Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Coping and Compassion
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-22-2010, 03:09 AM   #16
quasar4legs
DIS Veteran

Thank you for the new update and I was pleased to see that Corey was well enough to be airlifted back to the States.
I mentioned Corey to my mum and she has added his name to their prayer list at her church so he has lots of aussies praying for him and his family.

Hope things improve for your husband. Don't forget to take care of you

Hugs
Quasar
Old 07-22-2010, 07:53 PM   #17
DisneyFairytale
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Mickeyfan View Post
This week has been a rough one for me. My DH had surgery on his neck/spine. He seems to be doing well & with any luck may be home tomorrow.

However a friend of my DD's was shipped off to Afghanistan. He has only been there 3 weeks & has already been wounded. He was hit by an IED while on patrol. He is only 21 years old and has lost both legs (one from the torso down & other from just above the knee). He has also lost all his fingers on his left hand. During surgery, they found wounds in his stomach area too. He was set to be flown back to the States to the Walter Reed Hospital yesterday but took a turn for the worse. He is currently being treated in Germany. His family left today to join him there. Please say a prayer for him. His name is Corey Kent.
Oh my goodness. That is so devastating! My prayers will be with you and them, and him and his family. God bless.
DisneyFairytale is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-23-2010, 04:54 PM   #18
A Mickeyfan
DIS Veteran

Update

My DH seems to be a little better. He now gets up & goes walks with the walker from the bedroom, to the living room & around the sofa & love seat. He walks around the sofa & love seat 5 times, then heads back to the bed. He is trying to do this every few hours.

Corey seems to be doing better as well. They did not take him off the ventilator yesterday. He had more surgery today & when he awoke from it, he nodded his head yes & no. I think that is great news, to me that shows his brain is functioning. He is fighting the ventilator, but the doc's are keeping him on for a little longer. Again, I think the fact he is fighting it shows he is really trying to breath totally on his own... another really awesome thing. His family said he is now resting from everything that has been done today & will update us again later..

The prayers are working...I cannot thank you all enough. Please keep them heading this way...
Old 07-23-2010, 06:32 PM   #19
quasar4legs
DIS Veteran

So pleased to hear that your hubby is doing a little better and I hope he is in less pain.

Corey must have incredible inner strength and I agree that nodding for yes and no is wonderful news. We shall continue to keep you all in our thoughts and prayers "down under".

Quasar
Old 07-23-2010, 07:43 PM   #20
mommasita
I am like HELLO IT IS TEN OCLOCK...Anderson is on

Has a sweetie who is Furbilicious

DISboards Moderator

Glad to hear the news all around. Slow but sure for your DH, and every day is a little easier, I so hope.

I have Corey now on FB. Thanks for updating us, and keeping us in the loop. What a strong family. God Bless each one of them

Last edited by mommasita; 07-24-2010 at 10:31 PM. Reason: typo :)
mommasita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010, 09:09 PM   #21
A Mickeyfan
DIS Veteran

My DH walked out of the house today & down to the corner, which is like 3 houses down from us. He used his walker & it took about 15 minutes, slow & steady

Corey is still on the ventilator, not completely ready to be taken off. He has more surgery to undergo on Monday. He is not giving up & a true fighter!

MSNBC had a segment on about Corey's Platoon. It gives a detail description of what our men are going through out there. Corey is even listed in it. It brought tears to my eyes what they are having to deal with there. Please read it.... several in Corey's unit have been hurt like him. Please pray for all of them.... they all need the prayers.

http://photoblog.msnbc.msn.com/_news...power-to-fight

Old 07-24-2010, 10:33 PM   #22
mommasita
I am like HELLO IT IS TEN OCLOCK...Anderson is on

Has a sweetie who is Furbilicious

DISboards Moderator

For your DH . That is great news!

It makes me so sad reading all of that. The tragedies involved. I pray for the soldiers, their families, and their loved ones all the time. It is just awful IMHO
Old 07-26-2010, 03:17 PM   #23
A Mickeyfan
DIS Veteran

keep praying for Corey.. he is in surgery again today. So far he has not been taken off the ventilator. He was in a lot of pain yesterday & was running a temp.. which could mean infection...

Old 07-28-2010, 12:21 AM   #24
quasar4legs
DIS Veteran

Hope things go well with Corey's operation today.

thanks for the news and I hope your husband has had a good day.

Hugs
Quasar
Old 07-29-2010, 09:02 PM   #25
A Mickeyfan
DIS Veteran

Corey had one tube taken out of him yesterday, & they were going to try to do a swollen test to place him on solid foods for today. They did not do it, he was in a lot of pain & they are doing a CT on him to see if there is something else going on in his stomach. This poor boy, it is one thing after another.. please keep praying for him & his family.. as well as all the other service members at Walter Reed Hosp...
Old 07-30-2010, 12:21 AM   #26
CR ESQ.
Earning My Ears

The prayers my wife and myself in my church are with you all.

May God bless you,
Harold
CR ESQ. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 11:55 PM   #27
Deesknee
When we were kids (long time ago) they did this with cows.

Prayers.

Vow renewal trip report http://disboards.com/showthread.php?...0#post46760210

Triplets + singleton = living happily ever after in Mass
Deesknee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 06:01 PM   #28
A Mickeyfan
DIS Veteran

Update.......

My husband is doing better, he goes back to the doc tomorrow to find out if he will have to have that second surgery on his neck...he still is having problems moving around. He has good & bad days.

now on to Corey..
Corey is out of ICU, he has had over 20 surgeries. He is a real trooper at only 22 years old. President O'Bama went to visit him yesterday! He actually pinned Corey's Purple Heart on him.. Here is the link to Corey's facebook with the pictures...hope it works...
http://www.facebook.com/#!/photo.php...00001353645864

Here is the link to the story in my local paper...
http://www.news-press.com/apps/pbcs....ID=20108310349

I want to thank everyone for their prayers.. and to ask that they keep coming.. they are working..
Old 10-01-2010, 09:29 PM   #29
A Mickeyfan
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Mickeyfan View Post
This week has been a rough one for me. My DH had surgery on his neck/spine. He seems to be doing well & with any luck may be home tomorrow.

However a friend of my DD's was shipped off to Afghanistan. He has only been there 3 weeks & has already been wounded. He was hit by an IED while on patrol. He is only 21 years old and has lost both legs (one from the torso down & other from just above the knee). He has also lost all his fingers on his left hand. During surgery, they found wounds in his stomach area too. He was set to be flown back to the States to the Walter Reed Hospital yesterday but took a turn for the worse. He is currently being treated in Germany. His family left today to join him there. Please say a prayer for him. His name is Corey Kent.
I am quoting my original post to share some updated news..

First...my DH is still not back to work. He found out he would not have to have the second neck surgery His neuro surgeon is not "releasing" him from his care, but is allowing him to now see the ortho for the rotator cuff surgery. He will have that surgery on Oct 28th.. so we are looking at possibly being out of work until Jan 2011.. but things are looking better for him. He still has pain from the neck surgery but can walk & even drive short distances..

Second.. PFC Corey Kent.. he is doing fantastic considering all that he has gone thru.. He has had many many surgeries over the last few months. He is out of ICU.. and today, he may even possibly be moved to a therapy center so he can start on some PT... he has had a slew of famous visitors.. O'Bama, Miss USA, the Mets, Tucker Maxx, the Phillies, the Packers, and some others that I cannot remember..
Over all, I think he is doing great.. he still has a long road to recovery, but the light is at the end of the tunnel now.. and with continued prayers and good medical care, he seems to be beating the odds that were against him..
Old 10-03-2010, 08:12 AM   #30
Mackey Mouse
Me read the Navigator? I don't think so

tsk, tsk said in my best Bahsten accent

Tommy made Flubber

DISboards Moderator

Overall, good news.. thanks for sharing it with us.

Co-Moderator Restaurant Boards
Moderator, Coping and Compassion Board

"Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds." -Albert Einstein
Mackey Mouse is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: