Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-21-2010, 04:17 PM   #946
wigdoutdismom
DIS Veteran

Connor is such a thoughtful son to trade and get you that castle!
Old 09-21-2010, 06:32 PM   #947
disneydreamingdebby
DVC Member

I am caught up. I had to cheat and use links, but then I read that Connor traded to get you a castle and I had to know...so I went back to skim.

I had a silly band castle that I wore all the time with my Mickey watch. My daughter gave it to me bc it looked like the castle. It broke over the summer. I bet there is another one (my girls have about 300 spread out on my dining room table right now.)

I dislike EE. I would recommend that you try EVERYTHING, but really, EE is rough if you hate rollercoasters/ heights- so I might not suggest it. I have ridden it once each trip with my family, but I HATE it. I want to see the Yeti badly enough to do it, though. Unfortunately, I have a hard time spotting him anyway (fear, perhaps.) The first incline is so steep. I guess after that it isn't too bad. I did think that when we went backwards, we went upside down (obviously logic is hindered by fear too.)

I do LOVE RnR and Big Thunder.

I love your Sherpa references; I teach Into Thin Air (summer reading for AP kids) and took pictures of the queue for Everest to share with my students. Not sure how I will fit them in...we've already finished with the book.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-21-2010, 06:37 PM   #948
MeMom
DIS Veteran

Your cotton is going to school with me tomorrow. The kids were fascinated as I told them about how their clothes grew out of the ground. They are going to love touching it. Next time we meet up in person, I might get you to bring me some still on branches. It would be too hard to mail it like that, but I know they would really get a kick out of actually seeing it still on the stem. I am making a display of 'What Second Graders Do' to have up for the parents at conference time. One of the pictures will be of them checking out the cotton tomorrow. Thanks again for sending it!
Mingos in da Watah! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2758143
Geen Yight: She's Out of Sight! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2677011
My Name is NOT Broccoli www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2611094
From Pop to the Top www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2495977
Mother, May I? Yes, You May www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2448482
Ringing in 2010 www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2356794
Brooklynn Takes Bella to Meet Cinderella www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2209387
A Two Short, Too Different Spring Break Trip www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2122295
Over the river and through the FUN! http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post29060069
A Ten Day Ride on a Magic Camel www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1869591
Baby and the Tramp...and a Pop Half Century www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1470678

We've stayed at Pop Century, All Star Sports, All Star Movies, All Star Music, French Quarter, Wilderness Lodge, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Art of Animation, Beach Club, Vero Beach, Kidani Village and Saratoga Springs - many trips, and many wonderful, magical memories made.
Old 09-21-2010, 08:19 PM   #949
Charleston Princess
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jillyb View Post
May I have one of each???
After I posted those pictures, I ended up with a very serious craving for both of them. LOL!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jillyb View Post
Awwww...how sweet of Connor to get you your very own castle.
I thought so too! I have enjoyed wearing it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wigdoutdismom View Post
Connor is such a thoughtful son to trade and get you that castle!
It made my day! His excitement was so adorable!

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneydreamingdebby View Post
I am caught up. I had to cheat and use links, but then I read that Connor traded to get you a castle and I had to know...so I went back to skim.

I had a silly band castle that I wore all the time with my Mickey watch. My daughter gave it to me bc it looked like the castle. It broke over the summer. I bet there is another one (my girls have about 300 spread out on my dining room table right now.)
My two do that, too! Spread all their silly bandz out and organize them. LOL!

Quote:
I dislike EE. I would recommend that you try EVERYTHING, but really, EE is rough if you hate rollercoasters/ heights- so I might not suggest it. I have ridden it once each trip with my family, but I HATE it. I want to see the Yeti badly enough to do it, though. Unfortunately, I have a hard time spotting him anyway (fear, perhaps.) The first incline is so steep. I guess after that it isn't too bad. I did think that when we went backwards, we went upside down (obviously logic is hindered by fear too.)

I do LOVE RnR and Big Thunder.
I rode it once -- I think that was enough.

Quote:
I love your Sherpa references; I teach Into Thin Air (summer reading for AP kids) and took pictures of the queue for Everest to share with my students. Not sure how I will fit them in...we've already finished with the book.
I have always wanted to read Into Thin Air -- I recommend it to a lot of my boy readers, and they really enjoy it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeMom View Post
Your cotton is going to school with me tomorrow. The kids were fascinated as I told them about how their clothes grew out of the ground. They are going to love touching it. Next time we meet up in person, I might get you to bring me some still on branches. It would be too hard to mail it like that, but I know they would really get a kick out of actually seeing it still on the stem. I am making a display of 'What Second Graders Do' to have up for the parents at conference time. One of the pictures will be of them checking out the cotton tomorrow. Thanks again for sending it!
You are so welcome!!!! I hope the kids have a great time with the cotton tomorrow! I will definitely try to get some branches for you the next time we meet up!
Old 09-21-2010, 08:23 PM   #950
Charleston Princess
DIS Veteran

Birthday Celebrating with Clones, Mummies, and Fortune Telling!

*Real World Interlude*

As most of you know, Connor’s eleventh birthday was Sunday, and we spent the weekend celebrating.

It started Friday evening with a friends’ party. Connor loves the Clone Wars cartoon show, and the season premiere was Friday. What better way to kick off his birthday weekend then by inviting some friends over to play Star Wars games and watch the show!

I made cupcakes, light saber pretzel rods (which Charles developed a fondness for), mini corn dogs, and pizza rolls.

Cupcake, anyone?

Lightsaber pretzel rods and Yoda and Darth Vader paper goods.

As each boy arrived, there was some sort of strange welcome involving light saber duels -- that was all Connor. LOL! They then gravitated outdoors for awhile, and when they came in honed in straight for the video games.

Charles and I rounded them up a little bit later for Clone Wars tattoos and a rousing game of Galatic Battle with various Clone Wars action figures.

They were very serious during game play. I wish I could replicate some of their conversations -- they were hysterical. At one point, I turned to Charles and said, “I am suddenly seeing the future of Dragon*Con and Comic*Con.”

After they played, I think they ran around the house dueling and such. All I know was that it was really, really loud.

When the show started, it riveted them. Finally, for the first time in two hours, there was complete silence in the house. During commercials, they all pretended to be clones and raced around the house some more. I never knew commercials were so long.

At ten the show ended, and all the parents arrived on time to pick up their boys. Really, it was a lot of fun!

Saturday we headed to my parents’ house for dinner, presents, and cake.

The pink bag held a meerkat for Chelsea.

The little box contained my very own Piglet. He will keep me company during my own fits of nervousness.

Connor got a Fortune Telling kit. More on that later.

My brother made sure Han Solo and Chewbacca came to the party!

Connor’s big gift from my parents was Woody’s Round Up complete with Woody, Jessie, Stinky Pete, and Bullseye!

Connor entertained us all with some fortune telling. Click on the picture for a short clip as he reads Chelsea’s fortune.

We finished Saturday night with chocolate cake.

Sunday, Connor’s actual birthday, he was allowed to open his presents in the early afternoon. From us, he received two books in a series he likes, the Lego Harry Potter game, and the Lego Ramses Pyramid game.

He immediately wanted to play Ramses Pyramid.

For dinner, Connor requested taco mountains.

A happy boy and his taco mountain.

We had family over in the evening with cupcakes and more fortune telling.

Reading Aunt Michelle’s fortune.

I would guess that Connor thoroughly enjoyed his birthday weekend!
Old 09-21-2010, 08:36 PM   #951
jenjolt
Loves All Things Disney!

What a great birthday weekend!!! Sounds and looks like Connor had a blast and a whole lot of cake (YUMMY)!! I think though I'm with Charles and I will have a couple of lightsaber pretzel rods if you don't mind!!

Great loot, lots of smiles, and a very happy birthday boy...all make for one very successful weekend!!

Thanks for sharing with us Jackie!

My Magical Trips to Disney:6/2012,1/2012,10/2011, 6/2011, 5/2011, 1/2011, 5/2010, 1/2010, 10/2009, 5/2009,
1/2009, 3/2007, 5/2005 , 10/1992: First Trip to Disney (Thanks Dad!)
Old 09-21-2010, 08:41 PM   #952
englishrose47
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charleston Princess View Post
Hurray!!!

Why, yes, you do get a prize! You can choose a virtual Dole Whip

Or a virtual Mickey Bar!

We have those at our house, too!

Speaking of Silly Bandz, Connor came home from school the other day all excited. He traded for a fairy tale castle silly bandz which looks somewhat like Cinderella's Castle and said, "Look, Mom, your very own castle! It's even in the Year of a Million Dreams colors!" It was so sweet of him!

Thank you! Yes, he had a very good birthday.
I will take the Virtual Dole Whip

I think I may cheat and get the kids Target silly bandtz and tell them I got them at Disney!!

Glad Co9nnor had a good birthday!!
[/B][/URL]
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3051652Where will Rosie Roam in 2013
[
[http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post50321302 Rosie Roamings in 2014
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3212398 Belly Dancing and Bus Mojo The Grannie Trip

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3278536 Let's Meet in the Dump Shop
Old 09-21-2010, 09:05 PM   #953
MEK
DIS Veteran

Expedition doom...... Sorry you missed EE.....It really is a lot of fun. I wish I could convince you to ride it once.

My frozen chai tea came in a styrofoam cup. I like the see-through plastic cup better.

to Happy Birthday FP's. So glad you had a blast on kali. That's why I buy dollar store ponchos - just for kali and splash. Wait until you see my splash red neck photo.

Loved your update. The kids look so great in all the pictures!

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
Old 09-21-2010, 09:11 PM   #954
MegansMom
Always Ready to Go Back with my "Minnie" Megan Mouse!

What a wonderful birthday!! I love the little angel with the UK T-shirt!!! GO CATS!!! Awwwwwwwww.....September Babies are the best!!!!!

June 2012 PTR--click here! July 2011 PTR-- click here! September 2009 PTR/TR --click here!June 2008 PTR/TR---click here!
Past Trips: 1978:Offsite 1980:Offsite 1982: Poly 1987: Poly 1992:Dixie Landings May 2001:Offsite Sep 2006: BWV Nov 2007:CSR/SSR June 2008: OKW Sep 2009: POFQ July 2011: AKV June 2012: OKW!!!
DH (36) ME (35) DD(8)
Old 09-21-2010, 09:17 PM   #955
manntra
DIS Veteran

What a great birthday weekend!!!

The cards have spoken.... Oh my!!

Tracy
Old 09-21-2010, 09:20 PM   #956
Mndisneygirl
DIS Veteran

What a fun birthday weekend! I can only imagine how loud a bunch of boys playing clone wars can be! When we have one or two boys around our house I feel like it's WAY too loud!
I love your little Piglet too!! So cute! I should get some for my SILs - bunch of nervous nellies that they are!
Old 09-21-2010, 09:38 PM   #957
Poolrat
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charleston Princess View Post
Speaking of which, I really need to head to Target soon -- I bet all of their Halloween stuff is out.
Yes, Target is turning orange and black. The school supply aisles are now the Halloween aisles.

Those star wars loving boys can get loud. I remember those days.
In fact, even by himself my DS can be quite loud.
POOLRAT PATI am a Disney Dork. 75- Contemporary,77- offsite Hyatt,86- offsite 1 day trip,88- offsite 1 day trip,98- Contemporary w/kids,01- All Stars Movies,05- Boardwalk,06- Coronado,07- Carribbean Beach,08- Beach Club,Oct 09 - POP/Coronado, Dec09/Jan 10 ASMu/ CSR , July '10-POP, Sept '10 POFQ,Oct '10 2X for F&W @ POP Oct'11-ASSp Dec '11-DVC SSR/AKL July '12- BCV, Sept '12- DL, Oct '12- BCV, Dec'12-POP Jan '13- OKW May '13-BWV Oct '13- BCV DEC '13- BCV May14-POP Aug 14- VWL Oct '14-DL?Can't wait to go back
Old 09-21-2010, 10:00 PM   #958
moparop
DIS Veteran

looks like an excellent birthday weekend! The party looks like tons of fun and I think is something that will be in my not too distant future.
Old 09-21-2010, 10:27 PM   #959
wigdoutdismom
DIS Veteran

I wonder if Connor could tell my fortune long distance? I'd sure like to know what to expect....

Looks like a great birthday weekend!
Old 09-21-2010, 11:03 PM   #960
vamassey1
DIS Veteran

I have to agree Boys are very loud!

Looks like Connor and his friends had blast.

All that cake! I could really eat some right now.

Connor was so serious when we read Chelsea's future. Since she's going on a trip does that mean you're planning another trip?

April 83- Choir trip offsite
Sept 99- Hilton Hotel Plaza
March 02-Movies
Thanksgiving 02-Marriott Hotel Plaza
Mardi Gras 04-Movies
New Years 06-POP
May 07-POP
June 09-POP
Mardi Gras 10-POFQ
Mardi Gras 12-PORS

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: