Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families > DIS Dads
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 08-31-2010, 07:47 PM   #1606
cj9200
DIS Dad #412
Double Dog Dare You to post a screaming like a little girl video

Dave,

Good luck to your wife during her procedure. Hang in there.

CJ
Old 08-31-2010, 07:59 PM   #1607
wasnotafan
DIS Dad #481
Unfortunately my smartphone is smatter than I am
All that fresh air over the years has done me good

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvczerfs View Post
THE GOOD OLD DAYS!!!! NOT BAD FOR A BUNCH OF OLD GEEZERS!!!http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pqFrE...eature=related
Love a good competition! My dad and uncle were in a corps sponsored by the local Vikings Lodge back before I was around. Wish I could have seen them in action.
Sept/Oct 06 - POR Riverside Alligator Bayou
July 08 - POR Riverside Magnolia Bend
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-31-2010, 08:51 PM   #1608
trennr
DISDad #104
Oh, thee of little faith
Nate....

Tomorrow is Sept 1...so that means I'm 4 Days away...but technically only 3 as we will be leaving on Friday around Noon and spending a night just off I-95 in Daytona.

September:
Buffman => 2-7 - OKW
trennr => 4-12 - CSR - (Nate's)
stopher1 => 5-8 - AKV
doggydoc => 9-17 - CSR

Well from the front page I see several potental Dad Meets...

I have one set for both stopher and doggydoc...nothing firm...but semi planned.

So anyone else going here's my agenda...

Sept 3 (Fri)
Drive from TN to Daytona.

Sept 4 (Sat...Happy B-Day to ME!!!)
Few Stops in Daytona...the Checkin at the CSR!!!
Then on to HS for some ToT, RnR, TSM...and Dinner @ Sci-Fi.

Sept 5 (Sun)
MK
Breakfast at the Crystal Palace.
EMH til 1AM????

Sept 6 (Mon)
Resorts and DTD...
MK at night for Dinner a Cinderella's Royal Table.

Sept 7 (Tue)
EPCOT
EMH early???
Meet stopher
Visit Base21
Eat at Garden Grill

Sept 8 (Wed)
AK
EMH til 8pm???

Sept 9 (Thu)
MK
Dinner Liberty Tavern

Sept 10 (Fri)
Epcot
Dinner at Coral Reef

Sept 11 (Sat)
Resort day more DTD
Meet doggydoc
BOMA!!!
Old 08-31-2010, 08:55 PM   #1609
trennr
DISDad #104
Oh, thee of little faith
Nate....

Dave...prayers for you and wife.

Fed...just a little closer...prayers for friend family with losses and illness.

Welcome new dads.

Man these pages add up when you are actually working.
Old 08-31-2010, 09:30 PM   #1610
Whaler54
Earning My Ears

Newbie here! I have three kids (DD7, DS3 and DD1). We're about 242 days from our next trip (hoping the crowds aren't too bad in April - heard mixed things about that) staying at SSR.

We live in Western MA so hopefully don't have to worry too much about Earl, Fiona, etc.
Old 08-31-2010, 10:08 PM   #1611
tutter99
DIS Veteran

Quote:
good luck to all the coastal people the next few days!!!
Yeah, if these things miss that right hand turn before the coast Emma's Dad and/or I might be in for a wild week. The the bread and water hoarding begin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by trennr View Post
Tomorrow is Sept 1...so that means I'm 4 Days away...but technically only 3 as we will be leaving on Friday around Noon and spending a night just off I-95 in Daytona.
Enjoy yourself! Don't worry, the corn will still be waiting when you get back.

Proud to be DisDad #356
Old 08-31-2010, 10:40 PM   #1612
Disney Commando
DDC
Disney Fans Are Friends
now I have some things to plan, I'm going to try to get the Dapper Dans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whaler54 View Post
Newbie here! I have three kids (DD7, DS3 and DD1). We're about 242 days from our next trip (hoping the crowds aren't too bad in April - heard mixed things about that) staying at SSR.

We live in Western MA so hopefully don't have to worry too much about Earl, Fiona, etc.
To The Dis Dads Emma's Dad will be around to give you your official member #
1976 Contemp, 82 Contemp, 86 Contemp, 8/03 Honeymoon Off Site, 7/05 Off Site. 11/08 Off Site, Halloween till 11/08/09 ASM w/ Free DDP, Dis Dads Dec. Trip 12/5 - 12/11, 2010 8/11 ASM, 8/12 Off Site, 11/12 ASM, 8/13 ASM, 4/14 POP, 6/14 AKL

Dis Dad Member #393
WDW Commando Member #1
Old 09-01-2010, 12:17 AM   #1613
DisneyFed
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt. Barbosa View Post
DisneyFed POTUS says you can go home now. Seriously, Thank you for your service.

Too bad most of us over here were asleep during the speech (it was 0300 our time), I would love to have heard what he had to say....

Almost over...12 days until my "Hilton Vacation", 17 days to home....

Trennr...

Have fun, lemme' know what you think about the Dames Point Bridge...you can see Naval Station Mayport to your left, City of Jacksonville to your right---and possibly our cruise ship--also to your right...

Welcome new Dads!!!!

"If it's one thing that I've learned from all this living, is that it wouldn't change a thing if I let go"

"I'll make a wish and do as dreamers do"
Old 09-01-2010, 06:20 AM   #1614
stopher1

Wall to wall creeps, and hot and cold running chills! Shh...listen
I have plenty of hill left to climb thank you very much

Location: Indiana + AKV, SSR, VGC & Aulani (wishing to be able to ADD VWL to the mix too)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Oblivious View Post
Still watching the forecasts. Actually I'm more concerned about the assembly line of hurricanes that seems to be forming in the Atlantic. This could play havoc with our trip coming up in 18 days!
That's just one of the bad reasons for going in September. We've been 4x in September in the past, and always were watching something. Thankfully they either moved elsewhere or never picked up enough steam to be more than just tropical storms. Hoping it all works out for you guys. You've been waiting for this one, I know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cemeb4dk View Post
Hello Fellow dads.

I just cam across this thread, and love the idea, I did not go thru all 100+ pages, but I am a dad and love Disney.

We live just outside of Chicago and my wife and I have a 4 1/2 year old daughter. Our next trip is Oct 24-Nov5. We are driving down, have grown to love the drive down. We are staying the first night at pop (arrival night from straight thru drive. Then moving over to Bay Lake Tower for 3 nights then to the Beach Club for the final 7 nights. This will be my daughters 8th trip, yep 8th and shes not 5 yet. My wife and I honeymooned at Disney and bought into the vacation CLub on our Honeymoon, we own at the beachclub. I do all the planning for our trips, from reserving, to ADR's to which days what park. My wife just sits back and enjoys the ride. She always says if I die she will have no idea on how to plan a trip.

So either way just wanted to pop in and say I love the thread idea, as it seems on most threads its the women planning and conversing on the boards.
WELCOME!! Glad you found us. Each new thread has sure helped guys see that it's not just the females that are into Disney and planning and such - as well as just chatting and having a great time talking about anything else that comes to mind. Five threads - nearly 1200 pages combined sure attests to that!

We honeymooned at WDW too. Stayed at the Grand Flo. I so wanted to join DVC back then, but it took a long time until we could. But oh we are so enjoying it now.

BTW guys .... 4. That's right just 4 more sleeps until my DD and I head out for our Daddy Daughter Adventure! at AKV.

DISNEYLAND: Way too many to possibly count! I grew up 30 mins. from DL. Former CM. AP holder for 20 yrs. Premier Pass AP. All 3 DL Resorts and numerous off-site hotels.
WDW: 58 trips on & off-site, including DVC, Deluxe, Moderate & Value - in 18 different WDW resorts & numerous off-site resorts. AP holder for 5 yrs. Premier Pass AP holder.
AULANI: 1 so far. More to come though, & definitely looking forward to returning!
Old 09-01-2010, 06:22 AM   #1615
stopher1

Wall to wall creeps, and hot and cold running chills! Shh...listen
I have plenty of hill left to climb thank you very much

Location: Indiana + AKV, SSR, VGC & Aulani (wishing to be able to ADD VWL to the mix too)

Quote:
Originally Posted by whaler54 View Post
newbie here! I have three kids (dd7, ds3 and dd1). We're about 242 days from our next trip (hoping the crowds aren't too bad in april - heard mixed things about that) staying at ssr.

We live in western ma so hopefully don't have to worry too much about earl, fiona, etc.
Welcome!!

DISNEYLAND: Way too many to possibly count! I grew up 30 mins. from DL. Former CM. AP holder for 20 yrs. Premier Pass AP. All 3 DL Resorts and numerous off-site hotels.
WDW: 58 trips on & off-site, including DVC, Deluxe, Moderate & Value - in 18 different WDW resorts & numerous off-site resorts. AP holder for 5 yrs. Premier Pass AP holder.
AULANI: 1 so far. More to come though, & definitely looking forward to returning!
Old 09-01-2010, 08:29 AM   #1616
Coach81
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Welcome, Sir!!!

Quote:

September:
Buffman => 2-7 - OKW
trennr => 4-12 - CSR - (Nate's)
stopher1 => 5-8 - AKV
doggydoc => 9-17 - CSR

Well from the front page I see several potental Dad Meets...

I have one set for both stopher and doggydoc...nothing firm...but semi planned.

So anyone else going here's my agenda...

Sept 3 (Fri)
Drive from TN to Daytona.

Sept 4 (Sat...Happy B-Day to ME!!!)
Few Stops in Daytona...the Checkin at the CSR!!!
Then on to HS for some ToT, RnR, TSM...and Dinner @ Sci-Fi.

Sept 5 (Sun)
MK
Breakfast at the Crystal Palace.
EMH til 1AM????

Sept 6 (Mon)
Resorts and DTD...
MK at night for Dinner a Cinderella's Royal Table.

Sept 7 (Tue)
EPCOT
EMH early???
Meet stopher
Visit Base21
Eat at Garden Grill

Sept 8 (Wed)
AK
EMH til 8pm???

Sept 9 (Thu)
MK
Dinner Liberty Tavern

Sept 10 (Fri)
Epcot
Dinner at Coral Reef

Sept 11 (Sat)
Resort day more DTD
Meet doggydoc
BOMA!!!
Man.. this looks like a GREAT TIME!!!!
Next Trip- Super Summer Trip w Trahans @ SSR Treehouse Villas!!! Last Trip-Mardi Gras '14 VWL, May '13 SSR Grand Villa!!! May '12 AKV 5/11 UF (HRH) 3/11 BLT, 5/10 THV,3/10 UF (RPR), 12/9 BCV, 5/9 BWV, 2/9 SSR, 5/8 AKV, 2/8 OKW Joined DVC Spring '07

Old 09-01-2010, 09:19 AM   #1617
dadio
DIS Dad #501
glassblowing dad to 3!

trenner...
I'll miss you by a day!

doggydoc...I'm there the 12 thru the 18th..AKL & SSR...

I posted this in the DVC section, but thought I'd ask here.....anyone have a copy of the mousesavers newsletter for aug.......I guess rules are you cannot ask for the UT link, but sharing the newsletter is ok.....
I know I signed up for it @ the end of july, but nothing in the email on 8/15

trying to get everything lined up, and the days are running out

thanks guys!
***got the newsletter**** not real great savings vs UT direct...maybe $1-2 per 6 or 7 day ticket!

so far heres our itinerary....
arr. 9/12 dme to AKL, then DTD for the afternoon/evening , will probably see La Nubia that night(saw it in feb and we loved it!)

9/13 Epcot
1p res @ Morroccan
8:20p res @ Coral reef

9/14 AK
4:45p res Yaki Yeti

9/15 DHS
6p res 50's diner

9/16 Universal...Potter!

9/17 MK

now I know we are missing out on some of the emh....and I do not think we will be @ MK on 9/14 for the halloween party...AND I still gottta get in two more TS ressies

but what can ya say this was throw together with like 2 week to go!

Last edited by dadio; 09-01-2010 at 09:33 AM.
Old 09-01-2010, 09:26 AM   #1618
FreezinRafiki
DDC 322
Cold enough for ya?
Shocking, isn't it. Oh, wait, thats a taser

Quote:
Have a great trip and a Happy Birthday!

Quote:

Welcome to the club! If my math is right, you're arriving the Saturday after Easter. I would think that the crowds would drop off pretty good about that time. But I've never been there in April before, so I'm really just making things up as I go. Good Luck!

=========
Well, we dropped DD5 off for her first day of Kindergarten today. She's about 4 inches taller than most of the kids in her class (she turns 6 in October), so DW is a little more at ease that she won't be pushed around too much. (She's also build like a middle linebacker, so that helps)
We spoke to her teacher at the open house last night and mentioned that she would be going to WDW for a week in early December. The teacher didn't have a problem - in fact, she asked if she could come too!
Old 09-01-2010, 10:15 AM   #1619
prattpak
DIS Dad #479
Big tiki add those of us that have given our names on here

Quote:
Originally Posted by stopher1 View Post

BTW guys .... 4. That's right just 4 more sleeps until my DD and I head out for our Daddy Daughter Adventure! at AKV.
That will be an amzing trip. Very jealous wich I could shake the other kids and wife to do a Daddy/ Daughter trip. Would be awesome. Have fun with that lil one. IM IN DOUBLE DIGITS NOW!! 99 DAYS!!
Member #479 DIS Dads
Me (Mark), DW (Wendy), DS (Christian), DD (Libby), DS (Robin) Sweet NEW logo
She deserves a cruise, right?

Last edited by prattpak; 09-01-2010 at 10:31 AM. Reason: added
Old 09-01-2010, 10:15 AM   #1620
Emma's Dad
DIS Dad's Club Member
SOMEONE thinks I know SOMETHING!
Get your zombie ammunition NOW!

Quote:
Originally Posted by prattpak View Post
CRUD Rafiki you would think after a year of HTML and advanced HTML I would of caught such a silly mistake! Thanks. Ill go put my special helmet back on and sit back in the corner.
LOL! Well... for your defense this is actually BB Code and not HTML!

Quote:
Originally Posted by prattpak View Post
My wife works for FEMA so she might be joining you out there to ride it out. Best of luck!
I have a feeling she is going to be busy in the next couple of days! Thanks for the luck... looks like we are going to need some.

Quote:
you should see me with the postage machine at work!! when the girls see me heading for it, they start running to me,"dave, ill do that for you." "are you going to be using the fax machine while im up?" they know if it dont work the first time, there isnt one button i dont push.
I can totally see you doing this!

Quote:
good luck to all the coastal people the next few days!!!
Thanks! I hope Earl decides to turn right a little more!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tutter99 View Post
Yeah, if these things miss that right hand turn before the coast Emma's Dad and/or I might be in for a wild week. The the bread and water hoarding begin!
Exactly. DW called me to say the water is going quickly off the shelves. Wonder when the gas will be gone?

Quote:

According to your ticker looks like you're heading at the end of April. That's when we normally go and have pretty good crowd levels. Check out my trip report for more details (link in my signature). HOWEVER... since Easter is late this year, I have a feeling there may be more spring breaks occurring late in April.
DIS Dads Club Member #115
4/08 - POP, 4/09 - CSR, 4/10 - CSR, 4/11 - BWV, 1/13, 4/13 & 12/13 - BCR

"If only Tinker Bell was related to the tooth fairy... where is my Disney magic??" - 2010 TR
"What's Your Problem?" Caught by loop and hook... (My first TR)
Closed Thread

Tags
club, dads, dis, man, men

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: