Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-30-2010, 01:53 PM   #1531
Mndisneygirl
DIS Veteran

Just read a blog about the One Man's Dream refurb. It's open again with some changes. Some of the items that were on loan from the Disney family have been removed.

One item that is no longer there is Mary Poppins' dress!!! it was replaced by some suit worn by Fred MacMurray in a movie I've never heard of!

Jackie - be glad you saw it!!!
Old 11-30-2010, 04:33 PM   #1532
Lovemy3babes
Is always in need to get herself and her children back to our "Happy Place"!

Aw, One Man's Dream. I haven't seen it in four trips so it is a definite must-do next time. LOVE all of the pictures Jackie! Thanks for posting them.

Just me and my girl…a very special 13th Birthday trip!
(updated 2/20/14)
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-30-2010, 05:45 PM   #1533
vamassey1
DIS Veteran

We loved OMD when we walked through it in 2009. We spent too much time looking at everything and didn't have time for the movie. I would really love to watch it with Danielle.

I'm so glad your family enjoyed it with you. I don't think I could get Dennis in there.

April 83- Choir trip offsite
Sept 99- Hilton Hotel Plaza
March 02-Movies
Thanksgiving 02-Marriott Hotel Plaza
Mardi Gras 04-Movies
New Years 06-POP
May 07-POP
June 09-POP
Mardi Gras 10-POFQ
Mardi Gras 12-PORS
Cheer Feb 2014-Movies
April 2015-PORS
Old 11-30-2010, 09:37 PM   #1534
Roxychica7
DIS Veteran

Why have I never seen the Roger Rabbit windows?!! I will certainly put that on my must see for the next trip!

How fun were the Toy Soldiers with Connor!! Too cool!
I've been in One Man's Dream before, but have never spent the time in there that it deserves..but I do remember the models, it's just amazing what one man dreamed up!
Jess (Me)-29 Blake (DF)-28 Our Italian Greyhound and our salt water tank
WHY did you do it? 2010
Upcoming Trip: Pop Century!
Old 12-01-2010, 04:53 PM   #1535
TarzansKat
I may be TarzansKat, but I love Captain Jack!
Wow. It's still getting pretty hot around here

OMG, Jackie! Where is the Scarlett O'Hara crate? Gone With the Wind was one of my mother's favorite movies. That and The Wizard of OZ. I absolutely have to find this the next time I go to DHS and show Nana!

Glad you had a good time at One Man's Dream. Looking at your photos makes me think I've never done that either. I really love the models, too, but suddenly, I have this urge to break out with Jolly Holliday.
Old 12-01-2010, 05:02 PM   #1536
hlrababy
Disney Princess ~Tinkerbell, sprinkle me with your pixie dust~ That castle is mine!!

I sure would like that Scarlett crate!! lol I love that movie!

I have always wanted to do One Man's Dream. It is definately on my to-do list! If we can ever get back to DHS!! lol

Hope ya'll had a wonderful Thanksgiving! I am a little late getting back
Old 12-02-2010, 10:11 AM   #1537
pooh'smate
My ticker is actually a day off

I am all caught up. I loved your pictures of MSEP. I can't wait to see it with Lexi in exactly 2 months from today. Connor and Green Army Men were really neat and I so am going to find Scarlett's crate. I wanted to name Lexi, Katie Scarlett, but Jon said no and Alexia is really the perfect name for her, Katie or Scarlett would not have fit her.

Old 12-03-2010, 04:18 PM   #1538
MEK
DIS Veteran

I love One Man's Dream. Its full of so many wonderful treasures. Nicholas can spend an hour in there, easily. He soaks it all in and has a much better attention span than I do.

Hope you had a nice Thanksgiving!

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
Old 12-04-2010, 06:10 AM   #1539
Charleston Princess
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by manntra View Post
Ziggy is such a good sport when he gets dressed.....on goes the harness collar and then he puts his head down for the big hole in the sweater and then lifts one leg up at a time. I think he is just humoring me rather than being well behaved He really does shake like a leaf when he is outside though....he is naked on his belly! Although it does get a tad bit colder here He had a nice wool argyle one that I may have put in the dryer....it would be good for a chipmunk now!

Tracy
It has been pretty cold here lately, too. Even my big dogs run out, do their thing, and come right back in.

Too funny about the sweater for the chipmunk.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat0727 View Post
I never noticed the references to Roger Rabbit at DHS other than the billboard, love that they have them though I can't believe I missed the windows I'll be looking out for them next time!
They are over on the street near Hollywood and Vine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryAz View Post
I was behind and missed some great updates!! I have also never done OMD, will have to put it on the list. Looks like Connor had a fun time with the Army Man.
Yes, make a point to peek into One Man's Dream -- lots of cool stuff in there!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megablocks View Post
Ah, I fell behind and my internet died last night, so I'm playing catch-up! I love that Connor got recruited by the green army men, and I adore that picture of him standing with the green army man! We only saw the toy soldier that didn't talk but made me blush when he pretended to kiss my hand and then held it for the picture.
Hi, Megs! Love that the toy soldier kissed your hand! What a great picture!

Quote:
I love One Man's Dream. I have never seen the film, but I want to. I'm pretty sure we're the same with getting weepy at certain things, so I'm at least prepared!
Oh, yes, we are very similar in the weepiness factor so bring tissues!

Quote:
Can't wait for the 50's PTC update -- we love it there, especially b/c my dad likes to go out of his way to get in trouble. I wanna see if anyone gets in trouble!
Coming up this morning!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jillyb View Post
Loved all the updates! Very cool pictures of Connor with the Green Army man!
Thanks! I love those pictures!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mndisneygirl View Post
Just read a blog about the One Man's Dream refurb. It's open again with some changes. Some of the items that were on loan from the Disney family have been removed.

One item that is no longer there is Mary Poppins' dress!!! it was replaced by some suit worn by Fred MacMurray in a movie I've never heard of!

Jackie - be glad you saw it!!!
Oh, I wonder what movie it is from -- he was in one called The Happiest Millionaire that I loved when I was younger.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovemy3babes View Post
Aw, One Man's Dream. I haven't seen it in four trips so it is a definite must-do next time. LOVE all of the pictures Jackie! Thanks for posting them.
With all the changes, you should definitely go see One Man's Dream the next time you are at Disney!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vamassey1 View Post
We loved OMD when we walked through it in 2009. We spent too much time looking at everything and didn't have time for the movie. I would really love to watch it with Danielle.
My two loved the movie as much as Charles and I did! It's very well done!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vamassey1 View Post
I'm so glad your family enjoyed it with you. I don't think I could get Dennis in there.
Charles is not really into museums, but he liked One Man's Dream, so maybe you could convince Dennis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roxychica7 View Post
Why have I never seen the Roger Rabbit windows?!! I will certainly put that on my must see for the next trip!
Which is like a week away now, right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roxychica7 View Post
How fun were the Toy Soldiers with Connor!! Too cool!
I've been in One Man's Dream before, but have never spent the time in there that it deserves..but I do remember the models, it's just amazing what one man dreamed up!
I loved Connor's interaction with the soldier.

It is amazing to me what all Disney did -- especially when I consider I have a hard time even picking out Christmas cards. LOL!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TarzansKat View Post
OMG, Jackie! Where is the Scarlett O'Hara crate? Gone With the Wind was one of my mother's favorite movies. That and The Wizard of OZ. I absolutely have to find this the next time I go to DHS and show Nana!
If you are standing in front of the boat at Echo Lake, head to the left around the lake, they are in front of those buildings where Peevy's Frozen Concotions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TarzansKat View Post
Glad you had a good time at One Man's Dream. Looking at your photos makes me think I've never done that either. I really love the models, too, but suddenly, I have this urge to break out with Jolly Holliday.
I always feel like singing that, too, when I see the dress!
Old 12-04-2010, 06:12 AM   #1540
Charleston Princess
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by hlrababy View Post
I sure would like that Scarlett crate!! lol I love that movie!

I have always wanted to do One Man's Dream. It is definately on my to-do list! If we can ever get back to DHS!! lol

Hope ya'll had a wonderful Thanksgiving! I am a little late getting back
Hope you had a great Thanksgiving, too, Heather!

I love Gone with the Wind, also! I may need to watch it again soon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pooh'smate View Post
I am all caught up. I loved your pictures of MSEP. I can't wait to see it with Lexi in exactly 2 months from today. Connor and Green Army Men were really neat and I so am going to find Scarlett's crate. I wanted to name Lexi, Katie Scarlett, but Jon said no and Alexia is really the perfect name for her, Katie or Scarlett would not have fit her.
Thanks! Yes, the MSEP is wonderful! I hope we get a chance to see it again before it leaves.

I always wanted to have two black labs that I could name Scarlett and Rhett!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
I love One Man's Dream. Its full of so many wonderful treasures. Nicholas can spend an hour in there, easily. He soaks it all in and has a much better attention span than I do.

Hope you had a nice Thanksgiving!
Hi, Mary Ellen! Connor is like Nicholas -- he will stop and study every single display!
Old 12-04-2010, 06:41 AM   #1541
Charleston Princess
DIS Veteran

We Watch TV While We Eat!

July 22, 2010: Part Four

After a fun morning at DHS, it was time for our lunch at the 50’s Primetime Café. We had never eaten there before since Charles wasn’t keen on it, but this trip I managed to convince him that we should.

We requested a TV table, so we had to wait a little bit. That was fine with me since it gave us a chance to soak in the atmosphere in the waiting area.

Even with waiting for a TV table, we were still seated by our ADR time of 12:05. The table was perfect!

Our waiter was Cousin Tom, and he was a hoot! When he first came by, he threw the Viewmaster behind the toaster. He also tossed plates down and was in general very sarcastic. He kept fussing at Charles and me for putting our elbows on the table and complained about Grandma making the shakes and not being as fast as she used to be.

Disaster struck when Chelsea’s hair elastic snapped. For a teenage girl, there is nothing worse then having one’s hair look less than perfect. Chelsea proceeded to pout like nobody’s business. I even tried to take a picture to show her it didn’t look nearly as bad as she thought it did.

She managed to find another elastic and make amends before the meal became a complete wash.

Charles ordered a PB and J shake, onion rings, and a chicken ceasar salad. Connor had a chocolate shake, onion rings, and a turkey sandwich. Chelsea had a vanilla coke and the fried chicken, and I had the chicken sandwich and ate some of the onion rings.

Connor became very disgruntled with me when I poured Chelsea some of his shake. (It wasn’t as if he was going to be able to drink it all -- they were huge!) It was obvious that my two were becoming unraveled on this day, and it would get worse before the end of it.

Here he is before he became mad at me!

For some reason, I only took one picture of the food -- the onion rings!

When it was time to think about dessert, Chelsea picked up the Viewmaster and asked, “How does this thing work?” Charles and I burst out laughing, and Charles turned to me and said, “Are we really that old?”

We decided against dessert since we had eaten so much already, but Cousin Tom brought Chelsea a birthday cupcake. He had the entire dining room sing Happy Birthday to her, complete “Cha-Cha-Cha’s.”

Overall, we enjoyed the atmosphere at Primetime, but the food was just okay.

With full bellies, we decided it was time to head back to the room for some of us (Charles) and Downtown Disney for the rest of us.

On our way out, we grabbed Fast Passes for Star Tours for the evening -- we now had Fps for Toy Story Mania, the Tower of Terror, and Star Tours for our nighttime activities.

UP NEXT: Chelsea becomes a monster at DtD!

Last edited by Charleston Princess; 12-04-2010 at 06:56 AM.
Old 12-04-2010, 07:24 AM   #1542
Disneymoon09
DIS Veteran

I love the update! For some reason 50PT have never appealed to me. I guess I dont want to be fussed at while I eat lol. But I am glad you all enjoyed it and I hope everyone behaves...or at least tries

Dec 1996-Offsite (Give Kids the World Grounds)
Dec 2009- All Star Movies
Sept 2011 - POP
Nov 2013 - ASMo with BFF for Gingerbread 5k at GKTW!
Nov 2013- Beckett's First Trip!
May 2014- POP, leaving the kid at home!
Nov/Dec 2015- Hoping to rent DVC points at AKL

Old 12-04-2010, 07:53 AM   #1543
DisMomAmy
DIS Veteran

Sorry you didn't love Prime Time! We eat there almost every trip. We'll be skipping it this year & eating at Sci Fi instead - a new one for us. We love the food at Prime Time - it's different than most of the other places we eat. Though Alex isn't big on the sarcasm!

You have a nice collection of FPs for your return visit!
Old 12-04-2010, 07:53 AM   #1544
MeMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charleston Princess View Post

Disaster struck when Chelsea’s hair elastic snapped. For a teenage girl, there is nothing worse then having one’s hair look less than perfect. Chelsea proceeded to pout like nobody’s business. I even tried to take a picture to show her it didn’t look nearly as bad as she thought it did.

She managed to find another elastic and make amends before the meal became a complete wash.
Isn't it interesting what small things can cause drama in teenage girls?

The first time I ate at PrimeTime, I was scared to death. I wanted no one to chastise me publicly, so I ate every bite on my plate and was stuffed sick.

The next time I ate there, I went in a little braver. I didn't eat everything, and I was able to put a crumpled napkin over what was left.
I made it out without being fussed at.

I have never had the PBJ shake, but everyone raves about them.

The TV tables are fun. That is what my house looked like when I was little. I enjoyed seeing the old clips from the shows I knew so very well.

Thanks for the fun pictures. I'm headed out in my new old car to get some groceries. This thing sits up so much higher than my Camry, so I feel like I'm driving a school bus!
Mingos in da Watah! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2758143
Geen Yight: She's Out of Sight! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2677011
My Name is NOT Broccoli www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2611094
From Pop to the Top www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2495977
Mother, May I? Yes, You May www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2448482
Ringing in 2010 www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2356794
Brooklynn Takes Bella to Meet Cinderella www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2209387
A Two Short, Too Different Spring Break Trip www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2122295
Over the river and through the FUN! http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post29060069
A Ten Day Ride on a Magic Camel www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1869591
Baby and the Tramp...and a Pop Half Century www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1470678

We've stayed at Pop Century, All Star Sports, All Star Movies, All Star Music, French Quarter, Wilderness Lodge, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Art of Animation, Beach Club, Vero Beach, Kidani Village and Saratoga Springs - many trips, and many wonderful, magical memories made.
Old 12-04-2010, 07:56 AM   #1545
2xcited2sleep
DIS Veteran

A monster at DtD? Oh boy. I'm glad you tried 50's. It looks like Chelsea really enjoyed her cupcake! I loved my viewmaster as a kid. I guess we are old. Those onion rings sure look good. Sorry the rest of it was just ok.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: