Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-21-2010, 09:38 AM   #1441
Poolrat
DIS Veteran

Glad you made to DHS early. WHAT NO BO or LACK OF BO Picture????

I am thinking he wasn't there.

I really, really tried to get CM Karen and Walt to make sure he was back for Chelsea.

I am glad everyone was OKay with waiting for RnR while the ride was checked out. I know for some, that would a sign to skip it and let others be the first ride after a malfunction.
POOLRAT PATI am a Disney Dork. 75- Contemporary,77- offsite Hyatt,86- offsite 1 day trip,88- offsite 1 day trip,98- Contemporary w/kids,01- All Stars Movies,05- Boardwalk,06- Coronado,07- Carribbean Beach,08- Beach Club,Oct 09 - POP/Coronado, Dec09/Jan 10 ASMu/ CSR , July '10-POP, Sept '10 POFQ,Oct '10 2X for F&W @ POP Oct'11-ASSp Dec '11-DVC SSR/AKL July '12- BCV, Sept '12- DL, Oct '12- BCV, Dec'12-POP Jan '13- OKW May '13-BWV Oct '13- BCV DEC '13- BCV May14-POP Aug 14- VWL Oct '14-DL
Can't wait to go back
Old 11-21-2010, 10:22 AM   #1442
wigdoutdismom
DIS Veteran

Just the thought of hanging upside down gives me the twinges of a headache! Wouldn't that be awful?
NOW I'll be thinking about that the next time we ride!

Ahhhh, TOT one of my very favorites! I so hope you rode it!
Register to remove

Old 11-21-2010, 11:58 AM   #1443
disneyfan61
DIS Veteran

So did you book that May trip yet?? Book book book

I haven't even booked it yet. Just airline tickets but will probably call tonight as I can make ADR's on Tuesday Our week is blacked out though for free dining so I will only be making a few ADR's.

I had the same thought of them upside down on RNR when I started reading your update Glad they were waiting to board. I love that ride!!
Old 11-21-2010, 02:24 PM   #1444
klacey1
DIS Veteran

Ahhh, I would have been terrified to be stuck ON the ride! Glad your family wasn't and they enjoyed their ride!
Old 11-21-2010, 02:29 PM   #1445
Lovemy3babes
Is always in need to get herself and her children back to our "Happy Place"!

One good thing about not running to TSM is you avoid the crazy stampede. I love getting on early in the morning but do not care for the crowd.

Glad they weren't stuck on RNR. I love the ride but that might be a little scary.

Just me and my girl…a very special 13th Birthday trip!
(updated 2/20/14)
Old 11-21-2010, 02:34 PM   #1446
IheartDDuck
DIS Veteran

Wow, I would have been worried too if my family didn't come through when they should have.

I love that you leisurely stroll while they run to the ride first. I think it's a good way to get pictures along the way without feeling rushed.
Old 11-21-2010, 03:13 PM   #1447
reelmom
If I don't get tagged, I am gonna hold my breath until I am blue!
Didn't work. The tag turned blue instead!

ToT and RNR are on our to do list in June. None of us have ridden either one. I managed to ride EE for the first time last trip. Not sure if I will be able to ride the other two.
Old 11-21-2010, 03:35 PM   #1448
Native NYer
DIS Veteran

Charles, Chelsea, and Connor were brave. I would not have got on a coaster that was having trouble

You got the cowboy on GMR? I ALWAYS get the gangster.

I hope you're enjoying Thanksgiving break! We have 2 full days and a half day on Wednesday. I hope I can come down off my Disney high and teach tomorrow

Old 11-21-2010, 04:24 PM   #1449
TheThomsLuvDisney
DIS Veteran

Great update!! The warm weather sounds awesome as I'm reading your TR and watching the snow fall outside my window! We leave in 68 days, I hope we get a little of that sunny weather.

DCL Feb 2014 Fantasy Eastern~SSR
DCL Feb 2013 Fantasy Western~BLT
Aulani April 2012
DCL Feb 2011 Dream B2B~AKL
DCL Jan 2010 Magical Eastern~CBR
DCL Jan 2008 Magical Western~SSR
DCL Jan 2006 Magical Western~POP
DCL Jan 2005 Magical Eastern~WL
DCL Jan 1999 7 Day Land/Sea~POFQ
Old 11-21-2010, 07:19 PM   #1450
Happy Elf
DIS Veteran

Love the picture! I may have lol a little at the look on Charles' face. I would have been scared silly until I knew my family was safe.

Our July 2011 TR: Surf, Sun, and Big Family FUN! Our July 2011 PTR: Big Family Fun...Hopefully!
Our 2009 PTR: Twice the Excitement, Twice the Fun Our 2009 TR:Plans Change with a 4 year old!

Honeymoon-Yacht Club July 2001 All Star Movies July 2003 Hannah's First Trip-All Star Movies September 2006 Owen's First Trip-Pop Century June 2009 Our 10 year Anniversary - Caribbean Beach July 2011
Old 11-21-2010, 08:05 PM   #1451
vamassey1
DIS Veteran

Yeah for making rope drop! I skip RNC too. I'm glad your group enjoyed it and didn't get stuck. I'm with Anita, I can just feel the headache if i were ever stuck upside down. I usually walk around and take pictures while the others ride.

April 83- Choir trip offsite
Sept 99- Hilton Hotel Plaza
March 02-Movies
Thanksgiving 02-Marriott Hotel Plaza
Mardi Gras 04-Movies
New Years 06-POP
May 07-POP
June 09-POP
Mardi Gras 10-POFQ
Mardi Gras 12-PORS
Old 11-21-2010, 10:00 PM   #1452
Happydog
DIS Veteran

Hey! Great update! Loved it! Some nice pics of this and that at DHS. Glad your crew was not stranded on the ride, that would have been frustrating I am sure!! Did you guys end up riding TSM? I am sure that will be part of the next post! Lucky duck that you get this week off!!! Enjoy it!

I will be catching up this week, too. Have to. We are leaving a week from today to head down to Disney and Universal before the training in St. Pete's!

I will be thinking of you as I drag myself through two more days of work!!!!

Twas the Night BEFORE Christmas 09?!PTR! Ho Ho Ho!Away we go!A WDW Christmas 09 TR! All aboard a WONDERful TR! Boo to YOU! Sept 09 TR
WDW 4th of July 09 PTR!I Want to Ride the Cotton Ball! July 4th 09 TR!Snow, Savannah, & NO School! Feb '10 TR Christmas fix MVMCP 2010 TR
One Family, One Year - a June '10 PTR The Ingredients for Pixie Dust - June '10 TR Disney-Landing Halloween - a Halloween '10 PTR/TR
Dream for two - Feb '11 TRSummer of Sea and Shore - June '11 PTR Strapping Turtles on our Feet! - June/July '11 TR
MY MAGICal Black Friday Thanksgiving Cruise - Nov '11 PTR/TR

Oct 2000 - Disney Magic 7 night cruise * Oct '03 - Contemporary * Oct '05 - WLV * Nov '08 - SSR * June/July '09 - OKW * Sept '09 - CBR * Dec '09 - BCV * Feb '10 - AKL * Feb '10 - Disney Wonder 3 night Cruise/Disney HH * June '10 - BLT/BCV * Oct '10 - Grand Californian * Dec '10 AKV - Kidani * February '11 - Disney Dream 4 night cruise/BLT * June '11 - Disney Dream 5 night cruise/Disney's Vero Beach/Ft. Wilderness/AKL Jambo * Oct '11 - WLV/SSR * Nov '11 Disney Magic 7 night cruise * February '12 - Disney Dream 4 night cruise/AKL Jambo * June/July '12 - BCV/WLV * Nov '12 Disney Fantasy 7 night cruise * July '13 AKV - Jambo * Sept '13 - AOA * Oct '13 - F & W SSR * Jan '14 AKV - Kidani * June '14 - BLT * August '14 Aulani * Halloween '14 Disney Wonder 5 night cruise * January '15 Disney Fantasy 7 night cruise * April '15 Disneyland resort *
Old 11-22-2010, 07:30 AM   #1453
carissanboys
DIS Veteran

I found it awfully difficult to smile during that crazy take off! Glad they weren't stuck on it.

**NEW TR** S.O.C.K. and Stitch Return to the World with a Dog
Old 11-22-2010, 07:38 AM   #1454
Charleston Princess
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenjolt View Post
WOOT WOOT a Jackie update!!! Yay for surviving until Thanksgiving! I'm out of the classroom tomorrow (poor sub LOL) however my students have a test they are taking so that should keep them pretty mellow!!!!
Only a couple more days before you can enjoy your break!

Quote:
YAY for not getting stuck upside down in the loop!!!!!! Glad they enjoyed their ride! While I will consider TOT, I'm not a huge fan of RnRC been on it a few times but I get whiplash so bad I just skip it now LOL!!!!
I have never been on it, and I don't plan to remedy that EVER.

Quote:
OOOH bracelets, I love Disney bracelets!!!
I took a picture of it for the end-of-day souvenir post.

Quote:
OOOOH cowboy....did you get the cowboy...why oh why does everyone get the cowboy but me LOL!!!! Speaking of GMR had the weirdest dream about that ride last night and new things they did to it.....was quite distressing LOL!!!!
Oh, I would find a dream like that quite distressing, too.

We did get the cowboy. LOL!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TarzansKat View Post
Thank goodness, they weren't stuck hanging upside down. That image to me is absolutely terrifying. I'm such a wuss.
Me too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TarzansKat View Post
Sounds like a nice leisurely stroll. I'm so tickled at the cowboy reference if it means what I think it means....
If you think it means a reference to the GMR, then you are correct.

Quote:
Originally Posted by micandminforever View Post
Great start on your DHS day with rope drop, and an adventure with a cowboy. Have a Thanksgiving week off.
Thanks! Have a great Thanksgiving yourself!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mndisneygirl View Post
Oh - man, I felt your panic in that chapter!! I'm glad they didn't get stuck upside down.
I am bad about worrying like that.

Quote:
I have NEVER had the cowboy!!! I think I posted somewhere that my DH did not believe that there was a second version with the cowboy. So we asked the CM in front of the building and they confirmed. I gave him a big "I told you my DIS friends know things"! Next time I'm going to have to ask for it specifically.
We have had both the cowboy and the gangster on numerous occasions.

Quote:
Do you ride ToT Jackie?? I'd have to pass on that one. I save a lot of time in the parks by not going on a lot of headliner rides. My family is a bunch of babies. The biggest thing we've done is BTMRR. The kids love it now, so I'm sure we'll keep that one going. Maybe as they get older, they'll get braver. I am getting less brave with age. I used to go on all kinds of coasters - before having kids. I think it does something to one's equilibrium or something that I can't tolerate it as well.
I am the only ride wuss in the family anymore, but that's okay with me. It gives me a chance for some alone time (which usually means shopping).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poolrat View Post
Glad you made to DHS early. WHAT NO BO or LACK OF BO Picture????

I am thinking he wasn't there.

I really, really tried to get CM Karen and Walt to make sure he was back for Chelsea.
The Bo Saga is for a different update.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poolrat View Post
I am glad everyone was OKay with waiting for RnR while the ride was checked out. I know for some, that would a sign to skip it and let others be the first ride after a malfunction.
It would have been a sign for me to skip it, that's for sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wigdoutdismom View Post
Just the thought of hanging upside down gives me the twinges of a headache! Wouldn't that be awful?
NOW I'll be thinking about that the next time we ride!
I am only too good at conjuring up terrifying images in my mind. It's my inner Piglet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wigdoutdismom View Post
Ahhhh, TOT one of my very favorites! I so hope you rode it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneyfan61 View Post
So did you book that May trip yet?? Book book book

Quote:
I haven't even booked it yet. Just airline tickets but will probably call tonight as I can make ADR's on Tuesday Our week is blacked out though for free dining so I will only be making a few ADR's.
Did you call last night?

Quote:
I had the same thought of them upside down on RNR when I started reading your update Glad they were waiting to board. I love that ride!!
It would be the worst place imaginable to me to be stuck on that ride.

Quote:
Originally Posted by klacey1 View Post
Ahhh, I would have been terrified to be stuck ON the ride! Glad your family wasn't and they enjoyed their ride!
No kidding! I would not want any of them to experience that!
Old 11-22-2010, 07:54 AM   #1455
Charleston Princess
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovemy3babes View Post
One good thing about not running to TSM is you avoid the crazy stampede. I love getting on early in the morning but do not care for the crowd.

Glad they weren't stuck on RNR. I love the ride but that might be a little scary.
Yes, avoiding the stampede was nice!

I just could not imagine where they were! It was very worrying!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IheartDDuck View Post
Wow, I would have been worried too if my family didn't come through when they should have.

I love that you leisurely stroll while they run to the ride first. I think it's a good way to get pictures along the way without feeling rushed.
It was a bit disconcerting watching all those empty cars arrive and the CMs checking them all out.

It was lovely to just meander along enjoying DHS in the early morning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by reelmom View Post
ToT and RNR are on our to do list in June. None of us have ridden either one. I managed to ride EE for the first time last trip. Not sure if I will be able to ride the other two.
My family recommends both of them!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Native NYer View Post
Charles, Chelsea, and Connor were brave. I would not have got on a coaster that was having trouble

You got the cowboy on GMR? I ALWAYS get the gangster.
It's always about half and half with us as far as the cowboy and gangster go.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Native NYer View Post
I hope you're enjoying Thanksgiving break! We have 2 full days and a half day on Wednesday. I hope I can come down off my Disney high and teach tomorrow
Did you have a wonderful time??? Were you able to hit the parks much?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheThomsLuvDisney View Post
Great update!! The warm weather sounds awesome as I'm reading your TR and watching the snow fall outside my window! We leave in 68 days, I hope we get a little of that sunny weather.
Sunny Florida weather would be lovely right now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy Elf View Post
Love the picture! I may have lol a little at the look on Charles' face. I would have been scared silly until I knew my family was safe.
Yes, he doesn't look like he is having a very good time, does he?

Quote:
Originally Posted by vamassey1 View Post
Yeah for making rope drop! I skip RNC too. I'm glad your group enjoyed it and didn't get stuck. I'm with Anita, I can just feel the headache if i were ever stuck upside down. I usually walk around and take pictures while the others ride.
That's exactly what I did! It was nice to not have to rush and just enjoy everything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happydog View Post
Hey! Great update! Loved it! Some nice pics of this and that at DHS. Glad your crew was not stranded on the ride, that would have been frustrating I am sure!! Did you guys end up riding TSM? I am sure that will be part of the next post! Lucky duck that you get this week off!!! Enjoy it!
Oh, yes! We did ride TSM later in the day. No trip to DHS would have been complete without it. I am definitely enjoying the week off. It's so nice to not feel like I have to cram everything into the weekend.

Quote:
I will be catching up this week, too. Have to. We are leaving a week from today to head down to Disney and Universal before the training in St. Pete's!
Can't believe you are only a week away from another Disney trip! Lucky!

Quote:
I will be thinking of you as I drag myself through two more days of work!!!!
Hang in there! You can do it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by carissanboys View Post
I found it awfully difficult to smile during that crazy take off! Glad they weren't stuck on it.
They all loved their ride once it started working!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: