Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-12-2010, 11:32 AM   #1591
disneyfan61
DIS Veteran

Love the DTD shopping pics. I want to get some sprinkles next time. I love the hoodie. Very cute.

Oh no-they took turns with their little "snits" huh?? I guess Disney & heat can bring out the worst in us at times. I'm sure it is the heat & exhaustion that does it. I have had my moments also.
Old 12-12-2010, 11:49 AM   #1592
Poolrat
I am alive, sometimes I wonder too!
I probably would be glued to the side

Ah yes the teenage speak before you think disease.

You handled it way better than I would have, that is for sure.

I am also glad you took the car to DTD so the horrible ride back was in your own car and not on a Disney bus.

Have the elves invaded your house yet? I bet they are keeping you busy with their mischief too?
POOLRAT PATI am a Disney Dork. 75- Contemporary,77- offsite Hyatt,86- offsite 1 day trip,88- offsite 1 day trip,98- Contemporary w/kids,01- All Stars Movies,05- Boardwalk,06- Coronado,07- Carribbean Beach,08- Beach Club,Oct 09 - POP/Coronado, Dec09/Jan 10 ASMu/ CSR , July '10-POP, Sept '10 POFQ,Oct '10 2X for F&W @ POP Oct'11-ASSp Dec '11-DVC SSR/AKL July '12- BCV, Sept '12- DL, Oct '12- BCV, Dec'12-POP Jan '13- OKW May '13-BWV Oct '13- BCV DEC '13- BCV May14-POP Aug 14- VWL Oct '14-DL Feb '15 -AKVK
Can't wait to go back
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-12-2010, 11:59 AM   #1593
englishrose47
DIS Veteran

Great update !!!Don't ya love the TEEN emotions !!I can just hear my DGDs saying that !!Only thing is they are well endowed !!!
[/B][/URL]
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3051652Where will Rosie Roam in 2013
[
[http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post50321302 Rosie Roamings in 2014
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3212398 Belly Dancing and Bus Mojo The Grannie Trip

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3278536 Let's Meet in the Dump Shop
Old 12-12-2010, 12:50 PM   #1594
MaryAz
DIS Veteran

OY, to the yelling. You handled it very well. I think I may already be there with Cayley-who is 4. She had a falling on the floor crying episode the other morning because there were no clean pink shirts in her closet. "Everyone will laugh at me" I cannot wait until next year when she will wear a uniform!! The hoodie is cute and it was sweet of you to get it for her.
Old 12-12-2010, 01:19 PM   #1595
Mndisneygirl
DIS Veteran

"the red glow of fury"!!! That's a good one!
I'm surprised Chelsea wouldn't have been embarrassed for screaming at you in the store. Most teens don't seem to want that kind of attention.

My DDs test me so much now, I can only imagine it will get worse. We have had to leave stores too. I hate that, because, as you said, then you miss out on things too. The price we pay to be good parents, eh?

You handled it beautifully, and score extra points for finding the hoodie on sale elsewhere.

Connor - too funny with the indecisiveness. I too suffer from that particular ailment! Thank God I don't buy legos!!!

Last night?? Boo hoo.
Old 12-12-2010, 07:15 PM   #1596
Spartangirl
DIS Veteran

45 minutes in the Lego store? Yikes! At least it looks like Connor came away with some good purchases!

Wow...you handled the situation with Chelsea so well! Unfortunately when you're overly tired, sometimes it can get the best of you. Glad to hear that Chelsea apologized to you...I guess it's safe to say that we all have our moments.

LOVE the hoodie...so cute!
Old 12-12-2010, 07:58 PM   #1597
brookelizabeth
Jambo Wildbunch Gang

Oh MeMom, your comment about Connor becoming an engineer made me laugh out loud! I recall Jill's post on Facebook the other day about wrapping presents with John --

Jackie - I feel your pain. Henry is already like that in the Lego store and he's not even making a purchase! He's just browsing! Seriously, this kid could spend an entire day in the Lego store just looking at the boxes! This past trip I shopped around DtD while Joe and Henry did the Lego store - and we'll be doing that same thing this coming trip.

And for the teen-meltdown in TrenD. You handled it very well! And good for Chelsea for apologizing and realizing what she did wrong - many kids are not that mature and would stay in their sulk! How sweet that she got that sweatshirt too, I'm sure it meant a lot to her. And it's adorable!
Feb 2014 - Vero Beach ... Sept 2013 - CR/Disney Fantasy...March 2013 - AKL/SSR/POR ... Oct 2012 - OKW ... Sept 2012 - Disney Magic ... June 2012 - Disney Magic ... Jan 2012 - PPH/VGC ... Aug 2011 - Pop/YC/OKW ... May 2011 - ASMo ... Feb/March 2011 - BWV/BLT ... Sept 2010 - BWV ... Dec/Jan 2009/10 - AKV ... Sept 2009 - CSR ... Jan 2009 - SSR ... Nov 2008 - WL ... Oct 2006 - AKL
Old 12-12-2010, 08:36 PM   #1598
Happydog
DIS Veteran

Well that was a doozy of a moment for sure, but looks like you handled it in stride!!

I totally relate with the fill a container of lego saga.... WHY do they give so many choices!!!!

Looking forward to your DHS night, not looking forward to round two of difficult children syndrome, but I completely understand it!! Who HASN'T been there, right?! Seriously.

Sorry you didn't get all your DTD shopping in, but that means you are due a solo shopping session one night next trip you go... totally worth it!

And what a good mom, getting that hoodie for her. It is very cute.

Twas the Night BEFORE Christmas 09?!PTR! Ho Ho Ho!Away we go!A WDW Christmas 09 TR! All aboard a WONDERful TR! Boo to YOU! Sept 09 TR
WDW 4th of July 09 PTR!I Want to Ride the Cotton Ball! July 4th 09 TR!Snow, Savannah, & NO School! Feb '10 TR Christmas fix MVMCP 2010 TR
One Family, One Year - a June '10 PTR The Ingredients for Pixie Dust - June '10 TR Disney-Landing Halloween - a Halloween '10 PTR/TR
Dream for two - Feb '11 TRSummer of Sea and Shore - June '11 PTR Strapping Turtles on our Feet! - June/July '11 TR
MY MAGICal Black Friday Thanksgiving Cruise - Nov '11 PTR/TR

Oct 2000 - Disney Magic 7 night cruise * Oct '03 - Contemporary * Oct '05 - WLV * Nov '08 - SSR * June/July '09 - OKW * Sept '09 - CBR * Dec '09 - BCV * Feb '10 - AKL * Feb '10 - Disney Wonder 3 night Cruise/Disney HH * June '10 - BLT/BCV * Oct '10 - Grand Californian * Dec '10 AKV - Kidani * February '11 - Disney Dream 4 night cruise/BLT * June '11 - Disney Dream 5 night cruise/Disney's Vero Beach/Ft. Wilderness/AKL Jambo * Oct '11 - WLV/SSR * Nov '11 Disney Magic 7 night cruise * February '12 - Disney Dream 4 night cruise/AKL Jambo * June/July '12 - BCV/WLV * Nov '12 Disney Fantasy 7 night cruise * July '13 AKV - Jambo * Sept '13 - AOA * Oct '13 - F & W SSR * Jan '14 AKV - Kidani * June '14 - BLT * August '14 Aulani * Halloween '14 Disney Wonder 5 night cruise * January '15 Disney Fantasy 7 night cruise * April '15 Disneyland resort *
Old 12-12-2010, 11:32 PM   #1599
wigdoutdismom
DIS Veteran

I just had a feeling it was going to be TrenD....
They have such cute things there, just right for a couple of fashion plates as the two of you!!!
Old 12-13-2010, 09:41 AM   #1600
Lady Lallie
DIS Veteran

Yikes.

Gotta love those teenage girl moments.

I think you handled it well! And what a good Mom getting her that hoodie at the giftshop!
Old 12-13-2010, 03:26 PM   #1601
Charleston Princess
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by reelmom View Post
I think you handled the melt down quite well. Glad you were able to get the hoodie at the gift shop.
Thanks! I don't know how I managed not to lose it right then and there.

I was glad to find the hoodie there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenjolt View Post
I waited for this update! I so love to read about your trips Jackie!!
Thanks, Jen!

Quote:
Sounds like it was an eventful trip to DTD!!! Never have been inside the lego store so I will take your word on it. Glad he did finally find something he would like and Pirate themed...that is just cool!!!
It only took him 45 minutes to decide.

Quote:
Oh...what a moment at TrenD!!

YAY for getting Chelsea the hoodie!!! It is so cute!! Is she wearing it now that it's getting cooler?
It was quite the experience.

She was wearing it Friday night.

Quote:
OOOH can't wait for your DHS night?? Any park at night is a lot of fun!!!!
Yes, it is! I love park nights, and we had a great time overall at DHS that night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeMom View Post
Oh, no.....

Oh, dear!

I dread.

I fear!

He's going to be

an

engineer!!!
That makes me scared after reading Jill's Facebook post about wrapping presents. LOL! Really, we are hoping Connor's goes the engineering route, so I am glad he is already showing signs.

Quote:
At least twenty.
To date, I have read twenty-three trips reports entitled 'The Wild Child and the Red-faced Woman in Downtown Disney'.
At least I am not alone! LOL!

Quote:
Didn't you know that for the next few years much of your mission in life will be to make her days miserable? To go against anything and everything she desires at all costs. You'll be pulling double duty. You'll be nice mild-mannered wife/mom/teacher/friend in the eyes of the world, but underneath, you will be secretly lurking around every corner and doing much research on how to say 'stupid things' and do things that make life unbearable for your sweet, perfect teenager.
This made me laugh out loud, MeMom!

Quote:
In all honesty, I was lucky with Jill, and it will be the same way with Chelsea. We stayed so busy with school activities, especially basketball, when we came home, we were too tired for drama. Plus, she was a good girl, like Chelsea is, so to give you hope, these moments will probably be few and far between. Like you said, she was tired, so that added to the event. I know you can look around at any given time, see other dramatic girls and moms, and be more than grateful you get to take your own home. There will be a few days along the way that you will want to 'ring her neck', but when you look back on it, you'll realize you both made it through very well.
Ah, thanks, MeMom!

Quote:
Enjoy your ice skating or cookie baking today.
Or both.
Whatever you choose.
Since I'm doing neither, I'd be more than happy to see your pictures later, if you want to share.
We opted for cookie baking -- three out of four of us decided it was just too cold to be outside (Chelsea, on the other hand, was all for freezing to death). I took lots of pictures of our creations -- the sprinkles were out in full force, so I will try to get them up this week.

Quote:
Cute. So sweet for you to get it for her. I know she loves it, and it is probably special to her because of how she got it.
She does love it! I just wish it was my size because I know one day, she won't want it anymore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Native NYer View Post
That's a long time in the lego sore, but I know the feeling. There's a lego store at the mall and one near Rockefellar Center and my nephew takes just as long!
It is excrutiating because there is nothing in there for me to browse through.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Native NYer View Post
Awww poor Chelsea. When you're 13, you just don't realize your mom knows what she's talking about when it comes to fashion, make-up, and boys! I'm glad you were still able to get the hoodie for her.
She thinks I am completely clueless, that's for sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jillyb View Post
Agree! The hoodie is very cute!
Thanks, Jill!

Quote:
Originally Posted by klacey1 View Post
Love those measuring spoons-- too cute! Aww, poor Chelsea-- we all remember too well treating our mothers like that! From what you said, definitely seems like tiredness let a monster invade her body-- glad you were able to pick up that hoodie for her. It's really nice and $25 is a GREAT deal!
I know I had plenty of those moments, but I never had them out in public. I probably would have never talked again if I had.

Quote:
Originally Posted by disney<333 View Post
Wow, our kids have a lot of a lot in common! That would do be Amy deciding on her purchases for an hour. I can't wait until she is older and I can leave her in the mall to shop by myself.
Connor takes FOREVER on everything. Taking him shopping is an exercise in patience!

Quote:
Originally Posted by disney<333 View Post
I'm sorry, but I was cracking up at the melt down. I know I wouldn't be if I was there, though. I have had a couple moments like that with Emily, though. Don't you just love teenagers?!
I must get more Mickey sprinkles!!
That sweatshirt is cute!
Oh, laugh away! I would laugh too from the standpoint of having been there myself. Chelsea seems to have these momentary lapses of judgement, and it just kills me. There are some days...

Quote:
Originally Posted by IheartDDuck View Post
I think you handled Chelsea turning into a monster very well. It does seem like it definitely came from the fact that she was tired. Oh to be 13 again! (Um, no thanks!)
I think she was exhausted. She probably would have still mouthed off to me, but I don't think it would have been quite as extreme.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IheartDDuck View Post
Connor's indecisiveness reminds me sooo much of my brother. I swear, it has always taken him hours just to figure out what he wants to buy. He used to save all of his souvenir money and not spend it. Little did we know (until later) this was all a tactic of his. My mom would take pity on him, and then would buy him stuff, without him spending a dime of his souvenir money! Crafty little bugger!
My brother used to do the exact same thing with my mom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwansLoveDisney View Post
I haven't seen that Mickey Bar antenna topper. I love it!
Thanks! I do, too! I haven't even used it yet because I don't want it to get dirty yet. LOL!

Quote:
And the measuring spoons are great. I have aspirations of slowly turning my kitchen into a Disney kitchen. If I do it slowly enough, my husband will never know it's happening.
That's what I did with our entire house. I don't think there is a room that doesn't have at least a picture from one of the trips. I started slowly in the kids' rooms.

Quote:
My sweet Claire is 8 months old now and I can't even imagine her as a 13 year old. I know it will happen and I know we will have moments like Chelsea's. And I hope to handle it with as much grace as you did!
Yes, I remember thinking the same thing when Chelsea was a baby. It happens quickly, too.

Ah, thanks! I didn't feel particularly graceful at the time -- I just knew I needed to get out of there before I became one of those parents screeching at their children in the middle of Disney.

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneyfan61 View Post
Love the DTD shopping pics. I want to get some sprinkles next time. I love the hoodie. Very cute.
Thanks! I love Mickey sprinkles!

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneyfan61 View Post
Oh no-they took turns with their little "snits" huh?? I guess Disney & heat can bring out the worst in us at times. I'm sure it is the heat & exhaustion that does it. I have had my moments also.
Yes, they were taking turns on our last day.
Old 12-13-2010, 03:39 PM   #1602
Charleston Princess
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poolrat View Post
Ah yes the teenage speak before you think disease.
Chelsea seems to have a pretty constant case of it! LOL!

Quote:
You handled it way better than I would have, that is for sure.
Oh, I was holding on by a thread, let me tell you!

Quote:
I am also glad you took the car to DTD so the horrible ride back was in your own car and not on a Disney bus.
I couldn't agree more!

Quote:
Have the elves invaded your house yet? I bet they are keeping you busy with their mischief too?
Oh, yes, they are at our house and keeping us very busy with their antics.

Quote:
Originally Posted by englishrose47 View Post
Great update !!!Don't ya love the TEEN emotions !!I can just hear my DGDs saying that !!Only thing is they are well endowed !!!
Chelsea would be very jealous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryAz View Post
OY, to the yelling. You handled it very well. I think I may already be there with Cayley-who is 4. She had a falling on the floor crying episode the other morning because there were no clean pink shirts in her closet. "Everyone will laugh at me" I cannot wait until next year when she will wear a uniform!! The hoodie is cute and it was sweet of you to get it for her.
Oh, no, about Cayley and her pink shirts! I wish we had school uniforms! It would be so much better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mndisneygirl View Post
"the red glow of fury"!!! That's a good one!
It's true! I swear I was seeing red.

Quote:
I'm surprised Chelsea wouldn't have been embarrassed for screaming at you in the store. Most teens don't seem to want that kind of attention.
I don't think she was even thinking about where she was...

Quote:
"My DDs test me so much now, I can only imagine it will get worse. We have had to leave stores too. I hate that, because, as you said, then you miss out on things too. The price we pay to be good parents, eh?
I can't tell you how many times I have kicked myself for not making it to the Christmas store. Maybe next time I will leave them back at the resort.

Quote:
You handled it beautifully, and score extra points for finding the hoodie on sale elsewhere.
Thanks! I didn't feel like I was handling anything but trying to get out of there before I started screaming myself.

Quote:
Connor - too funny with the indecisiveness. I too suffer from that particular ailment! Thank God I don't buy legos!!!
I have to confess it takes me a long time to make shopping decisions, too. LOL!

Quote:
"Last night?? Boo hoo.
Yes, it was sad to think of leaving our favorite place.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartangirl View Post
45 minutes in the Lego store? Yikes! At least it looks like Connor came away with some good purchases!
Connor was very pleased.

Quote:
Wow...you handled the situation with Chelsea so well! Unfortunately when you're overly tired, sometimes it can get the best of you. Glad to hear that Chelsea apologized to you...I guess it's safe to say that we all have our moments.
Thanks! I just knew we needed to leave before I became a story on the DIS boards. LOL!

Quote:
LOVE the hoodie...so cute!
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by brookelizabeth View Post
Oh MeMom, your comment about Connor becoming an engineer made me laugh out loud! I recall Jill's post on Facebook the other day about wrapping presents with John --
Me too!

Quote:
Jackie - I feel your pain. Henry is already like that in the Lego store and he's not even making a purchase! He's just browsing! Seriously, this kid could spend an entire day in the Lego store just looking at the boxes! This past trip I shopped around DtD while Joe and Henry did the Lego store - and we'll be doing that same thing this coming trip.
Good idea! I will have to make sure Charles comes along next time!

Quote:
And for the teen-meltdown in TrenD. You handled it very well! And good for Chelsea for apologizing and realizing what she did wrong - many kids are not that mature and would stay in their sulk! How sweet that she got that sweatshirt too, I'm sure it meant a lot to her. And it's adorable!
Chelsea is pretty good about realizing the error of her ways after the fact.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happydog View Post
Well that was a doozy of a moment for sure, but looks like you handled it in stride!!
As much as I was able to...

Quote:
I totally relate with the fill a container of lego saga.... WHY do they give so many choices!!!!
I kept trying to speed things along by making suggestions, but for some reason, Connor didn't think he needed any lime green legos. LOL!

Quote:
Looking forward to your DHS night, not looking forward to round two of difficult children syndrome, but I completely understand it!! Who HASN'T been there, right?! Seriously.
At least when Connor pouts, it is silent pouting.

Quote:
Sorry you didn't get all your DTD shopping in, but that means you are due a solo shopping session one night next trip you go... totally worth it!
I like the idea of a solo shopping trip!

Quote:
And what a good mom, getting that hoodie for her. It is very cute.
I couldn't pass up the $25 hoodie!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wigdoutdismom View Post
I just had a feeling it was going to be TrenD....
They have such cute things there, just right for a couple of fashion plates as the two of you!!!
They do have cute things -- love it in there! Chelsea just lost her mind!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Lallie View Post
Yikes.

Gotta love those teenage girl moments.

I think you handled it well! And what a good Mom getting her that hoodie at the giftshop!
Thanks, LL! I couldn't pass up a hoodie on sale for $25 even if she didn't really deserve it.
Old 12-13-2010, 04:52 PM   #1603
vamassey1
DIS Veteran

You handled that much better than I would have. Of course you could always take a page from "The Sweet Potato Queens". She suggests when your teens behavior is bad in publc just do something to embarass them, like singing loudly off key! When will those girls lean that Mother knows best. I just went round and round with Danielle yesterday and or course I was right. She was riding in our local very small Christmas parade with the Girl Scouts. It was cold and very windy. I kept telling her she needed more clothes for warmth. I told her at least 3 times to grab her gloves. She was in such a snit she didn't do it just to spite me. And of course her hands froze while she was throwing beads. I was a good mom and made her hot chocolate when we got back home to warm her up.

I'm so sorry you missed going to all the other stores too, but you did the right thing.

April 83- Choir trip offsite
Sept 99- Hilton Hotel Plaza
March 02-Movies
Thanksgiving 02-Marriott Hotel Plaza
Mardi Gras 04-Movies
New Years 06-POP
May 07-POP
June 09-POP
Mardi Gras 10-POFQ
Mardi Gras 12-PORS
Old 12-13-2010, 06:15 PM   #1604
TarzansKat
I may be TarzansKat, but I love Captain Jack!
Wow. It's still getting pretty hot around here

Awww. She had a teenage girl moment. I hate to say that it won't be the last, as sadly, I remember some of my finer ones. Bless my mother. And you handled it really well.

You know, I had no idea that you could do that at the Lego Store!!! That sounds like so much fun, something that we must do with Nemo. He is SO into Legos this year, it's what he asked Santa for.

I love TrendE as well. I was always feel like I can never see everything in that store, I almost love the sensory overload of it all, you know?
Old 12-13-2010, 08:37 PM   #1605
Cat0727
I am used to crowds and yielding to others all the time

Connor reminds me of my boyfriend. He takes forever to do things. Although he insists he is considering every which way of whatever he is deciding on!

I can only imagine how furious you must have been, but you handled Chelsea's meltdown very well. The Minnie hoodie you got her is so cute!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: