Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-05-2010, 12:59 PM   #751
Dancegrl624
DIS Veteran

My family LOVES Dinosaur! I covered my DD's eyes last year when they take your picture and she got mad at me!

Completed Trip Reports
A Sept 2013 Solo Trip to the World It's A Cat World After All A Sept 2012 TRCelebrations Galore & Free Dining Too! A Sept 2012 PTR
Take Small Children By The Hand...a Sept Trip Report "I Want To Go Back!!!...a Sept 2010 PTR
Heat,Headaches but So Much Fun! My June Birthday TR Wishes Do Come True!...a Birthday PTR A Surprise Fit for a Princess...PTR and TR
1984-1st trip, 1987-offsite, 1991-offsite, 1992-Contemporary (won that trip!), 1997-ASMu, 2002-offsite (DH's 1st trip),
2006-offsite (DD's 1st trip), Jan 2009-offsite, June 2009- Birthday trip at Pop,Sept 2010-Pop Century,Aug 2012-Boardwalk Inn,Sept 2012-POFQ (DS's 1st trip),Sept 2013-CR (Earmarked Conference), March 2014-DCL AEP on the Magic
Old 09-05-2010, 07:28 PM   #752
momn9702
Earning My Ears

Love your tr, I read your last one too. So glad your DH is enjoying the fun this time.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-05-2010, 07:44 PM   #753
cdotla
Trish

That Dinosaur photo is too funny!

And BTW Jackie...I have a funny feeling you are going to have a hard time taking Disney transportation again after this trip! If you like rope drop in particular, it is so much easier driving yourself to the Parks! As far as I am concerned, just making rope drops on my own terms each day pays for my rental in and of itself. Not waiting in bus lines at Park closing is just icing on the cake!
Old 09-05-2010, 08:02 PM   #754
wigdoutdismom
DIS Veteran

I think that ride photo is really a hoot! Charles and Connor seem to be enjoying the ride but I'm not so sure about Chelsea. You? No mistake....

It's a bumpy ride but I rather like it and Shocker rather doesn't!

Hmmmm, more potato head parts just might be in my future.

Can't wait for Asia!
Old 09-06-2010, 10:51 AM   #755
MAGICFOR2
DIS Veteran

Got so busy in July I forgot to keep track of your TR! I'll be back to read!
Old 09-06-2010, 05:26 PM   #756
reelmom
If I don't get tagged, I am gonna hold my breath until I am blue!
Didn't work. The tag turned blue instead!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdotla View Post

And BTW Jackie...I have a funny feeling you are going to have a hard time taking Disney transportation again after this trip! If you like rope drop in particular, it is so much easier driving yourself to the Parks! As far as I am concerned, just making rope drops on my own terms each day pays for my rental in and of itself. Not waiting in bus lines at Park closing is just icing on the cake!
We always take our car in the mornings, too. We love being early for rope drop. So we drive and then use the bus to go back to our hotel for breaks. That way, our car is still in the close parking spot when we leave.
Old 09-06-2010, 06:49 PM   #757
MaryAz
DIS Veteran

Your last update just reinforces why I do not ride Dinosaur!! great photo
Old 09-06-2010, 07:06 PM   #758
Spartangirl
DIS Veteran

Jackie ~ Your redneck photo from Dinosaur has got to be one of the best I've seen! What a classic!!! Chris and I have plenty of redneck pics too, but none that can even compare to yours!
Old 09-06-2010, 07:57 PM   #759
MAGICFOR2
DIS Veteran

Yay! All caught up! I'm so glad school started so I had a chance to catch up. Looks like such a great start to Chelsea's Magical Birthday Trip. I'm glad the camera was recovered! Great stash of souvies so far. Loved the redneck ride photo! It looks good enough to frame! Hope you had a nice Holiday! School starts here tomorrow, and you already have a month in
Old 09-06-2010, 08:34 PM   #760
vamassey1
DIS Veteran

Your "redneck" dino picture is priceless.

You got lots of great shots in Dinoland and I know there will be lots more to come. Looking forward to your Asia shots.

April 83- Choir trip offsite
Sept 99- Hilton Hotel Plaza
March 02-Movies
Thanksgiving 02-Marriott Hotel Plaza
Mardi Gras 04-Movies
New Years 06-POP
May 07-POP
June 09-POP
Mardi Gras 10-POFQ
Mardi Gras 12-PORS
Old 09-06-2010, 09:40 PM   #761
Charleston Princess
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinkerbellarella View Post
Every trip I say I'm going to get Tater Head parts.

Have I bought them yet?

I think this may be the trip of the Tater Head parts.
I say that every trip, too, but sadly, we are still tater-less.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMat View Post
I was the same way when I was 13... "Moooommm, I want to sleep late." Which is really a lie when it comes down to it - you're in Disney, and as soon as you get moving you know it was worth it
Once Chelsea was up, she was fine, but peeling her out of bed was always a huge production on this trip. Thank goodness Connor was eager to be up and going.

Quote:
I hide my face in my lap EVERY time I ride Dinosaur... and yet I still go on every time. Just doesn't make sense - but at least im not the only one
Oh, I love Dinosaur, but I still find myself burying my head when the scary dinosaur makes an appearance. LOL!

Quote:
Really enjoying the TR - thanks for sharing!
I am glad you are enjoying it! I love sharing our trips! It makes the Disney magic last a little bit longer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
to your dinosaur picture!!!!!! But at least you went on! I'm sure you didn't do that the whole ride! Now what about EE? Did you ride it?
Can you believe I have ridden Dinosaur many times? LOL! I only hide my head when that mean ol' dinosaur is blowing his hot breath on me. You will have to wait and see about Everest.

Quote:
Loved the update! Love AK! Such a gorgeous park.
It's truly my favorite of the parks.

Quote:
Now you see why we drive everywhere except MK. Pretty painless!
Yep, MK was the only park we took the buses to.

Quote:
Chelsea is acting all of her 13 years. Just wait until next year when she refuses to get out of bed and tells you she will meet your later. Well, actually you might have 2 years before that happens.
I know that day is coming. Depending on Charles, maybe the two of them can sleep in. LOL!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TarzansKat View Post
I swear, your Dinosaur ride photo looks like a modified see no evil, hear no evil, speak no evil. It is too funny!
You are so right! LOL!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRYPPNS View Post
Driving to the parks is sooo easy and quick....If you are getting there for opening you never have to take a tram in because you are so closer to the front.
Yep, we made it to rope drop at all the parks and never had to take the tram to the front. It was quite nice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeMom View Post
This all looks so familiar.
I thought the same thing when I saw your pictures the other day. LOL!

Quote:
Your Dino picture came out great!
I have many redneck photos.
Thanks! Yes, we have a couple more redneck photos of rides.

Quote:
I think we decided we would try the mall nearest Dawn unless that inconveniences you and Heather. If it does, we'll do one meet wherever you guys want and then see Dawn at her mall in the evening. You and Heather can get together and decide. We will plan to meet around 11:30. What do you think?
I guess now that Seth made his appearance early, we have a new mall planned.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mousescrapper View Post
Loved the last two updates....Connor is a hoot...great that he plays along w/ the CM's I think some evil villan erases my memory on a daily basis
Thanks! Yeah, that evil villain erases my memory on a daily basis, too, and apparently he is getting more nefarious the older I get.

Quote:
our first KPM was in Germany too...
Germany was a fun one! Although, to be perfectly honest, they have all been really neat!

Quote:
and kiwi candy treats in Japan.... I must find those...yum.
They didn't last long with us!

Quote:
We try that red neck picture taking thing too...but ours never come out as sharp as yours...I have rode Dinosaur once and well once was enough for me....

looking forward to more!
I was very pleased with the quality of our ride photo. We all love Dinosaur -- ride it every trip -- although, as you can see, there are some moments that are just too intense for Chelsea and me. LOL!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2xcited2sleep View Post
Looks like a fun morning in AK! I will have to confess, however, to sharing Chelsea's thoughts on sleeping and vacation.
I knew we had to be up and going early to avoid the worst of the crowds and the heat.

Quote:
I have heard that the coffee stand outside AK is a good source of "good coffee." I'm not sure I could have investigated all those creepy crawlies with you.
Very good coffee at that particular stand. Charles and the kids were much more fascinated by those bugs than I was -- I am not a fan of spiders or hissing cockroaches!

Quote:
I really need to explore Dinoland on an upcoming trip. Seems like there is so much in AK I haven't seen.
It's cute, and you have to remember it is supposed to look like a tacky roadside carnival. Of course, here in the South, the tacky roadside carnivals are not that high-class. LOL!

Quote:
Love the Dinosaur picture!!
Thanks!

Quote:
Hope the second half of your day included a Lost on Safari. Oh and did you get to do that special taste of Africa thing?
We did do The Taste of Africa later in the day -- it was a lot of fun! I can't wait to write about that because two of my favorite pictures from the trip were taken during it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoonerGirl View Post
You ride Dinosaur like I do - I really don't like that attraction, my kids force me to ride......
There is a lot to be said for hiding our eyes during certain parts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by floridascgirl View Post
"Redneck Ride Photo"...that's hilarious The last time that we rode Dinosaur, they had a CM stationed at the photo command center specifically to deter this very thing. Needless to say, she took her job VERY seriously!!! It must have been her day off.
Really? What a drag to have that job! It's not like the people taking the "redneck" pictures would buy them anyway. I know we wouldn't cough up that kind of money for ride photos.
Old 09-06-2010, 09:51 PM   #762
Happydog
DIS Veteran

Hey Jackie!!

Well I am actually going to bed, but I wanted to pop over to say HI! Since I saw your green light on!!!! I am so sore! I did more landscaping in one day than I care to think about! I am beat. But I did start my DTD day, and I am SLOWLY creeping up through my replies! I am looking forward to your next AK stop!!!

Have a good short week! We have Thursday off for a Jewish holiday observance. We are going to the Washington Monument (do you know I have never been!!!??) If you want to do this you should check into the ticketing process.

Anyhow, I will be back to check up on you this week!!

Twas the Night BEFORE Christmas 09?!PTR! Ho Ho Ho!Away we go!A WDW Christmas 09 TR! All aboard a WONDERful TR! Boo to YOU! Sept 09 TR
WDW 4th of July 09 PTR!I Want to Ride the Cotton Ball! July 4th 09 TR!Snow, Savannah, & NO School! Feb '10 TR Christmas fix MVMCP 2010 TR
One Family, One Year - a June '10 PTR The Ingredients for Pixie Dust - June '10 TR Disney-Landing Halloween - a Halloween '10 PTR/TR
Dream for two - Feb '11 TRSummer of Sea and Shore - June '11 PTR Strapping Turtles on our Feet! - June/July '11 TR
MY MAGICal Black Friday Thanksgiving Cruise - Nov '11 PTR/TR

Oct 2000 - Disney Magic 7 night cruise * Oct '03 - Contemporary * Oct '05 - WLV * Nov '08 - SSR * June/July '09 - OKW * Sept '09 - CBR * Dec '09 - BCV * Feb '10 - AKL * Feb '10 - Disney Wonder 3 night Cruise/Disney HH * June '10 - BLT/BCV * Oct '10 - Grand Californian * Dec '10 AKV - Kidani * February '11 - Disney Dream 4 night cruise/BLT * June '11 - Disney Dream 5 night cruise/Disney's Vero Beach/Ft. Wilderness/AKL Jambo * Oct '11 - WLV/SSR * Nov '11 Disney Magic 7 night cruise * February '12 - Disney Dream 4 night cruise/AKL Jambo * June/July '12 - BCV/WLV * Nov '12 Disney Fantasy 7 night cruise * July '13 AKV - Jambo * Sept '13 - AOA * Oct '13 - F & W SSR * Jan '14 AKV - Kidani * June '14 - BLT * August '14 Aulani * Halloween '14 Disney Wonder 5 night cruise * January '15 Disney Fantasy 7 night cruise * April '15 Disneyland resort *
Old 09-06-2010, 09:56 PM   #763
Charleston Princess
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by eandesmom View Post
That picture is hysterical!
We had a good laugh when we saw it.

Quote:
Oh Chelsea. I wish I could tell you it would get better, but it will be worse. However as long as there aren't enabling factors around her, you'll still be able to get her up.
I figure it is just going to get worse. She was killing us on this trip because she has never not wanted to get up on vacation!

Quote:
AK is the one park where I really would have loved to have a car. It would have made a difference more than once on our trip. In general I am glad we avoided the cost but....
It's such a drag to drive all the way down to Disney from Atlanta, but we did really appreciate having our car once we were there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by martinolichfamily View Post
I'm in!
A little late...but all caught up now!
So great that the camera was found! We too had a missing item one of the days we were there and luckily found a great CM to help us!
Great TR so far....cant wait to read more!
Welcome!!! I have decided that if I have to lose something somewhere, I would choose to do it at Disney.

Quote:
Originally Posted by micandminforever View Post
Great pictures of Animal Kingdom, I love the fact Connor and Chelsea are climbing all over the dinosaur.
I always get a little nervous that one of them is going to fall off, and we will have a broken arm to deal with -- so far, so good, though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by micandminforever View Post
Let me know which mall, I am going to try to make the Dis meet.
Can't wait to meet you on Saturday!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 999ghostslover View Post
We do them every time. We have so many! It is one of the best values and my engineer husband makes it his mission to get as many as possible in the box. He has a competition with some friends (he kicks their butts). You gotta do it!
I need someone to pack our box -- we did a Lego tub for Connor on this trip, and we are not very good at maximizing the space.

Quote:
Was the park crowded? Were you there close to rope drop? Looks like a great day.
We were there at rope drop, and it was pretty quiet for the first couple of hours. It did get progressively more crowded as the day went on.

Quote:
For more redneck Disney fun...
Many on the CSR FAQ thread are reporting a family of wild pigs at CSR and of course there is the alligator in Lake Dorado. So now that is the redneck AKL. For the night-vision tour, we will be duct-taping flashlights to our mickey ears and heading out!
Wild pigs??? Too funny about the night vision tour with flashlights on your Mickey ears! LOL!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat0727 View Post
LOL at your Dinosaur photo! Thanks to the Dis, I have many redneck photos. I don't know how I didn't think of it before to take a picture of a picture
Same here! I never would have thought of it if I hadn't seen it on the DIS first!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DWGal210 View Post
What a cute picture of the kids on the dinosaur! Darling!!
We have many pictures of them on that dinosaur over the years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DWGal210 View Post
I am with your Dinosaur ride photo. I think you should crop out the other rows and use that as your Christmas card this year......just a thought.
What a fun idea!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by *dreamit*doit* View Post
That was pretty much how we reacted when we saw the picture! Of course, Charles tried to tell us he wasn't scared at all, but that photo sure tells a different story!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dancin_princess View Post
That's too funny of Chelsea recording you guys singing "Happy Birthday" to her.
The video itself is pretty amusing, too!

Quote:
McDonald's coffee drinks are really good. I've been hooked on them (when I can't get to Starbucks or Dunkin Donuts) Loved Connor's happy Disney dance!
We have been to McDonald's quite a few times for coffee drinks since we have been home.

Quote:
I enjoyed reading Chelsea's post (with your comments) and I'm so glad to know there is still honest people out there.
Me too! It made me very happy!

Quote:
How awesome is it that Goofy called Chelsea at Le Cellier to tell her Happy Birthday.
It was so cute!!!

Quote:
I can never keep my head up for Dinosaur either.
Every time, I tell myself I am going to keep my head up, but as soon as we approach that part of the ride, down goes my head. LOL!

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneydreamingdebby View Post
Hi Stranger! I started school, my girls started school, and my students showed up. I do love teaching, but wow, it does infridge on Dis time!
Hi!!! Yes, teaching seems to take a big chunk out of my day. LOL!

Quote:
Okay, did you figure out what made this trip different for Charles? He is not only participating, he is making suggestions?? Next thing you know he will be on the Dis!!
I have tried to pinpoint it, but can't quite decide. I think part of it was giving him some say-so in the decisions, another part was that we made sure to take a mid-day break every single day.

Quote:
I don't think Connor will be a jaded teen. I think he will stay just as cool as he is now!
I hope so!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happydog View Post
Okay really I made it! Two and a half posts later and all the banter between!!
You did a good job!

Quote:
I, like everyone else am waiting to hear what Asia holds!!! Or was that Africa? Can't remember our next stop!
It's Asia! For probably the next two or three posts. You know I always take a million pictures in Animal Kingdom.

Quote:
Okay sooooo.....

first YAY to Mrs. WigD for the fun with the disco ball, that is soo neat!! I love that she thinks of others so often.
I agree!!!

Quote:
Okay, the whole Illuminations "this is not the man I married" was FUUUUUUNNNNNNY.
Charles has never willingly volunteered to stay for a nighttime show before -- it was Bizarro World for sure!

Quote:
I liked the German KP mission too, this one was on the heels of a very good bottle of wine in Italy, however, so I really don't remember much...
I remember the pictures, though.

Quote:
With the soccer shirts, BUONA ITALIA! BRAVO! My boys have that shirt, too!
Charles actually wore his today.

Quote:
And yay for getting up and heading to the AK for iced cappuccinos!! OH and DINOland -- about that, I don't much like Dinosaur either! Too jerky a ride I think -- but also, do you know I have never been in that gift shop? The toy store? I don't know that I have ever seen it let alone know it was there!!! COOL!!!! Well now I have a reason to go back!!!
Lots of cute theming in the Dinoland store! It's right across from Primeval Whirl and Triceratop Spin. I like Dinosaur, just not that scary mouth-breathing dinosaur at the end.

Quote:
AND I loved your little musing about DC vs. Memorial Day vacation for Free Dining!! Decisions, decisions... I am toying with the same thing, I cannot lie.. I just have to bring my DH around to the idea...
Charles told me I could decide whichever -- then, we played the "Where Would We Eat?" Game which is one of our favorite Disney games to play.
Old 09-06-2010, 10:05 PM   #764
Charleston Princess
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisMomAmy View Post
Love the redneck ride photo!

I agree about driving to the parks, except MK... and I think AK is the shortest walk from the lots.
Thanks! We drove to every park except MK, and I think you are right, the AK lots are the closest to the front.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenjolt View Post
Loved this update! What a great morning at AK!!! The pictures of Chelsea and Connor with the dinosaur are just adorable!! Great memories being made!!!
Thanks! I should do a collage of Chelsea and Connor on the dinosaur -- they have changed so much from year to year.

Quote:
You on Dinosaur...made me laugh!! It's a scary ride for sure!!
Wait until you see some of the other ride photos. LOL!

Quote:
You know I'm so going to miss having my car with me at Disney this next trip, and your post just reinforced that for me. I love being able to get to the parks early, park up close and walk to the entrance and then be close at the end of the day. Oh well, time for a new experience I guess!
Since you are going during the off-season, the buses shouldn't be bad at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BippityBoo View Post
Hello. My name is Katie. I am your DINO RIDE twin...

**That is me in the black**

What IS it about that ride?!
Yes, we are Dinosaur Twins for sure!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dancegrl624 View Post
My family LOVES Dinosaur! I covered my DD's eyes last year when they take your picture and she got mad at me!
Too funny! I have a similar story about Connor and Everest for the next update (or the one after that one).

Quote:
Originally Posted by momn9702 View Post
Love your tr, I read your last one too. So glad your DH is enjoying the fun this time.
Welcome!!! I was so glad Charles was enjoying himself on this trip! It made a nice change from last summer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdotla View Post
Thanks! We thought it was pretty funny, too.

Quote:
I agree!!! Charles and I are completely sold on the driving our car to the parks after this trip.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wigdoutdismom View Post
I think that ride photo is really a hoot! Charles and Connor seem to be enjoying the ride but I'm not so sure about Chelsea. You? No mistake....
Chelsea wasn't crazy about the ride this year for some reason. It never bothered her before. Yep, there's no mistaking the fact that I just can't face some of those dinosaurs.

Quote:
It's a bumpy ride but I rather like it and Shocker rather doesn't!
We all really like it (believe it or not). I would love to ride the Indiana Jones ride at Disneyland that is supposed to have the same kind of track.

Quote:
Hmmmm, more potato head parts just might be in my future.
Does ebay have any or are they just too expensive on there? You will have to load up on your next trip!

Quote:
Can't wait for Asia!
You know I took a ton of pictures!
Old 09-06-2010, 10:13 PM   #765
Charleston Princess
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGICFOR2 View Post
Got so busy in July I forgot to keep track of your TR! I'll be back to read!
Welcome back!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by reelmom View Post
We always take our car in the mornings, too. We love being early for rope drop. So we drive and then use the bus to go back to our hotel for breaks. That way, our car is still in the close parking spot when we leave.
Oh, that's a good idea! I will have to remember that tip! The return to the parks at night was always the tricky part for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryAz View Post
Your last update just reinforces why I do not ride Dinosaur!! great photo
It really isn't that bad! To put it in perspective, I bury my head before the drop on POTC, too. I am a big ride chicken. LOL!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartangirl View Post
Jackie ~ Your redneck photo from Dinosaur has got to be one of the best I've seen! What a classic!!! Chris and I have plenty of redneck pics too, but none that can even compare to yours!
Thanks!!! We laughed pretty hard when we saw it! Even Charles and Connor have great expressions. I giggle every time I see it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGICFOR2 View Post
Yay! All caught up! I'm so glad school started so I had a chance to catch up. Looks like such a great start to Chelsea's Magical Birthday Trip. I'm glad the camera was recovered! Great stash of souvies so far. Loved the redneck ride photo! It looks good enough to frame! Hope you had a nice Holiday! School starts here tomorrow, and you already have a month in
Yeay for being caught up! It's hard to believe that we have already been in school a month. It has flown by!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vamassey1 View Post
Your "redneck" dino picture is priceless.

You got lots of great shots in Dinoland and I know there will be lots more to come. Looking forward to your Asia shots.
Thanks!!! I always take a lot of pictures in Animal Kingdom. It will probably take me six updates to get through the entire day.

Quote:
Hey Jackie!!

Well I am actually going to bed, but I wanted to pop over to say HI! Since I saw your green light on!!!! I am so sore! I did more landscaping in one day than I care to think about! I am beat. But I did start my DTD day, and I am SLOWLY creeping up through my replies! I am looking forward to your next AK stop!!!
Hi, HD! I should probably be in bed, but I wanted to catch up on the DIS. We had family in town this weekend, so I didn't get to relax quite as much as I would have liked, but we had fun.

I bet you are beat from all the yard work you did this weekend! Is the landscaping officially finished yet?

Quote:
Have a good short week! We have Thursday off for a Jewish holiday observance.
It's Rosh Hashanah, isn't it? One of my very closest friends is Jewish, and I think she mentioned it was this week.

Quote:
We are going to the Washington Monument (do you know I have never been!!!??) If you want to do this you should check into the ticketing process.
That sounds like fun! Do you get tickets ahead of time for the Washington Monument? There is so much I don't know about DC...

Quote:
Anyhow, I will be back to check up on you this week!!
Have a great start to the week!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: