Adventures by Disney forums

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Adventures By Disney
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-23-2010, 09:59 AM   #1
JsMom2
DIS Veteran

Australia June 11, 2011 - We're booked!

Anyone else going?

JsMom2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 11:36 AM   #2
terranol
Earning My Ears

Just curious, how many points do you own?
terranol is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-23-2010, 12:04 PM   #3
JsMom2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by terranol View Post
Just curious, how many points do you own?
We have 545 DVC points/year...why do you ask??

Old 07-23-2010, 12:20 PM   #4
sayhello
Have Camera, Will Travel

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JsMom2 View Post
We have 545 DVC points/year...why do you ask??
My guess would be this is another person who thinks everyone who goes on ABD's does it with DVC points.

Sayhello
NOW POSTING! My DIS Unplugged London/Paris/Disneyland Paris Trip Report! (2011)
Now posting my Greek Odyssey Trip Report (2013)
sayhello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 01:08 PM   #5
briano72
Earning My Ears

have a great trip
briano72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 04:08 PM   #6
dismiss
Mouseketeer

Airfare?

I was looking at this. But after the ABD cost for 3 Adults and 1 Child. I do not know if we could swing the airfare.
Does anyone know a ball park estimate?
I tryed looking on expedia and find everything from 3,000 to 23,000 PER PERSON if not booked at the same time as a tour. Can ABD get group rate Airfare?

Thanks in advance
dismiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 09:34 PM   #7
JsMom2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dismiss View Post
I was looking at this. But after the ABD cost for 3 Adults and 1 Child. I do not know if we could swing the airfare.
Does anyone know a ball park estimate?
I tryed looking on expedia and find everything from 3,000 to 23,000 PER PERSON if not booked at the same time as a tour. Can ABD get group rate Airfare?

Thanks in advance
You can get an air quote from ABD, but I think you have to be within 330 day of traveling. I usually do everything separately. When I checked from Pittsburgh it was under $2,000 per person in the lowest economy. What I'll probably do is fly economy r/t to LAX, and then book a fare to Australia that allows me to use miles to upgrade to Business class.

Old 07-24-2010, 01:41 AM   #8
WebmasterPete
Grand Administrator
The Big Dipple
Easily confuses bathrooms and attics
I survived Hurricane Frances...send more ice cream!

DISboards Administrator

You're going to LOVE this trip - Walter and I did it in September last year, and it was amazing.

Airfare - Qantas and V-Australia are your best bets. I regularly find round trip coach for under $1000 - but I'm always looking at September, not June (I have nights where I just obsess about wanting to go back there - it's really beautiful). V-Australia is really aggressive with their pricing - they're trying to make a dent in Qantas stranglehold on that market.

I'm not sure if this is still the case, but last September we flew Qantas and booked premium economy. The route from Los Angeles to Brisbane doesn't have a premium economy section, so we were put in business class instead. When I asked why, the flight attendant told me that V-Australia was offering business class to Brisbane for the same price Qantas was charging for premium economy (for us, it was about $2800 round trip per person). I can't begin to tell you the difference it made on the flight down. These were the 'lie flat' sleeper seats - pure heaven.

Also, be prepared - apparently everything in Australia will kill you. Disney was meticulous in warning us about every type of critter, bug, snake, spider, man-eating-plant. Of course nothing bad happened, but they warn you about these things A LOT. Even still, it was a flawless vacation - and one that I would do again in a heartbeat!

Pete
Old 07-24-2010, 08:42 AM   #9
JsMom2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WebmasterPete View Post
You're going to LOVE this trip - Walter and I did it in September last year, and it was amazing.

Airfare - Qantas and V-Australia are your best bets. I regularly find round trip coach for under $1000 - but I'm always looking at September, not June (I have nights where I just obsess about wanting to go back there - it's really beautiful). V-Australia is really aggressive with their pricing - they're trying to make a dent in Qantas stranglehold on that market.

I'm not sure if this is still the case, but last September we flew Qantas and booked premium economy. The route from Los Angeles to Brisbane doesn't have a premium economy section, so we were put in business class instead. When I asked why, the flight attendant told me that V-Australia was offering business class to Brisbane for the same price Qantas was charging for premium economy (for us, it was about $2800 round trip per person). I can't begin to tell you the difference it made on the flight down. These were the 'lie flat' sleeper seats - pure heaven.

Also, be prepared - apparently everything in Australia will kill you. Disney was meticulous in warning us about every type of critter, bug, snake, spider, man-eating-plant. Of course nothing bad happened, but they warn you about these things A LOT. Even still, it was a flawless vacation - and one that I would do again in a heartbeat!

Pete

Awesome info, especially about the Business Class on V-Australia. I agree about the Int'l business class - it's a different world! I usually save my frequent flyer miles up just to use for upgrades on int'l flights. Thanks Pete!

Old 07-26-2010, 08:09 AM   #10
Diskidatheart
Mouseketeer

Hi JSMom and fellow Pittsburgher! I'm trying to talk my DW into going to Australia in 2011 also. We haven't made any plans yet, but the flight is the main concern for her. Over 24 hours of flying is tough, but I think the prize at the end would make it worthwhile.
Diskidatheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 12:08 PM   #11
disneyphx
Mouseketeer

We go to Australia often and have never paid more than $2,000 - and that is in Dec/Jan which is Australia peak.
VAustralia economy is cheap - but everything about it felt cheap.....if you can only do Economy, I suggest paying a little more for Qantas or Air New Zealand (have not done United trans-pacfiic for a long time, and never done Delta).
disneyphx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 02:50 PM   #12
LoveMickey
Can't wait to feel the "wonder" of the Disney Wonder!

I believe our guide from last year is doing the Australia ABD this year. His name is Daniel and he is a great guide. Have fun.
Old 08-08-2011, 01:47 PM   #13
beachcat
Mouseketeer

So how was Australia

Quote:
Originally Posted by JsMom2 View Post
Anyone else going?

Australia is next on my list. How was your trip?

RDH
beachcat is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: