Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-03-2010, 06:19 AM   #331
Charleston Princess
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mousescrapper View Post
Great update Jacqueline
Thanks!

Quote:
So was your ADR under Jackie then...wonder what name they will call for us I think all the ADR's are under my first name...
No, my ADR was under "Jacqueline" which is my actual first name -- Jackie is just my nickname that everyone calls me.

Quote:
"felt dirty".....poor kid but great sneaky back entrance there! sorry about the rain...are you not a poncho wearing bunch? isn't that a staple in every Disers attire?
We like to live foolishly and never carry ponchos.

Quote:
Just love how Chelesa's button went straight up for all to see...and looks like a great place to eat...we are looking forward to it in Nov too...I jotted down notes to remember

Now tell me....

was the bread "free" or an ordered app w/ Charles salad?

and

what is your b-day button etiquete? do you/child wear the entire stay or just on the b-days....

can't wait for more...

J~[/COLOR]
The plate of bread and olives is free, and I am not sure the actual etiquette, but Chelsea wore her button all week. I think most people do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by btallennc3 View Post
We are going from September 4th (our flight is really early my plac is to be in epcot by 3 lol then we fly home on the 7th) Short trip but it is all DH could get off from wrok but it is DISNEY so i am not compleing lol
Short trips are better than nothing!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by btallennc3 View Post
I agree those would make great x-mass presents I will have to look for those
Good idea!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vamassey1 View Post
Very fun update!

Poor Conner, feeling "dirty" about the little white lie.

Love the picture of you and Charles with your drinks.

Oh My! That picture of Chelsea with her birthday desert is fabulous. She's is just glowing!
Connor is at that age where everything is right or wrong -- there is no gray area in his life.

Thanks!

Chelsea was in heaven!!!
Old 08-03-2010, 06:34 AM   #332
Charleston Princess
DIS Veteran

Pirates!

I go back to work tomorrow, so in an effort to cheer us all up, I thought I would share a couple of pictures my aunt, who lives in Hawaii, sent my mom.

She said in her email, "We have a new ship docked windward and the whole island is excited. It's the Queen Ann's Revenge, here to start filming the Pirates of the Caribbean 4: On Stranger Tides. They started casting calls months ago, scooping up the guys from my poetry class, who all look like pirates (or cast-aways), but not so much the girls. Of course, getting near her is a problem--so...we took pictures from the jungle."

I was beside myself with excitement when I saw these pictures! So cool!

We are headed out to do school supply shopping today -- I may have to get a coffee drink to get through this. Chelsea heard that Target has locker disco balls, so she is all about getting one of those. She could really care less about the actual supplies that she needs.

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-03-2010, 07:11 AM   #333
momof2TNboys
DIS Veteran

Is that Bali Hai in the background? It looks like Kauai. Am I right? That is so awesome!!! I love Hawaii. Only 10 months to go until I see it again.

Old 08-03-2010, 07:12 AM   #334
momof2TNboys
DIS Veteran

It may also be Chinamans Hat on Oahu. I am not sure from the picture. Looks great though. I wish I was there.

Old 08-03-2010, 07:27 AM   #335
CanadianWDWfan
DIS Veteran

Very cool pics!

One day I want to visit Hawaii! Look at that water! Gorgeous!

Good Luck school shopping, I did that last Friday.

A locker Disco ball sounds very fun! Hope you find it!

Lexi still enjoys back to school shopping but my son just said "eh, thanks"
He could care less about picking out new school stuff.
As long as he has binders and pens/pencils on the first day he is happy.
Happy is not the right word ...... he never goes back to school happy!
Old 08-03-2010, 07:32 AM   #336
punkin413
feel the magic, dang it!

very cool! i will have to show those to ray. oh, and does your aunt need a roommate in hawaii, by chance???

good luck school supply shopping. no locker is complete without a disco ball....duh. last year i made the mistake of going to target in athens right around the time UGA was going back to school. that place was a madhouse filled with freshmen girls and their mothers loading up their carts with dorm room supplies and they were all SO RUDE. i thought i was gonna get in a fight just getting in and out of there!
Old 08-03-2010, 08:28 AM   #338
hollisterluva92
DIS Veteran

Awesome pics! How lucky of your aunt to be able to see that! I can't wait for pirates 4! I loved all of the movies and of course Captain Jack It's so weird for me this year since i'm a college freshman not to have to go school shopping. I still have to go get a backpack and some pens and pencils but that's about it! It sort of makes me sad because I'm not living in a dorm so I don't get the fun of shopping for my dorm Oh well, there's always next year! Hopefully by then i'll be living in my own apartment, let's hope!

2014--August--MOVING TO FLORIDA FOR GOOD!!
2014--May--Best Friend Trip! All Star Sports
2013-DCP Spring--Entertainment Costuming/Character Performer
2010-Port Orleans Riverside (Mother/Daughter Graduation Trip) (Age 17)
2008-Saratoga Springs (Grandparents & Grandkids) (Age 15)
2007-All Star Music (High School Band Trip) (Age 14)
2004-Animal Kingdom Lodge (Age 11)
1998-Grand Floridian (Age 6 and Brother 6 months)
1997-Grand Floridian (Age 5)
1996-Grand Floridian (Age 4)
1995-Grand Floridian (Age 3)
Old 08-03-2010, 08:48 AM   #339
If U Had Wings
DIS Veteran

That is so cool! I can't wait to see Captain Jack again. Sigh.

So lucky to have an Aunt in Hawaii. I'm sure she must be very popular amoung her family for visiting.

Hockety Pockety Wockety Wack a Tale of a Trip from the Back of the Pack

Ferb, I Know What We're Going to Do Today! 12/5-12/1213.1 Before I hit 40 - A New PTR
Old 08-03-2010, 08:56 AM   #340
jillyb
DIS Veteran

Very cool picture! Your Aunt will have to keep us updated on the movie progress!

I got the last of Hannah's school supplies on Saturday. 22 more days until she and Alison go back to school. I had some time to kill this morning so went to Target. I found some very cute vintage Mickey Mouse notebooks. They had 3 designs and, since I couldn't make up my mind which one I liked the best I bought all 3! I'll probably use one to take notes on our trip and debating on whether to give one to the girls for the trip or save them for stocking stuffers. I have such a hard time figuring out what to put in their stockings that when I find something I hate to give it up! LOL

June 2008 @ Pop Century
Thanksgiving 2010 @ Pop Century

Will We Stay or Will We Go - Thanksgiving Pre Trip/Trip Report http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2413919

It's Going to be a Capitol Vacation! Washington, D.C. August 13-18, 2009 Pre-Trip/Trip Report http://disboards.com/showthread.php?...1#post32476006
Old 08-03-2010, 09:17 AM   #341
pigletforever
DIS Veteran

Great pictures from Hawaii. We have a good friend who is a stunt double for a couple of the main characters of the Pirates series. We ran into his parents when we were home this summer on vacation. They told us that there would be a #5 as well because our friend had already been signed.

1994 off site (WDW), 1996 Contemp (WDW),
2006 AKL CL (WDW), 2009 OCTOBER 21-25 Sheraton Anaheim (DLR), 2010 Jan 4 -9 Holiday Inn and Suites (DLR)
Dec2010/Jan 2011WL (WDW), November 16,2013 Wonder, November 23, 2014 Magic
Old 08-03-2010, 09:27 AM   #342
MeMom
DIS Veteran

I have only seen one Pirates movies - the first one. I'm not so into them, and Johnny Depp is not my type, but the pictures are cool, and that is a beautiful place.

Good luck with the school shopping. I think I am going to run up to Target in a little while and price the plastic animals they have for my Rafiki's Planet Watch area of my room. Target has, in the past anyway, had some very realistic looking animals, so I hope they still have them.

It has been a good summer, but it is clearer every day that it is about to end.
Mingos in da Watah! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2758143
Geen Yight: She's Out of Sight! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2677011
My Name is NOT Broccoli www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2611094
From Pop to the Top www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2495977
Mother, May I? Yes, You May www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2448482
Ringing in 2010 www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2356794
Brooklynn Takes Bella to Meet Cinderella www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2209387
A Two Short, Too Different Spring Break Trip www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2122295
Over the river and through the FUN! http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post29060069
A Ten Day Ride on a Magic Camel www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1869591
Baby and the Tramp...and a Pop Half Century www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1470678

We've stayed at Pop Century, All Star Sports, All Star Movies, All Star Music, French Quarter, Wilderness Lodge, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Art of Animation, Beach Club, Vero Beach, Kidani Village and Saratoga Springs - many trips, and many wonderful, magical memories made.
Old 08-03-2010, 09:39 AM   #343
praisehisname
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charleston Princess View Post
Chelsea heard that Target has locker disco balls, so she is all about getting one of those.
Oh, lordy, don't let Maggie find out about this...she'd be all over that! My kids go back August 30, and they are already chomping at the bit to start shopping.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeMom View Post
Johnny Depp is not my type, but the pictures are cool, and that is a beautiful place.
Johnny Depp isn't my type, either...but Captain Jack is!!!

07/87 DLR***05/98 All-Star Music***01/04 Polynesian/4-night Wonder***02/05 7-night Magic Eastern***
09/07 Beach Club***10/08 7-night Magic Special Western (double-dipping at Castaway Cay!!!)
***12/09 Pop Century***08/13 7 night Fantasy Western

Old 08-03-2010, 09:46 AM   #344
2xcited2sleep
DIS Veteran

Very cool. Hopefully your aunt can keep us up to date with any scoop while they're filming!

A locker disco ball... that is TOO much!

Old 08-03-2010, 10:25 AM   #345
pooh'smate
My ticker is actually a day off

Hey Jackie just wanted to let you know that I googled Queen Anne's Revenge and she was Blackbeard's ship. It is believed that she is off the coast of North Carolina. So cool that your aunt saw the ship.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: