Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families > DIS Dads
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 09-01-2010, 08:59 PM   #1651
stopher1

Wall to wall creeps, and hot and cold running chills! Shh...listen
I have plenty of hill left to climb thank you very much

Location: Indiana + AKV, SSR, VGC & Aulani (wishing to be able to ADD VWL to the mix too)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrincredible1980 View Post
Hey dads, as usual I am coming back on after being gone for several months. I see that yet another thread has had to be started! Thats so awesome! It looks like I will get to spend a lot more time keeping up with things as I have made a life changing decision in this last week. I have started a home business. I am more scared than I can say, but even more excited. This means that I will be home with my family. I even started coaching my son's soccer team! We have had two practices so far and I have to say that the enjoyment has rivaled anyhting that i have ever experienced. Im sorry I rambled but I had to share this excitement with some one. Thanks for listening and I hope tht every one has a terrific weekend!!
Congrats on the life change... wishing you the best and hope it all is terrific for you.

DISNEYLAND: Way too many to possibly count! I grew up 30 mins. from DL. Former CM. AP holder for 20 yrs. Premier Pass AP. All 3 DL Resorts and numerous off-site hotels.
WDW: 58 trips on & off-site, including DVC, Deluxe, Moderate & Value - in 18 different WDW resorts & numerous off-site resorts. AP holder for 5 yrs. Premier Pass AP holder.
AULANI: 1 so far. More to come though, & definitely looking forward to returning!
Old 09-01-2010, 09:00 PM   #1652
GoHerd1028
DDC 172
"Insert clever tag fairy saying here"
You really think I'm clever?

Quote:
Hey dads, as usual I am coming back on after being gone for several months. I see that yet another thread has had to be started! Thats so awesome! It looks like I will get to spend a lot more time keeping up with things as I have made a life changing decision in this last week. I have started a home business. I am more scared than I can say, but even more excited. This means that I will be home with my family. I even started coaching my son's soccer team! We have had two practices so far and I have to say that the enjoyment has rivaled anyhting that i have ever experienced. Im sorry I rambled but I had to share this excitement with some one. Thanks for listening and I hope tht every one has a terrific weekend!!

Congratulations on making such a life changing decision and here is hoping that it will give you all the success and time with your family you hoped it would!
DisDads Club Member #172
DH Steve (47) DW Shari (47) DS Ethan (9) DD Lauren (8)
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-01-2010, 09:07 PM   #1653
Whaler54
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by tutter99 View Post
He told me he made a new friend, when I asked what his name was he informed me it was a girl. When I asked what they did he informed me "Not much, we just laid beside each other at nap time".
That made me laugh.

We're starting to move our 3yr old boy from his crib to a bed this week. Last night he was laying in bed and I went to close the shades (the bed is right in front of the window) and he says "Oh, now at bedtime I can call out the window to Skye and ask her to come over." Skye is the neighbor's 4 yr old girl.
Old 09-01-2010, 09:08 PM   #1654
DadLightyear
WearTheYellowBand

Greetings fellas! I'm a newbie to the boards, but have definitely found them useful! My family (myself, my wife, and our 23 month old son) are headed to WDW for our 1st family vacation, on September 30 through October 4. It's a short trip, but we'll be celebrating my son's 2nd birthday. I think that I'm the most excited out of the three of us. We plan on hitting Mickey's Not So Scary party on our last night, so this will be a trip of many firsts for us.

I have most of our days planned:

Thursday (arrival around noon):
Swimming at All Star Sports, and dinner at T-Rex (our little guy loves dinosaurs)

Friday (son's birthday):
Magic Kingdom, dinner at 50's Prime Time.

Saturday:
Animal Kingdom

Sunday:
Hollywood Studios, dinner at The Plaza & MNSSHP

This is my second trip, but the wife and son's 1st. I hope that everything goes well. I'm just hoping that the weather cooperates for us. All this hurricane talk is making me nervous!
Old 09-01-2010, 09:10 PM   #1655
GoHerd1028
DDC 172
"Insert clever tag fairy saying here"
You really think I'm clever?

Quote:
Turns out they posted 8:00 as the time for all 3 of the pickup points for his route. They said to be there at 8:30-8:40 from now on. Any frustrations for the day were erased when I picked him up and he was grinning ear to ear telling me what a great day he had and how much he loves kindergarten. He told me he made a new friend, when I asked what his name was he informed me it was a girl. When I asked what they did he informed me "Not much, we just laid beside each other at nap time".
?

I might have you beat! On the first day of Kinderfarten the parents went and Ethan was seated by a girl he went to pre school with for the past two years...When the teach came to where they were Gracie immediately introduced Ethan to the teacher as her husband. She said that they got married at pre school last year I do know that she gave him her phone number but I did not get an invite to the wedding
DisDads Club Member #172
DH Steve (47) DW Shari (47) DS Ethan (9) DD Lauren (8)
Old 09-01-2010, 09:24 PM   #1656
AirGoofy
DIS Dad#341
Savvy!
I have yet to snag one of those recliner seats right in front of the big screen TV

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClearScreen View Post
Well, the Draft is over and I think it went great. Lots of fun and joking around. Maybe a rivalry or two was created... I will post updates throughout the year. Let the smack talk begin!
Sorry I missed it. I was out of town today and did not get back to late (I am on CT in KY). Thanks for the auto picks - they look great
DIS Dad #341
WDW Commando #187
Disneytopia LIVE! DVC Trip Reports
2011 Dis Dads Pro Football Pick'em Champion
Old 09-01-2010, 09:24 PM   #1657
middlepat
Dis Dad Member #325

Quote:
Originally Posted by unclescrooge_0707 View Post
And she's HERE!

Baby # 4 has arrived. It was 11 days (days) of "Prolonged latent phase" labor, 17 hours of Pitocin, and 5cm to Baby in 35 minutes at the end. :whew: emoticon

We've got our 3 boys, and now the girl. And, only 117 days until her first trip to Walt Disney World.... and people think i'm obsessed .

Congratulations!

Quote:
Turns out they posted 8:00 as the time for all 3 of the pickup points for his route. They said to be there at 8:30-8:40 from now on. Any frustrations for the day were erased when I picked him up and he was grinning ear to ear telling me what a great day he had and how much he loves kindergarten. He told me he made a new friend, when I asked what his name was he informed me it was a girl. When I asked what they did he informed me "Not much, we just laid beside each other at nap time".
Note to self... do not let my daughters play "kindergarten" with Tutter's son.

Quote:
Well, the Draft is over and I think it went great.

Lots of fun and joking around. Maybe a rivalry or two was created...

I will post updates throughout the year. Let the smack talk begin!

ClearScreen
Draft went well, although too quick for my part as I missed the first half. Good luck on finishing second!

Me (41) DW (29+) DD (11) DD (10) DD (6)
Nov 01 ASMo, Sept 05 WL, Jan 07 POFQ, Nov 09 Poly May 13 Off-Site (Windsor Hills)
Old 09-01-2010, 09:32 PM   #1658
middlepat
Dis Dad Member #325

Quote:
Congrats on the career change. Here's to all the best with the new business!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DadLightyear View Post
Greetings fellas! I'm a newbie to the boards, but have definitely found them useful! My family (myself, my wife, and our 23 month old son) are headed to WDW for our 1st family vacation, on September 30 through October 4. It's a short trip, but we'll be celebrating my son's 2nd birthday. I think that I'm the most excited out of the three of us. We plan on hitting Mickey's Not So Scary party on our last night, so this will be a trip of many firsts for us.

Swimming at All Star Sports, and dinner at T-Rex (our little guy loves dinosaurs)

Friday (son's birthday):

Saturday:
Animal Kingdom

Sunday:

This is my second trip, but the wife and son's 1st. I hope that everything goes well. I'm just hoping that the weather cooperates for us. All this hurricane talk is making me nervous!
Glad you found us, Emma's Dad should be along soon to formally give you your serial number and name plate. Your trip sounds like fun and I'm sure your DS will have a blast!

Me (41) DW (29+) DD (11) DD (10) DD (6)
Nov 01 ASMo, Sept 05 WL, Jan 07 POFQ, Nov 09 Poly May 13 Off-Site (Windsor Hills)
Old 09-01-2010, 09:46 PM   #1659
tutter99
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Congrats on the change, hope it works out. So what kind of business is it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoHerd1028 View Post

I might have you beat! On the first day of Kinderfarten the parents went and Ethan was seated by a girl he went to pre school with for the past two years...When the teach came to where they were Gracie immediately introduced Ethan to the teacher as her husband. She said that they got married at pre school last year I do know that she gave him her phone number but I did not get an invite to the wedding
Way to go Ethan! Where are they registered? I'd like to pick them up a plastic toaster. Does Power Wheels make a minivan?

Proud to be DisDad #356
Old 09-01-2010, 10:23 PM   #1660
Disney Commando
DDC
Disney Fans Are Friends
now I have some things to plan, I'm going to try to get the Dapper Dans

Quote:
And she's HERE!

Baby # 4 has arrived. It was 11 days (days) of "Prolonged latent phase" labor, 17 hours of Pitocin, and 5cm to Baby in 35 minutes at the end. :whew: emoticon

We've got our 3 boys, and now the girl. And, only 117 days until her first trip to Walt Disney World.... and people think i'm obsessed .
Congratulations What did you name the little
1976 Contemp, 82 Contemp, 86 Contemp, 8/03 Honeymoon Off Site, 7/05 Off Site. 11/08 Off Site, Halloween till 11/08/09 ASM w/ Free DDP, Dis Dads Dec. Trip 12/5 - 12/11, 2010 8/11 ASM, 8/12 Off Site, 11/12 ASM, 8/13 ASM, 4/14 POP, 6/14 AKL, 8/14 POP

Dis Dad Member #393
WDW Commando Member #1
Old 09-01-2010, 10:37 PM   #1661
Disney Commando
DDC
Disney Fans Are Friends
now I have some things to plan, I'm going to try to get the Dapper Dans

Well the Hermit Crab race, didn't go all that great tonite, out of his 9 crabs only 1 made it to the finials (ICarly) and came in 4rh or 5th in the finials They did film it for youtube so when it is on I'll let you guys know, so you can see what it's all about.

Now Thurs he has 2 of the crabs in the finials at the other place we go (Big Bird & Blue Shark, he changed shell and is now in one that looks like a eye) There are only 9 crabs total up for overall winner I'll let you know how he makes out
1976 Contemp, 82 Contemp, 86 Contemp, 8/03 Honeymoon Off Site, 7/05 Off Site. 11/08 Off Site, Halloween till 11/08/09 ASM w/ Free DDP, Dis Dads Dec. Trip 12/5 - 12/11, 2010 8/11 ASM, 8/12 Off Site, 11/12 ASM, 8/13 ASM, 4/14 POP, 6/14 AKL, 8/14 POP

Dis Dad Member #393
WDW Commando Member #1
Old 09-01-2010, 10:43 PM   #1662
FreezinRafiki
DDC 322
Cold enough for ya?
Shocking, isn't it. Oh, wait, thats a taser

Quote:
Congratulations! Hope everything goes well for you
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whaler54 View Post
That made me laugh.

We're starting to move our 3yr old boy from his crib to a bed this week. Last night he was laying in bed and I went to close the shades (the bed is right in front of the window) and he says "Oh, now at bedtime I can call out the window to Skye and ask her to come over." Skye is the neighbor's 4 yr old girl.
A few years ago, a new neighbor moved in right next door. He was doing some fixing up of the house's 2nd bedroom which faced my driveway. We were chatting a little and he mentioned he had a daughter. I told him that the previous owners of the house had a daughter who had that same room. Her boyfriend would sneak in that window, and the girl wound up pregnant at 15. Right on cue, and just like the hillbillies popping out of the corn on Hee-Haw, his buddy (whom I didn't even know was in there) popped up, stuck his head out of the window, did a quick examination of the frame and said "Yup, we can put some bars on here, no problem"

Quote:

Friday (son's birthday):

Saturday:
Animal Kingdom

Sunday:

No better place that Disney World to celebrate a birthday. Make sure you get the little guy a birthday button.
Welcome to the club!

Quote:
Way to go Ethan! Where are they registered? I'd like to pick them up a plastic toaster. Does Power Wheels make a minivan?
"Okay, well, uh... candlesticks always make a nice gift, and uh, maybe you could find out where she's registered and maybe a place-setting or maybe a silverware pattern. "
Old 09-01-2010, 11:38 PM   #1663
DisneyFed
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreezinRafiki View Post
If it happens again, we'll send Tim down there to "persuade" the bus driver to keep a little tighter schedule.

We just need Tim to stand there, grunt, and crack his knuckles...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt. Barbosa View Post
For those of you in law enforcment and those of us who don't want to see this in our rearview mirror, the new Ford Police Interceptor

http://www.fordpoliceinterceptorreveal.com/

Oooooooooooooooo Mikey Likes---needs a V8 or Ecoboost though

Quote:
Good Luck man

Quote:
Does Power Wheels make a minivan?
Oh Good Lord....

Ok, guys, off on my last "pucker factor" operation of the deployment....I'll probably have some video of it up later on Facebook unless things go horribly wrong...

"If it's one thing that I've learned from all this living, is that it wouldn't change a thing if I let go"

"I'll make a wish and do as dreamers do"
Old 09-02-2010, 07:36 AM   #1664
Captain_Oblivious
DIS Dad #257
Don't underestimate your audience. I'm sure there's a fart joke in here somewhere

Quote:

Did he have the munchies when he got home?

Quote:
Well, the Draft is over and I think it went great.

Lots of fun and joking around. Maybe a rivalry or two was created...

I will post updates throughout the year. Let the smack talk begin!

ClearScreen
Just so everyone knows, AJRitz and ClearScreen are now mortal enemies. Also, I have crappy receivers.

Quote:
Good luck! What does your business do?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whaler54 View Post
That made me laugh.

Quote:
Greetings fellas! I'm a newbie to the boards, but have definitely found them useful!
Welcome new dads! It's getting harder to keep up with all of the additions!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreezinRafiki View Post
A few years ago, a new neighbor moved in right next door. He was doing some fixing up of the house's 2nd bedroom which faced my driveway. We were chatting a little and he mentioned he had a daughter. I told him that the previous owners of the house had a daughter who had that same room. Her boyfriend would sneak in that window, and the girl wound up pregnant at 15. Right on cue, and just like the hillbillies popping out of the corn on Hee-Haw, his buddy (whom I didn't even know was in there) popped up, stuck his head out of the window, did a quick examination of the frame and said "Yup, we can put some bars on here, no problem"

"Okay, well, uh... candlesticks always make a nice gift, and uh, maybe you could find out where she's registered and maybe a place-setting or maybe a silverware pattern. "

Awesome story, and nice job with the Bull Durham quote as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyFed View Post
Ok, guys, off on my last "pucker factor" operation of the deployment....I'll probably have some video of it up later on Facebook unless things go horribly wrong...
Stay safe buddy! 16 days to go...

Hey, I'm getting close to 1,000 posts. Maybe I should stop multi-quoting and get the count up.
Old 09-02-2010, 08:00 AM   #1665
Emma's Dad
DIS Dad's Club Member
SOMEONE thinks I know SOMETHING!
Get your zombie ammunition NOW!

Quote:
And she's HERE!

Congratulation!!

Sounds like little sister is going to have some good protection!

Quote:
Glad to see you back! Have never tried a home business, but I would think it would definitely be a bit intimidating to start one. Good luck!
DIS Dads Club Member #115
4/08 - POP, 4/09 - CSR, 4/10 - CSR, 4/11 - BWV, 1/13, 4/13 & 12/13 - BCR

"If only Tinker Bell was related to the tooth fairy... where is my Disney magic??" - 2010 TR
"What's Your Problem?" Caught by loop and hook... (My first TR)
Closed Thread

Tags
club, dads, dis, man, men

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: