Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families > DIS Dads
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 09-01-2010, 10:21 AM   #1621
Emma's Dad
DIS Dad's Club Member
SOMEONE thinks I know SOMETHING!
Get your zombie ammunition NOW!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whaler54 View Post
Newbie here! I have three kids (DD7, DS3 and DD1). We're about 242 days from our next trip (hoping the crowds aren't too bad in April - heard mixed things about that) staying at SSR.

We live in Western MA so hopefully don't have to worry too much about Earl, Fiona, etc.
Welcome! You are member # 515!

WELCOME TO THE DIS DAD'S CLUB!

You have been added to the DIS Dad's Club list
DIS Dads Club Member #115
4/08 - POP, 4/09 - CSR, 4/10 - CSR, 4/11 - BWV, 1/13, 4/13 & 12/13 - BCR

"If only Tinker Bell was related to the tooth fairy... where is my Disney magic??" - 2010 TR
"What's Your Problem?" Caught by loop and hook... (My first TR)
Old 09-01-2010, 10:26 AM   #1622
that's nice
DDC #330

Maybe the entire internet is slowing down because of this thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreezinRafiki View Post
Well, we dropped DD5 off for her first day of Kindergarten today. She's about 4 inches taller than most of the kids in her class (she turns 6 in October), so DW is a little more at ease that she won't be pushed around too much. (She's also build like a middle linebacker, so that helps)
We spoke to her teacher at the open house last night and mentioned that she would be going to WDW for a week in early December. The teacher didn't have a problem - in fact, she asked if she could come too!
LOL Don't mess with Madison.... or else! I'll have to come beat up some 5 yr olds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emma's Dad View Post
LOL! Well... for your defense this is actually BB Code and not HTML!
Don..... are you starting to stick up for people?

I thought an unwritten man law was to add fuel to the fire, kick 'em while they are down, beat 'em to a pulp?
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-01-2010, 10:32 AM   #1623
tutter99
DIS Veteran

OK gotta vent, Today is DS's first full day of kindergarten. He got accepted into a Museum Magnet program instead of our neighborhood school which was cool because our neighborhood school is on probation because about 65% of the kids are below standards for math and reading. The problem was that because it isn't the neighborhood school they do this express bus system where the parents bring the kids to a central location so the bus only makes 2 or 3 stops on the way to school. The letter they sent said to have him at the stop at 7:50 for an 8:00 pickup. The bus didn't show up until 8:55!

Proud to be DisDad #356
Old 09-01-2010, 10:49 AM   #1624
Emma's Dad
DIS Dad's Club Member
SOMEONE thinks I know SOMETHING!
Get your zombie ammunition NOW!

Quote:
Originally Posted by that's nice View Post
LOL Don't mess with Madison.... or else! I'll have to come beat up some 5 yr olds.

Don..... are you starting to stick up for people?

I thought an unwritten man law was to add fuel to the fire, kick 'em while they are down, beat 'em to a pulp?
I think you may have some anger management issues you need to work on... your posts are starting to scare me

Quote:
Originally Posted by tutter99 View Post
OK gotta vent, Today is DS's first full day of kindergarten. He got accepted into a Museum Magnet program instead of our neighborhood school which was cool because our neighborhood school is on probation because about 65% of the kids are below standards for math and reading. The problem was that because it isn't the neighborhood school they do this express bus system where the parents bring the kids to a central location so the bus only makes 2 or 3 stops on the way to school. The letter they sent said to have him at the stop at 7:50 for an 8:00 pickup. The bus didn't show up until 8:55!
Ouch! Hopefully that was a one-time scheduling issue or something. Not cool. Congrats on DS getting into the magnet school
DIS Dads Club Member #115
4/08 - POP, 4/09 - CSR, 4/10 - CSR, 4/11 - BWV, 1/13, 4/13 & 12/13 - BCR

"If only Tinker Bell was related to the tooth fairy... where is my Disney magic??" - 2010 TR
"What's Your Problem?" Caught by loop and hook... (My first TR)
Old 09-01-2010, 11:10 AM   #1625
wasnotafan
DIS Dad #481
Unfortunately my smartphone is smatter than I am
All that fresh air over the years has done me good

Quote:
OK gotta vent, Today is DS's first full day of kindergarten. He got accepted into a Museum Magnet program instead of our neighborhood school which was cool because our neighborhood school is on probation because about 65% of the kids are below standards for math and reading.
Hope things improve. Happiness for DW and I is defined as Raleigh in the rear view mirror!
Sept/Oct 06 - POR Riverside Alligator Bayou
July 08 - POR Riverside Magnolia Bend
Old 09-01-2010, 11:50 AM   #1626
Captain_Oblivious
DIS Dad #257
Don't underestimate your audience. I'm sure there's a fart joke in here somewhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by trennr View Post
Tomorrow is Sept 1...so that means I'm 4 Days away...but technically only 3½ as we will be leaving on Friday around Noon and spending a night just off I-95 in Daytona.
Have a great time! Looks like you'll be eating very, very well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stopher1 View Post
That's just one of the bad reasons for going in September. We've been 4x in September in the past, and always were watching something. Thankfully they either moved elsewhere or never picked up enough steam to be more than just tropical storms. Hoping it all works out for you guys. You've been waiting for this one, I know.
Well, we know the risk. We figure free dining and little-to-no crowds are worth it. And at most, we'd probably lose a day from our vacation. Still, nobody wants to lose a day. Keeping our fingers crossed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stopher1 View Post
BTW guys .... 4. That's right just 4 more sleeps until my DD and I head out for our Daddy Daughter Adventure! at AKV.
Hope you guys have a great time!

Quote:
Well, we dropped DD5 off for her first day of Kindergarten today. She's about 4 inches taller than most of the kids in her class (she turns 6 in October), so DW is a little more at ease that she won't be pushed around too much. (She's also build like a middle linebacker, so that helps)
We spoke to her teacher at the open house last night and mentioned that she would be going to WDW for a week in early December. The teacher didn't have a problem - in fact, she asked if she could come too!
Gotta love cool teachers.
Old 09-01-2010, 11:55 AM   #1627
Captain_Oblivious
DIS Dad #257
Don't underestimate your audience. I'm sure there's a fart joke in here somewhere

Quote:

Surely you can't be serious!
Old 09-01-2010, 12:32 PM   #1628
ClearScreen
DIS Dad #461
An E-Ticket Attraction in my own mind

Quote:
Yeah. Waiting an hour for the school bus. Not cool. I almost hope it had mechanical or other problems as at least that would be some excuse. Did they ever say what it was?

First day of Kindergarten is supposed to be memorable, just not for this reason.

ClearScreen
ClearScreen (Chris) - DIS Dad Club Member #461 - Me(44), DW(45), DD(12), DS(9)

1976 - 2 trips stayed off-site. September, 2000 - Wilderness Lodge. August, 2010 - Contemporary. August, 2012 - Swan. August, 2014 - Coronado Springs

Have you ever heard of Plato, Aristotle, Socrates? Morons.
Old 09-01-2010, 12:46 PM   #1629
FreezinRafiki
DDC 322
Cold enough for ya?
Shocking, isn't it. Oh, wait, thats a taser

Quote:
Originally Posted by that's nice View Post
Quote:
I think you may have some anger management issues you need to work on... your posts are starting to scare me
What? I don't see a problem here.

Quote:
I'd suspect it was a whole bunch of helicopter parents at the previous stops making sure their precious little snowflakes got on the bus, sat down in a proper seat, wiped their noses for them, then lectured the bus driver for 15 minutes about proper right-of-way at 4 way stops and roundabouts.
If it happens again, we'll send Tim down there to "persuade" the bus driver to keep a little tighter schedule.
Old 09-01-2010, 01:01 PM   #1630
Captain_Oblivious
DIS Dad #257

Quote:
I'd suspect it was a whole bunch of helicopter parents at the previous stops making sure their precious little snowflakes got on the bus, sat down in a proper seat, wiped their noses for them, then lectured the bus driver for 15 minutes about proper right-of-way at 4 way stops and roundabouts.
If it happens again, we'll send Tim down there to "persuade" the bus driver to keep a little tighter schedule.

"Helicopter parents"...I hadn't heard that one before.
Old 09-01-2010, 01:01 PM   #1631
dadio
DIS Dad #501
glassblowing dad to 3!

Well just got off the phone with MS......got another trip planned and booked!!!!

This one is for 15 people...we are having my family, sisters family, my parents and grandma, and my MiL....we will be there june 12-18 2011........
be booked a GV @ SSR and a 1 bedroom....

AND we had some pts to burn or we'd loose them , so we figgured, what the heck and upgraded our ressies..we are now @ AK for 4 nites and 2 nites in a GV with 6 of us!!!! I think we will have a bit of room eh? At least we will get the lowdown on the GV's before the 'big' june trip with everyone...

gonna hafta update the list for me Don.
Old 09-01-2010, 01:07 PM   #1632
dvczerfs
DIS Veteran

welcome new dads!!! thanks everyone!!! ill talk to you guys sometime on friday!!!!
Old 09-01-2010, 01:28 PM   #1633
dadio
DIS Dad #501
glassblowing dad to 3!

good luck!
Old 09-01-2010, 05:11 PM   #1634
Whaler54
Earning My Ears

Thanks for all the welcomes!

Quote:
Welcome to the club! If my math is right, you're arriving the Saturday after Easter. I would think that the crowds would drop off pretty good about that time. But I've never been there in April before, so I'm really just making things up as I go. Good Luck!

Quote:
According to your ticker looks like you're heading at the end of April. That's when we normally go and have pretty good crowd levels. Check out my trip report for more details (link in my signature). HOWEVER... since Easter is late this year, I have a feeling there may be more spring breaks occurring late in April.
Arriving April 13. Easter is on April 24, I'm hoping most spring breaks are the week of April 17. We plan on hitting the parks 14, 15, 16 and relaxing the rest (maybe Universal or Sea World.)
Old 09-01-2010, 05:56 PM   #1635
that's nice
DDC #330

Maybe the entire internet is slowing down because of this thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whaler54 View Post
Thanks for all the welcomes!

Arriving April 13. Easter is on April 24, I'm hoping most spring breaks are the week of April 17. We plan on hitting the parks 14, 15, 16 and relaxing the rest (maybe Universal or Sea World.)
Welcome to the DD Thread!!!!!

Ok here is your plan:

Be at the parks before Rope Drop (something I can never do LOL)
Hit the headliners first... then after lunch head back to the resort for a little R&R.
Try to get an early dinner ADR.
Head back to the park after dinner.

I think the crowds will be heavy... but not as bad as if you were going the next week. Good Luck!! We expect a FULL trip report when you get back!
Closed Thread

Tags
club, dads, dis, man, men

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: