Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-18-2010, 09:05 AM   #1426
If U Had Wings
DIS Veteran

I love the pictures from the parade. I felt the same way watching it in October. I really felt transported back to when I was a kid. It was wonderful. The crowd really seems to be enjoying it too.

Connors facial expressions continue to crack me up. He's just too funny.

Hockety Pockety Wockety Wack a Tale of a Trip from the Back of the Pack

Ferb, I Know What We're Going to Do Today! 12/5-12/1213.1 Before I hit 40 - A New PTR
Old 11-20-2010, 06:08 AM   #1427
Charleston Princess
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jillyb View Post
Very nice evening in the MK! I love Connor's "moth" picture and the Splash pic!
It was such a lovely evening!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mndisneygirl View Post
What a fun night and kudos to the family for the Triple Mountain Whammy!! So glad you got to see your beloved MSEP!!
I had to chuckle at Charles' announcing he wanted a dole whip!!
He was embracing all things Disney on this past trip!

Quote:
Sarah just had to have one of those balloons on our last trip too! She named it Allie and she declared Allie her new best friend. It survived our stay at the beach and had to be , um, put to rest before we flew home.
Chelsea treated her balloon like a member of the family, too, and she is 13. It lasted about a month after we got home.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisMomAmy View Post
What a fun night at MK!! I only saw glimpses of the parade on my fall girls weekend but I'm really looking forward to seeing it in full in January!! And hopefully again in March!
It is an awesome parade! Definitely my favorite of them all!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Native NYer View Post
What a fantastic MK evening!
MSEP is the best. It brings back memories for me as well. While Spectro is great too, there's just something special about the MSEP.
Those balloons are hard to resist. Chelsea looks so happy with hers
MSEP will always be my favorite parade!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryAz View Post
Looks like a fun MK evening!! I also wathced the ELP growing up. I must admit though, I like Spectro better. Glad everyone had a great time.
It was just a wonderful night for us from start to finish.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roxychica7 View Post
Triple Mountain Whammy..I can just hear Stacey's annoying voice right now Love it! Way to go Connor!
We will probably never accomplish that Triple Mountain Whammy again! Connor was very proud of himself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roxychica7 View Post
I've never seen the Electrical Parade,I have the opening song on my ipod, but boy does it look cool! Love love Pete's Dragon!!
Elliott was always my favorite part of the parade. He seemed so big to me at three years old, and I was in awe that he "disappeared" during it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenjolt View Post
Jackie awesome update!! Thank you for sharing your love of MSEP! I am really hoping it is going to be around in January so I can see it!!!! I too love the music!!!!!!
There is just something about the parade that makes me jump up and down with excitement. LOL!

Quote:
Connor's moth to the lights look LOL priceless!!
When he showed me that look, I had to grab the camera.

Quote:
Another amazing evening with the CP clan!!! WOOT WOOT!
It was such a great evening for us.

Quote:
How things going with School...ready for Thanksgiving???
We made it to the break, thank goodness. I wasn't sure if I would survive or not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheThomsLuvDisney View Post
I also LOVE that parade, I could hear the music in my head while looking at your pictures, thanks for the memories!
You're welcome. That parade music just screams Disney to me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by micandminforever View Post
I love the parade pictures. They bring back great memories of past visit to Magic Kingdom. I miss the blue fairy leading the parade, I guess Tink is more Disney now.

As always great pictures of Connor and Chelsea, and their various expressions.
That's right! I had completely forgotten that the Blue Fairy used to lead the parade!

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneydreamingdebby View Post
I found it amusing that Chelsea wanted a balloon and saw a cute boy in a couple of hours; poor, poor mom - the little girl is leaving!
I know -- it makes me sad sometimes.

Quote:
Connor's poses are great, but not as terrific as his sayings!
His Connor-isms keep us laughing.

Quote:
Looks like a great night!
It was everything I had wished for and more!

Quote:
PS I have to correct my statement earlier. Apparently, my girls have had Mickey Mouse bars...I relived my trip last night by reading my trip report and there it was in print--not pictures though, so maybe they had Itzakadoozie Ice Pops instead.
I do that a lot, too, where I forget something until I read my notes.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-20-2010, 06:23 AM   #1428
Charleston Princess
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovemy3babes View Post
Yay Jackie!! You got to see your beloved parade. I'm so happy for you! Did the family love it as much as you do?
They enjoyed it, but I don't know if they loved it as much as I do!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovemy3babes View Post
The Triple Mountain Whammy rocks! And watching Wishes while eating a Dole Whip is seriously the best idea ever. What an awesome night you all had!!!
It was my favorite night of the trip.

Quote:
Originally Posted by englishrose47 View Post
Fun Times at MK !!I saw MainStreet Electric Parade for the first time last month!!! I loved it but my heart still belongs to Spectro!!!! My pix did turn out fairly good though!!!
I think I love the MSEP as much as I do because of the number of times I saw it as a child.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeMom View Post
I'm thinking there should be a Triple Mountain Whammy t-shirt and pin.
A pin! Definitely a pin!

Quote:
I like Main Street Electrical Parade, and one can't help put love Elliott, but I'm more of a Spectro fan, too, like Mary. When I hear 'On this magic night....' start up, I just get an incredible feeling of happiness. It will be interesting to see what other parades lie ahead for us and which ones our kids and grandkids end up developing a fondness for.
That's the way I feel when I hear that opening music for MSEP. It just makes me all tingly, teary-eyed, and excited all at the same time.

Quote:
I know seeing the parade was a highlight for you, and I think back to when you thought you were not going to get a chance to see it. I'm glad that 'magic night' happened for you and your family.
I think that parade was the number one reason we went this summer -- I just couldn't pass up the chance to see it again.

Quote:
Maybe Chelsea should have gone over and talked to Cute Boy.
That's what I said! You should see all the pictures she tried to take of him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poolrat View Post
I am having my share of withdrawals myself. I "see" or "hear" disney references every day.
I was advising a potential new hire on where to take her drug test and it was across town. So as I say ..."but it is all the way across town" I hear myself wanting to say " But I got you a real fast car" Which the one of the last lines in the RnR preshow before they send you out to the alley for the ride queue.

Driving home I saw a car with the license plate &B3OND. Then I look up and across the trunk is the make of the car.... INFINITY

INFINITY & BEYOND

I tried to take a picture of it but another car cut in front of me.

I see Hidden Mickey's and Disney references everywhere!!! I guess it will just have to keep my busy since I do not have a trip planned for anytime soon.<sniff sniff>
I am so glad I am not the only one who seems to be surrounded by subliminal messages from Disney to book a trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IheartDDuck View Post
I'm hopping on board! I've lurked on your other reports, but now I'm ready to join the fun!

I love the pictures of the MSEP. It so reminds me of my childhood, because when we first used to go to the world, that was the only parade we would watch.
Welcome!!! I am so glad you decided to post!

I don't remember ever seeing any other parades except MSEP, but we watched it on every trip -- probably because I whined until I got my way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneyfan61 View Post
Love your pics of the Electric Parade. I have never seen it but looking forward to it as it is listed on the schedule in May. I hate to say it but kinda sick of Spectro & was hoping they would still be showing EP in May.
I hope it is still there when we make our way down there again!

Quote:
Connor & his "moth" pic
He just can't help but pose. LOL!

Quote:
The pic of Chelsea & her balloon is very cute.
Do you know that is the first Disney balloon ever purchased in my family??? I always wanted one as a kid, but my parents would never buy one. Of course, now that I am older, I understand why my mom would say no -- after all, for that much money, it doesn't last that long. Chelsea spent her own money on that balloon and was as happy as a clam with it.

Quote:
Ah riding Splash, EP & fireworks then a Dole Whip...What a great night!!
It was awesome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vamassey1 View Post
Yeah for riding all the mountains and double yeah for catching the parade. I haven't seen it since I was in High School and went for the very first time. You got some really great pictures. Love the Dole Whip break. It's so nice to know that Chelsea still has some little girl in her and not afraid to let it out. A balloon is such a nice treat. Danielle likes balloons but from afar. She hates the loud sound when they pop so she keeps her distance. A mylar balloon would be okay, they just slowly leak.
Both my kids love balloons, but I have to confess they have always driven me nuts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vamassey1 View Post
Rope Drop or bust!
Well, that was the idea...

Quote:
Back in July, I said I would be just fine without a holiday trip. We'd have the nice summer trip, a quick little October trip, and then we'd be so busy through the winter, we wouldn't think about it again until March.

Yeah...so not right!
The more I see Christmas decoration pictures people are already showing, I'm dying to get in the car and drive ten hours south just to walk through DTD. I could be okay not even going into a park.

I think.

Maybe I'd have to go to Animal Kingdom.

See?

It's a problem.

I'm already eating my PBJ sandwiches in the dark to save enough money to go in March, and I have the nerve to think about going at Christmas.

It is most ridiculous.

But it is what it is.
I long (yearn could be a better word) to see those decorations and just feel that special Disney Christmas atmosphere.

I need some medication.

I laughed out loud over your eating PB&J in the dark comment. I had to read it out loud to Charles because at our house I am always threatening to put us on a diet of pinto beans and cornbread so we can afford to go to Disney more often. After all, you can't beat $1.32 for a bag of pinto beans.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happydog View Post
Jackie I just love love those parade photos! Just like others I agree, it takes you right back!!! I am really excited to see your DHS day, but really enjoyed your Magical evening at the Magical Kingdom! So much fun. Great last view of the castle!!!
Out of all the parks, I think Magic Kingdom is the one I love the most at night. Our evening there was just perfect in my opinion. I was a little sad we never made it over to Fantasyland on this trip, but there is always next time.

Quote:
I really had a great time reliving that parade with you. it was fun!!! I have that ring tone on my phone -- my DH says I am crazy. I say I like what I like
Charles always makes fun of me when I play our CD in the car.

Quote:
The necklace was too cute! We have never gotten a balloon, but each time I see they CMs walking around with them, I keep thinking HOW festive they are!!!!
Those big bunches of balloons on Main Street are just iconic Disney, aren't they?

Quote:
ON another note.. Oh I know Starwars weekend would be IT, but I have to sit on my hands for now!

Can't wait to see your next summer day of fun!
Well, you know, December 20 is the last day to book for free dining...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy Elf View Post
Loved seeing your MSEP pictures! Been gone for awhile, so I'm off to catch up!
Thanks! Welcome back to the DIS!!! I haven't been on for about three days and was going through some serious DIS withdrawal.
Old 11-20-2010, 06:36 AM   #1429
Charleston Princess
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Oh MeMom! I feel your pain! DH just said this morning that with all the Christmas stuff out now, he misses Christmas at Disney and wants to go again! I have to go eat Ramen in the dark so I can save up.
I want to go at Christmas again, too. There is no place like it!

Quote:
I wish it were only at 10 hour drive. It would be tough to keep us from going three or four times a year! That's nothing for us!
Imagine being only eight-hours away! I think that is why every time I think about possible trips, Disney is so appealing. Who can resist all that magic just down the interstate? Not me!

Quote:
I need to find a ticker for our March trip - maybe that will make me feel better. Flower and Garden will be fun. Of course, Christmas is coming so much sooner... SIGH.
Just think, though -- March will be here very, very soon! Have you ever gone during the Flower and Garden Festival? It's just gorgeous!

Quote:
Jackie, are you planning on going for SWW in May or June?
I'm considering surprising my nephew with a trip over Memorial Day weekend. Is that usually a SWW?
We would be going May 27 -- June 2. It is usually a SWW.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottny View Post
So glad she got her camera back. (I am really far behind).
Disney Magic at its best!

Quote:
Le Cellier is good but I feel over-rated.
We kind of felt like that, too, but thoroughly enjoyed our cheddar cheese soup.

Quote:
I saw lots of kids doing Kim Possible when we were there. Do adults do it?
Oh, yes! It is very cute -- you should try it at least once.

Quote:
Nice souvenirs.
Love Dinoland. Actually I love AK.
I love walking the trails. Too bad the tigers were sleeping.
We had Yak & Yeti too, oh wait need to save it for my tr. LOL
Disgusting she brushed her there at the table.
Animal Kingdom is so wonderful! I just love, love, love the theming.

I just couldn't believe someone was doing that at the table!

Quote:
Love the Star Wars stuff for birthday.
We are such huge Star Wars fans at our house!

Quote:
Great animal shots when u returned back.
Great safari pics. That darn lion is always sleeping when I go.
The meerkat is adorable. Sadly they were not our when we went. I loved "Meerkat manor".
We loved Meerkat Manor at our house, too! I cried buckets more than once while watching it.

Quote:
The sugar cane mojito looked good.
Good, but a little on the sweet side.

Quote:
I have never seen the opening show at MK or any park.
You need to make the opening show at the MK a must-do one day -- it's so cute!

Quote:
I want a haircut there.
Oh, you totally should!

Quote:
CP is such great place for breakfast.
Good for the CM saying something to the tour group.
It made them be quiet and for that, we were all very thankful!

Quote:
30 minute wait for HM? I have seen 90 minutes. SCARY
A 90-minute wait for the Haunted Mansion is scarier to me than any of the ghosts in there!

Quote:
MMMM, Mickey ice cream bar.
Nice MSEP pics. Wait till to read about our time seeing it.
I am all caught up. Great tr and pics.
Thanks! Hmmm, why am I nervous about your time seeing the MSEP???

Quote:
I am maybe going then too.
We could have a DIS meet on Star Tours!!!

Quote:
Looks like there will be quite a few DISers there. Hmmm, I think a GG slushie meet might be in order.
I am all for it!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
Fun, fun update with wonderful pictures of the ELP. I must confess that I did not get to see it in September, so I really enjoyed your pictures. Its such a festive parade.
I am so sad you didn't get to see it.

Quote:
to your Splash Mountain ride pic. I didn't even realize you were sitting there. But I went back and looked and saw the tip of your head.
You know me, I have to hide my eyes on the scary parts of rides.

Quote:
Chelsea looks so pleased with your balloon. Love her t-shirt.

Stop by my TR and say hello (hint hint).
She was very pleased! I have been a bad DISer lately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flossbolna View Post
Wonderful update! Sounds like a succesful evening for everyone! I love the last picture of Chelsea with her balloon. Everything is clear, but the balloon is a bit blurry - like it was just an imagination!
Thanks! That balloon would not hold still for the picture.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TarzansKat View Post
I get chills looking at the pictures of the parade! Thank you so much for posting them. Capping the evening off with a Dole Whip sounds good to me!

Btw, Chelsea looks so cute in that tank top!
Thanks! I wish you could have heard the cheer that went up when the parade music started! It absolutely brought tears to my eyes to think I was surrounded by people who loved the parade as much as I do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Lallie View Post
I'm so happy you were able to relive your childhood.
I highly recommend reliving childhood memories as much as possible. LOL!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Lallie View Post
Did you buy the awesome Eliott pin they were selling at Disney? I thought it was a very pretty pin!
I did! I actually bought it before we left on eBay. I didn't want to get down there and be unable to find it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mousescrapper View Post
great MK night....I just loved seeing your MSEP pix...I don't recall seeing this as a child the one time we went to WDW, I know some "light" parade was going on at DL when we were leaving when we went that when I was a teen...so I feel next Sunday night will be my first MSEP experience. I love Spectro, so I am very EXCITED. thanks for sharing
Hi, Julie! You are only one day away from seeing the parade!
Old 11-20-2010, 06:43 AM   #1430
Charleston Princess
DIS Veteran

Quote:
We will be there too. Well we will be there on Saturday of Memorial Weekend. We are coming back home on Sunday.
You are all making me want to book our trip today! LOL!

Quote:
Originally Posted by manntra View Post
Phew!! Catching up is hard to do!
Ohhhh the MSEP.....wasn't it wonderful and just as you remembered it? I kept taking pictures on my phone to send to my parents to see if they recognized any of them Too, too funny about Connor and the moth to the flame reference
Love your SM picture of you ducking!! Congratulations to the family on the triple whammy mountain feat

Tracy
It was just like I remembered it! I loved every minute of it!!!

I don't think I have actually ever held my head up for that drop. LOL!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DWGal210 View Post
Hi Jackie! What a great night at the parade!! I'm
so glad you got to do it.
Your kids just crack me up.... What fun they are!
Thanks! And thank you for the wonderful postcard you sent Chelsea and Connor! Did you have a great trip?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hollisterluva92 View Post
Great update Jackie!!!!!!!
I love Chelsea's balloon!!! I wanted to buy one so bad when I was there in April, but I couldn't justify spending the money! Next trip for sure! I am so totally craving a dole whip now! I tried one for the first time back in April and I think i'm in love! As for the main street electrical parade, I've never seen it in person I love the music though! I get to hear it every day when I listen to my daily dose of the Dis Radio! My mom made fun of me when we went on Splash Mountain and I sang along! I can't help it, it's my favorite ride!!! When we saw the fireworks we were sitting at Pinnochio's Village Haus in that upper porch part! It was a great seat! I was able to set my camera up on my tripod and set it on the table and I got some amazing shots! I totally reccomend that to everyone who needs a good viewing spot! I was watching the parade at mk when I pointed out a cute guy to my mom and her word's were "God, can you ever NOT point out cute guys?" And we proceeded to laugh until we almost cried! Thanks for the update! Oh and if you were wondering who friended you on facebook, it was me!
Dole Whips are the best!!! Splash Mountain always makes me sing, too! It is just that kind of ride!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poolrat View Post

If I ever get through my Oct trip the New Year's trip is next so hang in there but all I can provide is pictures.
I am trying to figure a way to get back to WDW but I have yet to convince myself ( much less people around me ) that it must be done.

We shall survive, I am not sure how but we will. It will make the next holiday trip that much better.
At least we are in good company, Poolrat, while we are waiting for the next time we see the Castle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegansMom View Post
Still here reading along.....there are NO words for how much I loved those pictures of the parade! I whipped out my old record to listen to because the pictures made me SO reminiscent!!!!
Oh, yes! Do you know I had to listen to the parade after I posted the pictures! I couldn't help myself! LOL!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGICFOR2 View Post
What a perfectly magical night in MK! I love the ELP! We saw it at DL the last year it ran, and I have the VHS tape - I love that music! My favorites are the snails and butterflies! Connor is so entertaining with his different "faces." Glad he conquered the mountains!!
Oh, a VHS tape would be so great!!! Connor was very proud of himself for riding Space Mountain and Splash Mountain. Big Thunder has never bothered him for some reason.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGICFOR2 View Post
I love Chelsea's choice of balloon! So classic! I loved getting DGS the same balloon I had bought his Daddy 19 years before!
Ahhh, that is the BEST!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by If U Had Wings View Post
I love the pictures from the parade. I felt the same way watching it in October. I really felt transported back to when I was a kid. It was wonderful. The crowd really seems to be enjoying it too.

Connors facial expressions continue to crack me up. He's just too funny.
The crowd's reaction was almost as great as the parade itself! It really made me feel like I was with people who understood the magic of the MSEP! LOL!
Old 11-20-2010, 07:12 AM   #1431
wigdoutdismom
DIS Veteran

Hi there Jackie!
Just read your update....
I think this was the evening you were texting me while you were waiting for the parade, do you remember the people that crashed? Connor feeling bad for them? Me telling you to stand your ground? Or am I dreaming.....
Lack of sleep and all.
I do love that parade!
Spectro music is the best though in my books though...
Old 11-20-2010, 07:17 AM   #1432
Charleston Princess
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by wigdoutdismom View Post
Hi there Jackie!
Just read your update....
I think this was the evening you were texting me while you were waiting for the parade, do you remember the people that crashed? Connor feeling bad for them? Me telling you to stand your ground? Or am I dreaming.....
Lack of sleep and all.
I do love that parade!
Spectro music is the best though in my books though...
Yes, that was the night! Those people ducked under the ropes with only minutes to go before the parade and squeezed in right beside me. I was rather peeved since we had been sitting there since 8:15. However, Connor was drawn to the little boy and his DS. Before I knew it, Connor was leaning over the boy and telling him what to do on his game. LOL!

Congratulations on little Hunter James! He is precious! I have been enjoying all the sweet pictures of him on Facebook.

We received a package the day before Keeley went into the hospital! Thank you so much! I have hidden it all away in the holiday closet.
Old 11-20-2010, 12:21 PM   #1433
wigdoutdismom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charleston Princess View Post
Yes, that was the night! Those people ducked under the ropes with only minutes to go before the parade and squeezed in right beside me. I was rather peeved since we had been sitting there since 8:15. However, Connor was drawn to the little boy and his DS. Before I knew it, Connor was leaning over the boy and telling him what to do on his game. LOL!

Congratulations on little Hunter James! He is precious! I have been enjoying all the sweet pictures of him on Facebook.

We received a package the day before Keeley went into the hospital! Thank you so much! I have hidden it all away in the holiday closet.
I guess we could call them last minute spot squatters. The nerve!!
I remember you not wanting Connor to get friendly with him...
Old 11-21-2010, 06:33 AM   #1434
MeMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charleston Princess View Post

I laughed out loud over your eating PB&J in the dark comment. I had to read it out loud to Charles because at our house I am always threatening to put us on a diet of pinto beans and cornbread so we can afford to go to Disney more often. After all, you can't beat $1.32 for a bag of pinto beans.
And Ramen noodles are eighteen cents a pack.

Trent used to call me a bat, because I was always turning lights off to save money. I told him those were Disney pennies flowing away on that meter!

Drew's not here much, so I can get away with it most of the time now.
Mingos in da Watah! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2758143
Geen Yight: She's Out of Sight! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2677011
My Name is NOT Broccoli www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2611094
From Pop to the Top www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2495977
Mother, May I? Yes, You May www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2448482
Ringing in 2010 www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2356794
Brooklynn Takes Bella to Meet Cinderella www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2209387
A Two Short, Too Different Spring Break Trip www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2122295
Over the river and through the FUN! http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post29060069
A Ten Day Ride on a Magic Camel www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1869591
Baby and the Tramp...and a Pop Half Century www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1470678

We've stayed at Pop Century, All Star Sports, All Star Movies, All Star Music, French Quarter, Wilderness Lodge, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Art of Animation, Beach Club, Vero Beach, Kidani Village and Saratoga Springs - many trips, and many wonderful, magical memories made.
Old 11-21-2010, 07:32 AM   #1435
Charleston Princess
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by wigdoutdismom View Post
I guess we could call them last minute spot squatters. The nerve!!
I remember you not wanting Connor to get friendly with him...
Nope, I didn't want them to think we condoned their behavior. LOL!

Quote:
And Ramen noodles are eighteen cents a pack.

Trent used to call me a bat, because I was always turning lights off to save money. I told him those were Disney pennies flowing away on that meter!

Drew's not here much, so I can get away with it most of the time now.
Nothing wrong with candlelight!
Old 11-21-2010, 07:35 AM   #1436
Charleston Princess
DIS Veteran

My Family Disappears in LA!

July 22, 2010: Part One

Due to our late night at the Magic Kingdom and everyone needing showers before we left, we barely made rope drop at Disney Hollywood Studios. It helped that the Caribbean Beach Resort is right around the corner from DHS (we drove again).

Now, I know some of you will gasp in surprise but Toy Story Mania was not our first stop that morning. Charles and the kids forged ahead to Rock n’ Roller Coaster. Connor was on a mission to make it to Aerosmith’s concert on time.

I slowly meandered down Sunset Boulevard, taking pictures and enjoying the early morning stroll.

Coffee was on my mind this morning.

I stopped in a couple of shops to browse and picked up a bracelet for my niece.

Before heading over to RnRC, I grabbed Fast Passes for the Tower of Terror. Who would be brave enough to ride it later in the day???

It was already so hot out that ice cream was already sounding quite good.

Upon arriving at RnRC, I took a couple more pictures and headed to the back of the gift shop.

I thought I might be able to get a shot of the ride photo as my family disembarked.

Well, I waited.

And waited.

And waited.

And waited.

I watched about six empty cars come through. There was no one on any of them.

A bunch of Cast Members and important-looking managerial types were standing around with walkie-talkies. As each set of cars arrived, they would fiddle with the seat harnesses and inspect various parts of the cars. There was obviously something wrong with the ride.

I was starting to get worried as I envisioned my family stuck somewhere on the ride. Of course, the mental image I conjured up was of them all hanging upside down on the loop part of the ride. Poor Connor. I wondered if it would scar him for life. I knew Chelsea would be okay -- nothing seems to freak her out, and I knew Charles would be okay, too.

Anyway, as I stood there wondering what was going on and coming up with worst-case scenerios in my mind, the first car with actual people on it came through. My family was on it! Hurray! Hurray!

Charles told me there had been something wrong with the ride, but they had been waiting to board when it went down. Thank goodness they hadn’t really been stranded on the tracks -- just stuck waiting in line!

They all had loved their journey through the streets of Los Angeles! Well, Charles said he enjoyed it, but his picture seems to say otherwise.

Charles was now ready for his morning coffee, so we headed straight for the coffee kiosk in the courtyard of the Tower of Terror.

UP NEXT: The cowboy takes over!
Old 11-21-2010, 08:18 AM   #1437
jenjolt
Loves All Things Disney!

WOOT WOOT a Jackie update!!! Yay for surviving until Thanksgiving! I'm out of the classroom tomorrow (poor sub LOL) however my students have a test they are taking so that should keep them pretty mellow!!!!

YAY for not getting stuck upside down in the loop!!!!!! Glad they enjoyed their ride! While I will consider TOT, I'm not a huge fan of RnRC been on it a few times but I get whiplash so bad I just skip it now LOL!!!!

OOOH bracelets, I love Disney bracelets!!!

OOOOH cowboy....did you get the cowboy...why oh why does everyone get the cowboy but me LOL!!!! Speaking of GMR had the weirdest dream about that ride last night and new things they did to it.....was quite distressing LOL!!!!

My Magical Trips to Disney:6/2012,1/2012,10/2011, 6/2011, 5/2011, 1/2011, 5/2010, 1/2010, 10/2009, 5/2009,
1/2009, 3/2007, 5/2005 , 10/1992: First Trip to Disney (Thanks Dad!)
Old 11-21-2010, 08:22 AM   #1438
TarzansKat
I may be TarzansKat, but I love Captain Jack!
Wow. It's still getting pretty hot around here

Thank goodness, they weren't stuck hanging upside down. That image to me is absolutely terrifying. I'm such a wuss.

Sounds like a nice leisurely stroll. I'm so tickled at the cowboy reference if it means what I think it means....
Old 11-21-2010, 08:33 AM   #1439
micandminforever
DIS Veteran

Great start on your DHS day with rope drop, and an adventure with a cowboy. Have a Thanksgiving week off.
One day trips with Family 1972,1973, 1976, Honeymoon off site June 1985, Off site June 1986, Off site June 1989, Grand Floridian June 1992, Wilderness Lodge June 1995, Dixie Landing(POR) April 1997, Hilton at Downtown Disney April 2000, Beach Club June 2003, POFQ June 2005, Pop Century Dec. 2005, Pop Century Jan. 2006, Pop Century Sept. 2007, POFQ Jan. 2009, Pop Century Sept 2009, BLT 25th Anniversary Trip June 2010, CBR March 2011, PORS Sept. 2012, Pop Century Jan. 2013
Old 11-21-2010, 08:58 AM   #1440
Mndisneygirl
DIS Veteran

Oh - man, I felt your panic in that chapter!! I'm glad they didn't get stuck upside down.

I have NEVER had the cowboy!!! I think I posted somewhere that my DH did not believe that there was a second version with the cowboy. So we asked the CM in front of the building and they confirmed. I gave him a big "I told you my DIS friends know things"! Next time I'm going to have to ask for it specifically.

Do you ride ToT Jackie?? I'd have to pass on that one. I save a lot of time in the parks by not going on a lot of headliner rides. My family is a bunch of babies. The biggest thing we've done is BTMRR. The kids love it now, so I'm sure we'll keep that one going. Maybe as they get older, they'll get braver. I am getting less brave with age. I used to go on all kinds of coasters - before having kids. I think it does something to one's equilibrium or something that I can't tolerate it as well.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: