Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-25-2010, 08:29 PM   #92
Lady Lallie
DIS Veteran

What a great 13th birthday!! You know I'm thinking that I received a camera for my 13th birthday too.

I love Connor's chicken! How cute. Your Mom gives the BEST presents EVER. Does she want to adopt me?
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-25-2010, 08:29 PM   #93
Wicket's Mom
DIS Veteran

I just popped onto your new TR & wow seven pages already. Jackie you are too popular!

Now I must be off, pages to catch up & so little time!
(url)http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3050319
It Was the Best of Times & the Worst, But It Was the Best Trip Evah!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2811518
Old 07-25-2010, 08:39 PM   #94
Happydog
DIS Veteran

TEN stops??!! Oh I can just predict those now!!!! That looks like a mighty tasty cake, and what a perfect way to end the day before DISNEY!! So funny how you just so matter of factly report that Connor lost his tooth in his breakfast "with much excitement"

And the camera.... OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH the camera... I love how this camera has made such an entrance!!! and of course already has a story behind it!!!

Can't wait to hear about the trip down, and the reason why Charles wants to fly the next time you go....

Twas the Night BEFORE Christmas 09?!PTR! Ho Ho Ho!Away we go!A WDW Christmas 09 TR! All aboard a WONDERful TR! Boo to YOU! Sept 09 TR
WDW 4th of July 09 PTR!I Want to Ride the Cotton Ball! July 4th 09 TR!Snow, Savannah, & NO School! Feb '10 TR Christmas fix MVMCP 2010 TR
One Family, One Year - a June '10 PTR The Ingredients for Pixie Dust - June '10 TR Disney-Landing Halloween - a Halloween '10 PTR/TR
Dream for two - Feb '11 TRSummer of Sea and Shore - June '11 PTR Strapping Turtles on our Feet! - June/July '11 TR
MY MAGICal Black Friday Thanksgiving Cruise - Nov '11 PTR/TR

Oct 2000 - Disney Magic 7 night cruise * Oct '03 - Contemporary * Oct '05 - WLV * Nov '08 - SSR * June/July '09 - OKW * Sept '09 - CBR * Dec '09 - BCV * Feb '10 - AKL * Feb '10 - Disney Wonder 3 night Cruise/Disney HH * June '10 - BLT/BCV * Oct '10 - Grand Californian * Dec '10 AKV - Kidani *
February '11 - Disney Dream 4 night cruise/BLT * June '11 - Disney Dream 5 night cruise/Disney's Vero Beach/Ft. Wilderness/AKL Jambo * Oct '11 - WLV/SSR * Nov '11 Disney Magic 7 night cruise * February '12 - Disney Dream 4 night cruise/AKL Jambo * June/July '12 - BCV/WLV * Nov '11 Disney Fantasy 7 night cruise *
Old 07-25-2010, 08:57 PM   #95
teedee
DIS Veteran

I've loved all your trip reports and glad I found the newest one when it was just starting. I can't wait to read more. Looks like Chelsea had a great birthday. My daughter got that same camera for her birthday back in April. She loves it.

Terri
Old 07-25-2010, 09:29 PM   #96
MaryAz
DIS Veteran

I'm late, page 7 no less. I was in Vegas though. Great start. Fun presents and great pics!
Old 07-26-2010, 01:23 AM   #97
addictedtothemouse
DIS Veteran

It looks like Chelsea had a great birthday. TEN stops!?!? I think that's more than we make with a two day trip.
Old 07-26-2010, 02:28 AM   #98
DisneyJoo2008
DIS Veteran

Sounds like a FAB start to Chelsea's Birthday!

I love the cake too! But have to ask why you don't enjoy making round cakes? Do you tend not to get round baking tins / trays in America? Across the pond, they are more the "norm" than square tins!

Can't wait for more! Julie xxx

Old 07-26-2010, 07:34 AM   #99
wsushocker
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charleston Princess View Post
Hi, Shocker!!! Did you bring all of your pictures to add to the commentary? LOL!
As a matter of fact, I was able to snap a picture of your family leaving town on the way to Disney!

All Star Movies June '06 Port Orleans French Quarter '07 Old Key West June '08 Saratoga Springs July '08 Saratoga Springs October '08 Old Key West March '09 Saratoga Springs/Beach Club May/June '09 Animal Kingdom-Kidani/Saratoga Springs December '09 Boardwalk March '10 Beach Club/DCL (Wonder) May/June '10 Bay Lake/Beach Club/Boardwalk July '10 Boardwalk October/November '10 Beach Club/Riverside December '10 Beach Club March '11 Beach Club/DCL (Dream)/Vero Beach May/June '11OKW/Saratoga Springs December '11/January '12 Boardwalk March '12 Animal Kingdom Lodge (Jambo)/Wilderness Lodge/DCL (Dream)/Vero Beach/Beach Club June July '12 Bay Lake October 2012 Beach Club Villas December/January 2012/2013 Beach Club Villas March 2013 Animal Kingdom Lodge Jambo/DCL (Fantasy)/Beach Club Villas/Vero Beach/Animal Kingdom Lodge Kidani/ May June 2013Bay Lake Tower October 2013
Old 07-26-2010, 08:15 AM   #100
Charleston Princess
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by eandesmom View Post
what a fun birthday and perfect gift (that thankfully was found!). I hear you on layer cakes!!!!!!!!!!!!! No, you can't have too many sprinkles. Especially when you are 13.
Thanks! Yes, the camera scare was a bit much!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Native NYer View Post
I love how Chelsea has learned the fine art of sleeping in
The Kokeshi doll is adorable. And I love Connor's Polish chicken. I hope she enjoyed the CBR.

A new camera is a fantastic gift. Did Chelsea take lots of photos at Disney? I hope she was able to get one with Bo.

The cake looks great! I love all of the sprinkles.
Thanks! Chelsea did take a lot of pictures at Disney -- I will be borrowing some of them!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Native NYer View Post
I did! A white chocolate martini is my new favorite drink.
I'd love to go for MNSSHP, but I we only have one day off in October
My principal agreed to let a few of us go to the NCTE convention in November, so I have a YC weekend to look forward to. But I guess I have to work while I'm there in between rides on Soarin' and TSM.
That's awesome that you will be able to go to Disney for the NCTE convention -- you will have so much fun!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
So in other words, you will not be the latest baker to have a show on TLC. I guess we won't be calling you the Charleston Cake Boss. I love the cake - its beautiful and homemade cakes are the best cakes in the world.
Cake Wrecks, maybe, but definitely not Cake Boss. LOL!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
What an awesome pre-Disney day Birthday. Chelsea looks like she had a fabulous day. BTW - yummy breakfast. I could eat that right now!

10 stops to Disney world..........Oh NO!
Chelsea had lots of fun! Yes, Chelsea was counting the stops!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynnsMommy View Post
What a fun day for Chelsea! I wish Brooklynn only wanted a round cake with icing and sprinkles! Instead I am making a Toy Story cake that I'm still designing in my head.
Chelsea knows my limitations as a baker. You always make such fabulous cakes -- the Toy Story one will be very neat, I am sure!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenjolt View Post
What a great 13th birthday!!!! The cake looks very yummy, Chelsea did a great job of decorating it!!!!

What a great gift, a camera!! WOOT!! I love the red color too!!!!

Awwww...Connor's gift is so cute too!!!!!

Even though I do know how you spent your evening LOL...I can't wait to relive it with you!!!!
Thanks! Chelsea was thrilled to get the camera -- she has been asking for one for awhile.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queenofallthings View Post
Sounds like the best birthday ever! Her very own camera....lucky girl....I'm hoping she put it to good use on the trip

I have to agree with Mary Ellen, homemade cakes are best!!!
Chelsea did use the camera quite a bit -- I will be borrowing some of her pictures for the trip report.

The cake was very tasty. Sadly, I had to send leftovers home with family since we were leaving the next day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poolrat View Post
AHHHH the days of designing, making, buying, decorating birthday cakes.
My teenagers and their schedules this year caused the unthinkable this year.
NO CAKE
So I got my husband a cake for his April Birthday and told them thier March birthdays were all combined. They were OK with that.
Ah, how sad that your teenagers were too busy for cake. However, sounds like they were fine with just sharing your husband's. LOL!

Quote:
Originally Posted by burly View Post
I'm here!
Isn't is scary when they are actually teenagers? It's like she had a new license to sleep in!
Welcome! Yes, it is very scary to me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by burly View Post
My children always want me to make a round 2 layer cake. they are a pain!

Looking forward to more......
If I could just figure out an easy way to assemble the two layers, I would be all set.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shannon47142 View Post
I'm here!! I'm impressed you already started the report

The birthdasy celebration pictures look great--lots of smiling

So glad you guys had a great trip---looking forward to reading all about it
Hi, Shannon!!! Glad to have you here! I wanted to go ahead and start before I have to go back to work. Plus, I wanted to get the day before and the drive down out of the way so I could get to the fun Disney stuff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat0727 View Post
What a fun birthday for Chelsea! Her birthday cake looks so good! Homemade cakes are the best

Chelsea looked so excited to have her very own camera (love the color, by the way)
I love cake! I have no doubt I could eat it every day!

The red is very pretty! I wish mine was that color.
Old 07-26-2010, 08:21 AM   #101
Charleston Princess
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
Oooh...I love sprinkles too. You can never have too many.
I agree! We are definitely a sprinkle-lovin' family at our house!

Quote:
Originally Posted by disney<333 View Post
Looks like a great day!
I'm sure Chelsea was able to figure out her new camera easily. If I got a new camera the night before a trip I'd be up all night learning all the settings.
She had it figured out five minutes after she opened it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmskok View Post
Looks like a great birthday for Chelsea! The camera looks great!!
She thoroughly enjoyed her day!

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneydreamingdebby View Post
Wow- I bet you were up very late that night. What a busy day before Disney(and a fantastic way for time to fly by!)

Great way for her to celebrate her birthday- breakfast and dinner!
I was up pretty late that night -- I think it was almost midnight before I collapsed into bed -- the day flew by with all the stuff we had to do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mermaid764 View Post
Awww what an awesome 13th birthday and a camera sounds like the perfect birthday present since she's going to WDW.

Hopefully she was able to get lots of pics with her new cam on your vacation
She was very pleased with her camera! She took quite a few pictures at Disney -- it's neat to see her perspective of things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioDisneyLover View Post
Sounds like an awesome birthday! Cute cake! I have a hard time getting the round ones together too. I usually cut the top off of one to make it flatter and then stick the top on. And sprinkles are my favorite too. There can never be too many!

Love the camera. Perfect gift for a teen....

And I have to say...the gift that your mom made for your son is awesome.....I want one.....
I can never quite figure out how to cut off the top of one of the cakes to make it completely flat.

I love that little Polish chicken -- it is just adorable!

Quote:
Originally Posted by momof2TNboys View Post
I'm here!! Way behind, but here just the same. I loved that Chelsea slept late on her birthday. What a way to start out as a teenager I loved the cake. It was so cute!!
Hi! You aren't behind at all -- this is just the first update!

Quote:
Originally Posted by swwake View Post
What a great birthday for Chelsea! I love that she video'd the festivities with her new camera. I also love the chicken!
Chelsea had a lot of fun with that camera -- she needs to work on the shakiness, though. I was getting motion sickness just watching the video.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRYPPNS View Post
I almost died when I read that your update was on "page 56"......I was just on page 3 this morning! Thankfully you meant post #56......
Don't know what happened there -- my guess is someone was yammering in my ear while I was trying to update the title. I fixed it now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vamassey1 View Post
I'm here! I can't wait to read the details of the trip.

Mickey bars are my favorite Disney treat! Good thinking to eat them inside, they melt so fast in the outdoor heat(learned that one firsthand).

Love Chelsea's birthday celebration. Danielle loves sprinkles too. She put them on all deserts.
Welcome!!! Last year, we had a horrible melting incident with Mickey bars in the heat; this year I knew we would be eating them in the air conditioning to minimize the trauma.

Sprinkles are always so much fun to use!
Old 07-26-2010, 08:31 AM   #102
Charleston Princess
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianWDWfan View Post
Very cool bday gift! A camera was just the perfect thing to bring with her on the trip!

Are you going to put up Chelsea's pics too? We would love to see her take on things.

I think I may need to make a cake tonight, yours looks delicious!

How does Chelsea like her new room? Wasn't it supose to be done while she was gone to WDW?

I just have to add that the little rooster is adorable!
Yes, I am going to use some of Chelsea's pictures on the TR! She has a very different perspective.

Chelsea loves her new room! I took pictures to share -- it looks very pretty!

Isn't the Polish Chicken just a hoot? I love her!

Quote:
Originally Posted by brookelizabeth View Post
I'm here! Page six, but present and excited for the TR!

Looks like Chelsea had a great birthday. I love the idea of a birthday breakfast, yummy!

10 stops on the way to WDW?
Hi, Brook! My dad makes the BEST waffles outside of Mickey waffles , and Chelsea insisted she wanted a birthday breakfast. She can be a bit of a diva where her birthday is concerned. LOL!

You know we can never make it to Disney without a million stops.

Quote:
Originally Posted by micandminforever View Post
A camera was the perfect gift to get, before a Disney trip. It will be great to see Disney through Chelsea's eyes.
Her pictures are very different from mine. Well, some of them anyway. LOL!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeMom View Post
Sweet picture.

A camera is a great gift!
I look forward to seeing what she 'captured'.
It's nice to have an entire set of additional pictures to choose from for the trip report.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeMom View Post
I put out four cakes with last Sunday night's camp supper, including a plain white cake with white icing. (The cakes had been donated by some of our sweet ladies at church.) One piece of that one got eaten. The next night, I put sprinkles on it. All but two pieces were eaten. Same cake, but those sprinkles just made all the difference.
That's too funny! I never knew sprinkles could completely change the appeal of a cake!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2xcited2sleep View Post
Like Heidi, I gasped when I saw "page 56" and wondered what in the heck I had missed today. Looks like a most delightful 13th birthday. Seems Chelsea is into the Japanese culture a bit. I bet she got a kick out of that pavilion at Epcot. And lucky for you and Charles this is adjacent to some yummy grown-up beverages!
Apparently, my brain was not working yesterday at its full capacity.

Both she and Connor always have a lot of fun at the Japanese pavilion!

Quote:
How sweet Connor got a gift too. I'm sure the chicken had a great time in WDW too!
Yes, the chicken had a lot of fun sitting in the hotel room.

Quote:
I saw the camera drama on FB but am happy to know it worked out and hope we will be seeing some of Chelsea's pix on the TR too. Perhaps she could write an update or two of her own? Would be fun to hear from her perspective! And while we're at it would love to hear from Connor and Charles too!
That would be fun! I will mention it to Chelsea!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOUTHERNtinkerBELLE View Post
I'm joining in! I can't wait to hear all about the trip! It looks like it got off to a great start with Chelsea's birthday!
Hi! So glad to have you here! The birthday was lots of fun the day before, but very busy! It was hard doing b-day preparations and trip preparations on the same day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pooh'smate View Post
I am here and all caught up. I think Chelsea looks grown up with her glasses. I am glad to hear that Charles participated in your vacation this year.
Hi, Jessica!!! Chelsea does look so grown up to me in her glasses.

Quote:
Originally Posted by charming23 View Post
Chelsea's birthday looks like a blast. Love all the sprinkles on the cake.

I think a digital camera was a fabulous gift. I bet she had a blast with it on vacation.

Can't wait to hear more.
That cake was very tasty -- wish I had a piece of it this morning.

There was a bit of drama with the camera at Disney, but Chelsea did enjoy taking lots of pictures with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yinyanggirls View Post
Two tubs of frosting?? You can't even see it under the sprinkles!
I know, right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvfigment View Post
Joining of course! Chelsea's birthday looked great! The cake looked yummy and she is a lucky girl for getting a camera for her birthday!

Looking forward to reading about the trip...10 stops along the way? That will be interesting.
HI!!! The cake was delicious, and Chelsea loved her camera!

We always seem to have to stop a million times on the way down.
Old 07-26-2010, 08:40 AM   #103
Charleston Princess
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by wigdoutdismom View Post
Chelsea looks like she is having a total blast at her party! So much fun and what great gifts!
I'm in love with Connor's Polish chicken too! Your mother is so thoughtful! I just love her gifts!!!
You know Chelsea loves being the center of attention.

Isn't that chicken just the cutest? I already told my mom I want one, too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdotla View Post
Yay! Joining in!

Can't wait to hear all about your Trip!
Welcome!!! Glad to have you along!

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAisforDisneyLvrs View Post
Do you think that would work with green beans??

It looks like Chelsea really enjoyed her birthday festivities. I am looking forward to hearing about the rest of the fun!
I have seen green beans covered in whipped cream and sprinkles at Primetime.

Chelsea had a great birthday from start to finish!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hollisterluva92 View Post
Great update!!! The small gift for the other child is such a nice idea! Chelsea looked so happy!!!! Can't wait for the 1st day update!!!!
Chelsea had an absolute blast on her birthday!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisMomAmy View Post
A few pages late, but I'm here...

A birthday party sounds like a great way to kick off a trip to WDW!!
Hi, Amy!!! Doing the whole birthday thing the day before the trip was exhausting, but it did make the day fly by!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Lallie View Post
What a great 13th birthday!! You know I'm thinking that I received a camera for my 13th birthday too.

I love Connor's chicken! How cute. Your Mom gives the BEST presents EVER. Does she want to adopt me?
I always love seeing what my mom has thought up for birthday gifts -- they are always a lot of fun! I love that chicken! If Connor ever casts it aside, it will be coming to live in my room. LOL!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wicket's Mom View Post
I just popped onto your new TR & wow seven pages already. Jackie you are too popular!

Now I must be off, pages to catch up & so little time!
Hi!!! Glad you joined the fun!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happydog View Post
TEN stops??!! Oh I can just predict those now!!!! That looks like a mighty tasty cake, and what a perfect way to end the day before DISNEY!! So funny how you just so matter of factly report that Connor lost his tooth in his breakfast "with much excitement"
I swear, we were stopping all the time. It was driving me nuts!

I wish I had a piece of that cake right now!

I couldn't decide how detailed I should be with the tooth excitement! The whole episode involved my dad telling Connor not to talk with his mouth full, me interceding saying he was trying to tell us he had just lost a tooth, a paper towel filled with spit-out food, blood, and tooth, and me trying to find the tooth in that nasty pile of "stuff."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happydog View Post
And the camera.... OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH the camera... I love how this camera has made such an entrance!!! and of course already has a story behind it!!!

Can't wait to hear about the trip down, and the reason why Charles wants to fly the next time you go....
That camera is like an entirely new character in the trip report.

Let's just say, Charles has absolutely no patience in a car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by teedee View Post
I've loved all your trip reports and glad I found the newest one when it was just starting. I can't wait to read more. Looks like Chelsea had a great birthday. My daughter got that same camera for her birthday back in April. She loves it.

Terri
Hi, Terri!!! Thanks for joining in! Isn't the camera great? It's just the perfect size!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryAz View Post
I'm late, page 7 no less. I was in Vegas though. Great start. Fun presents and great pics!
Hi, Mary!!! Being in Vegas is a very good reason for being a day late.
Old 07-26-2010, 08:44 AM   #104
Charleston Princess
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by addictedtothemouse View Post
It looks like Chelsea had a great birthday. TEN stops!?!? I think that's more than we make with a two day trip.
She did have a great birthday! Ten stops was excessive to me -- I was about at my wit's end by the end of the trip.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyJoo2008 View Post
Sounds like a FAB start to Chelsea's Birthday!

I love the cake too! But have to ask why you don't enjoy making round cakes? Do you tend not to get round baking tins / trays in America? Across the pond, they are more the "norm" than square tins!

Can't wait for more! Julie xxx
Thanks, Julie! I am not a big fan of assembling the round cakes into two layers. The actual baking was pretty easy, but when it comes to making the bottom layer level, I never manage to do it quite right. Very frustrating to me! I would much rather make cupcakes or a sheet cake.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wsushocker View Post
As a matter of fact, I was able to snap a picture of your family leaving town on the way to Disney!

I felt like we were taking that much stuff by the time I was finished packing, and we had loaded the car. I mean did Connor and Chelsea REALLY need to pack two bags with just stuffed animals???
Old 07-26-2010, 09:09 AM   #105
DWGal210
DIS Veteran

Yea, a Jackie TR!!!! . I'm late to the party but here now. chelsea's birthday looked like a blast! What a great day!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: