Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-06-2011, 09:04 PM   #3586
carlnix30
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by minniebeth View Post
Perhaps they changed the age limit? We were there 3 weeks ago and my DD13 and DS15 at the time (now 16) were wanting to rent them... the marina workers said, yep, they'd be good to go. They decided not to, they didn't want to spend their spending $ on them but it seemed like they would be ok to go....?
Quote:
Originally Posted by minniebeth View Post
I'm really not trying to be contrary with you I'm just relating our recent experience. The sign said 12 years and a certain height. We conversed with the marina/rental CM about the requirements and she knew how old my kids were and that they were planning on driving/riding the boat themselves. It was a-ok according to her.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tess View Post
Carl, your information has to do with personal watercraft (wave runners), the water mice are different. Personal watercraft does require a driver's license even in MI.

If you look at the new thread and see the picture of the water mice rental, it is age 12 and 5' tall to rent. Our kids drove these water mice years ago when they were young--granted we rode along (and maybe there is a change now and the signage hasn't been changed), but they drove us and we switched when they got tired of making waves.

As with all things Disney--you get a different answer from every CM.
I cannot believe we have not allowed our kids to drive the mice! And it goes soo slow with larger than normal me and a teen! I can send them out and say bye bye.. I know I asked last year and they said no. Fiddle faddle..
I get so indignant when I think I am right. sorry guys.

disdads member#559
me DW DD17 DS15 DD14
2007 WL, 2008 CB, 2009 Poly CL TPV, 2009 Poly CL TPV again!, 2010 Poly CL TPV, 2011 Poly CL TPV! 2012 Poly CL TPV
carlnix30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 05:50 AM   #3587
crcurton
DISser since 2001

Just wanted to say I love the new Aloha, Poly Winter thread!!!!Thanks Rob, and I didn't want to clutter it up,
POFQ : 05
SOG : 07
Poly : 99,09,11
BLT : 10
crcurton is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-07-2011, 10:23 AM   #3588
minniebeth
I count on y'all to keep me up to date ;)
I'm ok going up, just can't go down...

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlnix30 View Post
I cannot believe we have not allowed our kids to drive the mice! And it goes soo slow with larger than normal me and a teen! I can send them out and say bye bye.. I know I asked last year and they said no. Fiddle faddle..
I get so indignant when I think I am right. sorry guys.
Hey, no problem! That's why I love the disboards, it's great discussion and really, there really is a lot of conflicting information out there, and sometimes we all get different information from different CMs.
Hope your kids can go back and enjoy the watermice sometime!

Avenger's 1/2 Marathon!
minniebeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 10:15 PM   #3589
All American
DIS Veteran

Is this where we can check in before we officially check in?

My family is heading down to the Poly in June, and I can't wait! My husband and daughters have never stayed here (we've only done All Star Movies, and while I loved it, my husband made me swear to never do that to him again.), so for his birthday, I upgraded and booked a week during Star Wars Weekends. For me, it's a return trip almost 20 years too late. (I stayed at this particular hotel when I tagged along with my dad on a business trip while I was in high school.)

I loved it then and sure I will love it more. Thanks for all of the pictures. Seeing them makes a cold winter's day in Utah much more bearable .

DH Me DD DD
All American is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 11:03 PM   #3590
carlnix30
DIS Veteran

Winter Poly FAQ This is the new thread

This thread will shut down and no one will respond. Please post your questions and comments there.

disdads member#559
me DW DD17 DS15 DD14
2007 WL, 2008 CB, 2009 Poly CL TPV, 2009 Poly CL TPV again!, 2010 Poly CL TPV, 2011 Poly CL TPV! 2012 Poly CL TPV
carlnix30 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: