Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-26-2010, 10:22 PM   #1
leopardspot
Mouseketeer
 
leopardspot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 467

What do the snorkel vests look like on CC?

I want to buy my own and want them to be "CC Approved" so we can wear them there...

Thanks!
leopardspot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 10:30 PM   #2
KS929
DCL Fanatic
 
KS929's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Reseda, CA
Posts: 938

ahaha… it doesn't matter as long as you have it… I guess. but maybe the'll still charge you for the excursion
__________________
Disney Dream - 4-Night Bahamian - August 21, 2011| Disney Wonder - 4-Night Bahamian - August 31, 2008




KS929 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 07-26-2010, 11:09 PM   #3
truck1
Growing older but not up.
 
truck1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Clermont Fl
Posts: 4,247

Try this Pic.
Disney doesnt care, as long as your wearing one.As far as the other ops, I dont think they do either, but they may not change the price. I went thru that once already with DCL about scuba diving with Stuart Coves.
truck1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 07:54 AM   #4
Tonka's Skipper
DIS Veteran
 
Tonka's Skipper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Connecticut in the Good Ole USA
Posts: 4,718

USCG approved

I am sure if its USCG approved, it will be Disney approved..AKK
Tonka's Skipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 08:08 AM   #5
hortontrio
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 348

Plus sized??

My dh and I are both plus sized, do they have different sized life jackets? its very embarassing when you go to try something on and it doesnt fit, so just a heads up would be great thanks!!
hortontrio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 09:12 AM   #6
Friscorays
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 381

hortontrio,

Assuming you are still taking about snorkel vests, they have adjustable straps and are thus pretty much one size fits all (within reason).
Friscorays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 09:53 AM   #7
ldalvarado
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 388

I thought you HAD to use the yellow ones on CC? That way the lifeguards can see you.

As for size, they slip over your head (are very lightweight) and have an adjustable strap that expands to a fairly large size. DCL might be able to tell you the full girth of an expanded one if you call them.
__________________
Lisa, Kyra (15), and Alanna (12)



ldalvarado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 10:35 AM   #8
Rainwater
It comes down to the Constitution and the Bill of Rights in the end.
 
Rainwater's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 330

Quote:
Originally Posted by leopardspot View Post
I want to buy my own and want them to be "CC Approved" so we can wear them there...

Thanks!
As long as it has "Coast Guard Approved" on the vest, you will be okay.
Rainwater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 12:33 PM   #9
ganandem
Mouseketeer
 
ganandem's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Auburn, NY
Posts: 317

[img]p1260261[/img]

Sorry cant figure out how to post my pic
ganandem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 01:06 PM   #10
truck1
Growing older but not up.
 
truck1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Clermont Fl
Posts: 4,247

Quote:
Originally Posted by ldalvarado View Post
I thought you HAD to use the yellow ones on CC? That way the lifeguards can see you.

As for size, they slip over your head (are very lightweight) and have an adjustable strap that expands to a fairly large size. DCL might be able to tell you the full girth of an expanded one if you call them.
You have to wear 1 at CC yes .If you buy 1 somewhere else to bring with you,its already approved.The only thing CC wont allow, are scuba BCDs.We bring our own vests all the time.
The ones that are made,and available outside CC,are the exact same ones that are on CC.The only difference is the logo.They only come in 2 colors, and they are all brightly visible.
1 is yellow,the other yellow and blue.

There are at least 3 different sizes.Kids/small,adult and xl.

All, have extendable straps to fit you better.
truck1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 01:11 PM   #11
truck1
Growing older but not up.
 
truck1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Clermont Fl
Posts: 4,247

Quote:
Originally Posted by ganandem View Post
[img]p1260261[/img]

Sorry cant figure out how to post my pic
If the pic you are truing to post, is on your computer, it wont work like the way you are trying to do.
What you need to do, is go to a free pic hosting site, such as Photobucket, or Flickr, and upload your photo there.From there, select the picture you want, then copy the link that says img code. Then paste it to this site, and your good to go.
truck1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 03:20 PM   #12
SharonLowe
DIS Veteran
 
SharonLowe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 1,750

Quote:
Originally Posted by truck1 View Post
You have to wear 1 at CC yes .If you buy 1 somewhere else to bring with you,its already approved.The only thing CC wont allow, are scuba BCDs.We bring our own vests all the time.
The ones that are made,and available outside CC,are the exact same ones that are on CC.The only difference is the logo.They only come in 2 colors, and they are all brightly visible.
1 is yellow,the other yellow and blue.

There are at least 3 different sizes.Kids/small,adult and xl.

All, have extendable straps to fit you better.
Not all vests are the same. We snorkel a lot so we bought ours at Leisure Pro. You'll have to go to the site and search for snorkel vests to see what I am talking about since we can't post urls. Ours are a true vest, not something with straps between the legs. They are way more comfortable than the ones with straps through the legs but are only worth the money if you snorkel often. The same site has the ones with the straps between the legs.
__________________
Sharon

Last edited by SharonLowe; 07-27-2010 at 03:25 PM.
SharonLowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 04:52 PM   #13
truck1
Growing older but not up.
 
truck1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Clermont Fl
Posts: 4,247

Quote:
Originally Posted by SharonLowe View Post
Not all vests are the same. We snorkel a lot so we bought ours at Leisure Pro. You'll have to go to the site and search for snorkel vests to see what I am talking about since we can't post urls. Ours are a true vest, not something with straps between the legs. They are way more comfortable than the ones with straps through the legs but are only worth the money if you snorkel often. The same site has the ones with the straps between the legs.
The 85.00 vest? I think that is something new.(At least to me.)Theres 2 (apparently 3 Hadnt seen that type before)versions of the snorkel vest.This looks more of a thin rash guard with a zipper,and the vest built in.At least that what it looks like in the pic.They all operate on the same principle that if something should happen,the vest with a little bit of air, will put you in a face up,leaning back position.This is to keep someone from inhaling water if for somereason they pass out or fall asleep.
You are right though that if you snorkel a lot it prob is a worthwhile investment.For the average person, that may only snorkel on vacation, 1 or 2 times a year,probably not.
truck1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 06:11 PM   #14
SharonLowe
DIS Veteran
 
SharonLowe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 1,750

Quote:
Originally Posted by truck1 View Post
The 85.00 vest? I think that is something new.(At least to me.)Theres 2 (apparently 3 Hadnt seen that type before)versions of the snorkel vest.This looks more of a thin rash guard with a zipper,and the vest built in.At least that what it looks like in the pic.They all operate on the same principle that if something should happen,the vest with a little bit of air, will put you in a face up,leaning back position.This is to keep someone from inhaling water if for somereason they pass out or fall asleep.
You are right though that if you snorkel a lot it prob is a worthwhile investment.For the average person, that may only snorkel on vacation, 1 or 2 times a year,probably not.
yes, that is the one. We've had ours 4 years now and probably paid $60 each. We do snorkel a lot, generally 1-2 trips a year for a week each, so we get our money's worth. It is neoprene on the back and an inflatable vest on the other side. Very comfortable and adds warmth if the water is a bit cool.
__________________
Sharon
SharonLowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:39 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.