agent, but for our last two trips, we've booked through Disney's site. Anybody have experience with Mouse Fan Travel? Or any other reputable Disney travel agent? I have a feeling we could save a lot of money booking through an agent than booking straight through Disney. But the comfort of knowing Disney did the booking kind of puts me at ease.
We stick to the Disney Website. I know it's less expensive to do some other sites, but that's what we do.

Quote:
Is it wrong that as soon as I read this the following went through my head:

Rollin' in my 5.0
With my rag-top down so my hair can blow
The girlies on standby waving just to say hi
Did you stop no I just drove by
Kept on pursuing to the next stop
I busted a left and I'm heading to the next block
The block was dead
Yo so I continued to A1A Beachfront Avenue

um... well... me too. (where's the hang your head in shame smiley?)

Quote:
I have nothing against the Bruins, but could they PLEASE stop showing that Bobby Orr jump in the air goal where he put away my beloved St Louis Blues in the Stanley Cup finals.
From the STL. I used to be a Blues fan, but fell out of love with Hockey. I want to see a hockey game, not "I went to the fights last night, and a hockey game broke out."

Quote:
Well which one is it.... Arch nemesis or Mortal Enemy?

Cheeseballs!!!! That is all it took? HAHAHA!

Timmy? Who is that? This guy?

Barry is right... his daughter has permission.

HEY.. I thought you were on my side?

LOL Can I get in on this plan?

ALL RIGHT.... now I have 2 recruits!

No red shirts involved.... Unless it is a Boston Su--- shirt!

COME ON... I need FED on my side... he is locked and loaded!

Up to 3! Welcome CHRIS!

Go Yanks!
Looks like I'm team Barry.... Boo to the Yankees! Buying championships is not building a winning team! (except for Jeter. He's still the man, because he plays the right way.)

My completed first Trip Report:
I'm not a foodie, but I play one at WDW - completed through lack of updates 6/14/11!
Old 07-28-2010, 11:46 PM   #240
that's nice
DDC #330

Quote:
They are facing the wrong way though aren't they?
Good One!

Quote:
Originally Posted by unclescrooge_0707 View Post
Looks like I'm team Barry.... Boo to the Yankees! Buying championships is not building a winning team! (except for Jeter. He's still the man, because he plays the right way.)
You know... my side isn't just for Yankees fans. I mean look at the cool outfits you would get to wear!
Closed Thread

Tags
club, dads, dis, man, men

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: