Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Weddings and Honeymoons
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-19-2010, 07:50 PM   #1
princesswendy720
DIS Veteran

Animal Kingdom Reception Locations

The Disney Meetings site has a location called The Belvedere Palace Ruins with the following image:

Which is also shown on the Animal Kingdom Receptions page of the Disney Weddings site. Anyone know what the official location of this site is? Any other details on it? I've seen some Tamu Tamu Courtyard receptions, but this is a different location. It is located near Yak and Yeti in "Asia".

Speaking of which, do you think it's possible to use Yak and Yeti for a reception after park closing? I know it is not Disney owned.

Thanks!

Upcoming Trips: WDW October 2011, May 2012 and November 2012 ; Disneyland May 2013
PJ Blog Etsy shop
princesswendy720 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 07:57 PM   #2
minniebride
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by princesswendy720 View Post
The Disney Meetings site has a location called The Belvedere Palace Ruins with the following image:

Which is also shown on the Animal Kingdom Receptions page of the Disney Weddings site. Anyone know what the official location of this site is? Any other details on it? I've seen some Tamu Tamu Courtyard receptions, but this is a different location. It is located near Yak and Yeti in "Asia".

Speaking of which, do you think it's possible to use Yak and Yeti for a reception after park closing? I know it is not Disney owned.

Thanks!
WOW-that is gorgeous! I wonder how many people it holds?

I've heard of it-it's in a covered area off the path between Asia and Africa. I think they have character greetings there sometimes during the day.
minniebride is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-19-2010, 08:05 PM   #3
mhl1414
Mouseketeer

I heard it had a $3,000 rental fee and $5,000 food and beverage min. You can also have your ceromony there. Thats the only way I could swing that fee. It is really pretty. I was interested in this option too. I kept searching for more pictures, but never found any. Maybe someone else will have more info.
mhl1414 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 08:12 PM   #4
princesswendy720
DIS Veteran

I did some more digging and found this in a pdf on theme park venues:

Here is the description:
Belvedere
Off the beaten path lies the riverside village of Anandapur or “Place of Delights.” Here you and your Guests will be surrounded by the sights and
sounds of our village inspired by provincial towns in Southeast Asia. Upon entering the Belvedere - the Palace’s Herb Garden Ruins - you will find
a formal dining area for you and your Guests to experience an upscale dinner event. Events may start 2 hours after park close.
Capacity: 100 Guests

I love it...I'm hoping someone has the specifics on it. We aren't looking at getting married until 2012 (possibly as late as November), so it's a little early for me to reach out to DFTW.

Upcoming Trips: WDW October 2011, May 2012 and November 2012 ; Disneyland May 2013
PJ Blog Etsy shop
princesswendy720 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2011, 03:41 PM   #5
meggydoodle
Mouseketeer

Talking Belvedere

Hello ladies and congrats to all of you!

I am currently planning my reception at the Belvedere and actually just visited the site yesterday. I promise you pictures do not do this area justice. It is beautiful. As for the specifics on it, it is located on the Maharaja Jungle Trek in Asia. As you are walking on the path you will pass the tigers, right after the tigers, the open area you come upon is the Belvedere site. It does have a $3000 site fee with lighting package included. This site is a plated meal only so no buffets and there is a $125+ per person for food because it is in the evening. This would count towards your minimum expenditure depending upon what day of the week you are having your wedding. We were told this site is not used in the summer months so if you are having a summer wedding its a no go. It has an 80 person maximum. If you have 30 people or less you can use the long roman tables, if it is more than that you go to 10 person rounds. Music for the site must start off very low because of the animals in the enclosures around. They will slowly turn the music up as the night goes on to give the animals the time to acclimate to the sound. This site is not a short walk for your guests once they leave the ceremony so be sure if you have elderly that you have wheelchairs for them as Disney does not provide them (maybe tell your guests to wear comfortable shoes and not six inch heels). The reception is an evening reception and you can start a minimum two hours after the park closes. It could take longer though because they do not consider the park closed until the last person has left. Keep this in mind when planning your ceremony time. I chose the 7:30 pm ceremony at the pavillion leaving ample time for the park to close and give them time to set up. I also saw someone mentioned this was an enclosed area, it is not. You are surrounded by trees but it is very much outside. If rain is to happen on your wedding day they have two back up locations. The first location being pizzasafari. Which some may find tacky but I loved it. It's Disney. The second location being The Tusker House which still has the rustic feel of the Belvedere but is inside. The Tusker House is also very close to where your guests would be dropped off for the reception so the walk is much easier.

I hope this helped some of you out who had questions on this site. I am very excited and can't wait for the day to arrive. If there are any other questions I am happy to help in any way I can.
meggydoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2011, 05:06 PM   #6
lurkyloo
The Attic was just perfect
OK, apparently I've been living under a rock

Well, pictures may not do it justice, but here are a bunch anyway...

There are actually two spaces you can choose from, one on either side of the walkway with windows.

You can also see a video walkthrough we did over on The Disney Wedding Blog:

http://www.disneyweddingblog.com/201...ace-ruins.html
lurkyloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 02:09 PM   #7
bambi0921
Livin' La Vida Disney

I have a question about this. Does anyone know if you wanted to do your ceremony and your reception both at AK, in the same general area, would Disney charge two site fees? Is it even possible to have a ceremony in AK?
bambi0921 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 11:01 PM   #8
lurkyloo
The Attic was just perfect
OK, apparently I've been living under a rock

Usually if you have two contiguous events in the same park they drop one of the two site fees (like if you had a Living Seas reception followed by a Lower UK dessert party). It is possible to have a ceremony in AK, you just have to know that nothing can start til about 2 hours after park closing. So that's why people usually do their ceremonies elsewhere (during those 2 hours) and just have the reception at AK.
lurkyloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 07:13 PM   #9
honey2741
DIS Veteran

I have several pictures of my tour of Belvedere. Not sure how many to upload, but here are a few more of the space:

It was suggested to perhaps have the DJ and the dancing here.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: