Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Weddings and Honeymoons > Planning our Happily Ever After
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-19-2010, 01:02 PM   #136
KitKat5
Mouseketeer

Hiya! Thought I'd pop over and read your PJ seeing as you were reading mine!! Your VR sounds like its going to be beautiful!! I look forward to seeing the pictures! By the way, I love your fascinator/veil and the dress is gorgeous!! I look forward to following along!
KitKat5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010, 02:05 PM   #137
tinkerbell 766
If I can't fly, let me sing. Or, in other words if I can't be in Disney, let me talk about it !
DLRP is quite simply my spiritual home

KitKat - Thank you sweetie!!
Glad you are following along!!

We have definately decided to do the TTD at the Poly. I am looking forward to getting both beach and pool shots. As Claire (brer rabbit) said, we could maybe get some shots with the castle in the background, which would be great since we will not be having an in-park shoot. I love some TTD shots I have seen, (sorry to the gorgeous Disbride who they belong to - I can't remember your name!!) which uses a bottle of champagne, and has some great pictures of them opening it etc. I think I may steal this idea!!
I am currently working on the next edition of the newsletter. For the second half of our trip, we are staying at PORS and have the DDP. I am hoping to gather ideas on where people want to eat, and will include a reply card with the newsletter so people can contribute ideas regarding where to try to get ADRs. I think that some days we may all eat together (all 15 of us!!) and others we will be in smaller groups, so I need to be organized before ADR day (which is 1st November). If I am booking an ADR for the whole group, will I have to use the group reservation line? How many are allowed in the party before you are required to book through the group reservation line?
I was REALLY naughty and bought a pair of Jimmy Choo's from Ebay last week!!! They are gold and I absolutely love them!!! I am hoping to wear them for the 'Get Together' dinner at the Turf Club Grill on the first Monday of our trip!! The will probably cripple me but after all 'beauty is pain' and they are to die for!!! I have always wanted a pair and couldn't resist!! I will take a pair of comfie flip-flops to change in to incase we decide to hit either DTD or the Boardwalk after the dinner!!
I am typing this at work so will try to post a picture of the shoes tomorrow.

Last edited by tinkerbell 766; 09-19-2010 at 02:23 PM.
tinkerbell 766 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-20-2010, 07:26 PM   #138
tlynk
DIS Veteran

Oh my goodness! I'm so glad I found this thread! Your story brought tears to my eyes! I only read page one for today, but very anxious to dig in and read the rest!

DLR- too many times to count! (Offsite, DLH, DGC) Walt Disney World (offsite, DTD, Dolphin, CBR, WL (x2), CSR, POR, BC, WL Club Level, SSR, BWV, VBR, POP, BCV) Disney Wonder 01/09 (3N Bahamas), 08/10 (5N Key West), 10/11 (7N Mexican Riviera), 5/12 (7N Alaska), 10/13 (7N Western Caribbean out of Galveston):Proud Owner of OKW 2010
tlynk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 03:23 PM   #139
tinkerbell 766
If I can't fly, let me sing. Or, in other words if I can't be in Disney, let me talk about it !

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlynk View Post
Oh my goodness! I'm so glad I found this thread! Your story brought tears to my eyes! I only read page one for today, but very anxious to dig in and read the rest!
How sweet you are!!
I hope you enjoy reading the rest, and will stick around to the bitter end. One of the nicest things about these boards is all the new friends one makes!!!

Here, as promised is my naughty Ebay purchase!!!
I absolutely love them, and intend to wear them for the 'Get Together' dinner on the night after our arrival in WDW.

I am still slogging on with the latest edition of the newsletter. It seems to be a slow process but I will post it when it is done.

I have been playing around with the labels for the individual elements of the first aid kit for the Welcome bags. Here they are

I have decided to be completely anal about the whole thing and order small white boxes for any item that has original packaging which won't allow for one of my sticky labels to be attached!!! I think I am being too fussy, but I am a bit of a perfectionist about these things and I know my small amount of guests will appreciate my humble efforts!!!

I have ordered one of the gorgeous dress hangers from the Etsy seller several other DisBrides have used. It will say 'Paul and Joanne' and I will post a piccie when it arrives.
I have also ordered a sample of a chocolate swan which I am considering using on the tables at Citricos. I kind of hope that I don't like it when it arrives, as if I do, I will order 3 or 4 of them for the table, and they will be a nightmare to transport in the hand luggage on the plane!! The seller assures me that they are really well packaged (they must be as she sends them through the mail!!!), so if I like the sample, and I consider them to be sufficiently well packaged to survive in my hand-luggage, it may be an option. We shall see.....

Old 09-21-2010, 09:54 PM   #140
2nd Time Bride
Mouseketeer

Love your Choos and your labels - they are both soooo cute!!

1997-Offsite
1999-Offsite
2004-Offsite
2009-Grand Floridian
2010-Bay Lake Tower/Contemporary, Married at Poly!
2015-DVC-Animal Kingdom Villas
2nd Time Bride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 07:14 AM   #141
Disney9.9.10
DIS Veteran

Love the Choo's!! Beautiful! I love your labels too, if I was a guest, I would definitely appreciate the effort that goes into making something like that!

Dec 1988 - First Trip! * 1989 * 1990 * 1992 - Polynesian * 1996 - ASMu - Dance Trip for Disney's Magic Music Days * Dec 2002 - DCL Wonder & ASMo * March 2004 * March 2005 - Pop * August 2007 - ASMu * September 2010 - Grand Floridian - Wedding/Honeymoon Trip! * August 2011 - AKL Kidani Village * December 2012 - CSR

Krysten Michael Evelyn and Scarlett Mommy to an Angel

Disney9.9.10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 11:25 AM   #142
Moxie Doll
Earning My Ears

I love your history-it's very similar to ours. Our actual anniversary is in April but our VR is a year from December. Gorgeous shoes too!
Moxie Doll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2010, 08:53 AM   #143
brer rabbit 28
Dude, you were like, 'Whoa!' and then we were like 'WHOA!' and then you were like 'Whoa.'

My my lady you have been sooo busy!!!

Love love the Choos, really sexy shoes. Bet you feel great in them. Get some party feet in them, might help fight the pain!

So pleased that you like my TTD suggestion. I hope to have some honeymoon pics there with Randy. I love the hammock and beach shots that I have seen of other Disbrides.

I also plan on getting one of the etsy hangers. I love etsy! Would love to see a pic when it arrives Joanne.

I notice you changed your pic to your lovely logo. I love your swan theme, where are you getting the choccy swans from?

Claire and Chris' wedding planning journal
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2509001
brer rabbit 28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2010, 09:30 AM   #144
tinkerbell 766

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2nd Time Bride View Post
Love your Choos and your labels - they are both soooo cute!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney9.9.10 View Post
Love the Choo's!! Beautiful! I love your labels too, if I was a guest, I would definitely appreciate the effort that goes into making something like that!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moxie Doll View Post
I love your history-it's very similar to ours. Our actual anniversary is in April but our VR is a year from December. Gorgeous shoes too!
Quote:
Originally Posted by brer rabbit 28 View Post
My my lady you have been sooo busy!!!

Love love the Choos, really sexy shoes. Bet you feel great in them. Get some party feet in them, might help fight the pain!

So pleased that you like my TTD suggestion. I hope to have some honeymoon pics there with Randy. I love the hammock and beach shots that I have seen of other Disbrides.

I also plan on getting one of the etsy hangers. I love etsy! Would love to see a pic when it arrives Joanne.

I notice you changed your pic to your lovely logo. I love your swan theme, where are you getting the choccy swans from?
2nd time bride - Thank you so much!!

Disney 9.9.10 - Thanks, you know if I'm honest, designing the little labels etc is no effort for me. I really enjoy doing it and I am often to be found playing with things like that when I should be doing sensible things like washing and ironing

Moxie Doll - Would love to hear your story!! Do you have a PJ yet? Enjoy your VR planning. I am having a ball with ours!! Glad you like the Choos!!

Claire sweetie - Thanks, the shoes are just heaven aren't they? I plan on getting all the gel things I can inserted in to them to help me see the whole night through in them!!
When the Etsy hanger arrives, I will post a piccie, I promise.
The sample chocolate swan arrived - it was beautiful and delicious (yup, we ate it!!), but unfortuately the wrong size. It was too small to use as centrepieces, and too big to use as individual favours. It was also hollow and , therefore would require very careful packing to ensure we got 15 of them out to Florida in one piece. The chocolate was, however, divine and so we have decided to purchase truffles (which we intend to use as part of the favours) from the same company. It is a company called 'Special Edition Chocolate'. Here's the link. They are highly recommended!!
http://www.specialeditionchocolate.co.uk/
Yup you have been a great help in planning the TTD session!! We are very excited about it all!! It will be so much fun!!

Last edited by tinkerbell 766; 09-24-2010 at 11:46 AM.
Old 09-24-2010, 10:35 AM   #145
Chilly
I was having a bit of a blonde moment
D'oh!
Married my prince at WDW

Your guests will feel very welcomed!
Chilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2010, 11:40 AM   #146
tinkerbell 766

Aww thanks Claire sweetie - I hope you have a great WDW trip. Speak to you when you get back!!

Old 09-24-2010, 12:48 PM   #147
jtanddolly
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkerbell 766 View Post
I have decided to be completely anal about the whole thing and order small white boxes for any item that has original packaging which won't allow for one of my sticky labels to be attached!!! I think I am being too fussy, but I am a bit of a perfectionist about these things and I know my small amount of guests will appreciate my humble efforts!!!
If the boxes end up being too expensive and you still want to repackage some of the items. You could always put them in clear jewelry bags. They are very similar to ziploc bags...just a different shape. Then you could put your sticky labels on them. I'm not sure where you get them in the UK, but Hobby Lobby sells them in the US. They generally have about 20 in a package and are around $4.00.

My DISigns are not to be used for profit or gain in any way. I post them for others personal use only so they can be used for family and friends to make trips, parties and daily life more special.
jtanddolly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2010, 12:51 PM   #148
tinkerbell 766

Thanks for the idea Dolly. We don't have a Hobby Lobby in the UK but we have something called Hobbycraft. I'll check it out!!

Old 09-27-2010, 01:48 PM   #149
tinkerbell 766

So, I need some honest advice girls!!
I have been increasingly thinking of having my shoes professionally dyed the same colour as DD's MOH dress.
I love the pictures of all the gorgeous brides and their colourful shoes and I really like the way they 'pop' out in the pictures. I think the coloured shoes would be particularly nice during the TTD session at the Poly (you know - the discarded shoes in the forefront and the soft focus couple in the background).
However, my reservations are as follows:-
I am not a young, youthful first time bride and I was aiming for the elegant, sophisticated look. Are we sure that coloured shoes ties in with this?
My colour scheme is quite muted - not the vibrant, beautiful fushias, oranges and deep blues that some of you girls have chosen as your colours, and I am not sure that the 'Spa' colour will 'pop' in the photos like some of the stunning shoes I have seen on these boards.
So, would I be better leaving well alone or do I have the shoes dyed?
Here is a reminder of the shoes and the colour

Old 09-27-2010, 04:28 PM   #150
brer rabbit 28
Dude, you were like, 'Whoa!' and then we were like 'WHOA!' and then you were like 'Whoa.'

Now then, what a quandry you are in! If it was my decision I would definately dye the shoes. But then again my wedding is a bit mental on the colour scheme so you may not want to take my word for it

I don't think you should even worry about the age issue Joanne. I will be a 35 year old bride when I get married and I'm not letting that stop me from having a little colour fun! I think you should go for it. The lovely shade you have chosen will still pop against your outfit. I can picture the Randy shots now with your shoes left in colour whilst everything else is muted. Stunning.

Have we been planning and stalking photos too long??

Claire and Chris' wedding planning journal
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2509001
brer rabbit 28 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: