Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-16-2010, 11:26 AM   #1
abooch
Mouseketeer

24 hour Supermarket around Disney?

Which stores if any are open 24 hours near/around the World
abooch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 11:29 AM   #2
ChristaDeVil
DIS Veteran

There's a 24-hr. Wal-Mart in Kissimmee.
Register to remove

Old 07-16-2010, 11:37 AM   #3
FigmentChick
DIS Veteran

There are two Wal-Marts and I believe both are 24 hours. One is on Route 27, just north of route 192 (West of Disney propety). The other one is just south of the Disney property off of 535. Hope this helps!

Both of the Wal-Marts are supercenters that are a full grocery store with a "regular" Wal-Mart combined together.

Mar 2006 & Oct 2007 - off-site
Oct 2009 & Oct 2011 - POR, Oct 2013 - OKW
FigmentChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 11:54 AM   #4
thewall2k
Mouseketeer

If you are really in a pinch there is a Goodings at the end of Hotel Plaza Blvd in Crossroads. It is a little closer than than the Walmart we have gone to. If you can though avoid going here the prices are high.
1986 Off Site, 1989 Off Site, 1991 Off Site, 1993 Off Site, 1994 Off Site, 1995 Off Site, 1996 CBR, 1997 Dixie Landings, 1997 Dixie Landings, 1998 CBR, 2004 Pop Century, 2007 Port Orleans(ESPN the Weekend), 2007 AKL(My birthday and our Engagement), 2008 AKL(Honeymoon), Food and Wine October 2009 POFQ/POP, Henry's First Trip January 2011

Offsite March 2012, Henry's Second Birthday

Henry Dropping Back by Thewall2k, on Flickr
thewall2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 12:49 PM   #5
2Tiggies
I am subscribing to this thread just so I can see your shirt
I like those water proof containers that hang around my neck on a lanyard

There is also a Publix over the way from Premium Outlets. I doubt it is 24 hours though.
2Tiggies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 12:55 PM   #6
DebbieB
DVC Member BWV 99
You have to compare apples to apples

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Tiggies View Post
There is also a Publix over the way from Premium Outlets. I doubt it is 24 hours though.
It closes at 10:00. Last year we got there just as it was closing, I thought it was 24 hours.
Old 07-16-2010, 01:35 PM   #7
punkin712
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by thewall2k View Post
If you are really in a pinch there is a Goodings at the end of Hotel Plaza Blvd in Crossroads. It is a little closer than than the Walmart we have gone to. If you can though avoid going here the prices are high.
Goodings seems to have gone way downhill. The last time we were there (Nov 2009), it looked like they were under some type of refurbishment. When I asked the checkout girl when the construction would be finished, she looked at me like I was crazy. I would avoid it at all costs unless you really really need something. Publix near the Premium Outlets is fantastic!

First Visit - 1972
WDW College Program - 1991
Fairy Tale Wedding - 1997
DVC Member - 1999
punkin712 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 04:02 PM   #8
KCMiller
Has decided she does not need anonymous approval, even if it does come from a fairy...

Quote:
Originally Posted by punkin712 View Post
Goodings seems to have gone way downhill. The last time we were there (Nov 2009), it looked like they were under some type of refurbishment. When I asked the checkout girl when the construction would be finished, she looked at me like I was crazy. I would avoid it at all costs unless you really really need something. Publix near the Premium Outlets is fantastic!
OK, I'm glad I'm not the only one who thought that - it was oddly understocked and dimly lit when I was there in June. I can't imagine how they stay in business. Of course, I can't imagine why WalMart hasn't opened a Superstore even closer to WDW.

KC

My DD was a Maid at Haunted Mansion , and then she was a Merchantainer at AK ! Hooray for the College Program!

My DS was a lifeguard at Blizzard Beach, and then a lifeguard at Caribbean Beach! Hooray for the College Program!
KCMiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 04:08 PM   #9
PIRATEGIRL007
DIS Cast Member
OMG! I am about to jump up and down!
real technical words, aren't they!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCMiller View Post
OK, I'm glad I'm not the only one who thought that - it was oddly understocked and dimly lit when I was there in June. I can't imagine how they stay in business. Of course, I can't imagine why WalMart hasn't opened a Superstore even closer to WDW.

KC

We had never been in there but in Feb stopped at Flippers on our way in and asked for waiter for a grocery store closeby b/c goodings looked closed. He said it was open but an expensive tourist trap and pointed us to the Winn Dixie down the street (bout 3 blocks). We thanked him and checked out the Goodings anway to see 'how high' it was, we only wanted some coke and diet coke to last for our short 5 day trip. Yeah $5 for a 6 pack bottles of coke and $4 for a regular box of poptarts is waaaay to high! We thought the place was dirty and dingy and looked like it was in the process of going out of business b/c of unstocked shelves too. I couldn't recommend that place to anyone you would be better off at a gas station with those prices.
PIRATEGIRL007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 04:10 PM   #10
JDUCKY
Local Yocal

Quote:
Originally Posted by FigmentChick View Post
There are two Wal-Marts and I believe both are 24 hours. One is on Route 27, just north of route 192 (West of Disney propety). The other one is just south of the Disney property off of 535. Hope this helps!

Both of the Wal-Marts are supercenters that are a full grocery store with a "regular" Wal-Mart combined together.
Oh, thanks for the info on the one on 27. Never paid much attention to that particular area. The Target near the 429 and 192 was open until midnight (up until last weekend...now it's back to 11pm). The closest WalMart to me is up near Ocoee but this could be handy on the way home after late-night visits to the park

Disneyworld? Not so much anymore. FP- has ruined the experience for locals
Disneyland Paris - First trip (part of Honeymoon) - March 2012
Disneyland - 1st wedding anniversary - Dec 2012; Road Trip July 2013; Nov 2014!
JDUCKY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 04:28 PM   #11
Luvchefmic
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDUCKY View Post
Oh, thanks for the info on the one on 27. Never paid much attention to that particular area. The Target near the 429 and 192 was open until midnight (up until last weekend...now it's back to 11pm). The closest WalMart to me is up near Ocoee but this could be handy on the way home after late-night visits to the park
FYI The one on 535 is only about 2 miles from the crossroads area. Car gas is usually cheaper right in front of the Wal-Mart there. For some reason this particular WalMart has the best quality & best values for the money. I have a supercenter not too far from me (Lakeland & Auburndale) but I always combine a trip to the parks with a monthly shopping trip to the one on 535. I would have thought the prices would be higher there due to the tourist area but was absolutely thrilled to find out its not at all.

A Story of Hope & The Power of Dis<--- THE cake see post # 2000

Luvchefmic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 05:38 PM   #12
doconeill

Fastpass Jedi Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by thewall2k View Post
Quote:
Well, it's gone REALLY downhill now. It's gone.

If you are over that way, there is a Winn Dixie further up 535, but I don't think it is 24hr.
4th Annual New England DISMeet for GiveKidsTheWorld - Oct 3-5, 2014 - Plymouth, MA

doconeill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 05:44 PM   #13
megan926
DIS Veteran

When I worked @ Disney in 1997....Goodings was awesome.

This past June we went and WOW! Downhill is an understatement!!! And so is overpriced....insane!!!!

Definitely avoid it if you can!
Disney trips: Too many to count
Last trip: June 2011 @ POFQ
Next trip: Girls only @ GF

megan926 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 05:47 PM   #14
punkin712
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by doconeill View Post
Well, it's gone REALLY downhill now. It's gone.

If you are over that way, there is a Winn Dixie further up 535, but I don't think it is 24hr.
Goodings is GONE?! Well, I have to say that it definitely looked like they were just riding out their lease. Any idea what might move into that space? I think a SuperTarget or WalMart would do very well there.

First Visit - 1972
WDW College Program - 1991
Fairy Tale Wedding - 1997
DVC Member - 1999
punkin712 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 05:55 PM   #15
doconeill

Fastpass Jedi Master

Quote:
Goodings is GONE?! Well, I have to say that it definitely looked like they were just riding out their lease. Any idea what might move into that space? I think a SuperTarget or WalMart would do very well there.
Hmmm...I'm trying to find confirmation now, but I can only find reports back from April that they were facing eviction over back rent. The site is still active and still list the location, but the web site is circa 1995. And megan926 mentioned that they were still open in June...I forget when I heard it closed.
4th Annual New England DISMeet for GiveKidsTheWorld - Oct 3-5, 2014 - Plymouth, MA

doconeill is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: