Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families > DIS Dads
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 09-16-2010, 10:02 PM   #2296
Disney Commando
DDC
Disney Fans Are Friends
now I have some things to plan, I'm going to try to get the Dapper Dans

Stopher - keeping your family in my prayers, I'm glad your wife was able to go out to see him
1976 Contemp, 82 Contemp, 86 Contemp, 8/03 Honeymoon Off Site, 7/05 Off Site. 11/08 Off Site, Halloween till 11/08/09 ASM w/ Free DDP, Dis Dads Dec. Trip 12/5 - 12/11, 2010 8/11 ASM, 8/12 Off Site, 11/12 ASM, 8/13 ASM, 4/14 POP, 6/14 AKL, 8/14 POP

Dis Dad Member #393
WDW Commando Member #1
Old 09-16-2010, 10:04 PM   #2297
DisneyDaddy-O
Dis Dads Club Member #286
I'm sure those driving beside me thought I was nuts

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreezinRafiki View Post
My mom passed away peacefully this morning. Yes, I'm sad, but also relieved. She wasn't doing well the last few days and she can finally be at peace now. As I mentioned before, she spend her entire life as farmer's wife, milking cows twice a day, every day. During some very lean times on the farm, she took a job at a local cheese plant in addition to twice daily milkings. She still found time to make sure all of the family and hired hands were fed and taken care of. She made sure that us kids got to all of our assorted activities and games and made sure that all of us got at least some post-secondary education. Along the way she dealt with the death of her husband, survived breast cancer, and lived 6 years after an aneurysm that should have taken her on the spot. She's earned her wings.
I am truly sorry for you loss, peace be with you and your family in this very difficult time. Our thoughts and prayers go out to you.

Oct 97 CBR Disney Honeymoon, Jan 06 AS Sports First Family Vacation, Jan 07 POR Jan 08 POP, Jan 09 POR, Jan 10 POR, AUG 10 POP, JAN 11 POR, AUG 11 POP,
AUG 12 ASM,CSR,SSR,POR(yep all 4),OCT 13 POR First Halloween Party and Food & Wine
,OCT 14 POR
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-16-2010, 10:06 PM   #2298
Disney Commando
DDC
Disney Fans Are Friends
now I have some things to plan, I'm going to try to get the Dapper Dans

Quote:
Originally Posted by BirdsLightyear View Post
i think i am going straight down 95..I thought I would have more time to figure all this out since our original reservations were for Nov. but my wife changed it to this weekendand now its a mad rush to figure all this out
All I can say is stay on 95, GPS might say 395,495,695 , just stay on 95
1976 Contemp, 82 Contemp, 86 Contemp, 8/03 Honeymoon Off Site, 7/05 Off Site. 11/08 Off Site, Halloween till 11/08/09 ASM w/ Free DDP, Dis Dads Dec. Trip 12/5 - 12/11, 2010 8/11 ASM, 8/12 Off Site, 11/12 ASM, 8/13 ASM, 4/14 POP, 6/14 AKL, 8/14 POP

Dis Dad Member #393
WDW Commando Member #1
Old 09-16-2010, 10:21 PM   #2299
stopher1

Wall to wall creeps, and hot and cold running chills! Shh...listen
I have plenty of hill left to climb thank you very much

Location: Indiana + AKV, SSR, VGC & Aulani (wishing to be able to ADD VWL to the mix too)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney Commando View Post
Stopher - keeping your family in my prayers, I'm glad your wife was able to go out to see him
Thanks. Me too. But I'm also looking forward to her return...

DISNEYLAND: Way too many to possibly count! I grew up 30 mins. from DL. Former CM. AP holder for 20 yrs. Premier Pass AP. All 3 DL Resorts and numerous off-site hotels.
WDW: 58 trips on & off-site, including DVC, Deluxe, Moderate & Value - in 18 different WDW resorts & numerous off-site resorts. AP holder for 5 yrs. Premier Pass AP holder.
AULANI: 1 so far. More to come though, & definitely looking forward to returning!
Old 09-16-2010, 10:34 PM   #2300
middlepat
Dis Dad Member #325

Barry, I'm so sorry for your loss. Our prayers are with you and your family.

Me (41) DW (29+) DD (11) DD (10) DD (6)
Nov 01 ASMo, Sept 05 WL, Jan 07 POFQ, Nov 09 Poly May 13 Off-Site (Windsor Hills)
Old 09-16-2010, 11:26 PM   #2301
DaveH
DIS Veteran

Barry, so sorry for your lost. We will keep you and family in our prayers.
Old 09-16-2010, 11:30 PM   #2302
DaveH
DIS Veteran

Quote:
ok, you people are really freaking me out!!!
Take a deep breath. The best thing is try to come through early. The volume on I95 can be heavy. Part of I95 is also I495 east of DC on the beltway. Once the traffic starts to slow down it very rarely speeds back for a long time. Once you get past Richmond it gets better. WTOP radio is pretty good on the traffic stuff.
Old 09-17-2010, 04:57 AM   #2303
DisneyFed
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreezinRafiki View Post
My mom passed away peacefully this morning. Yes, I'm sad, but also relieved. She wasn't doing well the last few days and she can finally be at peace now. As I mentioned before, she spend her entire life as farmer's wife, milking cows twice a day, every day. During some very lean times on the farm, she took a job at a local cheese plant in addition to twice daily milkings. She still found time to make sure all of the family and hired hands were fed and taken care of. She made sure that us kids got to all of our assorted activities and games and made sure that all of us got at least some post-secondary education. Along the way she dealt with the death of her husband, survived breast cancer, and lived 6 years after an aneurysm that should have taken her on the spot. She's earned her wings.
Thoughts and prayers are with you brother..

Quote:
ok, you people are really freaking me out!!!
Just be aware that DC can be a nightmare and be prepared for it...once you're south of there, you're OK (as a general rule)...pretty clear sailing through Georgia (except the one construction zone South of Savannah (Macintosh County)....watch your speed in that zone and in Camden County...(my county)

Take 9A around Jacksonville, FL, not 295 (both meet at 95 south at the same spot, 9A is just much quicker)...Don't go 95 through Jacksonville, the I 95, I 10 merger is all kind of jacked up (I get to drive it everyday, lucky me...)

Watch your speed south of Jacksonville through Saint Augustine...FHP (particularly the two wheeled models) just LOVE 95 South to the World Golf Village....

Stay off the throttle through Southern Virginia as well, VSP does NOT play down there (especially Emporia)...

NCHP is spotty and inconsistent as is SCHP (except for when I worked the highways, then naturally I95 was the best manned interstate in SC)

I'll take heat for this---but avoid South of the Border (..and you know which one of you you are)

All in all, you'll be fine....

"If it's one thing that I've learned from all this living, is that it wouldn't change a thing if I let go"

"I'll make a wish and do as dreamers do"
Old 09-17-2010, 07:17 AM   #2304
BirdsLightyear
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyFed View Post

Just be aware that DC can be a nightmare and be prepared for it...once you're south of there, you're OK (as a general rule)...pretty clear sailing through Georgia (except the one construction zone South of Savannah (Macintosh County)....watch your speed in that zone and in Camden County...(my county)

Take 9A around Jacksonville, FL, not 295 (both meet at 95 south at the same spot, 9A is just much quicker)...Don't go 95 through Jacksonville, the I 95, I 10 merger is all kind of jacked up (I get to drive it everyday, lucky me...)

Watch your speed south of Jacksonville through Saint Augustine...FHP (particularly the two wheeled models) just LOVE 95 South to the World Golf Village....

Stay off the throttle through Southern Virginia as well, VSP does NOT play down there (especially Emporia)...

NCHP is spotty and inconsistent as is SCHP (except for when I worked the highways, then naturally I95 was the best manned interstate in SC)

I'll take heat for this---but avoid South of the Border (..and you know which one of you you are)

All in all, you'll be fine....
I dont know what youre talking about........ I always follow the speed limit....

and out of curiosity, why avoid South of the Border? I dont really get the excitement, but the wife has made it pretty clear its a must. shes pretty serious about it...enough so that she wont let me drive straight through and wants to stop and get a hotel
Chris - DisDads Club Member #510 DisDads Facebook Group Member and Dad to 8 little Eagles fans in the making.
Old 09-17-2010, 07:20 AM   #2305
DisneyFed
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I dont know what youre talking about........ I always follow the speed limit....

and out of curiosity, why avoid South of the Border? I dont really get the excitement, but the wife has made it pretty clear its a must. shes pretty serious about it...enough so that she wont let me drive straight through and wants to stop and get a hotel

I worked that area....and as a SC native it's a bit embarassing

Nothing wrong with it, in and of itself

Where are you getting your hotel?

"If it's one thing that I've learned from all this living, is that it wouldn't change a thing if I let go"

"I'll make a wish and do as dreamers do"
Old 09-17-2010, 07:30 AM   #2306
BirdsLightyear
Mouseketeer

Quote:

we dont even know yet. we'll be checking priceline later i guess. any suggestions? we have a 2pm reservation at T-rex for Sunday, so time wise, it would need to be somewhere close enough so that we could get there in time. im thinking if we get up at 6 on sunday, with a little wiggle room for stops, we can get about 6 hours of driving done on sunday. so wherever is 6 hours from orlando is where ill be staying...i guess i better go google map that.
Chris - DisDads Club Member #510 DisDads Facebook Group Member and Dad to 8 little Eagles fans in the making.
Old 09-17-2010, 07:41 AM   #2307
tutter99
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Why you always gotta be hate'n on Pedro

No drive to Disney is complete without a sacrifice to the fireworks gods!

Proud to be DisDad #356
Old 09-17-2010, 07:49 AM   #2308
Cinderella's Fella
DIS Dad #215
Carpe Bacon
And no more candy and caffeine for the rest of you

Berry, may God's peace be with you and your family. My Mom went to be with my Father last year after years of being ill, I know what you are going though. It's a blessing that she is no longer hurting, but we miss her so much. We will keep you and your family in our prayers.

I forgot.
I declare this page open and free to DisDads everywhere! We Are DisDads!

Last edited by Cinderella's Fella; 09-17-2010 at 08:04 AM.
Old 09-17-2010, 08:46 AM   #2309
GoofyIsAsGoofyDoes
DDC 469
Never mind the Kool-Aid, don’t drink the Beverly!
If it’s still here tomorrow… I may ignore it again

Quote:
Originally Posted by tutter99 View Post
Why you always gotta be hate'n on Pedro

No drive to Disney is complete without a sacrifice to the fireworks gods!

Absolutely hysterical. I’m now cleaning “Yankee Tea” off of my monitor. I love the picture depicting a sacrifice to the fireworks goods.

The Fireworks thing is really interesting to me (I’m not talking to you directly Tutter, but living on one of the state boarders, I notice this… A lot). As they are legal (for the most part) here in the most Southern of the two Carolinas (one of the minority of states where this is true), they attract a lot of attention from folks passing through or livinging along the boarders. Those of us who live here really don’t care that much about them. When my family moved here in the mid-70s, I ran out and spent all the quarters in my allowance jar to buy packs of firecrackers and other high-velocity expendables, used ‘em all up, and had little to show for it (I had fun, but afterward, “there was just no there, there” ). Within a couple of years, it was old hat to me and like most locals; I’ve rarely even walked into one of the purveyors shops much less bought any appreciable amount of the devices. I think part of the attraction is just getting the opportunity to do something fun and entertaining which back at home would be either over regulated or seen as socially unacceptable. It’s a bit like the effect that Prohibition had on the alcohol industry. Of course I believe in free enterprise and the individuals right to make their own life choices, so I say: “Y’all make sure to stop by while you’re down this way and buy all the fireworks you want. We’ll make more.”

Last edited by GoofyIsAsGoofyDoes; 09-17-2010 at 08:52 AM.
Old 09-17-2010, 08:51 AM   #2310
GoofyIsAsGoofyDoes
DDC 469
Never mind the Kool-Aid, don’t drink the Beverly!
If it’s still here tomorrow… I may ignore it again

Quote:

I worked that area....and as a SC native it's a bit embarassing

Nothing wrong with it, in and of itself

Fed!!

I see that you location has changed.

I'm very glad to see that you are in the final process of getting back home. Let me express both my sincere gratitude for the work you’ve been doing for all of us, and my true joy to see that you’re almost back with your family (where all of us DisDads belong )
Closed Thread

Tags
club, dads, dis, man, men

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: