Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Disney Movies, Books, TV and Music
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-30-2010, 06:28 PM   #46
where's_my_prince
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MushuGirl06 View Post
great mouse detective was my favorite movie growing up and still is one of the best disney movies

couldnt agree more. its so amazing!

where's_my_prince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 02:32 PM   #47
AdamsPrincess
I leave you people alone for just a minute look what happens, everything's gone to pot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melnalala View Post
Can anyoine find Song of the South on DVD?
Love this movie, I bought it on DVD for my husband for our anniversary a few years ago, it took a lot of searching.

AdamsPrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-02-2010, 08:04 AM   #48
cloud_dancing
All our dreams come true if we have the courage to pursue them!

I think the Song of the South would be mine =) I remember watching it as a kid and crying at the end everytime! I think some of the songs from the film were absolutely genius as well!

I was always a fan of HalloweenTown as well though =)
cloud_dancing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 09:20 PM   #49
Keebles
I'm OCD and proud of it!

I love Hocus Pocus too and quote it often (amuck amuck amuck!).

And, although I don't consider it a lesser known favorite, Pete's Dragon. I am constantly amazed at the number of people my age or older that have never heard of that movie! How is that possible! I remember them showing it at our school (I think I just dated myself there).
Old 09-05-2010, 05:38 PM   #50
TimeLady
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyDancer1986 View Post
The Cat From Outer Space, I remember being up late one night watching the Disney Channel, and this movie came on. At that time I didn't much care for older films.... Until I watched this movie. :D
I loved that movie as a kid!
Also One of Our Dinosaurs is Missing, with Peter Ustinov, and Never a Dull Moment, with Dick VanDyke. Good times!
Old 09-05-2010, 05:56 PM   #51
where's_my_prince
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keebles View Post
I love Hocus Pocus too and quote it often (amuck amuck amuck!).

And, although I don't consider it a lesser known favorite, Pete's Dragon. I am constantly amazed at the number of people my age or older that have never heard of that movie! How is that possible! I remember them showing it at our school (I think I just dated myself there).
hehe watch hocus pocus every halloween ( SISTERS!!!!!..... SICK 'EM )

yes i love petes dragon and i feel the same way i was watching the electrical parade at DL with some friends and they were like "whats the dragon from" im like "thats elliot!" "ellito who" "elliot from petes dragon!"

Old 09-08-2010, 11:31 PM   #52
Rose DiVerona
"If you finally found your laughing place...how come you aren't laughing?"

I didn't even think of mentioning Hocus Pocus earlier! I guess it would qualify as lesser-known, but I watch it so much around the Halloween season that the idea of other people not doing the same baffles me.

Also someone mentioned Halloweentown--another good one, back when Disney Channel movies were decent (as in the 90s...).

And Pete's Dragon is a good one, although it used to terrify me when I was little!
Old 09-08-2010, 11:34 PM   #53
WDWBabe
Earning My Ears

I used to love "The Strongest Man in the World" (Kurt Russell) but haven't seen it in ages. I'll have to re-watch to see if it's still all that. LOL.
WDWBabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 11:34 PM   #54
WDWBabe
Earning My Ears

Ooh. "Blackbeard's Ghost" too.
WDWBabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 11:37 PM   #55
mrsxsparrow
DIS Veteran

The Rescuers Down Under! I watched this movie so much when I was little. I still watch it when I'm sick sometimes.

Most people I talk to have no idea this movie even exists. Last year it was in a window display on Disneyland's Main Street and I was so excited
Old 09-08-2010, 11:50 PM   #56
*Meagan*
DIS Veteran

Eight below
The mighty ducks
Newsies
Meet the Robinson's
Old 09-10-2010, 02:04 AM   #57
where's_my_prince
DIS Veteran

i also absolutley love Treasure Planet. i think its wonderful, maybe its because i use to love reading "treasure island" when i was little, or because JOseph Gordon Levitt is the voice of Jim Hawkins. ormaybe its cuz of the song they have "i'm still here"

so many reasons!

Old 09-10-2010, 11:10 AM   #58
MHT to MCO
Mouseketeer

They've all been mentioned on this, but I LOVE these movies:
The original Incredible Journey -1963, Flight of the Navigator (the Beach Boys "I Get Around" ALWAYS reminds me of this movie!), and Pete's Dragon.
And every Halloween I watch Hocus Pocus, Mr. Boogedy and Disney's Sleepy Hollow (narrated by Bing )
Old 09-10-2010, 09:27 PM   #59
Keebles
I'm OCD and proud of it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MHT to MCO View Post
They've all been mentioned on this, but I LOVE these movies:
The original Incredible Journey -1963, Flight of the Navigator (the Beach Boys "I Get Around" ALWAYS reminds me of this movie!), and Pete's Dragon.
And every Halloween I watch Hocus Pocus, Mr. Boogedy and Disney's Sleepy Hollow (narrated by Bing )
Great minds! Practically everyday is Halloween in my world! I have Sleepy Hollow on my Ipod and watch it at work at least several times a week. I have several others like Pecos Bill (which is not Halloweenie, but reminds me of the taco salad I always get during MNSSHP at Pecos Bill Cafe..so there ya go), the old Humphrey cartoons (again, not Halloweenie, but usually stay at WL...need I say more), and the old Donald cartoon Trick or Treat. I keep meaning to put Hocus Pocus on there but haven't gotten around to it. I also have Nightmare Before Christmas, but it's not an oldie (yet).

I got asked just the other day by three separate people if I get sick of watching those cartoons over and over again to which I replied, "nope, not at all!", but by the third time I did add, "but I am getting sick of being asked if I'm getting sick!".
Old 09-12-2010, 11:46 AM   #60
MHT to MCO
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keebles View Post
Great minds! Practically everyday is Halloween in my world! I have Sleepy Hollow on my Ipod and watch it at work at least several times a week. I have several others like Pecos Bill (which is not Halloweenie, but reminds me of the taco salad I always get during MNSSHP at Pecos Bill Cafe..so there ya go), the old Humphrey cartoons (again, not Halloweenie, but usually stay at WL...need I say more), and the old Donald cartoon Trick or Treat. I keep meaning to put Hocus Pocus on there but haven't gotten around to it. I also have Nightmare Before Christmas, but it's not an oldie (yet).

I got asked just the other day by three separate people if I get sick of watching those cartoons over and over again to which I replied, "nope, not at all!", but by the third time I did add, "but I am getting sick of being asked if I'm getting sick!".
Hahaha, I like to watch Johnny Appleseed in the fall - right around this time actually! Puts me in the "fall mood".

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: