Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families > DIS Dads
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 09-01-2010, 07:04 PM   #1636
doggydoc
It's not a midlife crisis I'm just a car enthusiast.....honest

Quote:
Originally Posted by stopher1 View Post

BTW guys .... 4. That's right just 4 more sleeps until my DD and I head out for our Daddy Daughter Adventure! at AKV.
Awesome! I started doing an annual trip with my DD 5 years ago. It has been wonderful. DW feels a little left out at times but it has really brought me much closer to my daughter. I hope to keep the tradition up as long as possible by finding ever more interesting and age appropriate things for us to do. We have listed space camp, surf camp and high performance driving school as future ideas once WDW gets old (yeah like that could ever happen but young girls can be fickle.)

Have a fun and safe trip, DD and I will only be 4 days behind you!
Old 09-01-2010, 07:41 PM   #1637
unclescrooge_0707
I'M ON THE RIGHT!!!
DDC 418

And she's HERE!

Baby # 4 has arrived. It was 11 days (days) of "Prolonged latent phase" labor, 17 hours of Pitocin, and 5cm to Baby in 35 minutes at the end. :whew: emoticon

We've got our 3 boys, and now the girl. And, only 117 days until her first trip to Walt Disney World.... and people think i'm obsessed .

My completed first Trip Report:
I'm not a foodie, but I play one at WDW - completed through lack of updates 6/14/11!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-01-2010, 07:43 PM   #1638
Explodo
There's Something About Mary (Poppins)

Quote:
Originally Posted by unclescrooge_0707 View Post
And she's HERE!

Baby # 4 has arrived. It was 11 days (days) of "Prolonged latent phase" labor, 17 hours of Pitocin, and 5cm to Baby in 35 minutes at the end. :whew: emoticon

We've got our 3 boys, and now the girl. And, only 117 days until her first trip to Walt Disney World.... and people think i'm obsessed .
Dude CONGRATS!

NOw...Are you scheduling the snip? (To soon?)
Old 09-01-2010, 08:13 PM   #1639
wasnotafan
DIS Dad #481
Unfortunately my smartphone is smatter than I am
All that fresh air over the years has done me good

Quote:
And she's HERE!

Congratulations!
Sept/Oct 06 - POR Riverside Alligator Bayou
July 08 - POR Riverside Magnolia Bend
Old 09-01-2010, 08:16 PM   #1640
GoHerd1028
DDC 172
"Insert clever tag fairy saying here"
You really think I'm clever?

Quote:
And she's HERE!

Congratulations!! pictures are in order here!!
DisDads Club Member #172
DH Steve (47) DW Shari (47) DS Ethan (9) DD Lauren (8)
Old 09-01-2010, 08:19 PM   #1641
Capt. Barbosa
DIS Veteran

For those of you in law enforcment and those of us who don't want to see this in our rearview mirror, the new Ford Police Interceptor

http://www.fordpoliceinterceptorreveal.com/

First of all,returning you to shore was never part of our agreement. Second, you are not a pirate, so the Pirate's Code does not apply. And third, the Pirate's Code is more of a set of what you'd call 'guidelines' than actual rules. Welcome aboard the Black Pearl.
Old 09-01-2010, 08:20 PM   #1642
Capt. Barbosa
DIS Veteran

Quote:
And she's HERE!

Congratulations!

First of all,returning you to shore was never part of our agreement. Second, you are not a pirate, so the Pirate's Code does not apply. And third, the Pirate's Code is more of a set of what you'd call 'guidelines' than actual rules. Welcome aboard the Black Pearl.
Old 09-01-2010, 08:21 PM   #1643
Captain_Oblivious
DIS Dad #257
Don't underestimate your audience. I'm sure there's a fart joke in here somewhere

Quote:
And she's HERE!

Congratulations!
Old 09-01-2010, 08:26 PM   #1644
Capt. Barbosa
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whaler54 View Post
Newbie here! I have three kids (DD7, DS3 and DD1). We're about 242 days from our next trip (hoping the crowds aren't too bad in April - heard mixed things about that) staying at SSR.

We live in Western MA so hopefully don't have to worry too much about Earl, Fiona, etc.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whaler54 View Post
Thanks for all the welcomes!

Arriving April 13. Easter is on April 24, I'm hoping most spring breaks are the week of April 17. We plan on hitting the parks 14, 15, 16 and relaxing the rest (maybe Universal or Sea World.)
I'm arriving the day before Easter stay at THV hoping that most peoples break is the week before Easter, I know that MA. is NH is the week after Easter.

Old 09-01-2010, 08:28 PM   #1645
FreezinRafiki
DDC 322
Cold enough for ya?
Shocking, isn't it. Oh, wait, thats a taser

Quote:
And she's HERE!

Awesome! Some of my favorite pictures from Disney are of the Princesses with my little DD when she was verrrrry tiny. Enjoy her!
Old 09-01-2010, 08:38 PM   #1646
tutter99
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClearScreen View Post
Yeah. Waiting an hour for the school bus. Not cool. I almost hope it had mechanical or other problems as at least that would be some excuse. Did they ever say what it was?

First day of Kindergarten is supposed to be memorable, just not for this reason.

ClearScreen
Turns out they posted 8:00 as the time for all 3 of the pickup points for his route. They said to be there at 8:30-8:40 from now on. Any frustrations for the day were erased when I picked him up and he was grinning ear to ear telling me what a great day he had and how much he loves kindergarten. He told me he made a new friend, when I asked what his name was he informed me it was a girl. When I asked what they did he informed me "Not much, we just laid beside each other at nap time".

Quote:
And she's HERE!

Awesome news! Hope your wife is doing well, give her a day or two to recover before informing her that although this is a joyous occasion having another female in the house she is still outnumbered so the toilet seat will remain up.

Seriously though, with all the not so great news we've had around here lately this was great! Hopefully this is the start of a streak of good news for us all.
Name?

Proud to be DisDad #356
Old 09-01-2010, 08:52 PM   #1647
that's nice
DDC #330

Maybe the entire internet is slowing down because of this thread

Quote:
And she's HERE!

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now go get some sleep.. you must be exhausted!
Old 09-01-2010, 08:57 PM   #1648
ClearScreen
DIS Dad #461
An E-Ticket Attraction in my own mind

DIS Dad's Club Fantasy Football League

Well, the Draft is over and I think it went great.

Lots of fun and joking around. Maybe a rivalry or two was created...

I will post updates throughout the year. Let the smack talk begin!

ClearScreen
ClearScreen (Chris) - DIS Dad Club Member #461 - Me(44), DW(45), DD(12), DS(9)

1976 - 2 trips stayed off-site. September, 2000 - Wilderness Lodge. August, 2010 - Contemporary. August, 2012 - Swan. August, 2014 - Coronado Springs

Have you ever heard of Plato, Aristotle, Socrates? Morons.
Old 09-01-2010, 08:58 PM   #1649
Mrincredible1980
Dis Dad Member #154

Hey dads, as usual I am coming back on after being gone for several months. I see that yet another thread has had to be started! Thats so awesome! It looks like I will get to spend a lot more time keeping up with things as I have made a life changing decision in this last week. I have started a home business. I am more scared than I can say, but even more excited. This means that I will be home with my family. I even started coaching my son's soccer team! We have had two practices so far and I have to say that the enjoyment has rivaled anyhting that i have ever experienced. Im sorry I rambled but I had to share this excitement with some one. Thanks for listening and I hope tht every one has a terrific weekend!!
Old 09-01-2010, 08:58 PM   #1650
stopher1

Wall to wall creeps, and hot and cold running chills! Shh...listen
I have plenty of hill left to climb thank you very much

Location: Indiana + AKV, SSR, VGC & Aulani (wishing to be able to ADD VWL to the mix too)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadio View Post
AND we had some pts to burn or we'd loose them , so we figgured, what the heck and upgraded our ressies..we are now @ AK for 4 nites and 2 nites in a GV with 6 of us!!!! I think we will have a bit of room eh? At least we will get the lowdown on the GV's before the 'big' june trip with everyone...

Did you ask for the GV in Jambo or Kidani? The Jambo House ones are single story but have a pool table. The Kidani Village ones are two story, but don't have the pool table.

DISNEYLAND: Way too many to possibly count! I grew up 30 mins. from DL. Former CM. AP holder for 20 yrs. Premier Pass AP. All 3 DL Resorts and numerous off-site hotels.
WDW: 58 trips on & off-site, including DVC, Deluxe, Moderate & Value - in 18 different WDW resorts & numerous off-site resorts. AP holder for 5 yrs. Premier Pass AP holder.
AULANI: 1 so far. More to come though, & definitely looking forward to returning!
Closed Thread

Tags
club, dads, dis, man, men

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: