Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Weddings and Honeymoons > Planning our Happily Ever After
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-26-2010, 08:28 PM   #16
erin.w
DIS Veteran

Adorable welcome bags - and tags! Can't wait to read more!
2006-POP 2007-SSR 2008-SSR/VWL and AKV 2009-SSR and AKV - CL 2010-AKV Flower+Garden Festival and Food/Wine Festival DFTW Planning Session 2011 - AKV DFTW, DCL Disneymoon Check out our Wishes TR: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2412269
2012 - Feb. AKL, May - AKL & DCL, Oct. BLT
erin.w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 09:07 PM   #17
pixiegirl
Mouseketeer

WOW!! I love your welcome bags with all of the labels!! Did you just use powerpoint to make them? I need to make tags for my bags as well. I also love your logo it is absolutely adorable!!! I can't wait to read more!!!

My Dream Disney Wedding in Wisconsin PJ
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post37093756
pixiegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-27-2010, 05:29 AM   #18
angel81uk
Mouseketeer

I love your welcome bags, the logo is so cute! Can I ask where you're getting the bags themselves printed?
14 Nights with Mum YC & OKW Oct 2012

angel81uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 06:03 PM   #19
minniebride
DIS Veteran

Hi Joan!

I just saw your post in the other thread and I thought it might be easier (& more organized for you!!) to post the info here

For non-DFTW Dessert Parties, call this number:
321-939-7278

It's the phone number for Disney Catered Events and they handle the DP's for brides like us!!

Hope this helps!!!
minniebride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 10:55 PM   #20
BecBennett
Statistically, 6 out of 7 dwarves are not happy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by minniebride View Post
Hi Joan!

I just saw your post in the other thread and I thought it might be easier (& more organized for you!!) to post the info here

321-939-7278

It's the phone number for Disney Catered Events and they handle the DP's for brides like us!!

Hope this helps!!!
I came to get this information too I could have sworn I read a couple of months back that they no longer arrange private dessert parties unless it's for weddings. So this is great!

Joanne, I love your bag! It's so cute!
Old 07-27-2010, 11:10 PM   #21
pixie921
DIS Veteran

How did I miss your original posts? I love what you have planned and made so far! You're a do-it-yourself girl after my own heart!

I've eaten at the Swan, but never realized they had such a pretty spot for weddings/vow renewals. It looks lovely!

And I love-love-love your logo!!! I'm using the castle and flourishes for my invitations, but they're not nearly as nice as yours. Well done!

I'll definitely be reading along, as we are planning our vow renewal for next year, too.
Old 07-28-2010, 07:06 AM   #22
tinkerbell 766
If I can't fly, let me sing. Or, in other words if I can't be in Disney, let me talk about it !
DLRP is quite simply my spiritual home

Quote:
Originally Posted by erin.w View Post
Adorable welcome bags - and tags! Can't wait to read more!
Quote:
Originally Posted by pixiegirl View Post
WOW!! I love your welcome bags with all of the labels!! Did you just use powerpoint to make them? I need to make tags for my bags as well. I also love your logo it is absolutely adorable!!! I can't wait to read more!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by angel81uk View Post
I love your welcome bags, the logo is so cute! Can I ask where you're getting the bags themselves printed?
Quote:
Hi Joan!

321-939-7278

Hope this helps!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by BecBennett View Post
I came to get this information too I could have sworn I read a couple of months back that they no longer arrange private dessert parties unless it's for weddings. So this is great!

Joanne, I love your bag! It's so cute!
Quote:
Originally Posted by pixie921 View Post
How did I miss your original posts? I love what you have planned and made so far! You're a do-it-yourself girl after my own heart!

I've eaten at the Swan, but never realized they had such a pretty spot for weddings/vow renewals. It looks lovely!

And I love-love-love your logo!!! I'm using the castle and flourishes for my invitations, but they're not nearly as nice as yours. Well done!

I'll definitely be reading along, as we are planning our vow renewal for next year, too.
Thanks girls!!

Erin - Thank you so much!! I am glad you will be reading along!!

pixiegirl - Thank you. Yes, I do all my DISigning on powerpoint. I also use a programme which is on my computer called VCW VicMan's photo editor. I think it must be a free programme as I have never bought it, so I must have downloaded it from somewhere years ago, but I only use this for removing backgrounds from pictures/clipart and converting them to GIF. I occasionally use paint too but very rarely. All the actual DISigns are created on powerpoint and I have never felt the need (or had the spare money) to invest in a programme like photoshop. I know a lot of the DISigners over on the 'Creative DISigns' board use photoshop and their work is far superior to mine, so maybe one day!!!!

angel81uk - I had the bags printed by Vistaprint. HTH Thanks for your lovely comments!!

minniebride - Thank you so much!!! I am still not sure whether the budget will stretch to a DP. I am hoping it will!!! I just needed to have a number to call in case I am given the go ahead to plan a DP at Sago Cay. I will be following your plans closely to see how they are going as we seem pretty similar with what we are doing!! Thanks again!!

BecBeccett - I hope that it is not true that Disney will not arrange a DP for anybody but DFTW brides anymore!!! I think they will lose a lot of business and have a lot of disappointed guests!!! Thank you so much. I am glad you like the bag!!!

pixie921 - I am glad you like my humble D-I-Y projects!!! I am sure your logo is wonderful!!! Do you have a PJ so that I can follow your plans along. I agree that the Swan is very pretty. I am very excited we are having our VR there. Thanks again for following along!!!

tinkerbell 766 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 07:44 AM   #23
tinkerbell 766
If I can't fly, let me sing. Or, in other words if I can't be in Disney, let me talk about it !

We interupt your regularly scheduled PJ to post a couple of pictures I meant to post earlier on but forgot
First is a picture of our original wedding in 2000

The second is the luggage labels which will be posted to all my guests just before we leave. I asked all my guests who their favourite character was amd made each with their favourite. I don't want to bore you with all of them, so I have posted two examples. I have also posted an example of the back of the tag. I have bought faux leather luggage tags to put them in and figured that if I did the front inserts and back inserts seperately, they could use the front for future journeys and just change the information on the back. I have also done a back insert for the return journey but won't bore you with it as it is the same except in place of the VR logo is the phrase ' But I don't want to go home!!' and it obviously has the return flight details on it!!

Last edited by tinkerbell 766; 08-03-2010 at 02:52 PM.
Old 07-28-2010, 10:25 AM   #24
jtanddolly
DIS Veteran

I love the logo you designed! Beautiful job!

My DISigns are not to be used for profit or gain in any way. I post them for others personal use only so they can be used for family and friends to make trips, parties and daily life more special.
jtanddolly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 11:12 AM   #25
pixie921
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkerbell 766 View Post
pixie921 - I am glad you like my humble D-I-Y projects!!! I am sure your logo is wonderful!!! Do you have a PJ so that I can follow your plans along. I agree that the Swan is very pretty. I am very excited we are having our VR there. Thanks again for following along!!!
No PJ yet ... we're still over a year away, so I figured I'd start one sometime after the new year.
Old 07-28-2010, 11:53 AM   #26
DisneyDiva84
Mouseketeer

Those bags are adorable! Everything looks great so far can't wait to read more
Old 07-28-2010, 06:25 PM   #27
minniebride
DIS Veteran

I love your original wedding photo-very "Cinderella" with the castle-looking door behind you!
minniebride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 07:19 PM   #28
tinkerbell 766

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtanddolly View Post
I love the logo you designed! Beautiful job!
Quote:
Originally Posted by pixie921 View Post
No PJ yet ... we're still over a year away, so I figured I'd start one sometime after the new year.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyDiva84 View Post
Those bags are adorable! Everything looks great so far can't wait to read more
Quote:
I love your original wedding photo-very "Cinderella" with the castle-looking door behind you!
Dolly - Thank you!!! This is praise indeed coming from such a talented DISigner!!!

pixie921 - Looking forward to reading all about it when you start your PJ!!

DisneyDiva84 - Thank you so much!! I am flattered you want to keep reading along!!

minniebride - Thank you - It was a lovely day but it was rushed through a bit and not quite what I dreamed of (hired dress, village hall reception etc). My VR will be my opportunity to be a princess (probably the final chance I will get as I am getting old now!!!)

Old 07-28-2010, 07:41 PM   #29
Jitzy
Mouseketeer

Beautiful Wedding Picture!

I think your picture is lovely! Love the glimpse of the architecture!

Excuse my American self, but I noticed where you are from...Is that The Lake District, ie, Elizabeth Bennett and Mr. Darcy? I know I am such a dork...!

Also, I saw that you asked for suggestions for gift bags. Have you thought about detergent for the clothes? I just got back from a trip and used the Purex sheets that have the detergent and fabric softener in one. (you could buy a box and then split them up into decorative envelopes ~ you are so creative it should be a breeze!) There are also just the little boxes of detergent. It was nice to not have a ton of dirty clothes when we got home. (also, even though we pack a collapsible clothes hamper, it's just nice not to have dirty clothes lying about.) Anyway, your guests can purchase those in the laundry room, but it might be nice to have a small box handy. My sister and I were at BWV this spring and the vending machine was out of the individual boxes late one night. This poor lady had to wait forever to have someone refund her money and bring some detergent. We had none to give her, either.
Jitzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 08:00 PM   #30
tinkerbell 766

Just remembered I forgot to post these too!!!
These are an example of the tags to go on the kid's welcome bags, which are Toy Story and Princess backpacks.

Last edited by tinkerbell 766; 08-04-2010 at 08:06 PM.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: