Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-31-2010, 05:16 PM   #271
Poolrat
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charleston Princess View Post
So, are you doing the Backstage Safari with your DS? That would be so neat!
I had offered up the Segway tour to him. He is not as big of an animal lover as my DD is. He does not really want to spend 3 hours of park time on the segway tour and that price tag for both of us is steep. We are going to stop by Innoventions early in the trip for the free demo and if he likes it and wants more there is a 1 hour I believe.

I have done the Segway at work. We have a nature preserve in our County park and rec. and we were guinea pigs when they started offering segway tours for the public. I think My DS would like it, but he was a bit bicycle phobic so I am sure the thought of it makes him nervous but I am sure he will have fun.
POOLRAT PATI am a Disney Dork. 75- Contemporary,77- offsite Hyatt,86- offsite 1 day trip,88- offsite 1 day trip,98- Contemporary w/kids,01- All Stars Movies,05- Boardwalk,06- Coronado,07- Carribbean Beach,08- Beach Club,Oct 09 - POP/Coronado, Dec09/Jan 10 ASMu/ CSR , July '10-POP, Sept '10 POFQ,Oct '10 2X for F&W @ POP Oct'11-ASSp Dec '11-DVC SSR/AKL July '12- BCV, Sept '12- DL, Oct '12- BCV, Dec'12-POP Jan '13- OKW May '13-BWV Oct '13- BCV DEC '13- BCV May14-POP Aug 14- VWL Oct '14-DL?Can't wait to go back
Old 07-31-2010, 06:33 PM   #272
btallennc3
Mouseketeer

You should definitely add it to your list! It was a lovely place to stay!

Are you doing Free Dining?

Yeap we got the free tickets for volunteering and doing the free dinning we are staying at pop Because we just wanted to do counter service (it is the first time hubby and I are goin alone we usely go with my parents) so we are staying at pop. Wanted to stay at ak but you have to do delux dinning.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-31-2010, 06:41 PM   #273
Poolrat
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by btallennc3 View Post
You should definitely add it to your list! It was a lovely place to stay!

Are you doing Free Dining?

Yeap we got the free tickets for volunteering and doing the free dinning we are staying at pop Because we just wanted to do counter service (it is the first time hubby and I are goin alone we usely go with my parents) so we are staying at pop. Wanted to stay at ak but you have to do delux dinning.
When in Sept?? I am there from the 4th - 11th.
POOLRAT PATI am a Disney Dork. 75- Contemporary,77- offsite Hyatt,86- offsite 1 day trip,88- offsite 1 day trip,98- Contemporary w/kids,01- All Stars Movies,05- Boardwalk,06- Coronado,07- Carribbean Beach,08- Beach Club,Oct 09 - POP/Coronado, Dec09/Jan 10 ASMu/ CSR , July '10-POP, Sept '10 POFQ,Oct '10 2X for F&W @ POP Oct'11-ASSp Dec '11-DVC SSR/AKL July '12- BCV, Sept '12- DL, Oct '12- BCV, Dec'12-POP Jan '13- OKW May '13-BWV Oct '13- BCV DEC '13- BCV May14-POP Aug 14- VWL Oct '14-DL?Can't wait to go back
Old 08-01-2010, 10:08 AM   #274
Charleston Princess
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poolrat View Post
I had offered up the Segway tour to him. He is not as big of an animal lover as my DD is. He does not really want to spend 3 hours of park time on the segway tour and that price tag for both of us is steep. We are going to stop by Innoventions early in the trip for the free demo and if he likes it and wants more there is a 1 hour I believe.

I have done the Segway at work. We have a nature preserve in our County park and rec. and we were guinea pigs when they started offering segway tours for the public. I think My DS would like it, but he was a bit bicycle phobic so I am sure the thought of it makes him nervous but I am sure he will have fun.
I think a Segway tour would be a ton of fun!!! I hope you can talk DS into it! He does get a really cool pin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by btallennc3 View Post
Pop is such a fun place to stay!!!
Old 08-01-2010, 10:09 AM   #275
Charleston Princess
DIS Veteran

Could My Sense of Direction Be Any Worse?

July 18, 2010: Part Three

We decided to drive to the Beach Club and use the back entrance of Epcot. We simply told the guard we were going to eat at Beaches and Cream. Connor was so funny because it really bothered him that we had not told the truth. He said it made him feel dirty.

Since it was so hot outside, I thought it was a brilliant idea to walk through the Beach Club to the very last entrance by Epcot. Take it from me, that is not a good idea. We should have gone right through the lobby to the back doors. Instead, we wandered the very long hallways that twisted and turned before reaching the quiet pool and exiting out onto the walkway.

I have to say, I love that private entrance of Christine’s and Anita’s! So convenient to World Showcase!

As soon as we reached bag check, it started raining. We dashed to England and the shops -- Charles was on a mission to find World Cup soccer t-shirts. He also wanted to see what England had in the way of Chelsea soccer team shirts (his favorite team). He didn’t see anything that grabbed him in England, so we decided to head towards Germany and the African Outpost (Anita had told us there was a large selection of shirts at both those places).

The rain had stopped while we were in England, but as soon as we hit the bridge to France, the heavens just opened up! We were soaked by the time we reached France and opted to wait out the rainstorm under the umbrellas where there are normally parasols and silhouette cutters (they had packed up and retreated indoors).

While we waited and watched the rain, Charles happened to glance over and see the Grey Goose stand. He turned to me and said, “I am getting a drink while we are waiting. Do you want one?”

As if he needed to ask!

He came back with Grand Marnier ones -- when I mentioned that he hadn’t come back with Grey Goose slushies, he said he told the woman the right ones, but she must have misunderstood him -- I wasn’t complaining, though -- it was a drink, and it was yummy!

While we enjoyed our drinks, I took some pictures.

The time:

My drowned rats:

Watching the storm pass is much easier with a drink in hand:

The rain ended quickly (as I suspected it would), and we continued our trek to Germany.

The village looked very idyllic.

But what’s this??? A horrible train wreck!!!

Chelsea snapped a couple of photos in Germany. There are lots of shots of the back of my head on this trip.

Charles browsed through the Germany shops, but nothing jumped out at him, so we headed to Africa where my picky, indecisive husband decided to think about what shirts he wanted.

Out of nowhere came a shamin, “It is time to find your true self,” he said to me in a Rafiki-like voice!

Finally, it was time to head to Tutto Italia for dinner which wasn’t a moment too soon since it started to rain again as soon as we stepped inside.

The foyer was crazy busy with all sorts of people checking in for their reservations, and lots trying to secure last minute seatings to escape the rain. We managed to nab a couple of seats while we waited.

Love this light fixture! I think I took a picture of it back in October, too.

Notice Chelsea’s birthday button is way down low on her shirt -- I had told her to put it up higher, but she refused to listen to me. It will play an important role later on.

Connor was happy to just sit and wait.

Finally, through all the chaos and the noise, I heard the maitre ‘d call out, “Jacqueline? Jacqueline, are you here?” (He pronounced it with such a lovely Italian accent.)

I jumped up and exclaimed, “Yes, yes, I am!”

It was time to be seated!!! Hurray!

Last edited by Charleston Princess; 08-21-2010 at 07:48 AM.
Old 08-01-2010, 10:10 AM   #276
Charleston Princess
DIS Veteran

“Do I Get That???”

July 18, 2010: Part Four

We were seated in the main dining room and thankfully, had a young waiter that made Chelsea giggle and smile with delight.

While we were browsing through the menu, I kept telling Chelsea to move her birthday button up to the top of her shirt, but she continued to refuse to listen to me. I finally gave up.

Choices! Choices!

The kids ordered Limonata, I ordered a Bellini, and Charles ordered a glass of red wine of some sort. My Bellini was lovely!

Charles also ordered the Ceasar salad as an appetizer, and the kids enjoyed munching on the various breads and olives.

As we were waiting on our drinks to arrive, we saw a group of Italian waiters singing “Happy Birthday” to another diner. Chelsea’s jaw dropped, her eyes widened, and in an awestruck voice she said, “Do I get that???”

I nonchalantly replied, “If they know it is your birthday…”

Notice anything different in this picture?

For our entrees, Chelsea ordered the ravioli, Connor ordered the spaghetti and meatballs, and Charles and I ordered the cannelloni again. Very tasty!

For dessert, Chelsea ordered the lemon cheesecake, and the boys ordered chocolate gelato. I figured I would graze off everyone’s choices.

Chelsea was beginning to pout a little bit and worry that she wasn’t going to be serenaded, but her fears were groundless. Soon, she was surrounded by a gaggle of Italian men singing to her and bearing some sort of chocolate mousse dessert. She was in absolute heaven! Look at that smile!!!

After dinner we browsed through the Italian shops, and Chelsea and I bought some Italian chocolates. They were quickly gone that night -- so delicious! The kids asked if we could go browse through the Japanese gift shop, and then, head back to the resort to go swimming. They really wanted to try out that pool, and it sounded like a fine idea to me.

Some random shots while we strolled:

Chelsea found an eyeglass case in Japan that she really liked, so we went ahead and bought it.

The Boardwalk is so pretty at night!

This time when we went back through the Beach Club, we went straight to the lobby.

Back at the resort, we changed and headed over the bridge to the pool -- the kids loved it especially the slide. Although I must confess that Chelsea was not pleased when an eleven-year-old boy “hit” on her. He would appear several times during our trips to the pool.

All in all, it had been a great day! Tomorrow would be another day at Epcot!

Souvenirs:
I decided with this trip report, I would show the souvenirs we bought each day at the end of that particular day.

There wasn’t much that first night -- the Italian chocolates which disappeared long before I thought of taking their picture, and Chelsea’s eyeglass case. I love the colors!

Last edited by Charleston Princess; 08-21-2010 at 07:49 AM.
Old 08-01-2010, 10:25 AM   #277
Hedy
I'm 22 27 and I still kind of stammer
If you're old enough to hold a job, you're old enough to not burn popcorn

Italian boys singing and chocolate cake...sounds like Chelsea's version of a Grey Goose slushie.
4/93-Dixie Landings*12/96-Dixie Landings*2/02-POR*DLR-8/05-Royal Stovall's Inn*3/06-POR*12/07-POFQ**8/08-POP/Dolphin*10/09-POFQSwan 12/10*Podcast cruise 12/10*AKV 8/11*AoA 1/13*AoA 4/13 Universal: 7/08 HRH, 7/09 RPR, 8/10 RPR
*A vegetarian and pescetarian do Disney dining 12/07*Hedy and the Carnivores 08/08*Hedy and Lexie Rock Vegas 12/08*
'Ohana means family. Family means nobody gets left behind or forgotten

Old 08-01-2010, 10:29 AM   #278
2xcited2sleep
DIS Veteran

What a fantastic update!! So glad you enjoyed the private entrance. Not a soul in your picture... can't beat that. But ssshhhh.... we don't want too many people to know about it.

I am just tickled that the primary driver of your agenda before dinner is Charles' shopping needs. Try as he might to convince me otherwise, I am calling him out as a Disney lover.

Yikes, look at all that rain. I can see the puddles on the ground and of course your "drowned rats." Who still look adorable, by the way. Hurrah to Charles for the cocktail suggestion! I am wondering where the "proper" slushie glasses are, though? I think they are usually plastic martini glasses?

over the b-day button movement. You didn't raise no dummy! In fact, I may have to get a b-day button myself... The cannelloni is definitely on my list for next visit and now also the chocolates.

Also adding an eyeglasses case to my souvenir wish list. Very cute.

PS- your pictures look normal to me.

Old 08-01-2010, 10:32 AM   #279
purplepeg
DIS Veteran

Great updates! Love the look of CBR. Too bad about the rain, you feel so much more cold when you hit the A/C. Dinner and desserts look good. Great idea about souvenir pics!

Off Site 1996,All Star Music 1998,All Star Movies 2002, Pop Century 2004, Pop Century2006 ASMu 2008 DVC 2009BLT2009
Old 08-01-2010, 10:32 AM   #280
Native NYer
DIS Veteran

I'm glad Chelsea moved her birthday button.
Serenaded by the waiters and a chocolate dessert = the perfect evening in Epcot!
Chelsea's case for her eyeglasses is so cute.

Old 08-01-2010, 10:33 AM   #281
Charleston Princess
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedy View Post
Italian boys singing and chocolate cake...sounds like Chelsea's version of a Grey Goose slushie.
Does it get any better than that???

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2xcited2sleep View Post
What a fantastic update!! So glad you enjoyed the private entrance. Not a soul in your picture... can't beat that. But ssshhhh.... we don't want too many people to know about it.
Not a soul! It was so quick and easy!

Quote:
I am just tickled that the primary driver of your agenda before dinner is Charles' shopping needs. Try as he might to convince me otherwise, I am calling him out as a Disney lover.
Just wait -- there are lots of moments like that on the trip!

Quote:
Yikes, look at all that rain. I can see the puddles on the ground and of course your "drowned rats." Who still look adorable, by the way. Hurrah to Charles for the cocktail suggestion! I am wondering where the "proper" slushie glasses are, though? I think they are usually plastic martini glasses?
Happydog's suggestion -- we asked for regular glasses -- less chance of spilling.

Quote:
over the b-day button movement. You didn't raise no dummy! In fact, I may have to get a b-day button myself... The cannelloni is definitely on my list for next visit and now also the chocolates.
Made me wish I had a birthday button! LOL!

Quote:
Also adding an eyeglasses case to my souvenir wish list. Very cute.
I thought so, too!

Quote:
PS- your pictures look normal to me.
Some of them aren't bigger than the others in the second update?
Old 08-01-2010, 10:34 AM   #282
Charleston Princess
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by purplepeg View Post
Great updates! Love the look of CBR. Too bad about the rain, you feel so much more cold when you hit the A/C. Dinner and desserts look good. Great idea about souvenir pics!
Luckily we had dried out a good bit before we ended up at the restaurant. I was dreading having to eat a dinner while we were all wet and cold.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Native NYer View Post
I'm glad Chelsea moved her birthday button.
Serenaded by the waiters and a chocolate dessert = the perfect evening in Epcot!
Chelsea's case for her eyeglasses is so cute.
She cracked me up when she saw what was at stake! LOL!
Old 08-01-2010, 10:37 AM   #283
2xcited2sleep
DIS Veteran

Good call by Happydog b/c spillage of the slushie must be avoided at all costs.

Nope all your pics look the same to me other than the difference between the "portrait" and "landscape" orientations.

Charles should just give up and come on out as a Disney lover.

Old 08-01-2010, 10:42 AM   #284
Charleston Princess
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Good call by Happydog b/c spillage of the slushie must be avoided at all costs.

Nope all your pics look the same to me other than the difference between the "portrait" and "landscape" orientations.

That's so odd because half the pictures look ten times bigger to me in the second update. Oh well -- I am glad they are showing up normal for you. My OCD is really freaking out over it!

Yes, brilliant idea on Happydog's part!

He should, but I think he likes playing "hard to get." LOL!
Old 08-01-2010, 10:49 AM   #285
praisehisname
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Connor was so funny because it really bothered him that we had not told the truth. He said it made him feel dirty.
Yeah, what kind of example are you being for your kids, Jackie?

Quote:
He came back with Grand Marnier ones
How did you like it? I've never tried one, because I'm not a huge fan of Grand Marnier.

Quote:
My drowned rats:
Oh my goodness, you weren't kidding about getting soaked!

Quote:
But what’s this??? A horrible train wreck!!!
Did Connor come up with a backstory for this?

Quote:
Notice anything different in this picture?

Quote:
Yeah, Charles, come on out! It's more fun out here!

07/87 DLR***05/98 All-Star Music***01/04 Polynesian/4-night Wonder***02/05 7-night Magic Eastern***
09/07 Beach Club***10/08 7-night Magic Special Western (double-dipping at Castaway Cay!!!)
***12/09 Pop Century***08/13 7 night Fantasy Western

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: