Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-23-2010, 07:05 PM   #91
leane
Proud BLT/AKV owner 2009. 1,064 miles between homes

I am super excited to say... we will be at the poly CL (!!!) for 2 nights before a BLT 7 night stay. I was able to snag a lagoon view CL room today upgraded from a TPV. I am so happy it was finally available. Sad for the poor person that let the room go but happy for us.

We were at poly for breakfast at Kona in March and my girls fell in love, DM too... so for our girls only part of our trip I decided to change from the BWI CL to Poly. I am so excited after seeing all of the pics and reading the last thread.. I feel like it won the lottery getting my CL room. I wasn't going to rest until I did LOL

89 days to go and a new ticker to create! I am looking forward to reading everyones reviews from the August visits. There seems to be quite a few visiting in August. Good luck with the heat.

I am going to request a 3rd floor room in the hopes that we can see the castle. I have an email into IPO hoping they can help us get an earlier ressie for Ohana's, we currently have 8:50 pm... SO LATE

I am really contemplating changing a day to a resort day to enjoy all the poly has to offer. But then again I have a full day on check out day to try and waste time waiting for our room at BLT

Past visits:BCV/AKV Feb-Mar 2010~ Poly/BLT Oct 2010
leane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 07:06 PM   #92
FanofDis
Mouseketeer

Great thread! Thanks for the information. We will be there August 10th - 18th. Can't wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AKV/BLT 06/2013, AKV - 07/2012, BWV 08/2011, Poly/BWV 08/2010, BCV 08/2009, AKV/BCV 08/2008, BWV 08/2007, BCV 8/2006, BCV 8/2005, BWV 08/2004, DCL (7 Night Eastern) 4/03, BWV- 8/03, BWV 8/02, BWV 8/01, DVC Member 10/00, DXL 8/00, PO 11/99, PO 8/98, WL 11/97, WL 10/96, WL 10/95, DXL 10/94, Poly 6/9, Poly 05/77
FanofDis is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-23-2010, 07:39 PM   #93
BabyFu18
DIS Veteran

Hey everyone another live update for you. For the poster asking about resort specific merch (sorry I don't remember your name!), I looked around briefly and found Polynesian logo tees, travel coffee cups, picture frame, trading pins, and possibly other items since I only looked around briefly. I'm gonna shop a lot more don't worry, so I'll keep my a lookout for more resort specific items (I always buy something with my resort logo on it for a keepsake).

Oh my gosh y'all I didn't know we moved on to a new thread! Wow I'm so behind but I'll catch up with that once I'm home, doing this on the phone is not the easiest on my eyes.
Old 07-23-2010, 07:54 PM   #94
SeaSpray

Frankly Scallop, I don't give a clam!
Loud people give me Skull Pain!
Call me "impatient"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tess View Post
Guest services is probably the place to start. They filter all e-mails to the appropriate individuals whether it be resort properties or parks:

WDW.Guest.Communications@disneyworld.com
Thanks Tess. I'm going to send an email, saying how much I'd love to hear the old loop music mixed in with the new.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCDomzal View Post
Can anyone who has been to the Poly recently tell me how the mosquito situation is? I've never had a problem with them during any of our other trips, but I also never spent much time outside in the evening at our resort. I plan on spending lots of time enjoying the beautiful Poly grounds at night, watching the fireworks from the beach, etc., so I wondered if I should bring bug spray.
Thanks!
We were there 2 weeks ago and had no problems at all with mosquitos or any other bugs.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

~ Polynesian LVC July '10 ~ Polynesian LVC May '08 ~ RCI's 'Explorer of the Seas' Oct '07 ~ Polynesian LVC July '07 ~ Port Orleans Riverside May '07 ~ Disney Magic "Cruising Castaways" Cruise & Polynesian LVC Aug '06 ~ Animal Kingdom Lodge May '06 ~ Polynesian LVC Oct '05 ~ Wilderness Lodge CL & Polynesian LVC July '05 ~ Disney Magic 10-night "Lost at Sea" Hurricane Cruise Aug/Sept '04 ~ RCI Bermuda Cruise '03 ~ Caribbean Beach '02 ~ Grand Floridian LV '01 ~ Caribbean Beach '01 ~ DisneyLand '95 ~ WDW '85,'78,'76 ~
[/center]
SeaSpray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 08:16 PM   #95
Zuzu03
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodleygrrl View Post
Oh you have to have at least one!

My favorite Poly thing to do is order one at the Tambu Lounge and then watch and see all the other people looking at you and saying, "what the heck is that? I need one!". and then all of a sudden the whole bar is drinking out of pineapples!

Jennifer
I had not had one before this most recent trip and now I wish I hadn't waited so long! They are outstanding!!! I'm in need of one right now!
Old 07-23-2010, 08:17 PM   #96
Zuzu03
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaSpray View Post
Thanks Tess. I'm going to send an email, saying how much I'd love to hear the old loop music mixed in with the new.

We were there 2 weeks ago and had no problems at all with mosquitos or any other bugs.
Just got back Monday and I didn't have problems, but DD complained a bit while we were waiting on the beach for the fireworks. She's sweeter, so she attracts them I guess!
Old 07-23-2010, 08:18 PM   #97
Zuzu03
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BabyFu18 View Post
Hey everyone another live update for you. For the poster asking about resort specific merch (sorry I don't remember your name!), I looked around briefly and found Polynesian logo tees, travel coffee cups, picture frame, trading pins, and possibly other items since I only looked around briefly. I'm gonna shop a lot more don't worry, so I'll keep my a lookout for more resort specific items (I always buy something with my resort logo on it for a keepsake).

Oh my gosh y'all I didn't know we moved on to a new thread! Wow I'm so behind but I'll catch up with that once I'm home, doing this on the phone is not the easiest on my eyes.
Have a WONDERFUL time BabyFu!!!!!
Old 07-23-2010, 08:23 PM   #98
mom4463
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missoutandabout View Post
Completely jealous of that counter!

Any Tokelau enthusiasts here? I made a request with our reservation for top floor @ Tokelau if they had it available. It's only a garden view room and not sure if they'll grant it -- figured it was worth a shot in asking! It's our first time at Poly, first time at Disney for hubby and daughter. Would love to hear what others think about the longhouse...
We loved staying in Tokelau!!
We loved the location because it was so central to the GCH and TTC. We requested a patio instead of a balcony because we had small children with us (there were 13 of us!) and our rooms were all together, so when we would come back to our rooms the kids would play outside our patios.

Have a great trip!

Offsite/Universal-IOA/Seaworld-February/2011
Offsite/Universal-IOA-WDW/April 2013
mom4463 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 08:37 PM   #99
Zuzu03
DIS Veteran

Finally got most of DD's pictures uploaded to photobucket. How about a picture of the quiet pool with some visitors?

The CMs kept chasing them out and they just kept coming back. It was cute!
Old 07-23-2010, 09:31 PM   #100
TxCat25
Earning My Ears

Smile

Love the new thread and pictures are awesome. We are looking forward to our first WDW trip in August and have booked CLGV. One of my kids is still in her crib and I"m considering renting a full size crib from an outside company (she won't do pack n play), but wanted to be sure that there will still be enough room in the room to access the patio/balcony and day bed if we do this (older DD will use the day bed). Also, has anyone ever requested bed rails and been told that there are none available? Added them to ressie but am wondering if I should also order some from the crib company. Thanks for any help you can provide!
TxCat25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 09:35 PM   #101
disneymumma
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuzu03 View Post
Finally got most of DD's pictures uploaded to photobucket. How about a picture of the quiet pool with some visitors?

The CMs kept chasing them out and they just kept coming back. It was cute!
So Cuuuute!

DH Me DS16 DS14 DD11
POFQ '95 AS '01 CBR '05 POR '08 POLY '10 Dream '12 TOT10/POR '12 TOT10/POR '13 TOT10/POR '14
disneymumma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 09:38 PM   #102
Missoutandabout
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom4463 View Post
We loved staying in Tokelau!!
We loved the location because it was so central to the GCH and TTC. We requested a patio instead of a balcony because we had small children with us (there were 13 of us!) and our rooms were all together, so when we would come back to our rooms the kids would play outside our patios.

Have a great trip!
Thanks so much for the thumbs-up for Tokelau. Hoping they'll have something available for our request but I won't hold my breath!
Missoutandabout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 09:51 PM   #103
Zuzu03
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneymumma View Post
So Cuuuute!
It was super cute, but the poop around the edge of the pool wasn't so much!
Old 07-23-2010, 10:28 PM   #104
Bean Counter
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyndisun View Post
I guess I am in the minority here...it's not that we didn't like the old music, we are just so glad that they have more than the eight or so original songs. For two years in a row we have had a ground floor room in the Hawaii building where you can hear the music constantly since it is piped into the grassy area/beach. DH is so tuned in to music (no pun intended) that he was nearly driven insane by the constant repetition of songs. Maybe they should have just added more songs instead of getting rid of the old ones.
I agree. The last loop was nice but I would have been a lot happier had it been a little longer.

The one that really makes me want to jump off the balcony (okay, maybe that is a little drastic) is the Christmas loop! We weren't even there a full day before it felt like "Mele Kalikimaka on Christmas Day" and "Numbah One Day of Christmas" were playing back to back every few minutes. By the third day of our trip I was really hoping tutu would forget to send a few gifts. So maybe I'll get lucky and the Christmas loop will be extended too.

I'll deny it to the end, however, that I sometimes break out into song while at the office. An' one mynah bird in one papaya tree!

Last edited by Bean Counter; 07-23-2010 at 11:51 PM.
Bean Counter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 10:48 PM   #105
vicki_c
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bean Counter View Post
I agree. The last loop was nice but I would have been a lot happier had it been a little longer.

The one that really makes me want to jump off the balcony (okay, maybe that is a little drastic) is the Christmas loop! We weren't even there a full day before it felt like "Mele Kalikimaka on Christmas Day" and "Numbah One Day of Christmas" was playing back to back every few minutes. By the third day of our trip I was really hoping tutu would forget to send a few gifts. So maybe I'll get lucky and the Christmas loop will be extended too.

I'll deny it to the end, however, that I sometimes break out into song while at the office. An' one mynah bird in one papaya tree!
LOL! Numbah One Day of Christmas - I have that on my Christmas playlist! I didn't hear it at the Poly @ Christmas, but we weren't staying there on that Christmas trip. I thought I would share our playlist that we listened to while driving down to our last Poly stay (you can see the whole middle group is the resort loop - I think I got those files from Tikiman's site a few years ago). But if anyone's looking for a Poly-themed playlist - here are some ideas. I hope that's not too off-topic for the thread. Sorry for the wonky DIS formatting!

Banana Pancakes Jack Johnson
Bora Bora Toti's Tahitians
Coconut Harry Nilsson
Don't Worry Baby The Beach Boys
E Le Ka Lei Lei(beach Party Song) Don Ho
Fantasy Island All-Time Top 100 TV Themes
Gilligan's Island Bill Cole, Gene Merlino, Ian Free-Smith & Stan Farber
God Only Knows The Beach Boys
Guitars and Tiki Bars Kenny Chesney
Hale'iwa Hula Amy Hanaiali‘i Gilliom
Harbor Lights Duke Kamoku & His Islanders
Hawaii Five-O The Ventures
Hawaiian Roller Coaster Ride Kamehameha Schools Children's Chorus & Mark Keali'i Ho'omalu
Hawaiian Shirt Day Lundberg
Hernando's Hideaway Archie Bleyer
The Hukilau Song Alfred Apaka
The Inch Worm Jack Costanzo
Kokomo The Beach Boys
Lava The B-52's
The Millionaire's Holiday Combustible Edison
On the Beach at Waikiki New Hawaiian Band
Polynesian Hukilau Disney
Polynesian Lanai Music Disney
Polynesian Track 1 Various
Polynesian Track 2 Various
Polynesian Track 3 Various
Polynesian Track 4 Various
Polynesian Track 5 Various
Polynesian Track 6 Various
Polynesian Track 7 Various
Polynesian Track 8 Artist
Polynesian Track 9 Various
Polynesian Track 10 Various
Polynesian Track 11 Various
Polynesian Track 12 Various
Polynesian Track 13 Artist
Polynesian Track 14 Various
Polynesian Track 15 Various
Polynesian Track 16 Various
Polynesian Track 17 Various
Polynesian Track 18 Various
Rock-A-Hula Baby Elvis Presley
Sitting, Waiting, Wishing Jack Johnson
Sleepwalk Santo & Johnny
Slinky The Bomboras
Taboo Martin Denny
Theme from "The Tiki Wonder Hour" Combustible Edison
Tiare Tahiti Toti's Tahitians
Tiki / Quiet Village Martin Denny
Tiki Tiki Tiki Room Wayne Brady
Volcano Jimmy Buffett
When the Sun Goes Down Kenny Chesney featuring Uncle Kracker
You Ku'uipo Willie K
June 1978 - Poly / Nov 1996 - Yacht Club / Jan 2001 - Poly / Jan/Feb 2004 - Wilderness Lodge / 2004-2006: Animal Kingdom Lodge, Nick Hotel, Caribbean Beach, Port Orleans Riverside, HI Sunspree, Buena Vista Suites, Caribe Royale / Jan 2008 - Poly / June 2008 - Saratoga Springs and Villas @ Wilderness Lodge / Nov 2008 -Boardwalk Villas / Dec 2008 - WL, Beach Club Villas and Beach Club / June 2009 - POFQ and Poly / Jan 2010 - AKV, 4 night DCL & BCV / Nov 2010 - POFQ / April 2011 - SSR / Nov 2011 Swan / Jan 2012 - BC/ April 2012 OKW / April 2014 AoA & AKV
vicki_c is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: