Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 09-09-2010, 03:21 PM   #1501
kimgof
DIS Veteran
 
kimgof's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: new jersey(outside Philly)
Posts: 742

Wow those transportaion cards sound great! My kids love collecting things...they love the pressed pennies and the Epcot countries stamps, and the AK book that you get stamped all over the park. I never knew abou these cards...they will love collecting them on our next trip! thanks for that info- one more reason I love the DIS boards!
__________________

Halloween'04 ASSports,Aug '06 POR, Sept '08 POR, Aug '09 Poly,Aug '11Poly&HRH,Aug '14 POP&HRH
DS(19) DS(13): DD(11) me & DH
kimgof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 03:26 PM   #1502
Missoutandabout
DIS Veteran
 
Missoutandabout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Chicagoland, IL
Posts: 2,038

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay for all of you single-digit dancers!

I'm doin' a little boogie-an'-jive of my own: just did our online check-in, woot!

Hrm, I'm wondering... I booked through Expedia and they added a little "request" thingie to our reservation. Our request was top floor, Tokelau. You don't actually see any of that information when you log in, wondering if I should call two days out -- as per the Disney reservation guy said -- or leave it to chance. Hrmmmmm.
Missoutandabout is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 09-09-2010, 04:50 PM   #1503
jmkst58
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: PA
Posts: 1,082

Hello again,

There was one thing I wanted to remember to ask when I got hom to the disboards and totally forgot about it until now.

MY KIDS LOVE THE PILLOWS AT THE POLYNESIAN.

I saw the 'resort collection' catalog of things that you can order online, but there were 3 kinds of pillows there in that catalog and i wanted to ask the front desk what kind I should order- so that they were the exact kind that was on the beds in our room---- AND I FORGOT!!!!!! ugh.

My DH even told me to ask if we could take one and they could just charge our room for it. lol but I just don't think i would've been able to ever do something like that. lol. it felt wrong to me.

anyway-- does anyone know how i can get my hands on one of them? Or how i could talk to someone at the polynesian about how I could get one of those? I know- weird questions.

but my daughters really want a pillow just like those.

any help would be appreciated.

TIA!
jmkst58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 06:16 PM   #1504
TxMickeyLover
DIS Veteran
 
TxMickeyLover's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Texas
Posts: 1,201

For all of you leaving this week, I hope you have safe travels and a magical vacation!!

20 Days until we check into the Poly! I can't wait!
__________________
Tiffany

WDW
Sept. 2007 WL ~ April 2008 CSR ~ Nov. 2009 Poly ~ Sept/Oct. 2010 AKL CL / Poly CL ~ Nov 2010 Pop ~ May 2012 Pop

DLR
Sept. 2011 DLH

DCL
Sept. 2013 Wonder

Last edited by TxMickeyLover; 09-09-2010 at 06:22 PM.
TxMickeyLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 08:30 PM   #1505
chattadisser
Mouseketeer
 
chattadisser's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 365

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmkst58 View Post
Hello again,

There was one thing I wanted to remember to ask when I got hom to the disboards and totally forgot about it until now.

MY KIDS LOVE THE PILLOWS AT THE POLYNESIAN.

I saw the 'resort collection' catalog of things that you can order online, but there were 3 kinds of pillows there in that catalog and i wanted to ask the front desk what kind I should order- so that they were the exact kind that was on the beds in our room---- AND I FORGOT!!!!!! ugh.

My DH even told me to ask if we could take one and they could just charge our room for it. lol but I just don't think i would've been able to ever do something like that. lol. it felt wrong to me.

anyway-- does anyone know how i can get my hands on one of them? Or how i could talk to someone at the polynesian about how I could get one of those? I know- weird questions.

but my daughters really want a pillow just like those.

any help would be appreciated.

TIA!
I fell in love with those pillows as well the first time we stayed there. There are 3 different pillows listed and I guessed that the one that I loved was the one listed as the "gel" pillow. It's kinda a cross between a foam pillow and a feather pillow. I have had it over a year now and still LOVE it! Hope this helps you.
chattadisser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 08:35 PM   #1506
maiapapaya
Totally DIS-tracted!
 
maiapapaya's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: southwestern ON
Posts: 2,507

Quote:
Originally Posted by chattadisser View Post
I fell in love with those pillows as well the first time we stayed there. There are 3 different pillows listed and I guessed that the one that I loved was the one listed as the "gel" pillow. It's kinda a cross between a foam pillow and a feather pillow. I have had it over a year now and still LOVE it! Hope this helps you.
Yep, it's the gel pillows! We emailed the company that sells them after our Poly trip last year and ordered a couple. We LOVE them!!
__________________


me DH DD23 DD12 DD9 Finnegan Daisy
1971 offsite ~ 1988 CBR ~ 2009 Poly ~ 2010 Poly ~ 2011 Poly CL ~ 2012 Poly CL ~ 2013 Poly ~ 2014 Fantasy Western Caribbean ~ 2014 GF ~ 2015 Poly
maiapapaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 08:50 PM   #1507
DebbyLof428
DIS Veteran
 
DebbyLof428's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: CT
Posts: 675

Are all the pillows at the Poly the same? We were in CL in April and I didn't like the pillows at all, but these "gel" pillows sound good. Where can I find the website? Thanks.
__________________
DebbyLof428 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 08:54 PM   #1508
jmkst58
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: PA
Posts: 1,082

Quote:
Originally Posted by chattadisser View Post
I fell in love with those pillows as well the first time we stayed there. There are 3 different pillows listed and I guessed that the one that I loved was the one listed as the "gel" pillow. It's kinda a cross between a foam pillow and a feather pillow. I have had it over a year now and still LOVE it! Hope this helps you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by maiapapaya View Post
Yep, it's the gel pillows! We emailed the company that sells them after our Poly trip last year and ordered a couple. We LOVE them!!
THANK YOU!!

these boards are the best.

REALLY- THANK YOU. going to be going to order some of those for us as well!!


The 1st day... when i shook my oldest awake... before she even opened her eyes- the first words out of her mouth were 'I LOVE this pillow.'

Good stuff.
jmkst58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 09:06 PM   #1509
maiapapaya
Totally DIS-tracted!
 
maiapapaya's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: southwestern ON
Posts: 2,507

Quote:
Originally Posted by DebbyLof428 View Post
Are all the pillows at the Poly the same? We were in CL in April and I didn't like the pillows at all, but these "gel" pillows sound good. Where can I find the website? Thanks.
We didn't stay CL, so I don't know if the pillows are the same or not. Here's the website:

http://www.disneyresortcollection.com
__________________


me DH DD23 DD12 DD9 Finnegan Daisy
1971 offsite ~ 1988 CBR ~ 2009 Poly ~ 2010 Poly ~ 2011 Poly CL ~ 2012 Poly CL ~ 2013 Poly ~ 2014 Fantasy Western Caribbean ~ 2014 GF ~ 2015 Poly
maiapapaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 09:36 PM   #1510
tpholland
Every day is a Disney day in my heart
 
tpholland's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Suffolk, Virginia
Posts: 402

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluejasmine View Post
Ill dance with you and MrsB!
Have a great time!!!! We'll be there next Friday celebrating our 22nd anniversary. Can't wait, single digits (aka 4 work days):
::
:par tyarty:
__________________
Tammy
With my parents: Disneyland 1972, Disneyworld 1974,Disneyworld 1980
As A Parent:June 2000 off site: Sept '02 CSR & off site: Sept '03 CBR: Sept '04 POFQ: Sept '05 POFQ: Sept '06 CSR: Sept '07 CBR: Sept '08 CBR: Sept '09 CBR: Sept '10 Poly: Sept '11 YC: Sept '12 3 night Pop/8 nights Poly: Nov '13 4 nights CB/7 nights YC: Sept '14 POP

tpholland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 09:38 PM   #1511
sahummel
Mouseketeer
 
sahummel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 123

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missoutandabout View Post
Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay for all of you single-digit dancers!

I'm doin' a little boogie-an'-jive of my own: just did our online check-in, woot!

Hrm, I'm wondering... I booked through Expedia and they added a little "request" thingie to our reservation. Our request was top floor, Tokelau. You don't actually see any of that information when you log in, wondering if I should call two days out -- as per the Disney reservation guy said -- or leave it to chance. Hrmmmmm.
I did online checkin the other day and our previous request for a ground floor room was there when I went to checkin.
__________________
sahummel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 08:40 AM   #1512
mom2travel
DIS Veteran
 
mom2travel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: NC
Posts: 2,426

We are single digit dancing too - woo hoo!!




__________________
Me, DH, DS, DD

CR Poly GF ASSp DLR
WL BWI AKL YC POFQ
mom2travel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 09:27 AM   #1513
maiapapaya
Totally DIS-tracted!
 
maiapapaya's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: southwestern ON
Posts: 2,507

Congrats all you single-digit dancers! So exciting!
__________________


me DH DD23 DD12 DD9 Finnegan Daisy
1971 offsite ~ 1988 CBR ~ 2009 Poly ~ 2010 Poly ~ 2011 Poly CL ~ 2012 Poly CL ~ 2013 Poly ~ 2014 Fantasy Western Caribbean ~ 2014 GF ~ 2015 Poly
maiapapaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 10:03 AM   #1514
DebbyLof428
DIS Veteran
 
DebbyLof428's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: CT
Posts: 675

Quote:
Originally Posted by maiapapaya View Post
We didn't stay CL, so I don't know if the pillows are the same or not. Here's the website:

http://www.disneyresortcollection.com
Thank you for the website.
__________________
DebbyLof428 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 10:46 AM   #1515
Tinkerbellie16
Certified Disneyaholic
 
Tinkerbellie16's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Mile High Rockies
Posts: 3,757

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizneechic View Post
We had no idea about the cards either but we are huge monorail fans so my kids always chat up the CMs asking all sorts of questions about them. This time one of the CMs pulls a card out his pocket and said that most CM's working in transportation will have them so if you behave (yeah!!!) and ask nicely they will give you one. So for the rest of our vacation the kids were angels anytime we were near monorails or the water shuttle and would ask the CMs if they had cards. There used to be 12 cards for the monorail but they no longer make pink/purple (btw parts from both of those monorails were used to make monorail teal, which doesn't have a card, and coral is currently the mono wrapped as the tronorail ) so the current collection consists of 10 cards and apparently yellow (Cinderella) is VERY hard to come by.
Link to more info and pictures of transportation cards.
This is great!!! Thank you SO much for the information! I can't wait to tell the kids about them - they will love it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missoutandabout View Post
Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay for all of you single-digit dancers!

I'm doin' a little boogie-an'-jive of my own: just did our online check-in, woot!

Hrm, I'm wondering... I booked through Expedia and they added a little "request" thingie to our reservation. Our request was top floor, Tokelau. You don't actually see any of that information when you log in, wondering if I should call two days out -- as per the Disney reservation guy said -- or leave it to chance. Hrmmmmm.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sahummel View Post
I did online checkin the other day and our previous request for a ground floor room was there when I went to checkin.
I did online check in a couple days ago and did not see my room request (although it was on the paper invoice they sent me). I would suggest calling 4 to 10 days prior to arrival to verify your room request is on the reservation - that's what I'll be doing
__________________
DH ME DS (12) DD (10)


6/14 YC 10/13 Poly 5/13 Poly & BC 10/12 Poly 7/12 CSR/BWV 5/12 CBR 3/12 DL 10/11 Poly 5/11 VWL 9/10 Poly 3/10 Dolphin 4/09 Poly 4/08 BC 5/07 Poly/Cruise/ASMo 7/06 AKL 7/00 POR 7/98 DisIns 3/98 Off 7/96 POR +
Tinkerbellie16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:20 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: