Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-27-2010, 07:21 PM   #1516
miprender
Michelle Boo Boo

Wow..how did I fall so far behind again. I missed three of them

Great updates. I have never been to OMD either, but looking at the pictures makes me want to go.

Where is the box from Gone with the Wind? That is one of my favorite movies and I don't think I have ever noticed it.
Old 11-27-2010, 10:08 PM   #1517
999ghostslover
DIS Veteran

What a fabulous day! I never knew there were nods to Roger Rabbit around the park. I have a new mission! Can'twait to see how your lunch goes.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-28-2010, 06:54 AM   #1519
Charleston Princess
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartangirl View Post
We love One Man's Dream too! Like you, I get weepy EVERY time! Walt Disney was truly one-of-a-kind and just amazing!
He was a true visionary!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poolrat View Post
But at least you did get to do it before they took it down to refurb. An article I read said since it was meant to be up only for about a year, lost of stuff that was on loan was finally given back. I think that Mary Poppins dress was one of them.
I think this will be one of those forever changing exhibits and always changing for the better.

So visit often and takes lots of pictures.
I didn't realize that most of those things were on loan. That's very neat -- I like the thought of the exhibit changing from time to time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Native NYer View Post
I Julie Andrews! I agree. It definitely made it better.

Dresses and shoes
Her voice is about as iconic Disney as they come!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KGGJT View Post
Nice report
Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wigdoutdismom View Post
A refurb at One Man's Dream? I guess it's time to go back in!

Jackie, was just on Ebay looking at ornaments and happened on some Mary Blair and thought of you! Oh my goodness! So cute and pricey! You must take a look and drool along with me.....
I went and looked at them yesterday! Drool is right! Those Peter Pan ones are precious!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by manntra View Post
Oh I adore walking through OMD.....I really missed it when it was being refurbed (a word right ) in October so thank you for the pictures!
You're welcome!

Quote:
Gone With the Wind is one of my favorite movies too. I never tire of watching it
Scarlett has the best clothes even if she is a bit of a brat!

Quote:
Oooh dinner with tv.....hmmm I wonder if anyone gets in trouble?

Tracy

Did Ziggy suspect that he was a topic of conversation last night? We were at my parents' for dinner, and I couldn't resist putting sweaters on their Manchesters (my big dogs can't wear clothes, so I have to play dress up with my parents' dogs). Well, Tippy (the girl) was not happy. She was all hang-dog -- acting like it was the worst thing in the world to be wearing the Christmas red sweater. I was trying to convince her it was a good thing and telling her all about Ziggy and his amazing fall/winter wardrobe. She wasn't buying it. Toby, on the other hand, was all tail wagging and preening.

Quote:
Originally Posted by miprender View Post
Wow..how did I fall so far behind again. I missed three of them
I have been updating a lot during this break.

Quote:
Great updates. I have never been to OMD either, but looking at the pictures makes me want to go.
It is definitely worth seeing it! We really enjoyed it.

Quote:
Where is the box from Gone with the Wind? That is one of my favorite movies and I don't think I have ever noticed it.
It is over by Echo Lake. There is a big stack of crates -- one is addressed to Rick from Casablanca and another one to the guy from Citizen Kane.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 999ghostslover View Post
What a fabulous day! I never knew there were nods to Roger Rabbit around the park. I have a new mission! Can'twait to see how your lunch goes.
There is a billboard also with Roger Rabbit and the baby for a fictitious cartoon short.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisMomAmy View Post
I can't wait to finally visit One Man's Dream in January!!
It is so neat in there -- all sorts of memorabilia!
Old 11-28-2010, 08:44 AM   #1520
KGGJT
Earning My Ears

The "One Man's Dream" pictures were great
Thanks for sharing
Old 11-28-2010, 07:01 PM   #1521
IheartDDuck
DIS Veteran

Great updates! I love the green army men. That's so cool that he put Connor through his paces.
Old 11-28-2010, 08:33 PM   #1522
DWGal210
DIS Veteran

One Man's Dream is on my list, too. I think if I end up doing my solo trip next year, I'll go there. My traveling partners haven't been too keen on that, so it might have to wait until I can go by myself!

Old 11-29-2010, 04:20 AM   #1523
Charleston Princess
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KGGJT View Post
The "One Man's Dream" pictures were great
Thanks for sharing
Thanks! I was so glad we were finally able to do it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IheartDDuck View Post
Great updates! I love the green army men. That's so cool that he put Connor through his paces.
It was a really neat experience! It isn't often that Connor wants to do things like that anymore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DWGal210 View Post
One Man's Dream is on my list, too. I think if I end up doing my solo trip next year, I'll go there. My traveling partners haven't been too keen on that, so it might have to wait until I can go by myself!
It is definitely worth seeing! The memorabilia is really neat to look at, and the film is very well-done.
Old 11-29-2010, 07:30 AM   #1524
micandminforever
DIS Veteran

Sending pixiedust your way that school days will pass quickly and uneventful until Christmas break.
One day trips with Family 1972,1973, 1976, Honeymoon off site June 1985, Off site June 1986, Off site June 1989, Grand Floridian June 1992, Wilderness Lodge June 1995, Dixie Landing(POR) April 1997, Hilton at Downtown Disney April 2000, Beach Club June 2003, POFQ June 2005, Pop Century Dec. 2005, Pop Century Jan. 2006, Pop Century Sept. 2007, POFQ Jan. 2009, Pop Century Sept 2009, BLT 25th Anniversary Trip June 2010, CBR March 2011, PORS Sept. 2012, Pop Century Jan. 2013
Old 11-29-2010, 01:48 PM   #1525
Charleston Princess
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by micandminforever View Post
Sending pixiedust your way that school days will pass quickly and uneventful until Christmas break.
Thank you! It helps that I have to be absent tomorrow and next Tuesday -- cuts down the time a bit!
Old 11-29-2010, 03:41 PM   #1526
manntra
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charleston Princess View Post

Did Ziggy suspect that he was a topic of conversation last night? We were at my parents' for dinner, and I couldn't resist putting sweaters on their Manchesters (my big dogs can't wear clothes, so I have to play dress up with my parents' dogs). Well, Tippy (the girl) was not happy. She was all hang-dog -- acting like it was the worst thing in the world to be wearing the Christmas red sweater. I was trying to convince her it was a good thing and telling her all about Ziggy and his amazing fall/winter wardrobe. She wasn't buying it. Toby, on the other hand, was all tail wagging and preening.
Ziggy is such a good sport when he gets dressed.....on goes the harness collar and then he puts his head down for the big hole in the sweater and then lifts one leg up at a time. I think he is just humoring me rather than being well behaved He really does shake like a leaf when he is outside though....he is naked on his belly! Although it does get a tad bit colder here He had a nice wool argyle one that I may have put in the dryer....it would be good for a chipmunk now!

Tracy
Old 11-29-2010, 05:56 PM   #1527
Cat0727
I am used to crowds and yielding to others all the time

I never noticed the references to Roger Rabbit at DHS other than the billboard, love that they have them though I can't believe I missed the windows I'll be looking out for them next time!
Old 11-29-2010, 06:15 PM   #1528
MaryAz
DIS Veteran

I was behind and missed some great updates!! I have also never done OMD, will have to put it on the list. Looks like Connor had a fun time with the Army Man.
Old 11-29-2010, 06:31 PM   #1529
Megablocks
DIS Veteran

Ah, I fell behind and my internet died last night, so I'm playing catch-up! I love that Connor got recruited by the green army men, and I adore that picture of him standing with the green army man! We only saw the toy soldier that didn't talk but made me blush when he pretended to kiss my hand and then held it for the picture.

I love One Man's Dream. I have never seen the film, but I want to. I'm pretty sure we're the same with getting weepy at certain things, so I'm at least prepared!

Can't wait for the 50's PTC update -- we love it there, especially b/c my dad likes to go out of his way to get in trouble. I wanna see if anyone gets in trouble!

In the moments of our lives
Both the joyous and the tragic
If the truth is to be told
We are all pursuing magic

1994: CBR // 1996, 1998, 2000, 2002, 2003, 2004: POR // 2005, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2012, 2013: Pop Century
Next: May 2014, Pop Century!

Old 11-30-2010, 09:58 AM   #1530
jillyb
DIS Veteran

Loved all the updates! Very cool pictures of Connor with the Green Army man!

June 2008 @ Pop Century
Thanksgiving 2010 @ Pop Century

Will We Stay or Will We Go - Thanksgiving Pre Trip/Trip Report http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2413919

It's Going to be a Capitol Vacation! Washington, D.C. August 13-18, 2009 Pre-Trip/Trip Report http://disboards.com/showthread.php?...1#post32476006

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: