Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families > DIS Dads
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 08-31-2010, 09:50 AM   #1576
FreezinRafiki
DDC 322
Cold enough for ya?
Shocking, isn't it. Oh, wait, thats a taser

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvczerfs View Post
nice pics barry!!! you'll have to give me the address of that restu., i can feel my chol. going to 400!!!!!
984 Barret Avenue
Louisville, KY

Tell your doc to take his cholesterol test and stick it up his a** - you've got food to eat, man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadio View Post
Barry sounds like quite an adventure!...what exactly was on that plate? Looked like eggs,bacon and about 2 lbs of cheese
No eggs, but sourdough bread, turkey, tomato, montery jack and cheddar cheeses and a mornay sauce - which is mostly made from cheese.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dadio View Post
we will be staying 3 days @AKL..Kidani savannah view, and 3 days @ ssr!
2 very different resorts, but you'll love them both.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyFed View Post
On a far more Somber note...it's a tough day for a couple of buddies who are parents..

Think of them, if you can...and thanks, sorry I know I rarely "go there"...
Being a parent is by far the hardest job in the world - especially when you're half a world away.

Quote:
I am NOT being extended...and I am NOT being replaced...

Quote:
Originally Posted by prattpak View Post
Where do I go to set up a ticker. I set mine up but it shows as text on the bottom and not the ticker. Showing as a jpg file. Stupid ticker!
It looks like you have it right, you just need to put [IMG] in front and [/IMG] behind the link you have.
Old 08-31-2010, 09:57 AM   #1577
Emma's Dad
DIS Dad's Club Member
SOMEONE thinks I know SOMETHING!
Get your zombie ammunition NOW!

Barry - Great pictures! And sounds like you guys had a good time

Dave - Hope the treatment goes well on Thursday!

Fed - Hearing news about children like that breaks me up. DD is getting a extra big hug from me tonight. I thank God we've been a very healthy family.

Great news on not extending! Maybe you'll be able to get that sand out of yer britches in a few weeks!

Sooooooo... looks like it's going to be a boy hurricane that gets us this week. Earl is going to mess up my Labor Day plans... I just know it! Already got the generator out and gassed up. But if he is going to be more than a cat 1 and is heading our way, I'm outta here. We stayed put when Isabel came through as a tropical storm and that was enough for me. Hope you other East coast dads are preparing!
DIS Dads Club Member #115
4/08 - POP, 4/09 - CSR, 4/10 - CSR, 4/11 - BWV, 1/13, 4/13 & 12/13 - BCR

"If only Tinker Bell was related to the tooth fairy... where is my Disney magic??" - 2010 TR
"What's Your Problem?" Caught by loop and hook... (My first TR)
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-31-2010, 09:57 AM   #1578
cemeb4dk
Mouseketeer

Hello Fellow dads.

I just cam across this thread, and love the idea, I did not go thru all 100+ pages, but I am a dad and love Disney.

We live just outside of Chicago and my wife and I have a 4 1/2 year old daughter. Our next trip is Oct 24-Nov5. We are driving down, have grown to love the drive down. We are staying the first night at pop (arrival night from straight thru drive. Then moving over to Bay Lake Tower for 3 nights then to the Beach Club for the final 7 nights. This will be my daughters 8th trip, yep 8th and shes not 5 yet. My wife and I honeymooned at Disney and bought into the vacation CLub on our Honeymoon, we own at the beachclub. I do all the planning for our trips, from reserving, to ADR's to which days what park. My wife just sits back and enjoys the ride. She always says if I die she will have no idea on how to plan a trip.

So either way just wanted to pop in and say I love the thread idea, as it seems on most threads its the women planning and conversing on the boards.
Old 08-31-2010, 10:04 AM   #1579
Emma's Dad
DIS Dad's Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cemeb4dk View Post
Hello Fellow dads.

I just cam across this thread, and love the idea, I did not go thru all 100+ pages, but I am a dad and love Disney.

We live just outside of Chicago and my wife and I have a 4 1/2 year old daughter. Our next trip is Oct 24-Nov5. We are driving down, have grown to love the drive down. We are staying the first night at pop (arrival night from straight thru drive. Then moving over to Bay Lake Tower for 3 nights then to the Beach Club for the final 7 nights. This will be my daughters 8th trip, yep 8th and shes not 5 yet. My wife and I honeymooned at Disney and bought into the vacation CLub on our Honeymoon, we own at the beachclub. I do all the planning for our trips, from reserving, to ADR's to which days what park. My wife just sits back and enjoys the ride. She always says if I die she will have no idea on how to plan a trip.

So either way just wanted to pop in and say I love the thread idea, as it seems on most threads its the women planning and conversing on the boards.
Oh yeah.... you'll fit in quite nicely around here! Welcome! You are member # 514!

WELCOME TO THE DIS DAD'S CLUB!

You have been added to the DIS Dad's Club list

"If only Tinker Bell was related to the tooth fairy... where is my Disney magic??" - 2010 TR
Old 08-31-2010, 10:11 AM   #1580
FreezinRafiki
DDC 322
Cold enough for ya?

Quote:
Hello Fellow dads.

Welcome!
Do you take 57 or 65 when you drive? We've driven twice from South East Wisconsin and have taken 65 both times. We're also straight through drivers. Can't stand the idea of paying $100 for a bed we'll be in for 7 hours.
Old 08-31-2010, 10:18 AM   #1581
Captain_Oblivious
DIS Dad #257
Don't underestimate your audience. I'm sure there's a fart joke in here somewhere

Welcome new dads!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emma's Dad View Post
Sooooooo... looks like it's going to be a boy hurricane that gets us this week. Earl is going to mess up my Labor Day plans... I just know it! Already got the generator out and gassed up. But if he is going to be more than a cat 1 and is heading our way, I'm outta here. We stayed put when Isabel came through as a tropical storm and that was enough for me. Hope you other East coast dads are preparing!
Still watching the forecasts. Actually I'm more concerned about the assembly line of hurricanes that seems to be forming in the Atlantic. This could play havoc with our trip coming up in 18 days!
Old 08-31-2010, 11:06 AM   #1582
Emma's Dad
DIS Dad's Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Oblivious View Post
Welcome new dads!

Still watching the forecasts. Actually I'm more concerned about the assembly line of hurricanes that seems to be forming in the Atlantic. This could play havoc with our trip coming up in 18 days!
No kidding. I feel bad for all those cruisers who were looking forward to an Eastern Caribbean cruise. I hear they are already changing itineraries to head to Western Caribbean this week.

Old 08-31-2010, 11:34 AM   #1583
cemeb4dk
Mouseketeer

Thanks for the welcomes. We have taken both ways, but I prefer 65 over 57, Illinois is just boring to drive thru. We usually leave about 2pm, this time leaving at midnight, stopping at ruby falls on way down.
Old 08-31-2010, 11:39 AM   #1584
Explodo
There's Something About Mary (Poppins)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emma's Dad View Post
No kidding. I feel bad for all those cruisers who were looking forward to an Eastern Caribbean cruise. I hear they are already changing itineraries to head to Western Caribbean this week.
Don't worry Brothers...I can feel the disney magic pushing the said assembly line of storms out to sea...At least all of us who are playing tropical roulette have a chance of winning at the World. Cruisers on the other hand are in a for a bumpy ride.
Old 08-31-2010, 11:47 AM   #1585
KTME
DIS Dad

Dave - Good luck to your wife on Thursday!

Fed - Getting closer. Sorry to hear about your friends daughter. Hopefully your other friends son responds well to the treatment.

Old 08-31-2010, 12:07 PM   #1586
tutter99
DIS Veteran

Quote:
On a far more Somber note...it's a tough day for a couple of buddies who are parents..

I tell you...it's hard to be away from my family now, I just want to grab them and hold them close...

Think of them, if you can...and thanks, sorry I know I rarely "go there"...

I will resume normal programming shortly...

(My main defense mechanism for my line of work is "smiling"....just the way I'm wired I guess)
Thoughts and prayers going out for both families, as well as you and yours.

Quote:
To lighten the mood somewhat:

I am NOT being extended...and I am NOT being replaced...

I continue my streak of deployments and NO replacement..

My boss in the states sent me a picture of my going away plaque...it has the grim reaper on it.

Is there a bass impaled on the sythe?

Proud to be DisDad #356
Old 08-31-2010, 12:13 PM   #1587
FreezinRafiki
DDC 322
Cold enough for ya?

Quote:
Thanks for the welcomes. We have taken both ways, but I prefer 65 over 57, Illinois is just boring to drive thru. We usually leave about 2pm, this time leaving at midnight, stopping at ruby falls on way down.
Oh, Ruby Falls looks neat. We might be driving down again next summer - I'll have to add that to our itinerary.
Old 08-31-2010, 02:31 PM   #1588
dvczerfs
DIS Veteran

thanks everyone!!!! dw is in good spirits and just wants to get it over with. we will be at the 9th street hosp. were she had her orig. sur. and its next to wills so shes happy about that. she will be having an mri at 7am, cat scan next than they are going to knock her alittle to set up her halo and give her the treatment. she cant eat or drink anything till after the treatment. i hope they give her enough happy juice, old grizzlie starts to growl when she hasnt eatin or drink anything for 18 hours.

PROUD DAD OF A DISNEY COLLEGE PROGRAM DAUGHTER!!! FALL ADVANTAGE 2013 MK-ODF ALUMNI !!!!!
2000+ MILE ROUND TRIP DRIVING THREAD.. DOUBLE DIAMOND DRIVER!

Old 08-31-2010, 02:38 PM   #1589
dvczerfs
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by prattpak View Post
Where do I go to set up a ticker. I set mine up but it shows as text on the bottom and not the ticker. Showing as a jpg file. Stupid ticker!
you have your ticker, you just copied the wrong "set of numbers." theres the url and like 2 others. copy and paste one of the others and it will show up.i forget which one it is off hand and it usualy takes be 10 times to get it to show up. you can do it, i have no clue what im doing myself, i just start pushing buttons.

PROUD DAD OF A DISNEY COLLEGE PROGRAM DAUGHTER!!! FALL ADVANTAGE 2013 MK-ODF ALUMNI !!!!!

Old 08-31-2010, 02:40 PM   #1590
dvczerfs
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreezinRafiki View Post
984 Barret Avenue
Louisville, KY

Tell your doc to take his cholesterol test and stick it up his a** - you've got food to eat, man!

No eggs, but sourdough bread, turkey, tomato, montery jack and cheddar cheeses and a mornay sauce - which is mostly made from cheese.

2 very different resorts, but you'll love them both.

Being a parent is by far the hardest job in the world - especially when you're half a world away.

It looks like you have it right, you just need to put [IMG] in front and [/IMG] behind the link you have.
thanks barry, if i ever get to ky, ill have to stop. man that look good!!!

Closed Thread

Tags
club, dads, dis, man, men

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: