Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando airport transportation questions and share tips.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Transportation
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-30-2010, 09:55 AM   #16
tinkrebell
Disney Daydreamer

Thanks! I was already planning on programming their number into my cell before we left, and was definitely aware of the 24 hour rule - at least it shouldn't be too hard to walk over if they can't do DTD!
Old 09-06-2010, 04:46 PM   #17
tiki23
Able to leap a double stroller in a single *splat*
A hot glue gun was my best friend

We've bought the 1-Day/2-Park pass with transportation by Mears. Does anyone know how late Mears will pick up? We're thinking about going to City Walk for dinner when the park closes at 6:00

Thank you!
1st Trip! 11/06 POP~ Christmas Time W/Mom 12/07 POP~ Solo Trip DL 3/08~ Mom-Son 8/08 POP~Family & Friends 10/08 DLR~Reunion 9/09 ASMU~Sisters! 9/10 POFQ~ 3/11 w/DD's choir ASMu~ 5/12 EE Challenge w/Sis POP ~Milestones w/DH 9/12 AoA~ ToT Run & Reunion 10/13 @ POP ~ AS Sports w/Sis for Glass Slipper Challenge! 2/21-25
tiki23 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-06-2010, 08:21 PM   #18
bamagirl@hrt
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by clkelley View Post
Just a note on the Mears transportation. The Mears drivers take CASH ONLY.

If you want to purchase with a credit or debit card, then purchase your Mears transfer voucher at MCO before leaving the airport.

You still have to call Mears the day before to actually arrange your pickup time, but then don't have to fool with having the cash on hand.
Is this for the shuttle? I was looking on the Mears website at the taxi cab option, and it says that all of their cabs are equipped to take credit cards. We will probably do this option, because we are going to Universal first. We'll need to go from the airport to Universal and then two days later, from Universal to our Disney resort. Their cab fare estimator shows $34 each way, which isn't bad for the 4 of us, even if it's a little off.
bamagirl@hrt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 11:40 AM   #19
LAWalz23
DIS Veteran

Does anyone know if the roundtrip be on different days and would we be able to take an overnight bag (we would like to stay at Universal for 1 or 2 nights in the middle of our WDW trip)? Thanks!
Old 09-08-2010, 12:32 PM   #20
goofy4tink
Likes little devils
I know I'm getting old...I get it, I really do
Prisoner of Toy Story Mania

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAWalz23 View Post
Does anyone know if the roundtrip be on different days and would we be able to take an overnight bag (we would like to stay at Universal for 1 or 2 nights in the middle of our WDW trip)? Thanks!
Can't say for sure. The Mears shuttle isn't intended to be used this way, so I'm just not sure if they'll allow you to ride on two different days. I would try to book two different rides. I did see some larger sized bags being brought with people when I took the bus.
Have you considered taking a towncar or a cab?? Might be cheaper depending on how many in your party.
Old 09-12-2010, 06:13 PM   #21
WalkingintheFog
DIS Veteran

Location: North America's most easterly city: St.John's Newfoundland and Labrador!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAWalz23 View Post
This is a thought I've been having as well. Looking forward to hearing if you do that and your thoughts on it after.

We are 2 adults, possibly 3.
I do want to begin & end vacation in Disney, but want to hit Universal 2 days, possibly 3. Don't want the nuisance of completely packing & moving offsite & back (and that would screw up free dining due to the time of our trip ..FD ends a couple days after arrival).

Definitely don't want a rent a car.

Trying to see what would be the best balance of economics and efficiency!

If we did stay a night or 2 at a cheap-but-clean hotel in walking distance of US, it might work out as cheap as 2-3 return shuttle trips would cost 2-3 Adults PLUS cut out some commute time (and therefore allow more AM shuteye time!), and make it that much easier to get to ropedrop at least 1 day. And w/ closing time 6 or 7pm, we could choose to go back for swim, or even have nice supper at Citywalk, or any place nearby.

I'd be bringing change of clothing in ziplock bags anyway (yay Bilge Rat Barges!). And also hoping on using some of the TS dining credits on a few places that take 2 credits, so not concerned about that part of it.
WalkingintheFog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 06:45 AM   #22
clkelley
I squealed really loud!!
I got one on my camper too

This would absolutely work. A friend of mine used to have her Universval/Disney transfers in reverse for awhile. The first time she went to Universal she rode with a friend and then when she left, she purchased a RT transfer from the driver at Universal, then used the "return" the next time she went over there, (several months later), and so on.

You would NOT get transportation to your hotel at Universal though. You would need to get yourself over to either an on-property Universal hotel, or one of the off-property hotels nearby. The Mears RTs are only for dropoffs and pickups at the Mears loading area at Universal.
clkelley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 12:18 PM   #23
Golden_Eagle426
Man of Steel

One question about the Mears transportation shuttle system:

I know that you pay $18 cash to the driver when they pick you up from your departure point (in my case, will be Pop Century resort). How does it work at the end of the day/night or whatever when you are picked up from your destination (Universal Orlando for me). I plan on literally being @ Universal all day/night because I'm doing both parks as well as HHNight. Are you given some sort of voucher stating that you have paid/are authorized to use their services? I just wanted to make sure all of this is clear because I'm trying to establish some sort of budget for this trip. Like I'll actually follow it though Thank ya'll for your help on these boards!
Cast member -Fall Advantage College Program/Spring 2012 College program (Chatham)
Golden_Eagle426 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 12:25 PM   #24
clkelley
I squealed really loud!!
I got one on my camper too

Yes, they hand you a return boarding ticket which also has their phone number on it to make your return arrangements.

OR, you can talk to the driver then and tell him about when you want to be picked up and he'll give you a boarding time.
clkelley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 10:38 AM   #25
tiki23

We just got back last week and used Mears from POFQ. It went very smoothly and the shuttle was on time both ways.

Don't be late though! Our driver only waited a couple of minutes; one of the parties missed the shuttle on the way back.
1st Trip! 11/06 POP~ Christmas Time W/Mom 12/07 POP~ Solo Trip DL 3/08~ Mom-Son 8/08 POP~Family & Friends 10/08 DLR~Reunion 9/09 ASMU~Sisters! 9/10 POFQ~ 3/11 w/DD's choir ASMu~ 5/12 EE Challenge w/Sis POP ~Milestones w/DH 9/12 AoA~ ToT Run & Reunion 10/13 @ POP ~ AS Sports w/Sis for Glass Slipper Challenge! 2/21-25
Old 09-27-2010, 12:02 PM   #26
PrincessAlways
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiki23 View Post
We just got back last week and used Mears from POFQ. It went very smoothly and the shuttle was on time both ways.

Don't be late though! Our driver only waited a couple of minutes; one of the parties missed the shuttle on the way back.
Glad to hear it went smoothly! We're using the shuttle for the first time during our October trip. Does the shuttle stop at other many other resorts before heading to Universal???
POR, 2003 OKW,2004 Poly, 2005 SSR (June), Pop (Sept), CSR (Nov), 2006 OKW (May), Swan (Sept), OKW (Nov), 2007 Pop (Feb), OKW (June), CR (Sept), BWV (Nov), 2008 CSR (April), OKW (July), SSR (Dec)2009 Pop (March) OKW (May) BLT (Nov), 2010 BLT (May) AKL (Oct) 2011 SWAN (March) BLT (June) AKL (Nov) OKW (Nov) 2012 BWI (March) OKW (May) POR Royal (Oct) OKW (Nov) 2013 BWV (Apr) offsite (July) Kidani (Dec) 2014 AKL (April)
PrincessAlways is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 12:52 PM   #27
goofy4tink
Likes little devils
I know I'm getting old...I get it, I really do
Prisoner of Toy Story Mania

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessAlways View Post
Glad to hear it went smoothly! We're using the shuttle for the first time during our October trip. Does the shuttle stop at other many other resorts before heading to Universal???
We got on at WL...the bus made a few stops after picking us up...I think it was the CR, WL, Polynesian and SoG that were on that route that day.
Old 09-27-2010, 02:50 PM   #28
PrincessAlways
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofy4tink View Post
We got on at WL...the bus made a few stops after picking us up...I think it was the CR, WL, Polynesian and SoG that were on that route that day.
thanks for the info!
POR, 2003 OKW,2004 Poly, 2005 SSR (June), Pop (Sept), CSR (Nov), 2006 OKW (May), Swan (Sept), OKW (Nov), 2007 Pop (Feb), OKW (June), CR (Sept), BWV (Nov), 2008 CSR (April), OKW (July), SSR (Dec)2009 Pop (March) OKW (May) BLT (Nov), 2010 BLT (May) AKL (Oct) 2011 SWAN (March) BLT (June) AKL (Nov) OKW (Nov) 2012 BWI (March) OKW (May) POR Royal (Oct) OKW (Nov) 2013 BWV (Apr) offsite (July) Kidani (Dec) 2014 AKL (April)
PrincessAlways is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 06:28 PM   #29
tiki23

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessAlways View Post
Ours was a shuttle van so we only had stops at POR, POFQ and Old Key West.
Old 10-12-2010, 05:06 PM   #30
MamaOfTwoPrincesses
MNSSHP October 2008

Anyone know about traveling by car or taxi with kids in carseats? What are the carseat laws in FLA?

My older DD is old enough to go without, but my younger one really needs a booster. She is only 5. Since we are flying and using ME, we are not bringing her booster. Will the rental agency or cab company provide/rent a booster? I will not feel comfortable if my child is not properly restrained.
WDW January 2007
MamaOfTwoPrincesses is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: