Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-20-2010, 07:00 AM   #1636
Charleston Princess
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by IheartDDuck View Post
Oh noooooo, leaving is always the worst! It always makes me so sad.
It always comes too soon!

Quote:
I agree, ice cream from a dinosaur would should have been food enough for anyone!
That was my thinking! LOL!

Quote:
Sigh. Why do trips have to end.....
It doesn't seem fair, does it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by wigdoutdismom View Post
Awwww Geeee, time to go? Say it isn't so!!!
Sadly, it was!

Quote:
First you start with poor Chelsea and her missing beau, Bo!
then that look on Connor's face when you told him you weren't going to ride TOT.... Oh my gosh....
Yes, the kids seemed to be unraveling, didn't they?

Quote:
As for TOT, yes I say next trip for sure....
planning, planning, planning.
I told Charles I suspected you were plotting on how to get me on ToT! We'll need to start making plans to hang together! I am so excited, and I just know Connor is going to be over-the-top at seeing Baylor again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeMom View Post
Maybe next time for you and Connor and ToT.
I know I will have to disappoint anyone who loves me if they ever ask me to ride Mission:Space. I will just hope they are forgiving.
If not, they will get over it! That was my philosophy with Connor.

Quote:
Those Pizza Planet special cups are fun. We have a few, and I use one as my 'water on my nightstand' cup. They aren't very expensive, either, and you can pull them out when you have Disney-themed parties and meals.
Good idea! I think it will come in handy at the pool next summer.

Quote:
Star Tours is one of my favorites, too, and I am excited to see what new fun they have in store for us with the update. I hope it is just awesome.
From what I have read, it is going to be super cool!

Quote:
Just so you know, it is totally unacceptable for you not to have a report going. If I cover my ears, close my eyes, and say 'Blaaah, blaaah, blaaaah!', it means I did not hear you say this is going to be over.
I think I might be able to make you feel better with a PTR.

Quote:
Originally Posted by carissanboys View Post
How sad that Bo was not there to greet Chelsea.
It was heartbreaking.

Quote:
I am going to ride ToT in January! I'm scared to death!
I am scared for you!

Quote:
Glad Charles made it back to the hotel with no accidents - that's always a plus.

Packing.
No kidding! Thank goodness CBR was so close!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vamassey1 View Post
Poor Chelsea, no Bo! Hopefully he's looking real spiffy now.
He better be since he stood Chelsea up! LOL!

Quote:
I think ice cream for dinner sounds perfect.
Me too! I can never convince Charles to skip a meal though.

Quote:
I'm sorry to see this trip end but I'm looking forward to you new ptr.
I just hope I can manage to find something to write about on the new PTR.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poolrat View Post
I hate it that Bo was not there and you had no pixie dust when you went to Guest Services. I know that was a long shot but I was hoping when CM Karen took some notes she would be able to make something happen.
It's okay -- we did head over and ask at Guest Services, but to no avail.

Quote:
I am glad the nap calmed things down a bit.
The night was so much better.

Quote:
I ToT. I understand not liking it but you have got to try it once. My DS will not go on either. He will ride every other coaster in any park.
Well, I did ride it in 1997. I have tried all the rides at least once except for RnRC and Mission:Space.

Quote:
Boo for the last day.
That pretty much sums it up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Native NYer View Post
Ohhh it's the last nght in Disney already??

Pizza Planet is such a fun place to eat.
I would have done exactly what you did, no ToT.
Glad Charles made it back to the room.

Hmmm, will a new ptr start over the break?
Yes, sadly, it was the last night. My plan is for there to be a new PTR before 2011 starts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by englishrose47 View Post
Just checking in !!Have been lurking and as I am OFF today am actually posting on my threads !!!
Hi, Rosie!!! How are you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2xcited2sleep View Post
Chelsea and Connor have the best expressions! So sorry Chelsea didn't get to see her main man. There's always next time!
Next time he better be there! LOL!

Quote:
I like Star Tours too. It is set to officially open just after my May trip so I am hoping against hope that it will be in "previews" while I'm there and I can try it out.
What are your dates? I am wondering if we are going to just miss each other.

Quote:
I've been lurking along and am so behind on DIS'ing... did you say that you'll be starting a PTR when this is done?
Well, we might have booked a Free Dining package, so I think that calls for a PTR.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tink-erin-belle View Post
Dare I suggest that if Charles had gone along with your idea of ice cream for dinner, his stomach may not have gotten upset that night? JK I’m sorry to hear he wasn’t feeling well, but glad you all made it back to the room.
Good point!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tink-erin-belle View Post
Chelsea and Connor had the saddest little faces Hopefully she will be able to see Bo and he will be able to ride ToT on the next trip. I’ll join in with saying that I will only be able to get over the end of this TR if there is a PTR soon to follow!
Yes, hopefully on the next trip all their dreams will be realized.
Old 12-20-2010, 07:01 AM   #1637
Charleston Princess
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by floridascgirl View Post
I hate it when a favorite TR is coming to a close. It's the same sad feeling that you feel on your last day in the parks.
So, so, so true!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by miprender View Post
It is always so sad to come home. I have enjoyed reading your TR

However, I could have used some of that summer heat when we were there last weekend.
I am really missing the summer heat these days! I don't deal well with cold weather.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xoktenox View Post
Noooo I don't want it to be over Can't believe your last day is already here!

Sad to see that Bo still wasn't there for Chelsea...I guess you just HAVE to go back in 2011 to say hello! ::hint hint::
We "might" have booked a package which means we "might" be there at the same time as you!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-20-2010, 07:14 AM   #1638
Charleston Princess
DIS Veteran

We Head Home!

July 23, 2010

Back when I was first planning the trip, I had thought we might head to a park on our last day. I do this all the time. I always think we will have the energy and motivation for one last trip down Main Street. It has never managed to happen, so the next trip, I am not even going to pretend that we are going to a park on our last day. It will strictly be our departure day.

On our last morning, we took our time getting ready and packing. The only event of any interest was my last trip to the Caribbean Beach Resort gift shop. I felt the need to buy a few more souvenirs.

I bought some coconut patties for my dad and my MIL’s husband.

I picked out t-shirts for Connor and me.

Since I had been unable to find a CD of the Main Street Electrical Parade, I decided we needed the Illuminations one. I love the music from it!

We were on the road by 9:30, and the drive was pretty uneventful. Charles commented that it was the best trip we had had, and then thought he would be funny by saying, “Too bad it was our last trip.”

Silly man.

We didn’t reach home until 7:00, though. Why? Three words: Atlanta Rush Hour. Ugghh!

Our week of fun was officially over. Time for Chelsea to enter back into the real world where complete strangers didn’t stop her to wish her a Happy Birthday.

UP NEXT: Final Thoughts and “Sensing a new PTR, I am!”
Old 12-20-2010, 07:29 AM   #1639
2xcited2sleep
DIS Veteran

The real world always seems so harsh after a week in the Disney bubble, doesn't it?

Hurrah for a new PTR and a dining package! My dates are 4/30-5/6... when are yours?

Old 12-20-2010, 07:55 AM   #1641
jenjolt
Loves All Things Disney!

What a great trip report!!!!!

YAY for last minute souvies...that shirt is too cute!! I want one LOL!!!!

I'm really looking foward to your PTR!! WOOT WOOT YAY for dining package!!!

My Magical Trips to Disney:6/2012,1/2012,10/2011, 6/2011, 5/2011, 1/2011, 5/2010, 1/2010, 10/2009, 5/2009,
1/2009, 3/2007, 5/2005 , 10/1992: First Trip to Disney (Thanks Dad!)
Old 12-20-2010, 08:01 AM   #1642
jillyb
DIS Veteran

Woohoo for a new trip!!!!

June 2008 @ Pop Century
Thanksgiving 2010 @ Pop Century

Will We Stay or Will We Go - Thanksgiving Pre Trip/Trip Report http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2413919

It's Going to be a Capitol Vacation! Washington, D.C. August 13-18, 2009 Pre-Trip/Trip Report http://disboards.com/showthread.php?...1#post32476006
Old 12-20-2010, 08:13 AM   #1643
TarzansKat
I may be TarzansKat, but I love Captain Jack!
Wow. It's still getting pretty hot around here

I'd like to sense a new CP PTR.

Love the souvies. Such great colors on those shirts! And who doesn't love some coconut patties? Yum, yum.
Old 12-20-2010, 08:30 AM   #1644
MeMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charleston Princess View Post

I bought some coconut patties for my dad and my MIL’s husband.

Since I had been unable to find a CD of the Main Street Electrical Parade, I decided we needed the Illuminations one. I love the music from it!

We were on the road by 9:30, and the drive was pretty uneventful. Charles commented that it was the best trip we had had, and then thought he would be funny by saying, “Too bad it was our last trip.”

Silly man.

We didn’t reach home until 7:00, though. Why? Three words: Atlanta Rush Hour. Ugghh!

Our week of fun was officially over. Time for Chelsea to enter back into the real world where complete strangers didn’t stop her to wish her a Happy Birthday.

UP NEXT: Final Thoughts and “Sensing a new PTR, I am!”
The coconut patties are a good souvenir. I bet, unlike I would have, they didn't keep the boxes when the food was gone. It's hard for me to throw away any kind of Disney food box or wrapper. I have a bunch of empty packages in the hutch with my Chef Mickey. I think that totally seals the deal on me being a Disney dork.

Oh, man, you could have spent that Atlanta rush hour time at the CBR pool or DTD or somewhere in Disney World!!! I don't know when Atlanta is not busy. We've been through there in the middle of the night, and it was plenty busy then.

You did get your parade music, eventually, didn't you?

Well, well, well - Charles was cracking jokes on the way home.
I bet he's already secretly been plotting things to do on the next trip.

Thank heavens you have a PTR coming. I can't go too long without my Connor and Chelsea stories. Plus, it's just so doggone fun to follow along as our friends plan where they are going to stay and eat and play the next time around!
Mingos in da Watah! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2758143
Geen Yight: She's Out of Sight! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2677011
My Name is NOT Broccoli www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2611094
From Pop to the Top www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2495977
Mother, May I? Yes, You May www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2448482
Ringing in 2010 www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2356794
Brooklynn Takes Bella to Meet Cinderella www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2209387
A Two Short, Too Different Spring Break Trip www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2122295
Over the river and through the FUN! http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post29060069
A Ten Day Ride on a Magic Camel www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1869591
Baby and the Tramp...and a Pop Half Century www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1470678

We've stayed at Pop Century, All Star Sports, All Star Movies, All Star Music, French Quarter, Wilderness Lodge, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Art of Animation, Beach Club, Vero Beach, Kidani Village and Saratoga Springs - many trips, and many wonderful, magical memories made.
Old 12-20-2010, 08:30 AM   #1645
Happydog
DIS Veteran

I am behind by one post and so I am going to go back and read, but I just can't stand it, I have to say have a happy week's vacation and I am so excited for whatever you have up your sleeve.....

I mean how can we live without a CP PTR or TR??!! Oh. Did I say that??? cough cough cough...

PS... be on the look out for something...

Twas the Night BEFORE Christmas 09?!PTR! Ho Ho Ho!Away we go!A WDW Christmas 09 TR! All aboard a WONDERful TR! Boo to YOU! Sept 09 TR
WDW 4th of July 09 PTR!I Want to Ride the Cotton Ball! July 4th 09 TR!Snow, Savannah, & NO School! Feb '10 TR Christmas fix MVMCP 2010 TR
One Family, One Year - a June '10 PTR The Ingredients for Pixie Dust - June '10 TR Disney-Landing Halloween - a Halloween '10 PTR/TR
Dream for two - Feb '11 TRSummer of Sea and Shore - June '11 PTR Strapping Turtles on our Feet! - June/July '11 TR
MY MAGICal Black Friday Thanksgiving Cruise - Nov '11 PTR/TR

Oct 2000 - Disney Magic 7 night cruise * Oct '03 - Contemporary * Oct '05 - WLV * Nov '08 - SSR * June/July '09 - OKW * Sept '09 - CBR * Dec '09 - BCV * Feb '10 - AKL * Feb '10 - Disney Wonder 3 night Cruise/Disney HH * June '10 - BLT/BCV * Oct '10 - Grand Californian * Dec '10 AKV - Kidani * February '11 - Disney Dream 4 night cruise/BLT * June '11 - Disney Dream 5 night cruise/Disney's Vero Beach/Ft. Wilderness/AKL Jambo * Oct '11 - WLV/SSR * Nov '11 Disney Magic 7 night cruise * February '12 - Disney Dream 4 night cruise/AKL Jambo * June/July '12 - BCV/WLV * Nov '12 Disney Fantasy 7 night cruise * July '13 AKV - Jambo * Sept '13 - AOA * Oct '13 - F & W SSR * Jan '14 AKV - Kidani * June '14 - BLT * Halloween '14 Disney Wonder 5 night cruise *
Old 12-20-2010, 09:29 AM   #1646
MEK
DIS Veteran

I know I missed a few updates over the past month or so, but I really enjoyed your TR. What a wonderful trip! I enjoyed all the pictures of the kids and the souvies.

to a new PTR! Can't wait for all the details. I second what Christine said - early May is a great time to visit the world. Just sayin'

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
Old 12-20-2010, 11:08 AM   #1647
Native NYer
DIS Veteran

Last minute souvenir shopping helps ease the pain of departure.
We never plan to visit parks on our last day either. We just have a relaxing breakfast and catch an afternoon flight home.

Looking forward to your new ptr

Old 12-20-2010, 12:03 PM   #1648
MRYPPNS
Practically Prefect in Every Way

I always end up buying those coconut patties at the airport...so yum!

And I knew you had good taste.....but this just proves it!

I have the same shirt!

Old 12-20-2010, 01:07 PM   #1649
Happydog
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Lallie View Post

So if this TR is wrapping up, do we get a new Jackie PTR?? I'm used to your PTRs starting in October!
That is toooo funny LL, I agree, we are all used to those PTRs starting in October, but we are also used to her NOT starting a new one until the other one is done, so....

Twas the Night BEFORE Christmas 09?!PTR! Ho Ho Ho!Away we go!A WDW Christmas 09 TR! All aboard a WONDERful TR! Boo to YOU! Sept 09 TR
WDW 4th of July 09 PTR!I Want to Ride the Cotton Ball! July 4th 09 TR!Snow, Savannah, & NO School! Feb '10 TR Christmas fix MVMCP 2010 TR
One Family, One Year - a June '10 PTR The Ingredients for Pixie Dust - June '10 TR Disney-Landing Halloween - a Halloween '10 PTR/TR
Dream for two - Feb '11 TRSummer of Sea and Shore - June '11 PTR Strapping Turtles on our Feet! - June/July '11 TR
MY MAGICal Black Friday Thanksgiving Cruise - Nov '11 PTR/TR

Oct 2000 - Disney Magic 7 night cruise * Oct '03 - Contemporary * Oct '05 - WLV * Nov '08 - SSR * June/July '09 - OKW * Sept '09 - CBR * Dec '09 - BCV * Feb '10 - AKL * Feb '10 - Disney Wonder 3 night Cruise/Disney HH * June '10 - BLT/BCV * Oct '10 - Grand Californian * Dec '10 AKV - Kidani * February '11 - Disney Dream 4 night cruise/BLT * June '11 - Disney Dream 5 night cruise/Disney's Vero Beach/Ft. Wilderness/AKL Jambo * Oct '11 - WLV/SSR * Nov '11 Disney Magic 7 night cruise * February '12 - Disney Dream 4 night cruise/AKL Jambo * June/July '12 - BCV/WLV * Nov '12 Disney Fantasy 7 night cruise * July '13 AKV - Jambo * Sept '13 - AOA * Oct '13 - F & W SSR * Jan '14 AKV - Kidani * June '14 - BLT * Halloween '14 Disney Wonder 5 night cruise *
Old 12-20-2010, 01:21 PM   #1650
SwansLoveDisney
DIS Veteran

As always, this has been a fabulous TR, Jackie!

I'm sad to see it end, but happy to know that another one is coming!

And YAY for Charles saying this was the best trip yet!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: