Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families > DIS Dads
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 09-15-2010, 07:48 PM   #2251
DisneyDaddy-O
Dis Dads Club Member #286
I'm sure those driving beside me thought I was nuts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BirdsLightyear View Post
I have a question does anyone know how much the tolls are from philly to disneyworld...thank you
We just got back and took 79/77/26/95 and the tolls not including the one we get as soon as we cross the border is about $6.00. We got two rolls of quarters for the trip and that seemed to do the trick.

What way are you taking down and when are you going? We need details.

Oct 97 CBR Disney Honeymoon, Jan 06 AS Sports First Family Vacation, Jan 07 POR Jan 08 POP, Jan 09 POR, Jan 10 POR, AUG 10 POP, JAN 11 POR, AUG 11 POP,
AUG 12 ASM,CSR,SSR,POR(yep all 4),OCT 13 POR First Halloween Party and Food & Wine
Old 09-15-2010, 08:05 PM   #2252
BirdsLightyear
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyDaddy-O View Post
We just got back and took 79/77/26/95 and the tolls not including the one we get as soon as we cross the border is about $6.00. We got two rolls of quarters for the trip and that seemed to do the trick.

What way are you taking down and when are you going? We need details.
i think i am going straight down 95..I thought I would have more time to figure all this out since our original reservations were for Nov. but my wife changed it to this weekendand now its a mad rush to figure all this out
Chris - DisDads Club Member #510 DisDads Facebook Group Member and Dad to 8 little Eagles fans in the making

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-15-2010, 08:14 PM   #2253
DisneyDaddy-O
Dis Dads Club Member #286
I'm sure those driving beside me thought I was nuts

Quote:
i think i am going straight down 95..I thought I would have more time to figure all this out since our original reservations were for Nov. but my wife changed it to this weekendand now its a mad rush to figure all this out
Are you driving straight through or staying over one night. I love the last minute trips, makes the waiting easier. Have a great time. Not sure if you have ever driven the other way, but the drive down was awesome. A ton to see and lots of places to make pee breaks for the kids and wifey.

Oct 97 CBR Disney Honeymoon, Jan 06 AS Sports First Family Vacation, Jan 07 POR Jan 08 POP, Jan 09 POR, Jan 10 POR, AUG 10 POP, JAN 11 POR, AUG 11 POP,
AUG 12 ASM,CSR,SSR,POR(yep all 4),OCT 13 POR First Halloween Party and Food & Wine
Old 09-15-2010, 08:34 PM   #2254
BirdsLightyear
Mouseketeer

Barry, I dont know you, but I'm sorry to hear about whats going on. I cant even imagine how hard it is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyDaddy-O View Post
Are you driving straight through or staying over one night. I love the last minute trips, makes the waiting easier. Have a great time. Not sure if you have ever driven the other way, but the drive down was awesome. A ton to see and lots of places to make pee breaks for the kids and wifey.

I dont even know yet!! I have no itinerary, no map, no nothing! Were at a level 5 DIS crisis here, folks.
Chris - DisDads Club Member #510 DisDads Facebook Group Member and Dad to 8 little Eagles fans in the making

Old 09-15-2010, 08:35 PM   #2255
ClearScreen
DIS Dad #461
An E-Ticket Attraction in my own mind

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreezinRafiki View Post
I'm sorry to bring the thread down again, but I have some bad news to share. I'm currently sitting next to my mom's bed in a hospice facility, watching her sleep. She had a brain aneurysm 6 years ago, and back then the doctors didn't think she would have very much longer. With surgery and therapy she was able to live at home for a little while, but has been in a memory care/assisted living place for the last few years. A few weeks ago she started taking a turn for the worse and the past weekend she was moved here. Basically, they provide comfort care, not curative. No one is sure what to expect - from a few hours to a few weeks.
Sitting here is very surreal and emotional.
It just reminds me that life is short and life is fragile. Don't pass up an opportunity to tell your family how much they mean to you. And most of all - live your life so you won't have any regrets. "I shouldn't have done such-and-such" or "I really wish I had done this-or-that." That's how my mom taught me to live, and I can only hope and strive to be half the person she is.
So sorry. You will be in my thoughts and prayers.

ClearScreen
ClearScreen (Chris) - DIS Dad Club Member #461 - Me(43), DW(43), DD(10), DS(8)

1976 - 2 trips stayed off-site. September, 2000 - Wilderness Lodge. August, 2010 - Contemporary. August, 2012 - Swan.

Have you ever heard of Plato, Aristotle, Socrates? Morons.
Old 09-15-2010, 08:46 PM   #2256
Captain_Oblivious
DIS Dad #257
Don't underestimate your audience. I'm sure there's a fart joke in here somewhere

Quote:
I have a question does anyone know how much the tolls are from philly to disneyworld...thank you
Quote:
I dont even know yet!! I have no itinerary, no map, no nothing! Were at a level 5 DIS crisis here, folks.
I'm pretty sure the tolls you hit are in Delaware and Maryland. Delaware hits you up for a few bucks at the MD line, and then Maryland gets you at the Woodrow Wilson bridge crossing into VA both ways and then also in Perryville on the way back. I'd estimate $10-15 for those tolls. After that, I don't think there are any tolls in VA, NC or SC. Haven't done GA or FL in years, so I can't remember if they have any or not.

Where are you staying? We'll be down there next week and would love to see fellow Eagles fans!
Old 09-15-2010, 08:47 PM   #2257
Captain_Oblivious
DIS Dad #257
Don't underestimate your audience. I'm sure there's a fart joke in here somewhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyDadC View Post
Things like this is what amazes me about the DDC.Here we have 500+ guys that get together and share their life experiences.Though some of us have never met,we are like family.We can come in here and share our happiness, our sadness,or just our thoughts.There is always someone here to pick you up when you need it, to offer you advice,maybe even just to talk to you,or even just be here to listen. I am honored to know the members of the DDC,and will be honored even more to get to meets some of you.
Well said Carl!
Old 09-15-2010, 09:35 PM   #2258
BirdsLightyear
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Oblivious View Post
I'm pretty sure the tolls you hit are in Delaware and Maryland. Delaware hits you up for a few bucks at the MD line, and then Maryland gets you at the Woodrow Wilson bridge crossing into VA both ways and then also in Perryville on the way back. I'd estimate $10-15 for those tolls. After that, I don't think there are any tolls in VA, NC or SC. Haven't done GA or FL in years, so I can't remember if they have any or not.

Where are you staying? We'll be down there next week and would love to see fellow Eagles fans!
Were staying at pop...if you need to find me, just look for the room decorated with eagles stuff it would be awesome to run into a fellow dis dad there!

Old 09-15-2010, 09:53 PM   #2259
GoofyIsAsGoofyDoes
DDC 469
Never mind the Kool-Aid, don’t drink the Beverly!
If it’s still here tomorrow… I may ignore it again

Quote:
Quote:
There are no tolls on either I-95 or I-4 From Washington DC all the way to WDW. You should be good to go from there on down.
Old 09-15-2010, 09:58 PM   #2260
DaveH
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Please plan to get through DC early. Earlier the better. The traffic builds all day long and stays that way. Have a safe and great trip. If you want to get news and timely traffic in the DC area is WTOP. They are on 103.5, 103.9 and 107.7. traffic is every 10 mins. The locals use them, they are #1 in the market.
Old 09-15-2010, 10:25 PM   #2261
GoofyIsAsGoofyDoes
DDC 469
Never mind the Kool-Aid, don’t drink the Beverly!
If it’s still here tomorrow… I may ignore it again

Well I finaly got a chance to go back through the thread and see what all’s been going on. As usual, life tends to through us a lot of curves along the way. Some good (like going to Disney early), and unfortunately some not good at all.

Chris, Barry,
Please know that we are keeping both of you and your families in mind during these very trying times (btw: I’m not sure that I’ve earned first name status yet, but it seemed appropriate here). It will not be easy, but you will find a way to keep moving forward. Feel free to unload what ever needs to be said here. We’ll always lend a sportive ear. Let me also use a couple of lines to give thanks to all the folks in this nutty world that work for Hospice organizations everywhere. I lost both my mother and Father-in-Law to particularly nasty forms of cancer a while back (so I do understand very clearly all the things y’all are going though right now). We too were very grateful for the help all the hospice workers put forth. It didn’t make anything any easier, but it sure helped make it bearable, and the comfort derived form being in your own home or at least in a calm, quite and safe place is immeasurable.
Old 09-15-2010, 11:15 PM   #2262
AJRitz
DIS DAD #420
Galactic President Superstar McAwesomeville

Quote:
Quote:

Yeesh! So how many DIS Dads am I going to juuuuuuust miss meeting, because we don't get to Orlando until Oct. 1, and not to WDW until the 2nd/3rd?
Come visit the DISDads clubhouse! | DISDad #420 - Visit our new forum!

Old 09-15-2010, 11:19 PM   #2263
stopher1

Wall to wall creeps, and hot and cold running chills! Shh...listen
I have plenty of hill left to climb thank you very much

Location: Indiana + AKV, SSR, VGC & Aulani (wishing to be able to ADD VWL to the mix too)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoofyIsAsGoofyDoes View Post

Chris, Barry,
Please know that we are keeping both of you and your families in mind during these very trying times (btw: I’m not sure that I’ve earned first name status yet, but it seemed appropriate here). It will not be easy, but you will find a way to keep moving forward. Feel free to unload what ever needs to be said here. We’ll always lend a sportive ear. Let me also use a couple of lines to give thanks to all the folks in this nutty world that work for Hospice organizations everywhere. I lost both my mother and Father-in-Law to particularly nasty forms of cancer a while back (so I do understand very clearly all the things y’all are going though right now). We too were very grateful for the help all the hospice workers put forth. It didn’t make anything any easier, but it sure helped make it bearable, and the comfort derived form being in your own home or at least in a calm, quite and safe place is immeasurable.
Rob: Thanks. My own family situation, while trying and difficult to deal with right now, is kinda paling in comparison to Barry's right now. BUT, it is nice having a place like this to go through the motions of life, and share those highs and lows.

I certainly can't, nor would want to, speak for Barry - but as for me... no worries at all about the first name! Go ahead, use it. I've had it my whole life, and it's there to be used. While my given name is Christopher, (the iteration I prefer) I've been stopher pretty much since the 5th grade, and I kinda like it too. I've been called Chris (not super high on my list), Christopher, Christophe (too many computers cut off at 10 letters), Mr. L (last name's Lingren), L, CPL, CP (my middle name is Paul) and many other things from an italian explorer to a silly old bear's human pal, to a brand of frozen pizza, and many others that have absolutly nothing to do with my name! It doesn't matter to me - truly... plus it helps with the familiarity aspect, which this group really is about - being friendly and familiar - so by all means, go right ahead. Please.

DISNEYLAND: Way too many to possibly count! I grew up 30 mins. from DL. Former CM. AP holder for 20 yrs. Premier Pass AP. All 3 DL Resorts and numerous off-site hotels.
WDW: 58 trips on & off-site, including DVC, Deluxe, Moderate & Value - in 18 different WDW resorts & numerous off-site resorts. AP holder for 5 yrs. Premier Pass AP holder.
AULANI: 1 so far. More to come though, & definitely looking forward to returning!
Old 09-16-2010, 02:20 AM   #2264
DisneyFed
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by stopher1 View Post
But this picture, which my DW just posted on FB this afternoon, makes me smile. He's thinner than ever before, and sitting in a wheelchair, but he's just happy as a lark right here, so again I say it was entirely worth it to send her out west for a while.
I would say you are most definitely right....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Explodo View Post
And if there was a way to THIRD something I would.

The manlaw commitee needs to hold an emergency meeting
I see no prohibition against a Third....

Quote:
Sounds like my kind of trip Of course, I'm only 3 hours away so it's easier to say...

You're clear from DC South for tolls (unless you take the Sunway around Orlando--I have a Sunpass and can't remember how much the tolls are though...I4 at non rush hour is OK though, so I wouldn't go around on the toll road...

If you decide to stop, and can make it, Exit 3 in Georgia has the best hotel/food/gas area (though I'm baised because I live there)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveH View Post
Please plan to get through DC early. Earlier the better. The traffic builds all day long and stays that way. Have a safe and great trip. If you want to get news and timely traffic in the DC area is WTOP. They are on 103.5, 103.9 and 107.7. traffic is every 10 mins. The locals use them, they are #1 in the market.
The understatement of the year...

"If it's one thing that I've learned from all this living, is that it wouldn't change a thing if I let go"

"I'll make a wish and do as dreamers do"
Old 09-16-2010, 06:52 AM   #2265
DisneyDadC
Dis Dad Member #187
time to order me up a bag of dole whip mix

Quote:
Originally Posted by stopher1 View Post

While my given name is Christopher, (the iteration I prefer) I've been stopher pretty much since the 5th grade, and I kinda like it too. I've been called Chris (not super high on my list
Christopher,
This is good to know,I have called you Chris before and will try to make note in my mental bank. Please be patient with me though as there are many things stored up there between my ears so it might take a little time to go through and process it.
Dis Dad's Club Member #187 Dis Dad's Facebook Club Member
Tickets $,Travel $, Rooms Costs $,Putting a smile on a childs face=Priceless Keep up the Magic

Closed Thread

Tags
club, dads, dis, man, men

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: