Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-19-2010, 08:19 PM   #16
cantwaittoseemickey
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdzbear View Post
I am so sorry that it rained on your day at Universal. My Tyler is the same way with loud noises. He has done pretty good with covering his own ears. I hope that Harry Potter World was more Ty's speed.

As for the Sienna, we really lucked out. Our local University had a car sale with many car dealers around the city to benefit the athletics department. A guy with three kids had just traded in the Sienna that he leased for two years for a BMW or something similarly expensive. Since the minivan did not fit the car type the dealership was trying to sell, we got a great deal on it and since it was only 2 years old it was still under warranty. The right car will land in your lap when the time is right!
That is great Tyler does well holding his own ears. I think Ty's earphones are one of those "comfort" things he needs. He just feels better if he has them.I saw a guy that had some on too when we were at DHS. I thought that was cool.

It sounds like you did luck out! Sounds like an awsome deal. I think we have scrapped it for now. We just don't want to go back into big payments. But if we find the right one for the right price I will definately consider it. Those are nice vans. So comfy!
Old 07-19-2010, 08:51 PM   #17
cantwaittoseemickey
DIS Veteran

Day 2 cont'd IOA

We headed over to IOA to Harry Potter. Only we kept taking the wrong turns and ended up walking alot more then we needed too. But we finally made it. Sierra was so happy. She was in Harry Potter heaven lol. We stopped to take some pictures.

Tim got in line for some butterbeer and pumpkin juice so me and the kids stood there chatting.

I don't know who got more him or Sierra but I know the drinks went fastSierra really wanted to check out the shops but the lines were so crowded. We just headed for the Castle. We waited in line a good while but it was moving pretty good. I don't think it was too bad at all.

I had to have a picture of her "entering" the castle for her scrap book.

Ty didn't want to ride any of the HP rides so Tim stayed with him while Sierra and I rode Forbidden Journey. I have to say this ride was nothing like I expected. Ok well I had no expectations because I had no idea what is was but it scared the tar out of me! lol She screamed the entire time and we really both loved it.

I took a picture of the one we bought so I could post it.

Then we watched the frogs sing which I thought was really neat. People kept crowding around Ty's wheelchair and shoving their way through so I didn't get a picture. I actually had to get a little snippy with one girl as she was about to fall in his lap from trying to shove her way through. After that we were off to wait in line to get into the "owl" shop so they could buy thier HP wands.

I forgot to post our IOA picture. They let us get this one as our free pic. I didn't think they would let us but I happen to mention it and she said definately. It's one of my favorites!

Then we headed out but not before we had a good laugh with Tim. Sierra thought the hat was funny and put it on Tims head. He was so sweaty and the hair stuck to his head.

Next up-Day 3-SUPRISE!!,Um WHERE ARE WE??? and Chef Mickey's
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-19-2010, 09:05 PM   #18
casper_jj11
DIS Veteran

Ty looks like he was having so much fun. And its wonderful that Sierra was able to experience HP. You said you waited in line for FJ... was that by choice so you could see inside the castle or didn't they let you skip the line? I haven't been able to get a clear view of how US will treat wish kids so I'm really curious.
Princess Sydney's Magical Wish Trip Report http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post38079645
Old 07-20-2010, 07:56 AM   #19
jenb1023
DIS Veteran

Sorry you had a rocky start to IOA/US! I can't believe Ty almost didn't ride Jaws! I am so glad they liked and wore their shirts! Great family photo!

Apr 22-28, 2007 - WL, Jan 26-Feb 2, 2008 - AKL, Nov 15-23, 2008 - Pop,

Oct 30-Nov 3, 2009 Pop - me and DD, May 15-17, 21-23, 2010 - Universal/Poly
Jan 22-30, 2011 - POFQ, May 10-13, 2012 DCL on the Dream Sept 7-11, 2012 DD's surprise bday trip - BC
Old 07-20-2010, 08:10 AM   #20
kdzbear
DIS Veteran

Sounds like Sierra really liked Harry Potter World. I can see by your pictures how crowded it was. I am glad that your family was able to get a small taste of it!

Tyler's Wish Trip (Nov. 20-25, 2009): http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2154359 Sept. 12-20, 2009 Trip report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2292505
Old 07-20-2010, 10:34 AM   #21
scouthawkk
DIS Veteran

I've never been to US/IOA in Florida, but am thinking that we need to plan a trip over there the next time we go to Disney. Everyone's pictures always look so fun! And I love the Thing hat! Perfect!!
Old 07-20-2010, 02:01 PM   #22
J'sMum
Mouseketeer

TR is looking great ty for sharing and cant wait to read more !!

Trip Report for J' http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post38619970
Dance to the petals on the streams running down,
they're there for you singing, just to lose that frown.
Dance from the song you feel beat within your heart,
it beats within you naturally loving from the start.
Old 07-20-2010, 07:16 PM   #23
cantwaittoseemickey
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by casper_jj11 View Post
Ty looks like he was having so much fun. And its wonderful that Sierra was able to experience HP. You said you waited in line for FJ... was that by choice so you could see inside the castle or didn't they let you skip the line? I haven't been able to get a clear view of how US will treat wish kids so I'm really curious.
We waited in line by choice so Sierra could see the Castle and tell us all about the things inside. I can't really comment on how US treats Wish Kids because mine didn't really want to ride any rides. But when he did ride Jaws they took us through the exit right onto the ride. When dh and Sierra rode Twister and Disaster they were able to go through the express pass lines although they were still extremely long. I wish I could help more

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenb1023 View Post
Sorry you had a rocky start to IOA/US! I can't believe Ty almost didn't ride Jaws! I am so glad they liked and wore their shirts! Great family photo!
[B I totally expected it although the headphones was so my fault but I learned after that I definately wasn't about to let him slide by Jaws. I wish I had a pic but he was being so difficult. And since I had my eyes closed the entire ride I didnt snap a pic on the ride They loved their shirts! Someone asked me if GKTW gave them to them but I let them know a special person made them All of the Big Give things came in so handy. And I had all of the outfits ready to go in the baggies and that made it so much easier.[/B]

Quote:
Originally Posted by scouthawkk View Post
I've never been to US/IOA in Florida, but am thinking that we need to plan a trip over there the next time we go to Disney. Everyone's pictures always look so fun! And I love the Thing hat! Perfect!!
We really liked the park but it would have been a little better if someone was cooperating and riding rides lol. They both really enjoyed walking through HP though. It was really neat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by J'sMum View Post
TR is looking great ty for sharing and cant wait to read more !!
Thank you!

One thing I forgot to mention was that remember before we left I spent the day with the DME guy trying to get Ty's wheelchair ready for the trip and it didn't work out? He had sent us with some industrial twist ties to hold the stroller handle on his handles to make it a little taller. Well those didnt work out. So we made a quick run back to walmart before we went to US/IAO so I could get some Mountain Dew and a case of water to freeze for the parks. Dh came up with a good idea to get radiator hose clamps and clamp it on to the handles. Walmart didn't carry them so we headed to Pep Boys and we were all set! It totally made it alot easier and they lasted the entire trip.
Old 07-21-2010, 09:08 AM   #24
jenb1023
DIS Veteran

Glad you figured out how to get the wheelchair fixed up for the trip!

Looking forward to reading about Day 3!

Apr 22-28, 2007 - WL, Jan 26-Feb 2, 2008 - AKL, Nov 15-23, 2008 - Pop,

Oct 30-Nov 3, 2009 Pop - me and DD, May 15-17, 21-23, 2010 - Universal/Poly
Jan 22-30, 2011 - POFQ, May 10-13, 2012 DCL on the Dream Sept 7-11, 2012 DD's surprise bday trip - BC
Old 07-21-2010, 01:32 PM   #25
cantwaittoseemickey
DIS Veteran

I'm hoping to get Day 3 up tonight. I had it all done and wiped it out I'm getting ready to take Ty to physical therapy and then get some much needed groceries
Old 07-22-2010, 02:25 AM   #26
yinyanggirls
DIS Veteran

Loving the trip report so far! I can't believe Ty almost skipped out on Jaws! And I love your villa location. Perfect!!!
Old 07-22-2010, 02:48 PM   #27
cantwaittoseemickey
DIS Veteran

Day 3 The Surprise! Epcot and Chef Mickeys

Day 3 Monday

We get the kids up and tell them when they are ready to go we will tell them what the surprise is. I have managed to keep it from them this long Once they get all ready to go and we are almost out the door I tell them we are going to Ridemakerz to build cars. They were really excited to get there but little did we all know what a journey it would be to get there

We get out of GKTW and things are looking great. Then I see a sign that says Downtown Disney<---- that way So I ditch the directions and we didnt bother with the GPS since I SAW THE SIGN to Downtown Disney. Yes hubby and the kids did too so it was there Only we missed a turn and hadnt realised it. We ended up on 418 (another toll road) and heading toward Ocalla. I finally get a hold of Downtown Disney and they have no idea where were were. They wouldnt connect me to Ridemakerz b/c they didn't understand we had an appt BEFORE they opened. We got disonnected and I called back finally got somone else who connected me through. Only Ridemakerz had no idea either Somehow we finally got off the toll road and onto another road and the lady from Ridemakerz was able to get us in from there. Boy was I in the dog house

We made it at least a half hour or so late but they were awsome about it. Made us feel so welcome and like we were one of the "family". They were really great.

We had a race to see who could get the cars together first. Boys against the girls. I thought that wasn't right b/c the boys have experience

Ty's green car broke so he built another COOL car. This time he picked out a neat red Mustang.

It was a really great experience and we had alot of fun. We shipped the cars home and they arrived a few days after us. We are so thankful for what they did for Ty and our family. He LOVES his car. And everytime we are out Sierra looks for cars like hers. Definately something we will remember for a very long time.

Next up Day 3-EPCOT Did I ride test track????

Old 07-22-2010, 03:27 PM   #28
maroo
DIS Veteran

How did I miss this starting?!?!?!?!

I am caught up and I did post on the wish trippers thread!

I love, love, love your TR! Lots of detail! Love it!

So sorry you got lost - but sounds like you guys have had a great time. I keep hearing that it is hard to get in Harry Potter shops....you would think they would make THOSE nice and big so EVERYONE could shop!?! How funny!

I think Forbidden Journey would scare me to pieces!

Love the report so far!
Old 07-22-2010, 05:09 PM   #29
yinyanggirls
DIS Veteran

I hate running late, because the stress level goes up like 40 notches! I'm glad they were okay with it and you still had plenty of time to build them and play.
Old 07-23-2010, 05:32 PM   #30
cantwaittoseemickey
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by yinyanggirls View Post
Loving the trip report so far! I can't believe Ty almost skipped out on Jaws! And I love your villa location. Perfect!!!
I was thinking you all were around the same area? I remember someone's picture of the nemo Shark and fish. Ty loved that pier. He spent alot of time on it we were so glad it and the pool were nice and close. I was hoping to see the playground but it was just too hot to walk that far.

Quote:
Originally Posted by maroo View Post
How did I miss this starting?!?!?!?!

I am caught up and I did post on the wish trippers thread!

I love, love, love your TR! Lots of detail! Love it!

So sorry you got lost - but sounds like you guys have had a great time. I keep hearing that it is hard to get in Harry Potter shops....you would think they would make THOSE nice and big so EVERYONE could shop!?! How funny!

I think Forbidden Journey would scare me to pieces!

Love the report so far!
Thank you Maroo Those Harry Potter shops are next to impossible. The one we did get into it was very hard to manuver Ty's wheelchair in. One way in and one way out But I liked how they were handling this shop. A line to get in and he only let so many in at a time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yinyanggirls View Post
I hate running late, because the stress level goes up like 40 notches! I'm glad they were okay with it and you still had plenty of time to build them and play.
Yes it sure does I kind of left out a few details of the stress level. I'm just glad it passed and we were able to let it go and have a great time

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: