Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Gay and Lesbian at Disney
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-27-2011, 12:28 PM   #136
JoeyAnyc
Mouseketeer

Trip update: changed from Dec to Sept 6 - 9 @ The Beach Club.
Hoping the day after Labor Day is going to be slow and have great weather. Last Dec was horrible. It will be odd to experience Disney without the Christmas decorations.

Thanks for posting and updating the calendar.

Dec 4 - 8, 2014 YC
[GF: Dec '04/Dec '06/Dec '07/Dec '08/Dec '09/Dec '10: YC: Dec '11/Dec '12/Dec '13]

JoeyAnyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 04:11 PM   #137
Gypsybear
It's all about the Villains

I also need to update my dates...

Sept. 24th - Oct. 1st - CSR

Thanks for the list...
Gypsybear is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-01-2011, 07:18 PM   #138
hematite153
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

Booked today for Sept 25-Oct 4. We'll likely add a day or two on one end or the other, but, we can't book airfare until the baby has a birthdate...seems ridiculous to me, but, what can we do.

We'll be staying at OKW...in a 2bdrm with only 3 adults and an infant...should be a luxurious amount of space. We were going to get a 1bdrm since the full kitchen will be useful since I can't eat at most QS places. Then, we figured we would invite my MIL since she could sleep in the living room. Her response was that she DEFINITELY wanted to come, but, that she'd pay for the upgrade to have her own bedroom. So, 2bdrm, here we come!
Old 03-02-2011, 01:31 AM   #139
DisneyDee27
Disney fanatic since '75

We'll be there May 9-15

I am excited to be there for the scavenger hunt and Flower & Garden festival.

May 9-15 ASMo
Team: The CamField Crew on the scavenger hunt

DL 1975, WDW 1998, Tokyo DL/DS 2006, 2007 & 2013, Paris DL 2009, DCL Dream B2B 2011, 2013 & 2014, DCL Fantasy 2012 & 2014, HKDL 2013, DCL Magic 2014
DisneyDee27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 06:48 AM   #140
Schotz
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyDee27 View Post
I am excited to be there for the scavenger hunt and Flower & Garden festival.

May 9-15 ASMo
Team: The CamField Crew on the scavenger hunt
I would love to one day see the flower and garden festival, I heard it makes epcot look amazing.
Schotz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 11:25 AM   #141
Malo
Earning My Ears

Going first 8 days of September!
Second visit: 1997
Third Visit: 2012

Me:24 DBestFriend:20
Malo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 12:59 PM   #142
jeanigor

Top of the "list" (now, which list is it?)
Don't pee on the parquet

I've registered for the Disneyland Half Marathon, so I'll be out there 9/1-9/6, not sure where quite yet.

Also registered for the WDW Wine and Dine Half Marathon, so I'll be going back 9/29-10/6.

Then sailing on the Dream from 10/6-10/9.
Old 03-03-2011, 07:46 AM   #143
wehttamrd
Toriphile

I'm going on march 21st - 25th. Staying at the Swan because my partner is attending a business conference there. As a result of this, there will be a couple days where I will be by myself and even a few evening where I will have to be dining alone. I'd really appreciate if someone who is going on these dates would be kind enough to meet me on one or two of these occasions so I don't have to be by myself or eat dinner at a restaurant alone like a loser. lol
Old 03-04-2011, 06:07 PM   #144
hematite153

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeanigor View Post
Also registered for the WDW Wine and Dine Half Marathon, so I'll be going back 9/29-10/6.
Oooo...I was looking at that. The main question seems to be whether I can go from bedrest to a half marathon in 6 months while taking care of a little one.

The longest race I've ever done was a half and I did train for it in about 4 months, but, I was already running 10K relatively comfortably at that point whereas now a flight of stairs can do me in. The pace requirement is fairly slow though, so, I could just plan something like run 5 min, walk 5 min which should be sustainable even if I'm not up to the distance yet.

Any advice on how to decide?
Old 03-05-2011, 02:56 AM   #145
DisneyDee27
Disney fanatic since '75

Hi
This is my second trip to the F & G, I do love the topiaries. My favorite time is during the F & W. We're hoping to book a bounce back for the F & G while we're on the May trip I'm sure you'll get there one day. I'll post pics once we get back.
take care,
Dee

DL 1975, WDW 1998, Tokyo DL/DS 2006, 2007 & 2013, Paris DL 2009, DCL Dream B2B 2011, 2013 & 2014, DCL Fantasy 2012 & 2014, HKDL 2013, DCL Magic 2014
DisneyDee27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 07:44 AM   #146
geaux_half
Recovering 5 Moon Half Fanatic #137

Quote:
Originally Posted by hematite153 View Post
Oooo...I was looking at that. The main question seems to be whether I can go from bedrest to a half marathon in 6 months while taking care of a little one.

The longest race I've ever done was a half and I did train for it in about 4 months, but, I was already running 10K relatively comfortably at that point whereas now a flight of stairs can do me in. The pace requirement is fairly slow though, so, I could just plan something like run 5 min, walk 5 min which should be sustainable even if I'm not up to the distance yet.

Any advice on how to decide?
Many people walk the entire event so if you plan on running any of it you should not have a problem with the 16 min per mile pace requirement. The official 16 min sweep pace begins after the last person crosses the start line so you have an even slower pace requirement if you aren't the last person to start.

geaux_half is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 10:32 AM   #147
hematite153

Quote:
Originally Posted by geaux_half View Post
Many people walk the entire event so if you plan on running any of it you should not have a problem with the 16 min per mile pace requirement. The official 16 min sweep pace begins after the last person crosses the start line so you have an even slower pace requirement if you aren't the last person to start.
See, that's what I was thinking. Plus, I figure having a goal might be good for me in helping me make a point of carving out time for myself in the next few months.

A friend suggested that I'd really need a treadmill at home, but, I've never been able to run on a treadmill. I can run on ellipticals, and do at the gym, but, they are fairly expensive to have at home.

I know that some people would run with a stroller, but, it's not really good for the baby's brainstem in the first 6 months. But, if I could get at least one run/week outdoors and find a way to run on an elliptical, I think that I ought to be able to get up to the pace requirement and distance endurance. Right?

I should also add that I MUCH prefer running at night to running the the morning, so that aspect of this race is extra enticing for me.
Old 03-06-2011, 03:54 PM   #148
hematite153

Another question for those doing the Wine and Dine Half Marathon:

The main page suggests that there is a discount available for park tickets that are only usable Sept. 23 to Oct. 8th. The limited dates make me think that it might actually be a true discount.

Do you know what they are offering? (If it's worthwhile it might help me make my case for running.)
Old 03-22-2011, 12:45 PM   #149
theboys
Earning My Ears

Hi there!

We'll be on the DCL Dream on 9/4-9/8/11. Hope to find others that are doing the same dates!
theboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 01:00 PM   #150
theboys
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by tig82174 View Post
We have two Disney trips planned this year:

1.) We're going to DisneyLAND (staying in Villas at Grand Californian) 4/22-4/27...then boarding the Disney Wonder in LA and doing the repo up to Vancouver and the first Alaskan cruise (so cruising 4/27-5/10).

2.) In the fall we're going to DisneyWORLD 9/1-9/3, then Cruising on the Dream 9/4-9/8, then back at WDW 9/8-9/11. Right now all our WDW stays are booked at Animal Kingdom Lodge Villas (one of our home resorts), but once our 7 month window opens up we will probably try to switch either or both of our "bookend WDW stays"----hoping to get into Bay Lake Tower and/or Wilderness Lodge (because we've never stayed in either before).
Hi guys! We'll be on the Dream at the same time! Would love to meet up and be seated for dinner with another couple (although I'm not sure how to do that??). Look forward to meeting you both!
theboys is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: