Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families > DIS Dads
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 08-31-2010, 02:59 PM   #1591
that's nice
DDC #330

Maybe the entire internet is slowing down because of this thread

Dave-
Good luck to you and your wife on her appointment.

(i forgot to write it in my responses from earlier)
Old 08-31-2010, 03:21 PM   #1592
prattpak
DIS Dad #479
Big tiki add those of us that have given our names on here

test
Member #479 DIS Dads
Me (Mark), DW (Wendy), DS (Christian), DD (Libby), DS (Robin) Sweet NEW logo
She deserves a cruise, right?
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-31-2010, 03:24 PM   #1593
prattpak
DIS Dad #479

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreezinRafiki View Post
It looks like you have it right, you just need to put [IMG] in front and [/IMG] behind the link you have.
CRUD Rafiki you would think after a year of HTML and advanced HTML I would of caught such a silly mistake! Thanks. Ill go put my special helmet back on and sit back in the corner.
Member #479 DIS Dads
Old 08-31-2010, 03:25 PM   #1594
prattpak
DIS Dad #479

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emma's Dad View Post
Barry - Great pictures! And sounds like you guys had a good time

Dave - Hope the treatment goes well on Thursday!

Fed - Hearing news about children like that breaks me up. DD is getting a extra big hug from me tonight. I thank God we've been a very healthy family.

Great news on not extending! Maybe you'll be able to get that sand out of yer britches in a few weeks!

Sooooooo... looks like it's going to be a boy hurricane that gets us this week. Earl is going to mess up my Labor Day plans... I just know it! Already got the generator out and gassed up. But if he is going to be more than a cat 1 and is heading our way, I'm outta here. We stayed put when Isabel came through as a tropical storm and that was enough for me. Hope you other East coast dads are preparing!
My wife works for FEMA so she might be joining you out there to ride it out. Best of luck!
Member #479 DIS Dads
Old 08-31-2010, 03:29 PM   #1595
prattpak
DIS Dad #479

Quote:
Originally Posted by cemeb4dk View Post
Hello Fellow dads.

I just cam across this thread, and love the idea, I did not go thru all 100+ pages, but I am a dad and love Disney.

We live just outside of Chicago and my wife and I have a 4 1/2 year old daughter. Our next trip is Oct 24-Nov5. We are driving down, have grown to love the drive down. We are staying the first night at pop (arrival night from straight thru drive. Then moving over to Bay Lake Tower for 3 nights then to the Beach Club for the final 7 nights. This will be my daughters 8th trip, yep 8th and shes not 5 yet. My wife and I honeymooned at Disney and bought into the vacation CLub on our Honeymoon, we own at the beachclub. I do all the planning for our trips, from reserving, to ADR's to which days what park. My wife just sits back and enjoys the ride. She always says if I die she will have no idea on how to plan a trip.

So either way just wanted to pop in and say I love the thread idea, as it seems on most threads its the women planning and conversing on the boards.
WELCOME FELLOW DIS DAD!!! Now go back and catch up on some reading!! This is the best thread on this site for sure. These guys have huge brains and have to have thier Mickey Ears custom made. Very knowledgable group here. Welcome again!
Member #479 DIS Dads
Old 08-31-2010, 03:34 PM   #1596
prattpak
DIS Dad #479

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Oblivious View Post
Welcome new dads!

Still watching the forecasts. Actually I'm more concerned about the assembly line of hurricanes that seems to be forming in the Atlantic. This could play havoc with our trip coming up in 18 days!
The people that choose the names of the hurricanes are trying to level Orlando. What's after Earl? Fiona (Disney), Gaston (Disney) and Hermine (Universal)!!! Conspiracy...I THINK SO!!!!
Member #479 DIS Dads
Old 08-31-2010, 03:49 PM   #1597
middlepat
Dis Dad Member #325

Quote:
Hello Fellow dads.

I just cam across this thread, and love the idea, I did not go thru all 100+ pages, but I am a dad and love Disney.

We live just outside of Chicago and my wife and I have a 4 1/2 year old daughter. Our next trip is Oct 24-Nov5. We are driving down, have grown to love the drive down. We are staying the first night at pop (arrival night from straight thru drive. Then moving over to Bay Lake Tower for 3 nights then to the Beach Club for the final 7 nights. This will be my daughters 8th trip, yep 8th and shes not 5 yet. My wife and I honeymooned at Disney and bought into the vacation CLub on our Honeymoon, we own at the beachclub. I do all the planning for our trips, from reserving, to ADR's to which days what park. My wife just sits back and enjoys the ride. She always says if I die she will have no idea on how to plan a trip.

So either way just wanted to pop in and say I love the thread idea, as it seems on most threads its the women planning and conversing on the boards.
Cool, another Chi-town suburbanite. Welcome to the club.

Quote:
Welcome!
Do you take 57 or 65 when you drive? We've driven twice from South East Wisconsin and have taken 65 both times. We're also straight through drivers. Can't stand the idea of paying $100 for a bed we'll be in for 7 hours.
Quote:
Thanks for the welcomes. We have taken both ways, but I prefer 65 over 57, Illinois is just boring to drive thru. We usually leave about 2pm, this time leaving at midnight, stopping at ruby falls on way down.
We drove down last year and took 57 down and 65 back. Definitely agree, 57 is off the list in the future as that first 6 hours of Illinois was a damper on the trip.

We still like to stop for the night (although I max out at $75 for the bed) as I am typically the only driver. Not that DW doesn't drive, but we both feel that she's a better passenger and I'm a twit.

Me (41) DW (29+) DD (11) DD (10) DD (6)
Nov 01 ASMo, Sept 05 WL, Jan 07 POFQ, Nov 09 Poly May 13 Off-Site (Windsor Hills)
Old 08-31-2010, 04:04 PM   #1598
cemeb4dk
Mouseketeer

Middlepat.

Thanks for the welcomes, we are in North Aurora. Plus the quicker I get out of Illinois the faster I feel like I am on vacation. Although the whole borman Indiana border stuff is horrible if you hit it wrong. I too am the only driver as my wife is just afraid she would miss a turn or what not, plus I can't relax well when she is driving, I'm afraid she will fall asleep. So with a couple of Monster Energy's I am usually good to go. We are leaving a day early so if I do have to stop we have the time. Usually we are on the go to get there, but I scheduled this trip to be a little more care free, a real change for my usual commando style.
Old 08-31-2010, 04:55 PM   #1599
FreezinRafiki
DDC 322
Cold enough for ya?
Shocking, isn't it. Oh, wait, thats a taser

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvczerfs View Post
i have no clue what im doing myself, i just start pushing buttons.
Just like Homer Simpson!

Quote:
Originally Posted by prattpak View Post
CRUD Rafiki you would think after a year of HTML and advanced HTML I would of caught such a silly mistake! Thanks. Ill go put my special helmet back on and sit back in the corner.
Nice Job. If you want a quick tutorial on multi-quoting, check it out here http://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...postcount=3429

Quote:
Originally Posted by middlepat View Post
Not that DW doesn't drive, but we both feel that she's a better passenger and I'm a twit.
Hmmm...I agree with both of you.
Old 08-31-2010, 05:02 PM   #1600
dvczerfs
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Just like Homer Simpson!

Nice Job. If you want a quick tutorial on multi-quoting, check it out here http://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...postcount=3429

Hmmm...I agree with both of you.
you should see me with the postage machine at work!! when the girls see me heading for it, they start running to me,"dave, ill do that for you." "are you going to be using the fax machine while im up?" they know if it dont work the first time, there isnt one button i dont push.

PROUD DAD OF A DISNEY COLLEGE PROGRAM DAUGHTER!!! FALL ADVANTAGE 2013 MK-ODF ALUMNI !!!!!
2000+ MILE ROUND TRIP DRIVING THREAD.. DOUBLE DIAMOND DRIVER!

Old 08-31-2010, 05:05 PM   #1601
dvczerfs
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by prattpak View Post
i see a ticker!!!! any computer questions, ask barry or don or just about anyone else. not that i dont want to help, i just dont know how.

PROUD DAD OF A DISNEY COLLEGE PROGRAM DAUGHTER!!! FALL ADVANTAGE 2013 MK-ODF ALUMNI !!!!!

Old 08-31-2010, 05:05 PM   #1602
dvczerfs
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by that's nice View Post
Dave-
Good luck to you and your wife on her appointment.

(i forgot to write it in my responses from earlier)

Old 08-31-2010, 05:07 PM   #1603
dvczerfs
DIS Veteran

good luck to all the coastal people the next few days!!!

Old 08-31-2010, 06:05 PM   #1604
dvczerfs
DIS Veteran

THE GOOD OLD DAYS!!!! NOT BAD FOR A BUNCH OF OLD GEEZERS!!!http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pqFrE...eature=related

Old 08-31-2010, 07:16 PM   #1605
Capt. Barbosa
DIS Veteran

DisneyFed POTUS says you can go home now. Seriously, Thank you for your service.

First of all,returning you to shore was never part of our agreement. Second, you are not a pirate, so the Pirate's Code does not apply. And third, the Pirate's Code is more of a set of what you'd call 'guidelines' than actual rules. Welcome aboard the Black Pearl.
Closed Thread

Tags
club, dads, dis, man, men

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: