Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-27-2010, 11:09 AM   #1
catrax
Mouseketeer

Quack Quack - Just got back!

It's not my first trip, but it is my first trip report!

I'm going to give this trip report thing a try.

We left for the World on August 17th with a twinkle in our eyes. After all, hoe hot could it be? New England summers are also notoriously humid and since we live in Rhode Island, we thought that we would be used to the heat and humidity by this point in the summer. WRONG! Man was it hot down there. We were soaked through by 8:30 am. I sure hope that my memory of is heat I'd like my memory of child birth - mostly about the prize and not the pain because we plan on returning at the same time next year!

We arrived at POP at about 3:30. I will note that this was both our first time at POP and our first time using online checkin. the only problem that we had with the online check in was that the line moved very slowly. While the guests in front of us were working out their issues, the regular registration lines were moving quickly. There was only one person in front on me when I arrived, but it took over 30 minutes for me to get my package. No matter! We were in Disney World! We got a room that perfectly matched our requests. Thanks room assignment gods! Our first stop - the Magic Kingdom!

We got our photo pass right away since we pre-purchased the CD and we wanted to get our money's worth. Lots of pictures front of the castle and then we we were off to stand in some lines! Many more adventures to come!
Old 08-27-2010, 11:23 AM   #2
MHSweb79
DIS Veteran

Subscribing because I'm a fellow Rhode Islander. Greetings from the northeast corner of the littlest state!

Comment on the weather: Yes, our days can get every bit as hot and sometimes as humid as FL, but we are used to the temperature dropping 10-20 degrees after the sun goes down. This doesn't happen in Florida!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: