Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families > DIS Dads
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 08-30-2010, 03:23 AM   #1516
DisneyDaddy-O
Dis Dads Club Member #286
I'm sure those driving beside me thought I was nuts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyFed View Post

**Grumble, Grumble, Snarl***

3 am sure came fast......

Oct 97 CBR Disney Honeymoon, Jan 06 AS Sports First Family Vacation, Jan 07 POR Jan 08 POP, Jan 09 POR, Jan 10 POR, AUG 10 POP, JAN 11 POR, AUG 11 POP,
AUG 12 ASM,CSR,SSR,POR(yep all 4),OCT 13 POR First Halloween Party and Food & Wine
,OCT 14 POR
Old 08-30-2010, 04:37 AM   #1517
DisneyFed
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyDaddy-O View Post

Not when you're 7 hours ahead of everyone it doesn't....lol

"If it's one thing that I've learned from all this living, is that it wouldn't change a thing if I let go"

"I'll make a wish and do as dreamers do"
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-30-2010, 08:34 AM   #1518
Coach81
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJRitz View Post
Hey Dads. First, I have to say CRUD.

That said, I'm having an issue with the DISDads.com site that I wanted to mention over here. I'm getting hit with a FLOOD of spammer wanna-bes adding themselves as site Users. At first, they were easy to spot, because they were using Russian Email addresses. But I've caught several recently using regular ol' gmail addresses. So I'm going to have to start imposing a new rule. I'm mentioning this here so as to hopefully avoid offending anyone. But starting next week, if your User name at DISDads.com doesn't match a name on the DIS Dads Club list, I will presume it's a spammer and delete the User at DISDads.com

I wish there were a good way to automate this. It's really becoming a PITA to go through and find the spammer name on the User list and delete the account.
Down with spammers!!!!
Next Trip- Super Summer Trip w Trahans @ SSR Treehouse Villas!!! Last Trip-Mardi Gras '14 VWL, May '13 SSR Grand Villa!!! May '12 AKV 5/11 UF (HRH) 3/11 BLT, 5/10 THV,3/10 UF (RPR), 12/9 BCV, 5/9 BWV, 2/9 SSR, 5/8 AKV, 2/8 OKW Joined DVC Spring '07

Old 08-30-2010, 08:51 AM   #1519
stopher1

Wall to wall creeps, and hot and cold running chills! Shh...listen
I have plenty of hill left to climb thank you very much

Location: Indiana + AKV, SSR, VGC & Aulani (wishing to be able to ADD VWL to the mix too)

Hey guys.

We all pretty much know what a great job Disney can do with theming, and recently, well not that long ago anyway, on Tim's TR (at least I'm thinking it was Tim's... I read so many different things perhaps it was someone else's, but I think it was Tim's) there were some great pics of the newish Pirate themed rooms at Caribbean Beach... but check out the info on the Disney blog for the new Big Thunder Suite at the Disneyland Hotel. The Hotel is currently in a multi-year total renovation. Each tower is being stripped down and gutted, and then rebuilt. So far one of the three has been completed. They recently started on the 2nd one, and the third will be started later this year or early next. Each tower is getting a complete theming to match various lands at the neighboring Disneyland. Adventure, Frontier and Fantasy.

Additionally, the pool complex will be gutted and redone, with a new Monorail themed pool, with tube slides that are shaped like the famous OBA! It should prove to be quite a fun and immersive water complex once complete.

Just thought I'd share some of the new stuff going on out west.

DISNEYLAND: Way too many to possibly count! I grew up 30 mins. from DL. Former CM. AP holder for 20 yrs. Premier Pass AP. All 3 DL Resorts and numerous off-site hotels.
WDW: 58 trips on & off-site, including DVC, Deluxe, Moderate & Value - in 18 different WDW resorts & numerous off-site resorts. AP holder for 5 yrs. Premier Pass AP holder.
AULANI: 1 so far. More to come though, & definitely looking forward to returning!

Last edited by stopher1; 08-30-2010 at 09:07 AM.
Old 08-30-2010, 09:00 AM   #1520
prattpak
DIS Dad #479
Big tiki add those of us that have given our names on here

Quote:
Originally Posted by unclescrooge_0707 View Post

I DO have a 7:30 Chef Mickey reservation during Christmas week. I'm excited about not missing any theme park time. And, I have a 9 p.m. dinner ressie at Epcot, following a 5:30 Fantasmic! dinner show reservation. Our group of 9 can make that ressie, right? I know they're in different parks, but if Fantasmic ends by 6:15, then it's 7 by the time we get to the parking lot. So long as we drive to DHS, then drive straight to Epcot, that's... Reasonable, yes?
Im assuming you have a park hopper. If you park at EPCOT at the beginning of the day and ride the boat to HS then you would only have to pay for parking once. Do all your stuff at HS take the boat back to EPCOT, enjoy your dinner, then go to your car at the parking lot there.
Member #479 DIS Dads
Me (Mark), DW (Wendy), DS (Christian), DD (Libby), DS (Robin) Sweet NEW logo
She deserves a cruise, right?
Old 08-30-2010, 09:04 AM   #1521
perrywinkle47
Earning My Ears

Muslim girl with a hijab @ Disney

the story about the Muslim girl from Morocco wanting to wear her hijab to work at the Disneyland Resort really touched quite a few nerves last week.the LA Times has posted a fantastic follow-up story of their own about the issue about how Disney is well within their rights to deny the request.
Old 08-30-2010, 09:08 AM   #1522
DisneyFed
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach81 View Post
Down with spammers!!!!
Lemme' at em'......

"If it's one thing that I've learned from all this living, is that it wouldn't change a thing if I let go"

Old 08-30-2010, 09:32 AM   #1523
Captain_Oblivious
DIS Dad #257
Don't underestimate your audience. I'm sure there's a fart joke in here somewhere

Quote:

That said, I'm having an issue with the DISDads.com site that I wanted to mention over here. I'm getting hit with a FLOOD of spammer wanna-bes adding themselves as site Users. At first, they were easy to spot, because they were using Russian Email addresses. But I've caught several recently using regular ol' gmail addresses. So I'm going to have to start imposing a new rule. I'm mentioning this here so as to hopefully avoid offending anyone. But starting next week, if your User name at DISDads.com doesn't match a name on the DIS Dads Club list, I will presume it's a spammer and delete the User at DISDads.com

I wish there were a good way to automate this. It's really becoming a PITA to go through and find the spammer name on the User list and delete the account.
That stinks. Sorry the site is causing headaches for you. I check in every day and I'm grateful that it's there for us!

Quote:
First off......CRUD

What a week, trying to get everything together and all loose ends all tied up and trying to get ready for a trip...yikes!!!

I am packing as I type this, typical dad leave it to last minute. Well pretty easy handful of t-shirts handful of shorts handful of underpants....done. Oh ya camera and passports. now I'm done. We are leaving at 3 am tonight. We are super stoked, I have a long drive ahead, about 22 hours. We are going to use 79/77. I think we are going to stop in Columbia SC for the night. Any hotel recommendations would be appreciated.

Talk to you all when we get back.

Hey Fed, I'll say Hi to Bob for ya!!
Have a great time Daddy-O! I'm down to 19 days on the countdown myself.

We stayed just north of Columbia off I-26 this past spring when I went to the Masters. There's a Wingate by Wyndham and a Holiday Inn Express on Harbison Blvd., which I remember because it's close to my last name. It worked just fine for us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stopher1 View Post
Hey guys.

We all pretty much know what a great job Disney can do with theming, and recently, well not that long ago anyway, on Tim's TR (at least I'm thinking it was Tim's... I read so many different things perhaps it was someone else's, but I think it was Tim's) there were some great pics of the newish Pirate themed rooms at Caribbean Beach... but check out the info on the Disney blog for the new Big Thunder Suite at the Disneyland Hotel. The Hotel is currently in a multi-year total renovation. Each tower is being stripped down and gutted, and then rebuilt. So far one of the three has been completed. They recently started on the 2nd one, and the third will be started later this year or early next. Each tower is getting a complete theming to match various lands at the neighboring Disneyland. Adventure, Frontier and Fantasy.

Additionally, the pool complex will be gutted and redone, with a new Monorail themed pool, with tube slides that are shaped like the famous OBA! It should prove to be quite a fun and immersive water complex once complete.

I saw that post on the blog--man, that room looks awesome! Very Wilderness Lodge-esque. Which means it's right up my alley.

FED: where are you getting all these cool smileys to play with?

Commando:
Old 08-30-2010, 09:50 AM   #1524
GoHerd1028
DDC 172
"Insert clever tag fairy saying here"
You really think I'm clever?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney Commando View Post
My wife picked the place since it was not a pet friendly hotel, we actully went about 7miles out of the way to get there, I should have thrown the red light as soon as we checked in, office was a 4 x 4 room with the clerk behind glass and had to do transactions through a little slot, we got to room, don't think they did upgrades since around 1975 carpets had rips, where the carpet meets the bathroom tile there was about a inch of just carprt webbing.

Walls had some brown dripping stains on them Bathroom tile had mold, (needless to say no shower that night), Found a foot long hair on the blanket, Mirror above sink had a cheesy strip across bottom (guess it was broke)

The inside of the sink had visible tape lines were it was repainted (was a bad match)

Had to use the old band aid trick to keep cutians closed (was a inch short on both sides) also used them to cover the old nail holes in the wall (never know if there is a camera)
Also 2 of the plug socket covers were caved in, Fire harzard

When it was morning my son was coughing up a storm, we also noticed on one of the sheets in his bed there was a blood stain (looked like a fingerprint) TG he slept on the other side of the bed. And we slept in our clothes.

When I went to get ice on the other side of the hotel I noticed a few cars parked with flat tires that have been there awhile

We had 2 day ressies, but there was noway in hell we were staying there for 2 nights, when my wife went to check out and complain the clerk did not seem surprised, she also noticed a sign that pets were welcome for $10 a pet per night, explains sons coughing (male cat dander will do it everytime)

After we contacted Corp, we got a email from that hotels owner that started out as ---- I wood like to (wood what the) it went on to tell us that he would give us 25% our next stay (if I'm not going to stay for free what makes him think I will pay 75%, we used points for the stay)

I contacted Corp again and they read the letter he sent, they said they were going to send a team to check the place out, also found out I was not the only one with a horror story from there They will not tell me any results due to some privacey act, but said it did not look good for him, and did not meet up to there standards. Depending on what the team discovers they might drop him and everything that associates him to the chain would have to be removed within 90 days.

Since then I've heard horror stories from truckers I know and they said it was probably a flussie hotel, since that area is where there time would run out coming from Fl, there was a huge truck stop a block down.
Now we know "The rest of the story" . I have to admit when you told about the blood and the hair I got a bit sick to my stomach! I would not have been able to stay there either...I hope they guy loses his franchise!
DisDads Club Member #172
DH Steve (47) DW Shari (47) DS Ethan (9) DD Lauren (8)
Old 08-30-2010, 10:42 AM   #1525
prattpak
DIS Dad #479
Big tiki add those of us that have given our names on here

Quote:

DANG RUSSIANS!!!! Make the newbs say "Moose and Squirell" and THAT my friend will be a dead give away!!!
Member #479 DIS Dads
Me (Mark), DW (Wendy), DS (Christian), DD (Libby), DS (Robin) Sweet NEW logo
She deserves a cruise, right?
Old 08-30-2010, 10:46 AM   #1526
dvczerfs
DIS Veteran

Quote:
My wife picked the place since it was not a pet friendly hotel, we actully went about 7miles out of the way to get there, I should have thrown the red light as soon as we checked in, office was a 4 x 4 room with the clerk behind glass and had to do transactions through a little slot, we got to room, don't think they did upgrades since around 1975 carpets had rips, where the carpet meets the bathroom tile there was about a inch of just carprt webbing.

Walls had some brown dripping stains on them Bathroom tile had mold, (needless to say no shower that night), Found a foot long hair on the blanket, Mirror above sink had a cheesy strip across bottom (guess it was broke)

The inside of the sink had visible tape lines were it was repainted (was a bad match)

Had to use the old band aid trick to keep cutians closed (was a inch short on both sides) also used them to cover the old nail holes in the wall (never know if there is a camera)
Also 2 of the plug socket covers were caved in, Fire harzard

When it was morning my son was coughing up a storm, we also noticed on one of the sheets in his bed there was a blood stain (looked like a fingerprint) TG he slept on the other side of the bed. And we slept in our clothes.

When I went to get ice on the other side of the hotel I noticed a few cars parked with flat tires that have been there awhile

We had 2 day ressies, but there was noway in hell we were staying there for 2 nights, when my wife went to check out and complain the clerk did not seem surprised, she also noticed a sign that pets were welcome for $10 a pet per night, explains sons coughing (male cat dander will do it everytime)

After we contacted Corp, we got a email from that hotels owner that started out as ---- I wood like to (wood what the) it went on to tell us that he would give us 25% our next stay (if I'm not going to stay for free what makes him think I will pay 75%, we used points for the stay)

I contacted Corp again and they read the letter he sent, they said they were going to send a team to check the place out, also found out I was not the only one with a horror story from there They will not tell me any results due to some privacey act, but said it did not look good for him, and did not meet up to there standards. Depending on what the team discovers they might drop him and everything that associates him to the chain would have to be removed within 90 days.

Since then I've heard horror stories from truckers I know and they said it was probably a flussie hotel, since that area is where there time would run out coming from Fl, there was a huge truck stop a block down.
wow, what more can you say. i hope something gets done. we stop at a hotel in virginia one year and the hot water wasnt hot, dw pitched a fit and we got a free room at the next hampton inn on 95. we waited about 2 hours and i didnt see any servive trucks there to fix it.
Old 08-30-2010, 10:48 AM   #1527
dvczerfs
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by stopher1 View Post
Hey guys.

Old 08-30-2010, 10:49 AM   #1528
dvczerfs
DIS Veteran

Quote:

have a safe trip daddy o!!!
Old 08-30-2010, 11:19 AM   #1529
Emma's Dad
DIS Dad's Club Member
SOMEONE thinks I know SOMETHING!
Get your zombie ammunition NOW!

Quote:
Don, We are planning on being at BG Sat 9/25 for Hallow Scream, maybe you can make it
Unfortunately, no... making a weekend run up to Ohio to see my folks. But gotta say I was hoping we could still meet up at some point. Still feel bad for having to back out of the last plans!

Quote:
Originally Posted by trennr View Post
Saw "Despicable Me" just a few minutes ago...

Love the Minions...

Favorite part of the movie was when one of the minions cracks another minion then shakes him up like a glow stick.

I thought I'd pee my pants.
HAHA! That was my favorite part, too! (As notes in DDCIV HERE)

Quote:

I have to say this... I HATE SPAMMERS!

There has to be a way to automate the checking/deleting. Since we are a small(ish) group, maybe it should be a manually checked registration? Would be more work on your part, but then again... you are spending time on these spammers anyway. Just a thought.

Dave - Great news about DW's treatment. I was praying there would be a better solution than having to make so many trips. Still got her on the prayer list Also... I can certainly tell you are back.... page counts are back up to normal

Had the East Coast Surfing Championships at Virginia Beach this weekend... tried to go attend some of the events on Saturday evening, but the place was CRAZY. BUt then again, I think I'm just getting old... there were just too many "kids" running around! Was definitely more of a teen crowd for this stuff. We ended up playing on the beach at the other end of the beach. Much quieter! The waves were awesome

All right.... gotta get back to work. Yuck.

(hehe... no pwnage for Fed)
DIS Dads Club Member #115
4/08 - POP, 4/09 - CSR, 4/10 - CSR, 4/11 - BWV, 1/13, 4/13 & 12/13 - BCR

"If only Tinker Bell was related to the tooth fairy... where is my Disney magic??" - 2010 TR
"What's Your Problem?" Caught by loop and hook... (My first TR)

Last edited by Emma's Dad; 08-30-2010 at 11:24 AM.
Old 08-30-2010, 11:23 AM   #1530
DisneyFed
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Oblivious View Post
FED: where are you getting all these cool smileys to play with?
One of the Law Enforcement/Gun Boards I play on has them.....the "bat" smiley is the standard go from nice guy to SWAT Cop symbol

Closed Thread

Tags
club, dads, dis, man, men

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: