Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-01-2010, 11:58 AM   #286
MeMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charleston Princess View Post
I can picture myself walking right into this private entrance right now. Thank you for taking me to Epcot this morning.

Quote:
Very cute, and a great souvenir!
Mingos in da Watah! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2758143
Geen Yight: She's Out of Sight! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2677011
My Name is NOT Broccoli www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2611094
From Pop to the Top www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2495977
Mother, May I? Yes, You May www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2448482
Ringing in 2010 www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2356794
Brooklynn Takes Bella to Meet Cinderella www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2209387
A Two Short, Too Different Spring Break Trip www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2122295
Over the river and through the FUN! http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post29060069
A Ten Day Ride on a Magic Camel www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1869591
Baby and the Tramp...and a Pop Half Century www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1470678

We've stayed at Pop Century, All Star Sports, All Star Movies, All Star Music, French Quarter, Wilderness Lodge, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Art of Animation, Beach Club, Vero Beach, Kidani Village and Saratoga Springs - many trips, and many wonderful, magical memories made.
Old 08-01-2010, 12:05 PM   #287
BrooklynnsMommy
DIS Veteran

Great update! Got to love those Florida rain showers!
Register to remove

Old 08-01-2010, 12:08 PM   #288
Lady Lallie
DIS Veteran

Mmmmm...Tutto sounds soooo good.

Ha(!) to Chelsea moving her Birthday button. Silly girl, not listening to her Mama.

How was the cheesecake she ordered?

Chelsea is much too mature for a boy of 11. Pffft.
Old 08-01-2010, 12:09 PM   #289
Happydog
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2xcited2sleep View Post
I am wondering where the "proper" slushie glasses are, though? I think they are usually plastic martini glasses?
Um, yeah.... THAT was some serious "pouring" from the Grand Marnier Slushie machine!!!! NO wonder you said that worked out well!!! I am a firm believer... And what a great way to warm up to the rain!!!!

And I am with C -- Charles sure seems to have enjoyed this trip thus far!!! Soccer shirts, drinks, all the above! THAT is what it is supposed to be, hands down!!!!

Okay, now, to that POST of yours....

First, poor Connor feeling bad about the parking at Beach Club. We do it a lot, I have to confess, mostly I do make ADRs at resorts so I can travel from parks there and back -- that helps with the guilt!

Okay, then this Birthday button... TOOOOOOOOOOOOO funny that story, She is SO a girl! That cracked me up!! They do sing well! Nolyn recognized the song from his school, he was singing it too.... Dinner and dessert sound wonderful, and that bellini!!! YUMMO!

Crazy what happened with the train in Germany! That had to have a story!

Looking forward to your end of the day pool shots. That really made for a great evening your first night there, I am sure!

Twas the Night BEFORE Christmas 09?!PTR! Ho Ho Ho!Away we go!A WDW Christmas 09 TR! All aboard a WONDERful TR! Boo to YOU! Sept 09 TR
WDW 4th of July 09 PTR!I Want to Ride the Cotton Ball! July 4th 09 TR!Snow, Savannah, & NO School! Feb '10 TR Christmas fix MVMCP 2010 TR
One Family, One Year - a June '10 PTR The Ingredients for Pixie Dust - June '10 TR Disney-Landing Halloween - a Halloween '10 PTR/TR
Dream for two - Feb '11 TRSummer of Sea and Shore - June '11 PTR Strapping Turtles on our Feet! - June/July '11 TR
MY MAGICal Black Friday Thanksgiving Cruise - Nov '11 PTR/TR

Oct 2000 - Disney Magic 7 night cruise * Oct '03 - Contemporary * Oct '05 - WLV * Nov '08 - SSR * June/July '09 - OKW * Sept '09 - CBR * Dec '09 - BCV * Feb '10 - AKL * Feb '10 - Disney Wonder 3 night Cruise/Disney HH * June '10 - BLT/BCV * Oct '10 - Grand Californian * Dec '10 AKV - Kidani * February '11 - Disney Dream 4 night cruise/BLT * June '11 - Disney Dream 5 night cruise/Disney's Vero Beach/Ft. Wilderness/AKL Jambo * Oct '11 - WLV/SSR * Nov '11 Disney Magic 7 night cruise * February '12 - Disney Dream 4 night cruise/AKL Jambo * June/July '12 - BCV/WLV * Nov '12 Disney Fantasy 7 night cruise * July '13 AKV - Jambo * Sept '13 - AOA * Oct '13 - F & W SSR * Jan '14 AKV - Kidani * June '14 - BLT * August '14 Aulani * Halloween '14 Disney Wonder 5 night cruise * January '15 Disney Fantasy 7 night cruise * April '15 Disneyland resort *

Last edited by Happydog; 08-01-2010 at 09:35 PM.
Old 08-01-2010, 12:10 PM   #290
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Great update; love the pics of the birthday girl...she looks like she had a really good time.
Old 08-01-2010, 12:22 PM   #291
eandesmom
I'm with Beast

Quote:
[
As soon as we reached bag check, it started raining. We dashed to England and the shops -- Charles was on a mission to find World Cup soccer t-shirts. He also wanted to see what England had in the way of Chelsea soccer team shirts (his favorite team). He didn’t see anything that grabbed him in England, so we decided to head towards Germany and the African Outpost (Anita had told us there was a large selection of shirts at both those places).
Clearly he didn't buy anything that day, was there much to pick from? Jeff would love to know.

Quote:
Watching the storm pass is much easier with a drink in hand:
I am going to remember that strategy. How much did it rain? I wasn't planning on packing umbrellas and the like in park bags. We will have poncho's and a hairbrush, will that be enough? I've never gone in the summer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CP

Finally, through all the chaos and the noise, I heard the maitre ‘d call out, “Jacqueline? Jacqueline, are you here?” (He pronounced it with such a lovely Italian accent.)

I jumped up and exclaimed, “Yes, yes, I am!”

It was time to be seated!!! Hurray!
Do I get that? My first name called in a lovely Italian accent?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedy View Post
Italian boys singing and chocolate cake...sounds like Chelsea's version of a Grey Goose slushie.
I think it would be Kendall's too! I'm so excited about this, we have a ressie there for our first night after Paul and Sandie arrive and we have 3 birthdays in the bunch that we are celebrating so they better wear their buttons!
Old 08-01-2010, 12:42 PM   #292
Charleston Princess
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by praisehisname View Post
Yeah, what kind of example are you being for your kids, Jackie?
I know -- I should be so ashamed of myself, but the ease of doing it outweighed my conscience. LOL!

Quote:
How did you like it? I've never tried one, because I'm not a huge fan of Grand Marnier.
Oh, I loved it, but I like anything orange-flavored.

Quote:
Oh my goodness, you weren't kidding about getting soaked!
It was POURING, and all I could think was, "This is not how I wanted the trip to start." Luckily, everyone just took it in stride, and once I had a drink, it was all good!

Quote:
Did Connor come up with a backstory for this?
He was so upset by it, his creativity dried right up. He wanted to jump the fence and fix it!

Quote:
Yeah, Charles, come on out! It's more fun out here!
Just you wait!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeMom View Post
I can picture myself walking right into this private entrance right now. Thank you for taking me to Epcot this morning.
I wish I was there right now! It would be so much more fun than staring at my floors thinking I should probably pull the vacuum out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeMom
Very cute, and a great souvenir!
Chelsea was very pleased with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynnsMommy View Post
Great update! Got to love those Florida rain showers!
Luckily, it was the only one we encountered the entire week!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Lallie View Post
Mmmmm...Tutto sounds soooo good.

Ha(!) to Chelsea moving her Birthday button. Silly girl, not listening to her Mama.
You would think she would learn that I know what I am talking about!

Quote:
How was the cheesecake she ordered?
Neither Chelsea nor I loved it. It was a little on the dry side. The gelato was much better.

Quote:
Chelsea is much too mature for a boy of 11. Pffft.
Mmmhmmm, she was flattered at first, but quickly became annoyed with him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happydog View Post
Um, yeah.... THAT was some serious "pouring" from the Grand Marnier Slushie machine!!!! NO wonder you said that worked out well!!! I am a firm believer... And what a great way to warm up to the rain!!!!
Regular glasses from here on out is our motto! Charles was very impressed with that little tidbit!

Quote:
And I am with C -- Charles sure seems to have enjoyed this trip thus far!!! Soccer shirts, drinks, all the above! THAT is what it is supposed to be, hands down!!!!
Just wait -- as the trip went on, it got better and better.

Quote:
Okay, now, to that POST of yours....

First, poor Connor feeling bad about the parking at Beach Club. We do it a lot, I have to confess, mostly I do make ADRs at resorts so I can travel from parks there and back -- that helps with the guilt!
Poor Connor, but is it a sign of my moral turpitude that I didn't have one twinge of guilt about parking at the Beach Club? Especially considering that I did it more than once?

Quote:
Okay, then this Birthday button... TOOOOOOOOOOOOO funny that story, She is SO a girl! That cracked me up!! They do sing well! Nolyn recognized the song from his school, he was singing it too.... Diner and dessert sound wonderful, and that bellini!!! YUMMO!
I really wish I could convey her reaction with words, and then, how quickly that button was moved. It had me rolling!!!

Quote:
Crazy what happened with the train in Germany! That had to have a story!
That poor train!

Quote:
Looking forward to your end of the day pool shots. That really made for a great evening your first night there, I am sure!
It did -- it was just lovely to lay there on a lounge chair and let the kids do their thing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
Great update; love the pics of the birthday girl...she looks like she had a really good time.
She was having a blast!

Quote:
Originally Posted by eandesmom View Post
Clearly he didn't buy anything that day, was there much to pick from? Jeff would love to know.
There are several soccer jersey type shirts in all the different countries -- they are there year-round. The next day, the shops were already clearing out most of the World Cup shirts -- we were able to snag the ones Charles and his BIL wanted, but they were disappearing fast.

Quote:
I am going to remember that strategy. How much did it rain? I wasn't planning on packing umbrellas and the like in park bags. We will have poncho's and a hairbrush, will that be enough? I've never gone in the summer.
I think those quick rainstorms are pretty common, but we were lucky. That was the only time it rained the whole trip.

Quote:
Do I get that? My first name called in a lovely Italian accent?
If the reservation is in your name. Can I just tell you that I am so glad I made it in my full name, and not just Jackie? Hearing "Jacqueline" called out by an Italian was quite, quite nice.

Quote:
I think it would be Kendall's too! I'm so excited about this, we have a ressie there for our first night after Paul and Sandie arrive and we have 3 birthdays in the bunch that we are celebrating so they better wear their buttons!
Yes, make sure birthday buttons are in full view and remind them at the podium when you check in that you are celebrating birthdays.
Old 08-01-2010, 01:05 PM   #293
wigdoutdismom
DIS Veteran

Jackie, feel free to park in our personal spot at the Beach Club anytime! Just give them the secret sign at the gate and you will be in!
I'm dying of curiosity now, did Charles purchase a jersey or not?!?

Chelsea the cradle robber, tell her to leave those pre-teen boys alone!
AND
Connor must come up with a story for that train wreck!
Old 08-01-2010, 01:06 PM   #294
Roxychica7
DIS Veteran

"A gaggle of Italian men"
Love it! Your meal looks so tasty, especially Chelsea's cheesecake! Tutto is actually the 1st restaurant that Blake and I tried on our 1st time on the dining plan, it was so delicious! Love the eyeglass case too, so pretty!
Jess (Me)-29 Blake (DF)-28 Our Italian Greyhound and our salt water tank
WHY did you do it? 2010
Upcoming Trip: Pop Century!
Old 08-01-2010, 01:18 PM   #295
mermaid764
DIS Veteran

Italian waiters serenading you and chocolate mousse sounds like a pretty awesome birthday so far.

I love the pics of Spaceship earth and Chelsea's eyeglass case it really pretty.

Looking forward to more

Old 08-01-2010, 01:23 PM   #296
jillyb
DIS Veteran

Great update! I was at the train wreck, the "do I get that?!" and then the mysterious appearance of the birthday button. Very pretty picture of Chelsea with the flowers. If Charles is becoming a Disney lover there may be hope yet for Clay!

June 2008 @ Pop Century
Thanksgiving 2010 @ Pop Century

Will We Stay or Will We Go - Thanksgiving Pre Trip/Trip Report http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2413919

It's Going to be a Capitol Vacation! Washington, D.C. August 13-18, 2009 Pre-Trip/Trip Report http://disboards.com/showthread.php?...1#post32476006
Old 08-01-2010, 02:10 PM   #297
Poolrat
I am alive, sometimes I wonder too!
I probably would be glued to the side

Quote:
We were seated in the main dining room and thankfully, had a young waiter that made Chelsea giggle and smile with delight.
As we were waiting on our drinks to arrive, we saw a group of Italian waiters singing “Happy Birthday” to another diner. Chelsea’s jaw dropped, her eyes widened, and in an awestruck voice she said, “Do I get that???”

I nonchalantly replied, “If they know it is your birthday…”

Notice anything different in this picture?

I had to stop reading, stop laughing, take off my glasses to wipe my eyes, several times, and then continue reading.
TOO FUNNY!!!!
The look on her face says soooooo much. Oh Jackie, watch out there will be lots of boys hanging around from now on!

You see in my house,the button would have stayed hidden. In fact, we ate at Coral Reef for my husband's birthday and all they did was bring out the personalized menu, and he saw the diver and he almost totally flipped out and not in a good way. Not quite sure what happened there.

Drink in a full size cup? That's the way to go. I must agree, you cannot risk spillage. Put that on my list.

The Bellini looks great too!

If Charles is coming around, maybe, just maybe I can get my DH just not to hate it so much. I really think he needs to go again and since the kids are not liitle anymore, he can really enjoy himself if he would just let himself.
POOLRAT PATI am a Disney Dork. 75- Contemporary,77- offsite Hyatt,86- offsite 1 day trip,88- offsite 1 day trip,98- Contemporary w/kids,01- All Stars Movies,05- Boardwalk,06- Coronado,07- Carribbean Beach,08- Beach Club,Oct 09 - POP/Coronado, Dec09/Jan 10 ASMu/ CSR , July '10-POP, Sept '10 POFQ,Oct '10 2X for F&W @ POP Oct'11-ASSp Dec '11-DVC SSR/AKL July '12- BCV, Sept '12- DL, Oct '12- BCV, Dec'12-POP Jan '13- OKW May '13-BWV Oct '13- BCV DEC '13- BCV May14-POP Aug 14- VWL Oct '14-DL Feb '15 -AKVK May '15 EEC- July'15 Big Birthday blowout ............ Can't wait to go back
Old 08-01-2010, 02:46 PM   #298
hollisterluva92
DIS Veteran

Great update!!! I never knew there was a private entrance to Epcot! I might have to try that out on my next trip! My mom tried one of the grand marnier slushies on our last trip! She thought it was delicious! I tried a sip, it was pretty good! I love how Chelsea was like, "Do I get to be serenaded by these gorgeous Italian men??" I would've said the same exact thing! So cute about the little boy who hit on her! And I agree, she's much too mature for an 11 year old

2014--August--MOVING TO FLORIDA FOR GOOD!!
2014--May--Best Friend Trip! All Star Sports
2013-DCP Spring--Entertainment Costuming/Character Performer
2010-Port Orleans Riverside (Mother/Daughter Graduation Trip) (Age 17)
2008-Saratoga Springs (Grandparents & Grandkids) (Age 15)
2007-All Star Music (High School Band Trip) (Age 14)
2004-Animal Kingdom Lodge (Age 11)
1998-Grand Floridian (Age 6 and Brother 6 months)
1997-Grand Floridian (Age 5)
1996-Grand Floridian (Age 4)
1995-Grand Floridian (Age 3)
Old 08-01-2010, 02:50 PM   #299
luvfigment
Member of the 'Jambo! WildBunch'
DIS Veteran

Great update! That was funny that Connor was so upset that you didn't tell the whole truth as to why you were at the Beach Club. That stinks it was raining so much when you got to Epcot but at least you were there for dinner so it didn't affect your plans too much.

Love how Chelsea quickly moved her birthday buttong and enjoyed her serenade. Her smile in those pictures really showed how much she was enjoying it.

Looking forward to reading more.
1983 Off Property~1986 Polynesian~1987 Off Property~1988 Disney Village Resort~1989 CBR-Jamaica~1990 Swan~1992 CBR-Aruba~1994 Dixie Landings~1996 Dixie~1998 Grad Night at All Star Sports~ 1998 Dixie~1999 Yacht Club~2001 OKW~2004 Shades of Green~2005 AKL (DH's first trip)~2006 First trip to Disneyland-Paradise Pier~2006 AKL~Oct 2007 Disneymoon Polynesian~Sept. 2008 ASMu~Oct. 2008 Wilderness Lodge CL 1 yr Anniversary~Sept 2013 Wilderness Lodge~
Old 08-01-2010, 03:43 PM   #300
OhioDisneyLover
DIS Veteran

Awesome update!

I had to giggle out loud when I read about the birthday button. Hmm, interesting that she made it more visable. I thought that was very cute.

That drink looked devine! Yum.......

I laughed when I read "drowned rats." It seems that this happens to me all the time, although I am jealous that my hair doesn't dry as lovely as Chelsea's. She has such beautiful hair.

I hope Connor got over being upset about your parking choice.

Looking forward to reading more.

Hey BangBang Chicken...Where's Carl?http://www.disboards.com/showthread....3#post50814403 CURRENT TR in Progress Really? All of us? ... a Jan PTR: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3186622
The Most Wonderful Thing About Tiggers...happened to us! A 2013 TRhttp://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3066866
Road Trip! Stop1: Inkedupmomma's Wedding, Stop 2: Disney - A Feb 2013 PTR http://www.disboards.com/showthread....0#post45966160
Small Po-taaaa-toes! My Sept 2011 TR http://www.disboards.com/showthread....3#post42885313
The "I said I wasn't going to do a PTR...PTR (Sept 2011) http://www.disboards.com/showthread....9#post39927349
Drama Please End...Fun, Please Begin..A Sept TR http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post38357331

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: