Adventures by Disney forums

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Adventures By Disney
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-28-2010, 07:48 PM   #16
brewcrew
Mouseketeer

I was wondering if you liked the David? Once again, another great trip report!
brewcrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 08:40 PM   #17
sayhello
Have Camera, Will Travel

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by brewcrew View Post
I was wondering if you liked the David? Once again, another great trip report!
Naw, didn't care for it at all!

Thanks again, brewcrew!

Sayhello
NOW POSTING! My DIS Unplugged London/Paris/Disneyland Paris Trip Report! (2011)
Now posting my Greek Odyssey Trip Report (2013)
sayhello is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-29-2010, 04:31 PM   #18
glassslipper2004
DIS Veteran

I am continuing to enjoy your trip report, and re-living our trip to Italy two summers ago.

I wonder what ABD could do to make Florence a better experience? We had a similar one to you -- seeing the David is fantastic, but then it was hard to figure out what to do next. We had a city tour over to the bridge, but on that particular day it was very hot and crowded, and the tour guide wasn't particularly engaging. My family and I ate at a rather dull place for lunch (on our own - at least maybe your lunch had some Disney spirit to it) and then wandered around. Probably we should have gotten tickets for the Ufizzi. So many people just love Florence, there must be more to it!
1980; 1990 - WDW - college graduation; 1993 - WDW - Grand Floridian honeymoon trip; 2003 - WDW - (offsite) first time with our girls - we celebrate DH's birthday; 2004 - WDW - Wilderness Lodge; 2006 - WDW - (offsite) and we again celebrate DH's birthday; 2006 - Disney Wonder 4-night cruise; 2007 - Disney Wonder Cruise and WDW Yacht Club -- fun at Stormalong Bay!; 2008 - Viva Italia ABD; 2009 - Disney Hollywood Studios; 2009 - Southwest Splendors ABD; 2010 - Israel; 2010 - Paris/London; 2011 - Disney Dream, Poly and Beach Club

Upcoming: August 2013 Med cruise
glassslipper2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 10:55 PM   #19
sayhello
Have Camera, Will Travel

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by glassslipper2004 View Post
I am continuing to enjoy your trip report, and re-living our trip to Italy two summers ago.
Thanks, glassslipper! I'm so happy you're still enjoying it!

Quote:
I wonder what ABD could do to make Florence a better experience? We had a similar one to you -- seeing the David is fantastic, but then it was hard to figure out what to do next. We had a city tour over to the bridge, but on that particular day it was very hot and crowded, and the tour guide wasn't particularly engaging. My family and I ate at a rather dull place for lunch (on our own - at least maybe your lunch had some Disney spirit to it) and then wandered around. Probably we should have gotten tickets for the Ufizzi. So many people just love Florence, there must be more to it!
I really think they should have had something more organized for the afternoon. I guess there must be some fabulous shopping somewhere, but I don't know where it was! I agree, this was one day that could have used a bit more structure or solid suggestions from the guides.

Sayhello
Old 08-01-2010, 12:25 AM   #20
tksbaskets
DIS Veteran

Another fine installment I loved all your pictures and yes am especially impressed with your moon shot - freehand no less.

Thanks for sharing!
tksbaskets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 11:23 PM   #21
sayhello
Have Camera, Will Travel

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by tksbaskets View Post
Another fine installment I loved all your pictures and yes am especially impressed with your moon shot - freehand no less.

Thanks for sharing!
Thanks, tk! I'm pretty chuffed about that moon shot!

Sayhello
Old 08-09-2010, 07:39 PM   #22
Forever a Princess
One bottle of ketchup is not enough!

You are such an artist! Great trip report!!
Old 08-09-2010, 11:55 PM   #23
sayhello
Have Camera, Will Travel

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever a Princess View Post
You are such an artist! Great trip report!!
Well, thank you! I'm not sure if you mean my photos are artistic, or my style of writing, but either way, I'm flattered!

Sayhello
Old 08-10-2010, 02:44 PM   #24
tig82174
...but the most wonderful thing about tiggers is I'm the only one!!

Hey there sayhello,

Any idea how many installments total you'll have in your trip report? Jason and I have been checking religiously daily for the next installment because we want to read and learn as much from your experience with the ABD package before we leave for Barcelona on Sept. 6th for the trip!
Old 08-10-2010, 03:09 PM   #25
sayhello
Have Camera, Will Travel

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by tig82174 View Post
Hey there sayhello,

Any idea how many installments total you'll have in your trip report? Jason and I have been checking religiously daily for the next installment because we want to read and learn as much from your experience with the ABD package before we leave for Barcelona on Sept. 6th for the trip!
I'm thinking 3 more. One for Corsica (which should be up in the next day or two!), one for Villefranche, and one for the last sea day/my post-day in Barcelona. There might be an additional one with some stuff from Israel, but that wasn't really part of the ABD/cruise.

OK, now you're motivating me to get the rest of this up in the next couple of weeks at the most, so it can be done well before you leave. Wow! Checking religiously?????

Sayhello
Old 08-10-2010, 03:45 PM   #26
tig82174

Quote:
Originally Posted by sayhello View Post
I'm thinking 3 more. One for Corsica (which should be up in the next day or two!), one for Villefranche, and one for the last sea day/my post-day in Barcelona. There might be an additional one with some stuff from Israel, but that wasn't really part of the ABD/cruise.

OK, now you're motivating me to get the rest of this up in the next couple of weeks at the most, so it can be done well before you leave. Wow! Checking religiously?????

Sayhello
wonderful news!!

Yes we've been checking daily for updates...and we re-read your posts and descriptions to get a sense of the trips.

We're also really curious about some of the additional goodies that you got as part of being ABD----someone said that they give pins or buttons? Is that correct? And I think that the ABD package includes photos-----exactly what photos did you get? All the onboard Shutters photos? I also heard that the adventure guides take digital pics throughout the vacation and you get those, too? is that correct? Jason and I are huge photo hogs----especially when they're photos that someone ELSE takes (we always travel as a couple so anytime we have the chance to have photos taken together we jump at it!)
Old 08-10-2010, 04:48 PM   #27
sayhello
Have Camera, Will Travel

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by tig82174 View Post
wonderful news!!

Yes we've been checking daily for updates...and we re-read your posts and descriptions to get a sense of the trips.

We're also really curious about some of the additional goodies that you got as part of being ABD----someone said that they give pins or buttons? Is that correct? And I think that the ABD package includes photos-----exactly what photos did you get? All the onboard Shutters photos? I also heard that the adventure guides take digital pics throughout the vacation and you get those, too? is that correct? Jason and I are huge photo hogs----especially when they're photos that someone ELSE takes (we always travel as a couple so anytime we have the chance to have photos taken together we jump at it!)
Wow!

Yes, for all ABD trips, you get a pin per day, which reflects the "theme of the day". You can only get these pins actually *on* an ABD. You'll each get a set. I'll probably post a pic of them with the last day report...

As far as photos are concerned, you are correct about both sources. You get a CD with all of the Shutters photos taken throughout the cruise, so be sure and have a ton taken!!! You'll get that CD on the last day of the cruise. And then, yes, the Guides take tons of digital photos also (plus taking photos with your camera, too, if you want). You'll get a CD with all of the Guide's photos a couple of weeks after you get home. It's one of the things I really like about doing a Guided trip, is that there's someone built in to take pictures of me. Since I usually travel alone, I normally have to stop strangers & ask them to take a photo of me to prove I was there. With the Guides, that's not an issue. Same thing for pics of you and Jason. You should end up with tons of photos of the 2 of you together!

Beyond that, you'll get an ABD backpack on the cruise (most ABD's, they send them out 45 days or so before the trip, but for the ABD/DCL trip, for some reason they gave them to us on the cruise). There's also a duffle bag with some small welcome goodies in it that you'll get on your first day. And a case of water in your room.

You guys are so going to love this trip!

Sayhello

Last edited by sayhello; 08-13-2010 at 11:52 AM.
Old 08-10-2010, 08:24 PM   #28
tig82174

Quote:
Originally Posted by sayhello View Post
Wow!

Yes, for all ABD trips, you get a pin per day, which reflects the "theme of the day". You can only get these pins actually *on* an ABD. You'll each get a set. I'll probably post a pic of them with the last day report...

As far as photos are concerned, you are correct about both sources. You get a CD with all of the Shutters photos taken throughout the cruise, so be sure and have a ton taken!!! You'll get that CD on the last day of the cruise. And then, yes, the Guides take tons of digital photos also (plus taking photos with your camera, too, if you want). You'll get a CD with all of the Guide's photos a couple of weeks after you get home. It's one of the things I really like about doing a Guided trip, is that there's someone built in to take pictures of me. Since I usually travel alone, I normally have to stop strangers & ask them to take a photo of me to prove I was there. With the Guides, that's not an issue. Same thing for pics of you and Jason. You should end up with tons of photos of the 2 of you together!

Beyond that, you'll get an ABD backpack on the cruise (most ABD's, they send them out 45 days or so before the trip, but for the ABD/DCL trip, for some reason they gave them to us on the cruise. There's also a duffle bag with some small welcome goodies in it that you'll get on your first day. And a case of water in your room.

You guys are so going to love this trip!

Sayhello
oh fabulous! Well we aren't pin people....but sometimes turn pins we like into magnets for our magnetic walls....so that might be another fun way to remember this trip!
Old 08-13-2010, 07:18 AM   #29
akluss
Mouseketeer

Sayhello, you are a very entertaining story teller, both with words and pictures. I have been enjoying your whole trip report. We are on the 8/28 Med cruise and there have not been that many reports about the Med cruises. Your report is so informative as to what are the "must-sees" and what we have to look forward to on the trip. Can't wait for Corsica, Karyn
akluss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 10:54 AM   #30
sayhello
Have Camera, Will Travel

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by akluss View Post
Sayhello, you are a very entertaining story teller, both with words and pictures. I have been enjoying your whole trip report. We are on the 8/28 Med cruise and there have not been that many reports about the Med cruises. Your report is so informative as to what are the "must-sees" and what we have to look forward to on the trip. Can't wait for Corsica, Karyn
Thank you so much, Karyn! I love doing these reports, and hearing folks like you say how much they like them is really encouraging for me (and certainly adds to my swelled head! ) I'm hoping to have Corsica up tonight!

Sayhello

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: