Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-16-2010, 04:49 PM   #1621
SoonerGirl
DIS Veteran

Hey there Jackie! So sorry I've been MIA for so long, I've been a bad, bad DISer I had about 20 pages to catch up on, I'm afraid I had to skip all the chatter and just read your updates, I'm all up to date now though - just in time for you guys to head home, seems like that is the trend on most of the TRs I'm subscribed to!
Old 12-16-2010, 05:07 PM   #1622
IheartDDuck
DIS Veteran

Oh noooooo, leaving is always the worst! It always makes me so sad.

I agree, ice cream from a dinosaur would should have been food enough for anyone!

Sigh. Why do trips have to end.....

Follow me on Instagram: @keep_calm_love_disney
Follow me on Twitter: @disney_voss
Danielle

In progress TRs:
My Fork and I Are Friends - Nov 14 TR
They Don't Eat Hash Browns in Princessland - May 14 TR
Completed TRs:
Jan 14 TR July.13 Apr. 13
Nov.12 July.12 Jan.12 Nov. '11 July '11 Feb. '11 Nov. 10 and Jan. 11 Oct. '09.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-16-2010, 11:53 PM   #1623
wigdoutdismom
DIS Veteran

Awwww Geeee, time to go? Say it isn't so!!!
First you start with poor Chelsea and her missing beau, Bo!
then that look on Connor's face when you told him you weren't going to ride TOT.... Oh my gosh....

As for TOT, yes I say next trip for sure....
planning, planning, planning.
Old 12-17-2010, 05:37 AM   #1624
MeMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charleston Princess View Post

I informed Connor that I would not be riding Tower of Terror. I had thought I might be able to handle it, but as the day progressed, I realized there was no way I would be able to find the courage to plunge down in that elevator.

Connor also got the LGM souvenir cup -- it is very cute although I must confess that no one has used it since we have been home.

After dinner we headed to a galaxy far, far away. It would be our last ride on Star Tours before the big change. A part of me is sad to see it change -- it is one of those rides I have always loved -- but the other part of me is really excited to see the changes they are going to make.

The rest of the evening was spent packing and getting things ready to leave the next day.

UP NEXT: Some last minute shopping and saying good-bye.
Maybe next time for you and Connor and ToT.
I know I will have to disappoint anyone who loves me if they ever ask me to ride Mission:Space. I will just hope they are forgiving.

Those Pizza Planet special cups are fun. We have a few, and I use one as my 'water on my nightstand' cup. They aren't very expensive, either, and you can pull them out when you have Disney-themed parties and meals.

Star Tours is one of my favorites, too, and I am excited to see what new fun they have in store for us with the update. I hope it is just awesome.

Just so you know, it is totally unacceptable for you not to have a report going. If I cover my ears, close my eyes, and say 'Blaaah, blaaah, blaaaah!', it means I did not hear you say this is going to be over.
Mingos in da Watah! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2758143
Geen Yight: She's Out of Sight! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2677011
My Name is NOT Broccoli www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2611094
From Pop to the Top www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2495977
Mother, May I? Yes, You May www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2448482
Ringing in 2010 www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2356794
Brooklynn Takes Bella to Meet Cinderella www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2209387
A Two Short, Too Different Spring Break Trip www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2122295
Over the river and through the FUN! http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post29060069
A Ten Day Ride on a Magic Camel www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1869591
Baby and the Tramp...and a Pop Half Century www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1470678

We've stayed at Pop Century, All Star Sports, All Star Movies, All Star Music, French Quarter, Wilderness Lodge, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Art of Animation, Beach Club, Vero Beach, Kidani Village and Saratoga Springs - many trips, and many wonderful, magical memories made.
Old 12-17-2010, 08:58 AM   #1625
carissanboys
DIS Veteran

How sad that Bo was not there to greet Chelsea.

I am going to ride ToT in January! I'm scared to death!

Glad Charles made it back to the hotel with no accidents - that's always a plus.

Packing.

**NEW TR** S.O.C.K. and Stitch Return to the World with a Dog
Old 12-17-2010, 09:21 AM   #1626
vamassey1
DIS Veteran

Poor Chelsea, no Bo! Hopefully he's looking real spiffy now.

I think ice cream for dinner sounds perfect.

I'm sorry to see this trip end but I'm looking forward to you new ptr.

April 83- Choir trip offsite
Sept 99- Hilton Hotel Plaza
March 02-Movies
Thanksgiving 02-Marriott Hotel Plaza
Mardi Gras 04-Movies
New Years 06-POP
May 07-POP
June 09-POP
Mardi Gras 10-POFQ
Mardi Gras 12-PORS
Old 12-17-2010, 10:08 AM   #1627
Poolrat
I am alive, sometimes I wonder too!
I probably would be glued to the side

I hate it that Bo was not there and you had no pixie dust when you went to Guest Services. I know that was a long shot but I was hoping when CM Karen took some notes she would be able to make something happen.

I am glad the nap calmed things down a bit.

I ToT. I understand not liking it but you have got to try it once. My DS will not go on either. He will ride every other coaster in any park.

Boo for the last day.
POOLRAT PATI am a Disney Dork. 75- Contemporary,77- offsite Hyatt,86- offsite 1 day trip,88- offsite 1 day trip,98- Contemporary w/kids,01- All Stars Movies,05- Boardwalk,06- Coronado,07- Carribbean Beach,08- Beach Club,Oct 09 - POP/Coronado, Dec09/Jan 10 ASMu/ CSR , July '10-POP, Sept '10 POFQ,Oct '10 2X for F&W @ POP Oct'11-ASSp Dec '11-DVC SSR/AKL July '12- BCV, Sept '12- DL, Oct '12- BCV, Dec'12-POP Jan '13- OKW May '13-BWV Oct '13- BCV DEC '13- BCV May14-POP Aug 14- VWL Oct '14-DL Feb '15 -AKVK
Can't wait to go back
Old 12-18-2010, 09:48 AM   #1628
Native NYer
DIS Veteran

Ohhh it's the last nght in Disney already??

Pizza Planet is such a fun place to eat.
I would have done exactly what you did, no ToT.
Glad Charles made it back to the room.

Hmmm, will a new ptr start over the break?

Old 12-18-2010, 09:54 AM   #1629
englishrose47
DIS Veteran

Just checking in !!Have been lurking and as I am OFF today am actually posting on my threads !!!
[/B][/URL]
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3051652Where will Rosie Roam in 2013
[
[http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post50321302 Rosie Roamings in 2014
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3212398 Belly Dancing and Bus Mojo The Grannie Trip

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3278536 Let's Meet in the Dump Shop
Old 12-18-2010, 09:55 AM   #1630
2xcited2sleep
DIS Veteran

Chelsea and Connor have the best expressions! So sorry Chelsea didn't get to see her main man. There's always next time!

I like Star Tours too. It is set to officially open just after my May trip so I am hoping against hope that it will be in "previews" while I'm there and I can try it out.

I've been lurking along and am so behind on DIS'ing... did you say that you'll be starting a PTR when this is done?

Old 12-19-2010, 12:55 PM   #1631
Tink-erin-belle
DIS Veteran

Dare I suggest that if Charles had gone along with your idea of ice cream for dinner, his stomach may not have gotten upset that night? JK Iím sorry to hear he wasnít feeling well, but glad you all made it back to the room.

Chelsea and Connor had the saddest little faces Hopefully she will be able to see Bo and he will be able to ride ToT on the next trip. Iíll join in with saying that I will only be able to get over the end of this TR if there is a PTR soon to follow!

Disney Every Day - An October 2014 PTR
Old 12-19-2010, 02:19 PM   #1632
floridascgirl
DIS Veteran

I hate it when a favorite TR is coming to a close. It's the same sad feeling that you feel on your last day in the parks.

Many trips as a child! 2005 Thanksgiving Wilderness Lodge2008 Jan. Wilderness Lodge
2009 Jan/Feb Animal Kingdom Lodge2009 Dec. Animal Kingdom Lodge2010 July Boardwalk Inn2011 Feb. Animal Kingdom Lodge2012 Nov. Pop Century

Old 12-19-2010, 03:15 PM   #1633
miprender
Michelle Boo Boo

It is always so sad to come home. I have enjoyed reading your TR

However, I could have used some of that summer heat when we were there last weekend.
Old 12-19-2010, 04:35 PM   #1634
xoktenox
DIS Veteran

Noooo I don't want it to be over Can't believe your last day is already here!

Sad to see that Bo still wasn't there for Chelsea...I guess you just HAVE to go back in 2011 to say hello! ::hint hint::
7-8/13- BWV~~3/14- OKW~~ 8/14- AS Music, VGF & Pop~~ 10/14- SSR (2nd anniversary!)~~11/14- ?? (Chris' 30th birthday)

Current PTR: August 2014 Birthday & Anniversary Celebration with the (GASP!) Non-Believers

Old 12-20-2010, 07:40 AM   #1635
Charleston Princess
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenjolt View Post
You know how you figure out you are addicted to a TR!! When you notice a FB comment and you log off immediately and head to the DIS to read the update!! LOL!! I was so excited, who needs to workout this morning I had a Jackie update to read!!
You crack me up, Jen!

Quote:
Stay warm and safe today!!!
We did, but it was sure difficult to go back for one day on Friday.

Quote:
NOoOOOOOOooooOOOO....it can't be over Jackie!! Say it isn't so!!!!!!!!
Don't worry -- there is more fun in the future.

Quote:
I'm glad you guys had a good last night, even if Connor wouldn't ride TOT, maybe next trip for him and maybe for you
Maybe...

Quote:
I am going to miss Star Tours this trip!! Even though its the one ride that makes me feel afterwards I take one for the team because I LOVE IT!! I can't wait to see the new ride!!!!
There is May to look forward to!

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneyfan61 View Post
Jackie it took me 3 years to get the nerve to ride ToT but once I did it was great!! So Connor would not try it without you huh? My youngest DS & I rode it for the first time together also. My DH & oldest DS had been riding it way before we did. I still hang on the the bars though.
I know when I ride it, I will be glued to those bars.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lauren_elizabeth View Post
I haven't commented on your report since October and I was craving those Mango shakes!

That mickey bar antenna is too cute! I've never seen that one before... have yall put it up on your car yet?
I still haven't put it on the car yet -- I am not sure what I am waiting for -- we still have the cheetah print Mickey head on it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lauren_elizabeth View Post
So sad that Bo wasn't out for Miss Chels to see That just means yall have to go back to see her main man! I'm sure he misses her just as much!
Oh, yes, we will have to make sure we head back soon, so Chelsea and Bo can see each other.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brookelizabeth View Post
What a very pleasant treat to have an update this morning! The DIS and coffee together is such a nice combo!
I agree 100%!

Quote:
Poor Chelsea missing out on Bo! They must have brought him back shortly after your trip! That just stinks. He better be there for your next trip!
Yes, he better be -- we really missed seeing him.

Quote:
I love how you tried to convince Charles to just have ice cream for dinner.
He is so stubborn about having "real meals."

Quote:
Sounds like a great night at DHS, too bad Connor wouldn't ride ToT though!
Connor was being a complete stinker about it, too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Lallie View Post
I'm so sad that Chelsea didn't get to see Bo!! He must have really missed his yearly visit with her.
I am sure he is pining away! LOL!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Lallie View Post
So if this TR is wrapping up, do we get a new Jackie PTR?? I'm used to your PTRs starting in October!
It's weird to still be writing the TR in December -- I have never dragged out a TR for this long! I think I have a title for the PTR!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegansMom View Post
All caught up my dear friend!!!! So sorry to hear about Chelsea's tirade.....NOT......LOOKING......FORWARD.....TO... ..THOSE.....YEARS!!!!! I hope she was happy when you came back with that hoodie!
It's the attitude that I find hardest to deal with -- sometimes I just have to walk away.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegansMom View Post
I am with LL though........should we be looking forward to a new PTR any time soon?!?!?!?!?! HOPE SO!!!
I would predict there might be one before the end of the year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovemy3babes View Post
What did you think of Pizza Planet? Standard Disney pizza? I think we'd maybe go just for the fun theme.
It was pretty good. We would eat there again for sure.

Quote:
I'm sorry Chelsea's Bo wasn't around. She looks so sad.
She was very sad.

Quote:
Next time you and Connor can do ToT together.
Maybe...I make no promises.

Quote:
Originally Posted by klacey1 View Post
Awww, last night Sounds like you guys made the best of it, though! I'm with you on Star Tours-- upset they're changing it (I think its line is seriously underrated. One of my favorites at DHS), but excited to see what's to come!
I know Disney will do a great job on it -- I will just miss the nostalgia attached to the ride.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jillyb View Post
Boo! Last night! Chelsea looks so sad not to see her main man. He is back, though, and hopefully he'll be there for your next trip.
I really hope so -- there is now a gap in the pictures of Chelsea and Bo.

Quote:
I saw the pic of Connor and said "Ohhhhhh". I've seen that look before! I didn't ride ToT on our trip either. I just can't do it. Love the pictures you got while you were waiting.
You rode Everest three times, though! That earns you lots of points!

Quote:
We've got some of those big souvenir cups from other places which go in the cabinet never to see the light of day again.

Glad ya'll made it back to the resort without further incident!
We have quite a few as well -- mugs from Typhoon Lagoon and CSR that are too big to fit in the drink holders in the car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoonerGirl View Post
Hey there Jackie! So sorry I've been MIA for so long, I've been a bad, bad DISer I had about 20 pages to catch up on, I'm afraid I had to skip all the chatter and just read your updates, I'm all up to date now though - just in time for you guys to head home, seems like that is the trend on most of the TRs I'm subscribed to!
Hi, Michelle! How are you these days? Are you all ready for Christmas?

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: