Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-22-2010, 11:57 AM   #1456
disneyfan61
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charleston Princess View Post

Did you call last night?

Yes I did!! We were not planning to do the dining plan as our week was blacked out but the CM said where I had the PIN code that I also get a discount on the dining plan so I added that on. Now tomorrow a.m. I get to make ADR's.
Old 11-22-2010, 12:56 PM   #1457
Cat0727
I am used to crowds and yielding to others all the time

I've seen pictures online of people getting stuck on upside down roller coasters and it's horrifying I finally got over my fear and rode RnR two years ago but I don't know if I'd ride it if it was having problems before I got on! Charles, Connor & Chelsea are very brave Have you been on ToT before?
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-22-2010, 03:38 PM   #1458
manntra
DIS Veteran

Ahhhh I love DHS
The only part of RNRC is the take off....the rest of it jostles my precious brain too much
Hmmmm so did you ride my favorite ride TOT? Didja? Didja?
Did Chelsea at least give Bo a little finger wave as she walked by him on the way in?

Tracy
Old 11-23-2010, 07:34 AM   #1459
Charleston Princess
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneyfan61 View Post
Yes I did!! We were not planning to do the dining plan as our week was blacked out but the CM said where I had the PIN code that I also get a discount on the dining plan so I added that on. Now tomorrow a.m. I get to make ADR's.
Yeay for booking and getting to make ADRs! Where are you going to eat on this trip?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat0727 View Post
I've seen pictures online of people getting stuck on upside down roller coasters and it's horrifying I finally got over my fear and rode RnR two years ago but I don't know if I'd ride it if it was having problems before I got on! Charles, Connor & Chelsea are very brave Have you been on ToT before?
I am glad I have never seen pictures of people stuck on roller coasters! That would terrify me! Actually, I take that back -- I have read stories of people stuck on Everest and having to walk all the way down the mountain. That would about do me in!

I rode ToT once back in 1998 (Chelsea's first trip) with my brother (who was 11 at the time). It dropped once, and I shook for about thirty minutes afterward.

Quote:
Originally Posted by manntra View Post
Ahhhh I love DHS
The only part of RNRC is the take off....the rest of it jostles my precious brain too much
Hmmmm so did you ride my favorite ride TOT? Didja? Didja?
Did Chelsea at least give Bo a little finger wave as she walked by him on the way in?

Tracy
I love DHS, too! For some reason we always have some of our best times in that park.

More on the Tower of Terror and Bo later on.
Old 11-23-2010, 07:56 AM   #1460
Charleston Princess
DIS Veteran

Connor Joins the Army!

July 22, 2010: Part Two

Before I continue with this day, I have to tell you a cute story. As so many of you know, Chelsea has a thing for Bo -- the Coke delivery man who stands outside Oscar’s at DHS. One year she spotted him and screamed, “My Main Man!!!” and ran to pose beside him. Since then it has become a DIS tradition for people to pose with Bo and send us the pictures. We get such a kick out of seeing all the pictures with everyone. Fast forward to last night -- two of Chelsea’s friends, Katie and Karlie (they are twins) go to Disney every year for Thanksgiving -- I also teach them and absolutely adore them --- well, last night, they were at DHS and sent Chelsea a picture on her phone. Can you guess what it was? Yep, they posed with Bo and the text message read, “Chelsea, we saw your main man!” It was hysterical!

Okay, back to July 22.

After securing some much-needed caffeine, we decided it was time to journey into the movies.

Some of you are familiar with the infamous Benedryl story. Back in 2008, Charles had made the huge error of taking some Benedryl to help him sleep. Well, for whatever reason, it really kicked him hard, and the following day he was a walking zombie. We rode the Great Movie Ride, and he fell asleep. He was sitting next to a man, and the entire time kept listing dangerously towards him. I was convinced he was going to end up sleeping with his head on this stranger’s shoulder.

Anyway, when we got on the ride, Charles pretended to fall asleep, but then wouldn’t let me take his picture for the trip report. LOL!

We eagerly embarked into the world of film.

The cowboy hijacked our ride. I am always surprised to read about how few people end up with the cowboy. We have always gotten both the cowboy and the gangster in equal measure.

It was about time for another set of Fast Passes, so we figured we better head over to Pixar Place to nab some for Toy Story Mania. I don’t remember the exact return time, but I think it was around 6:00. That was fine with us since we knew we would be back in the evening.

As we walked by a toy soldier, Connor piped up with words I very seldom hear anymore.

“Can I get my picture made with him?”

Yes, yes, yes!

He went to stand over to the side to wait his turn when the Toy Soldier yelled at him, “Hey, Toy Story! Come over here! You can’t have me on your shirt and not be recruited.”

Apparently the Toy Soldier was running some training drills and was recruiting for his team.

He had them line up.

Do some jumping jacks.

Practice their toy soldier stances.

Salute.

And take the Toy Soldier oath.

At the end the Toy Soldier posed with each child.

Watching the Toy Soldier put Connor and the other children through their paces was one of the highlights of the trip for me.

UP NEXT: We do a never-done!
Old 11-23-2010, 09:46 AM   #1461
If U Had Wings
DIS Veteran

I love rollercoasters and I'd be scared for life if I got stuck on one. One of my trips to Disney I talked to a guy who had once been stuck on Space Mountain for an hour. I'm glad that your family didn't get stuck.

Hockety Pockety Wockety Wack a Tale of a Trip from the Back of the Pack

Ferb, I Know What We're Going to Do Today! 12/5-12/1213.1 Before I hit 40 - A New PTR
Old 11-23-2010, 10:10 AM   #1462
lauren5406
Mouseketeer

Stumbled on your trip report and would like to join the party. Hope that's alright!

I must say though - in the last 4 years I would estimate we've ridden the GMR a dozen times and we have NEVER gotten hijacked by the cowboy.
2011 - May (2), September, November, December 2012 - January, May
Me DSis DN (6) Lola Sandy Winchester Lilla Alice Miss Ippi
SPAY AND NEUTER
APOPT - DON'T BUY WHILE SHELTER PETS DIE
Old 11-23-2010, 11:18 AM   #1463
reelmom
If I don't get tagged, I am gonna hold my breath until I am blue!
Didn't work. The tag turned blue instead!

I love how serious Connor took his tasks.
Old 11-23-2010, 11:34 AM   #1464
Poolrat
DIS Veteran

So glad Connor got the full " toy soldier" experience. I love how that little extra happens on Pixar Place.
POOLRAT PATI am a Disney Dork. 75- Contemporary,77- offsite Hyatt,86- offsite 1 day trip,88- offsite 1 day trip,98- Contemporary w/kids,01- All Stars Movies,05- Boardwalk,06- Coronado,07- Carribbean Beach,08- Beach Club,Oct 09 - POP/Coronado, Dec09/Jan 10 ASMu/ CSR , July '10-POP, Sept '10 POFQ,Oct '10 2X for F&W @ POP Oct'11-ASSp Dec '11-DVC SSR/AKL July '12- BCV, Sept '12- DL, Oct '12- BCV, Dec'12-POP Jan '13- OKW May '13-BWV Oct '13- BCV DEC '13- BCV MT- POP Aug 14- VWL Oct '14-DL?Can't wait to go back
Old 11-23-2010, 11:36 AM   #1465
Lady Lallie
DIS Veteran

What a wonderful morning in DHS so far.

I worry about getting stuck on a thrill ride at Disney, not that I ride many of them but still. The prospect scares the crap out of me.

I love the pictures of Connor with the solider, I have seen them doing that little boot camp and it's so cute!
Old 11-23-2010, 11:52 AM   #1466
Lovemy3babes
Is always in need to get herself and her children back to our "Happy Place"!

What fun Connor had with the Toy Soldier. I love the little things that Disney does like that! The smile the solider is giving at the end is hilarious.

We too have gotten both the gangster and cowboy both equally.

Just me and my girl…a very special 13th Birthday trip!
(updated 2/20/14)

(Hoping for pixie dust to make this happen!)
Old 11-23-2010, 12:39 PM   #1467
Cat0727
I am used to crowds and yielding to others all the time

In all the GMR rides I can remember we've never seen the cowboy, it's always been the gangster for some reason.

Fun experience Connor had with the Toy Soldiers. They seem like a hoot!
Old 11-23-2010, 04:32 PM   #1468
jenjolt
Loves All Things Disney!

What a great continuation of your DHS day!!! WOOT WOOT for the cowboy!!!! I have seen the cowboy only twice, didn't even believe that side existed!!! LOL!!

Love Connor's interaction with the Toy Soldier!! He looked very serious and looked like he had a lot of fun!! Love the photo of him and the soldier!!!

Can't wait for more!!!

My Magical Trips to Disney:6/2012,1/2012,10/2011, 6/2011, 5/2011, 1/2011, 5/2010, 1/2010, 10/2009, 5/2009,
1/2009, 3/2007, 5/2005 , 10/1992: First Trip to Disney (Thanks Dad!)
Old 11-23-2010, 04:49 PM   #1469
MegansMom
Always Ready to Go Back with my "Minnie" Megan Mouse!

I so love the past two updates!!! Even though the day may have started with a "late" start, it sounds like you were having a great time! I love the part about Charles falling asleep......SO shocked! :O Hee hee hee!

June 2012 PTR--click here! July 2011 PTR-- click here! September 2009 PTR/TR --click here!June 2008 PTR/TR---click here!
Past Trips: 1978:Offsite 1980:Offsite 1982: Poly 1987: Poly 1992:Dixie Landings May 2001:Offsite Sep 2006: BWV Nov 2007:CSR/SSR June 2008: OKW Sep 2009: POFQ July 2011: AKV June 2012: OKW!!!
DH (36) ME (35) DD(8)
Old 11-23-2010, 04:59 PM   #1470
vamassey1
DIS Veteran

What fun! I love that Connor got recruited. It's the little things like that, that make Disney so special.

Is Connor ready to enlist now?

April 83- Choir trip offsite
Sept 99- Hilton Hotel Plaza
March 02-Movies
Thanksgiving 02-Marriott Hotel Plaza
Mardi Gras 04-Movies
New Years 06-POP
May 07-POP
June 09-POP
Mardi Gras 10-POFQ
Mardi Gras 12-PORS

Rate This Thread