Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-23-2010, 07:24 AM   #16
MickeyMomOfThree
DIS Veteran

I agree, last night really was good! I really hope it's just the end of the season, maybe they are dealing with contracts right now. Anyway, one thing that made me laugh though. Did anyone otice that when Molly was delivered, she cried before she was actually out and then they handed her over to Denise, she was clean and no umbilical cord? She has a fully healed belly button. I thought that was funny, not very realistic. Not that it needs to be, but all other shows are so why wouldn't they? I just thought that was kind of funny.

I heard Katherine Bell had her baby, how funny the night she was having a baby on the show she was having her baby IRL. She had a boy. (ETA, she had the baby Saturday, my mistake.)
I Always wanted A Family and Now I Have A Great One!!!! Many Trips As A Kid Made Me Want To Have Many Trips as A Mom --- Now I'm Doing Just That --- Thanks hubby For Great Kids, a Great Family, and GREAT DISNEY VACATIONS!!! Married 17 Years and Counting ...
**SOG 10/97**ASSp 2/00**ASMu 3/01** ASMo 11/02**ASMo 11/04**ASSp 11/06**ASSp 11/08**ASSp 11/10**And some off property trips mixed in**
**Dreaming of 11/12 Or sooner if we win the lottery before that! **

Don't be Grumpy , be Happy , even if it makes you a little Sleepy DQC

Please see the Hidden Mickey for Haiti thread

Last edited by MickeyMomOfThree; 08-23-2010 at 07:27 AM. Reason: add
MickeyMomOfThree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 08:19 AM   #17
Pixie Dust for Me!
Anyone seen tink lately, I'm running a bit low on dust!

I love this show and would be very, very sad if it didn't come back next year. Not sure about the spinoff for Pamela though.

K

We now get to hear "Welcome Home" since we are DVC members!!

Also see my DS at TheDuckStopsHere
Pixie Dust for Me! is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-23-2010, 08:33 AM   #18
lynxstch
Love that Figment!
Turkey, Clay, and my favorite all time christmas song..all on the same day..it doesn't get any better!
Learned the hard way not to store meltables in the oven

Last nite's was really good

and they tied up 'most 'of the loose ends..2 weeks ago, when they were showing scenes from the next episode..they said stay tuned for the FINAL episode..then last nite they said it was the season finale..so who knows..but I hope they bring it back!
Old 08-23-2010, 12:22 PM   #19
snykymom
Still tagless after all these years

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickeyMomOfThree View Post
I agree, last night really was good! I really hope it's just the end of the season, maybe they are dealing with contracts right now. Anyway, one thing that made me laugh though. Did anyone otice that when Molly was delivered, she cried before she was actually out and then they handed her over to Denise, she was clean and no umbilical cord? She has a fully healed belly button. I thought that was funny, not very realistic. Not that it needs to be, but all other shows are so why wouldn't they? I just thought that was kind of funny.

I heard Katherine Bell had her baby, how funny the night she was having a baby on the show she was having her baby IRL. She had a boy. (ETA, she had the baby Saturday, my mistake.)
Yes, I did notice that, too! My husband & I both laughed about it. I also wondered about how quickly Denise seemed to give birth! And if Claudia Joy was the birth coach, why was everybody in the delivery room??? I don't care how close you are to me, when I'm in labor, GET OUT!!!

Hope it comes back.
Old 08-23-2010, 12:29 PM   #20
DisTeach1
DIS Veteran

Can someone give me a spoiler...Either PM or put it in highlights. I want to know what happened last night.

And yes, I always read the end of the book first.
DisTeach1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 02:13 PM   #21
MickeyMomOfThree
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by snykymom View Post
Yes, I did notice that, too! My husband & I both laughed about it. I also wondered about how quickly Denise seemed to give birth! And if Claudia Joy was the birth coach, why was everybody in the delivery room??? I don't care how close you are to me, when I'm in labor, GET OUT!!!

Hope it comes back.
YES! He runs to tell his dad after being in the phone with mom when she's at the graduation and she's already there and in full labor. So funny. But I enjoyed it despite my nitpicking. And yeah, I wouldn't want anyone with me wither but I know people who have had friends and extended family with them. When I had my first DD my DH was deployed and didn't have anyone to be with me. Thankfully hee wound up being there or I would have been alone, and very scared when I needed the emergency c-section.
I Always wanted A Family and Now I Have A Great One!!!! Many Trips As A Kid Made Me Want To Have Many Trips as A Mom --- Now I'm Doing Just That --- Thanks hubby For Great Kids, a Great Family, and GREAT DISNEY VACATIONS!!! Married 17 Years and Counting ...
**SOG 10/97**ASSp 2/00**ASMu 3/01** ASMo 11/02**ASMo 11/04**ASSp 11/06**ASSp 11/08**ASSp 11/10**And some off property trips mixed in**
**Dreaming of 11/12 Or sooner if we win the lottery before that! **

Don't be Grumpy , be Happy , even if it makes you a little Sleepy DQC

Please see the Hidden Mickey for Haiti thread
MickeyMomOfThree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 05:46 PM   #22
bicker
DIS Veteran

Was this a series finale?

Quote:
On Sunday night, 'Army Wives' fourth season came to a finish and the ratings were superb. The finale of Lifetime's top drama was the most watched episode of the season, drawing 3.9 million viewers, with a 3.0 in household ratings.

It's not surprising that the show did so well in the ratings, since 'Army Wives' is coming off one of its best seasons. But there is one nagging question for fans since Lifetime has yet to announce a fifth season pick-up: was this a series finale?

The question is a legitimate one since for the first time in the show's history, there was no major cliffhanger ending. No explosion at the Hump Bar, no lingering health concerns, no soldiers missing in action for any member of the tribe. In fact, if you look at the couples individually, things look pretty good for the 'Army Wives' families.

Considering the quality of the drama and the powerhouse ratings, it would make sense for Lifetime to bring 'Army Wives' back for at least one more season. True, there is a case to be made for going out on a high, but -- for me -- I'd like to see the tribe return.
http://www.tvsquad.com/2010/08/24/ar...s-it-the-last/
bicker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 09:53 AM   #23
snykymom
Still tagless after all these years

I wonder if there are contract negotiations going on right now with the cast that have put the show's future in doubt? Somehow that always seems to happen with a popular series.
Old 09-02-2010, 09:29 AM   #24
bicker
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bicker View Post
I do know that they are working on a spin-off for Brigid Brannagh's character. Gabrielle Union recently signed-on to lead the new series.
Update:
Quote:
Over at Lifetime, the network has passed on the Army Wives spinoff, whose pilot aired as an episode of the series this season. The spinoff, starring Brigid Brannagh and Gabrielle Union as Atlanta detectives, got a lot of attention recently following Deadline's story about Wives executive producer Mark Gordon's use of racial slur during the backdoor pilot's table read. Meanwhile, renewal talks for the mothership series between Lifetime and producer ABC Studios are ongoing.
http://www.deadline.com/tag/army-wives-spinoff/
Old 09-02-2010, 09:43 AM   #25
pilesoflaundry
it doesn't get scratched as often as I like

Over at the lifetime website community and the facebook page there was a huge uproar over the spin off and how dumb an idea it was. So I guess that is why they canned it.

The season finale was nice but it was too wrapped up for me. I think they left it so they could do another season but they could end it just the way it was too. No big cliffhanger.

I loved season 1 and 2, liked 3 but 4 was meh for me. If season 5 will be like 1 or 2 I would love to see another one. If season 5 is going to be crappy, I would rather the show end and end on a good note.

My knight in shining armor turned out to be a soldier in combat boots.

WDW June 2008, 2009x2 June and Sept., Sept. 2011
DL and DCA June 2013
pilesoflaundry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2010, 06:09 AM   #26
bicker
DIS Veteran

Another update:
Quote:
Lifetime Television will return its two scripted series, Army Wives and Drop Dead Diva, in 2011, according to Nancy Dubuc, President and General Manager of Lifetime Networks and History.
Army Wives, which follows the struggles and friendships of a diverse group of women - and one man - living with their spouses and families on an active army post, will air for a fifth season next summer.
http://www.multichannel.com/article/...Dead_Diva_.php
Old 09-24-2010, 08:33 AM   #27
MickeysMommy
Mickey is my cat
He sits on my table
My name is MM, and I carry a Mickey fanny pack on my vacations to Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by bicker View Post
Yay!!!

~*~Dad and his "Girl"~*~
Caribbean Beach Resort
1991*1993*1995*1998*2000*2002*2006*2007*2009*2011*2012
MickeysMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2010, 08:33 AM   #28
starann
In having children, I have lost my mind, but found my soul

To PP....

YAHOO!!!!!!!!! Thanks for the info!
Cody 12-19-03 and Shane 2-23-05
Casey 5-13-11
and last..........
Our little 'Souvenir' who arrived 6 weeks early, Josephine 4-24-14

You Brought WHAT Home From WDW?!?!?!?! A Setp 2013 TR
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....0#post49731870
starann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2010, 03:51 PM   #29
cm8
Half of the time we're rushing around to get things done last minute or we realize we're running behind so we need to catch up

Army Wives' to be stationed in Charleston for a fifth season
Staff report
Friday, September 24, 2010

1 Comment(s)
Buzz

The hit Lifetime drama "Army Wives" has committed to a fifth season of filming in Charleston.

Officials with the show said they expect to start shooting the first of 13 episodes before the holidays and wrap up in May.

"Army Wives" representatives successfully lobbied this summer to keep the state's film incentives in place. In a letter to lawmakers, they wrote that the series has contributed more than $120 million in production costs to the local economy since it landed in Charleston in 2006.

Just this year, in filming the fourth season, the show hired 355 employees and 1,101 extras and paid more than $19 million in salaries and wages, the letter states. Four lead actors and 11 crew members also have purchased homes in South Carolina.

Read more in Saturday's editions of The Post and Courier.

"I have placed the Lord ever before me. Because He is at my right hand, I will not be shaken." Psalm 16:8

cm8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2010, 04:02 PM   #30
charming23
DIS Veteran

I am very happy that it is coming back for a fifth season.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: