Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-13-2010, 08:43 PM   #1606
Lovemy3babes
Is always in need to get herself and her children back to our "Happy Place"!

Great update Jackie!! Dimitri also loves Legos and could also browse there for hours. It's a boy's paradise for sure. Tell me why those blasted mini-figures are so darn expensive. $10 for three teeny pieces of plastic is crazy. lol! We have tons of them floating around here.

I feel your pain about the meltdown. Morghan is only 11 but we are showing signs of stuff like that too. And I remember being the same way with my mom. You obviously are a wonderful mom and handled it so well. And my girls and I are in the same boat as you two; far from well endowed. ha!!!

Just me and my girl…a very special 13th Birthday trip!
(updated 2/20/14)
Old 12-14-2010, 01:39 AM   #1607
luvfigment
Member of the 'Jambo! WildBunch'
DIS Veteran

Oh my goodness 45 mins the Lego store...hopefully Connor was happy with his choices.

I too think you handled Chelsea's outburst very well. Poor thing she probably just wanted that top so badly. What a great Mom you are though for finding the hoodie she wanted and still bought it for her.
1983 Off Property~1986 Polynesian~1987 Off Property~1988 Disney Village Resort~1989 CBR-Jamaica~1990 Swan~1992 CBR-Aruba~1994 Dixie Landings~1996 Dixie~1998 Grad Night at All Star Sports~ 1998 Dixie~1999 Yacht Club~2001 OKW~2004 Shades of Green~2005 AKL (DH's first trip)~2006 First trip to Disneyland-Paradise Pier~2006 AKL~Oct 2007 Disneymoon Polynesian~Sept. 2008 ASMu~Oct. 2008 Wilderness Lodge CL 1 yr Anniversary~Sept 2013 Wilderness Lodge~
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-14-2010, 01:47 PM   #1608
Charleston Princess
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by vamassey1 View Post
You handled that much better than I would have. Of course you could always take a page from "The Sweet Potato Queens". She suggests when your teens behavior is bad in publc just do something to embarass them, like singing loudly off key! When will those girls lean that Mother knows best. I just went round and round with Danielle yesterday and or course I was right. She was riding in our local very small Christmas parade with the Girl Scouts. It was cold and very windy. I kept telling her she needed more clothes for warmth. I told her at least 3 times to grab her gloves. She was in such a snit she didn't do it just to spite me. And of course her hands froze while she was throwing beads. I was a good mom and made her hot chocolate when we got back home to warm her up.
Love the Sweet Potato Queens advice -- especially when you consider that my singing voice is really quite atrocious!

Chelsea is the worst about not believing anything I tell her. I will tell the kids, it is cold and to get their coats and gloves before we leave the house. Chelsea will declare she is fine, and by the time we reach school she looks like a smurf, she is so cold.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vamassey1 View Post
I'm so sorry you missed going to all the other stores too, but you did the right thing.
I will just have to make sure I make up for it on the next trip.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TarzansKat View Post
Awww. She had a teenage girl moment. I hate to say that it won't be the last, as sadly, I remember some of my finer ones. Bless my mother. And you handled it really well.
Mine, too! I had some really stellar moments. I remember my mother telling me she hoped I had a daughter just like me. She got her wish.

Quote:
You know, I had no idea that you could do that at the Lego Store!!! That sounds like so much fun, something that we must do with Nemo. He is SO into Legos this year, it's what he asked Santa for.
Yes, I liked that Connor could do his own Legos since all the rest of them are ones we can get in the "real world." I really wish Lego would do some exclusive Disney Legos.

Quote:
I love TrendE as well. I was always feel like I can never see everything in that store, I almost love the sensory overload of it all, you know?
Yes! It's so great in there -- I love the decorating scheme.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat0727 View Post
Connor reminds me of my boyfriend. He takes forever to do things. Although he insists he is considering every which way of whatever he is deciding on!
That must be what Connor is doing as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat0727 View Post
I can only imagine how furious you must have been, but you handled Chelsea's meltdown very well. The Minnie hoodie you got her is so cute!
I really did see red at the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovemy3babes View Post
Great update Jackie!! Dimitri also loves Legos and could also browse there for hours. It's a boy's paradise for sure. Tell me why those blasted mini-figures are so darn expensive. $10 for three teeny pieces of plastic is crazy. lol! We have tons of them floating around here.
Same here. It is an outrageous price, but we pay it, so I guess there is no reason for Lego to reconsider.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovemy3babes View Post
I feel your pain about the meltdown. Morghan is only 11 but we are showing signs of stuff like that too. And I remember being the same way with my mom. You obviously are a wonderful mom and handled it so well. And my girls and I are in the same boat as you two; far from well endowed. ha!!!
Ah, thanks! I really didn't feel like I was handling it well at the time -- I just knew I needed to get out of there before I started yelling and became one of those Disney parents that just lose it out in public. LOL!

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvfigment View Post
Oh my goodness 45 mins the Lego store...hopefully Connor was happy with his choices.
He was very happy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvfigment View Post
I too think you handled Chelsea's outburst very well. Poor thing she probably just wanted that top so badly. What a great Mom you are though for finding the hoodie she wanted and still bought it for her.
Chelsea did really want that top -- she could not seem to comprehend that there was no way it would stay up the way it should even with a strapless bra.
Old 12-14-2010, 04:49 PM   #1609
Tinkerbellgal
and at last I see the light <3

Making sure that I get updates on new posts now haha Loving this trip report btw. Don't worry about Chelsea, I was like that at 13 she'll grow out of it haha You handled it better than my mum ever did with me
WDW Offsite Nov'01 WDW Offsite July'03 DLP Newport Bay Dec'03 WDW Caribbean Beach July'04 DLP New York New York Oct'04 WDW Wilderness Lodge Aug'05 DLP New York New York July'06 WDW Wilderness Lodge Dec'07 WDW Wilderness Lodge July'09 DLP Disneyland Hotel Oct'09 WDW Wilderness Lodge Aug'11 Disneyland California July'12
Old 12-15-2010, 04:32 AM   #1610
Charleston Princess
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinkerbellgal View Post
Making sure that I get updates on new posts now haha Loving this trip report btw. Don't worry about Chelsea, I was like that at 13 she'll grow out of it haha You handled it better than my mum ever did with me
Thansk! I am glad you are enjoying it!

I know I had my moments, too, when I was Chelsea's age -- being a teenager is so hard.
Old 12-16-2010, 05:24 AM   #1611
Charleston Princess
DIS Veteran

No Bo!

July 22, 2010: Part Six

Once Charles was up from his nap we went back to DHS for our last night in Disney .

Our first order of business was to see if Chelsea’s Bo was there. As we had feared, he was still not back. (Other DIS boarders had warned us that he hadn’t been there for most of the summer.)

We stopped by Guest Relations to ask, and they informed us that he was getting some work done.

Chelsea was so sad not to see her “main man.”

Charles decided he wanted “real food” for dinner even though I tried to convince him that ice cream from the dinosaur would be just as good. We sat down to ponder our options for eating, and I informed Connor that I would not be riding Tower of Terror. I had thought I might be able to handle it, but as the day progressed, I realized there was no way I would be able to find the courage to plunge down in that elevator.

He was really not pleased with me. The look says it all.

We made our choice and walked in the direction we needed to head.

Connor was momentarily cheered up by the well near Indiana Jones. If you have never pulled the rope, you really must. It is too funny!

Where were we headed?

Pizza Planet!

Chelsea and I split a pizza and salad; the boys each got their own pizzas and salads. They didn’t want to share with each other.

The Little Green Men kept us company while we ate.

Connor also got the LGM souvenir cup -- it is very cute although I must confess that no one has used it since we have been home.

After dinner we headed to a galaxy far, far away. It would be our last ride on Star Tours before the big change. A part of me is sad to see it change -- it is one of those rides I have always loved -- but the other part of me is really excited to see the changes they are going to make.

Then, onward to Toy Story Mania! I was so so so close to beating Charles, but it didn’t happen.

Our last ride of the night was the Tower of Terror. I tried to convince Connor to ride without me, but he was having none of that. I was surprised because he had conquered every other ride on this trip, but when Connor is in a snit, he doesn’t mind “cutting off his nose to spite his face.” While Chelsea and Charles rode, Connor found a book to read in the gift shop, and I meandered around taking some pictures.

Sadly, after the Tower of Terror it was time to go. We bought our last iced cappuccinos of the trip and made our way to the entrance. I toyed with the idea of staying to see the second show of Fantasmic, but the line for it stretched all the way to the entrance of Sunset Boulevard.

There were a couple of squirrely moments in the parking lot when Charles was hit by an upset stomach -- there was some debate as to whether we should head back to the entrance of the park or try and make it back to the hotel room. We managed to make it back to the resort with no accidents. LOL!

The rest of the evening was spent packing and getting things ready to leave the next day.

UP NEXT: Some last minute shopping and saying good-bye.
Old 12-16-2010, 05:38 AM   #1612
jenjolt
Loves All Things Disney!

You know how you figure out you are addicted to a TR!! When you notice a FB comment and you log off immediately and head to the DIS to read the update!! LOL!! I was so excited, who needs to workout this morning I had a Jackie update to read!!

Stay warm and safe today!!!

NOoOOOOOOooooOOOO....it can't be over Jackie!! Say it isn't so!!!!!!!!

I'm glad you guys had a good last night, even if Connor wouldn't ride TOT, maybe next trip for him and maybe for you

I am going to miss Star Tours this trip!! Even though its the one ride that makes me feel afterwards I take one for the team because I LOVE IT!! I can't wait to see the new ride!!!!

My Magical Trips to Disney:6/2012,1/2012,10/2011, 6/2011, 5/2011, 1/2011, 5/2010, 1/2010, 10/2009, 5/2009,
1/2009, 3/2007, 5/2005 , 10/1992: First Trip to Disney (Thanks Dad!)
Old 12-16-2010, 05:48 AM   #1613
disneyfan61
DIS Veteran

Jackie it took me 3 years to get the nerve to ride ToT but once I did it was great!! So Connor would not try it without you huh? My youngest DS & I rode it for the first time together also. My DH & oldest DS had been riding it way before we did. I still hang on the the bars though.
Old 12-16-2010, 06:29 AM   #1614
lauren_elizabeth
Disney World Lover

I haven't commented on your report since October and I was craving those Mango shakes!

That mickey bar antenna is too cute! I've never seen that one before... have yall put it up on your car yet?

So sad that Bo wasn't out for Miss Chels to see That just means yall have to go back to see her main man! I'm sure he misses her just as much!

Old 12-16-2010, 07:28 AM   #1615
brookelizabeth
Jambo Wildbunch Gang

What a very pleasant treat to have an update this morning! The DIS and coffee together is such a nice combo!

Poor Chelsea missing out on Bo! They must have brought him back shortly after your trip! That just stinks. He better be there for your next trip!

I love how you tried to convince Charles to just have ice cream for dinner.

Sounds like a great night at DHS, too bad Connor wouldn't ride ToT though!
Feb 2014 - Vero Beach ... Sept 2013 - CR/Disney Fantasy...March 2013 - AKL/SSR/POR ... Oct 2012 - OKW ... Sept 2012 - Disney Magic ... June 2012 - Disney Magic ... Jan 2012 - PPH/VGC ... Aug 2011 - Pop/YC/OKW ... May 2011 - ASMo ... Feb/March 2011 - BWV/BLT ... Sept 2010 - BWV ... Dec/Jan 2009/10 - AKV ... Sept 2009 - CSR ... Jan 2009 - SSR ... Nov 2008 - WL ... Oct 2006 - AKL
Old 12-16-2010, 07:36 AM   #1616
Lady Lallie
DIS Veteran

I'm so sad that Chelsea didn't get to see Bo!! He must have really missed his yearly visit with her.

So if this TR is wrapping up, do we get a new Jackie PTR?? I'm used to your PTRs starting in October!
Old 12-16-2010, 08:00 AM   #1617
MegansMom
Always Ready to Go Back with my "Minnie" Megan Mouse!

All caught up my dear friend!!!! So sorry to hear about Chelsea's tirade.....NOT......LOOKING......FORWARD.....TO... ..THOSE.....YEARS!!!!! I hope she was happy when you came back with that hoodie!

I am with LL though........should we be looking forward to a new PTR any time soon?!?!?!?!?! HOPE SO!!!

June 2012 PTR--click here! July 2011 PTR-- click here! September 2009 PTR/TR --click here!June 2008 PTR/TR---click here!
Past Trips: 1978:Offsite 1980:Offsite 1982: Poly 1987: Poly 1992:Dixie Landings May 2001:Offsite Sep 2006: BWV Nov 2007:CSR/SSR June 2008: OKW Sep 2009: POFQ July 2011: AKV June 2012: OKW!!!
DH (36) ME (35) DD(8)
Old 12-16-2010, 11:20 AM   #1618
Lovemy3babes
Is always in need to get herself and her children back to our "Happy Place"!

What did you think of Pizza Planet? Standard Disney pizza? I think we'd maybe go just for the fun theme.

I'm sorry Chelsea's Bo wasn't around. She looks so sad.

Next time you and Connor can do ToT together.

Just me and my girl…a very special 13th Birthday trip!
(updated 2/20/14)
Old 12-16-2010, 11:40 AM   #1619
klacey1
DIS Veteran

Awww, last night Sounds like you guys made the best of it, though! I'm with you on Star Tours-- upset they're changing it (I think its line is seriously underrated. One of my favorites at DHS), but excited to see what's to come!
Old 12-16-2010, 12:29 PM   #1620
jillyb
DIS Veteran

Boo! Last night! Chelsea looks so sad not to see her main man. He is back, though, and hopefully he'll be there for your next trip.

I saw the pic of Connor and said "Ohhhhhh". I've seen that look before! I didn't ride ToT on our trip either. I just can't do it. Love the pictures you got while you were waiting.

We've got some of those big souvenir cups from other places which go in the cabinet never to see the light of day again.

Glad ya'll made it back to the resort without further incident!

June 2008 @ Pop Century
Thanksgiving 2010 @ Pop Century

Will We Stay or Will We Go - Thanksgiving Pre Trip/Trip Report http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2413919

It's Going to be a Capitol Vacation! Washington, D.C. August 13-18, 2009 Pre-Trip/Trip Report http://disboards.com/showthread.php?...1#post32476006

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: