Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 07-20-2010, 08:58 AM   #106
kimmar067
We have squash and zucchini coming outta the wazoo
I just shot coffee through my NOSE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by *NikkiBell* View Post
Hi All!

Just thought I'd check in as I stayed at the Lodge last week. It was as beautiful as ever! Great view in Room 5510, too! Lots of giraffes out! ....
.... we don't believe you.....PROVE it...... [ ]
July 1992~off-site Dec 1999~CSR Feb 2001~DxL Nov 2001~Dolphin July 2002~CBR Aug 2002~WL Feb 2005~AKL/concierge Feb 2005~AKL Aug 2006~PoP C Aug 2006~AKL Dec 2007~DolphinJuly/Aug 2010~Mystic Dunes April 2013 ~ AKL"That's IT! The absolutely, positively VERY LAST Marino....." "We WEREN'T the 'Castle Family', We Didn't..." "The Trippie Who Hath..."
Old 07-20-2010, 10:00 AM   #107
jessrose18
ADVENTURE IS OUT THERE!!

joining in..staying for the first time in December
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-20-2010, 10:48 AM   #108
johnsonet
DIS Veteran

Hi everyone

Bon Voyage to all of you leaving soon for the magnificent AKL

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodferry View Post
For the question about the bars, someone I am sure will correct me if I am wrong, but I believe there are three in Jambo. Victoria Falls, the bar at Jiko and the bar at the pool. (There is just the one pool at Jambo and one at Kidani)
Right. And then there's a bar at Sanaa and a poolside bar at Kidani. So I guess that makes 5 bars in all

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimmar067 View Post
...didja mention the FLOATING FURBALLS????

Quote:
Originally Posted by *NikkiBell* View Post
Hi All!

Just thought I'd check in as I stayed at the Lodge last week. It was as beautiful as ever! Great view in Room 5510, too! Lots of giraffes out! We had a great meal, as always, at Boma with an amazing server named Paul. If he is there, tell him the birthday girl from Jerzy says hello!
Isn't it the best??

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessrose18 View Post
joining in..staying for the first time in December
Lucky! The Lodge is so beautiful decorated for the holidays
Old 07-20-2010, 10:54 AM   #109
stepdisney
Jambo Wildbunch Gang
I instantly turned into "one of those moms"
I think I'm going to start looking for ways to fit jive into my daily vocabulary

Hi all. I finally moved my pictures from the camera to the computer. Do I have to move them to photoshop or something like that to post them? They're from last year and the year before at AKL and Kidani and I've wanted to post them for a while but don't know how. Please help!!! And type s l o w l y because I am computer c h a l l e n g e d

June 2000 1st trip off site~Oct. 2005 POP~ Aug/Sept. 2007 WL~Aug/Sept. 2008 AKL ~Aug/Sept. 2009 Kidani Village~Aug/Sept. 2010WL/Grand Gathering~ Aug. 2011 YC Aug. 2012 YC CL~Aug. 2014 AKL
Old 07-20-2010, 11:03 AM   #110
wendypooh
Jambo Wildbunch Gang
Cajun Tinkerbell Princess
Tag Toggler
Loves kissing Tag Fairy butt ;)

Quote:
...didja mention the FLOATING FURBALLS????
LOL - No........... was hoping my Bestie would talk about that......... thinking about it makes me shake still............ the nightmares and all...........

Quote:
....well, we are leaving next Thursday, but we won't be arriving in Orlando until Saturday afternoon - we will be visiting my Dh's sister in N.C. for a few days....
YAY - we leave on Mon. - check in tues!! WHOO HOOO ---- hope you guys have a good trip and mebbee we'll bump into each other!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stepdisney View Post
Hi all. I finally moved my pictures from the camera to the computer. Do I have to move them to photoshop or something like that to post them? They're from last year and the year before at AKL and Kidani and I've wanted to post them for a while but don't know how. Please help!!! And type s l o w l y because I am computer c h a l l e n g e d
you have to upload your pics into a photohost - like photobucket - then you can post them here!! photobucket is free - once you have them there, then you just post the link here - if you need to be walked through, once you upload them, come back and I'll help you!
Old 07-20-2010, 11:06 AM   #111
wendypooh
Jambo Wildbunch Gang
Tag Toggler

Alright Jambo Wildbunch - I have 7 more days and Kim has 10 - you know what that means............................ YEP - time to dance!!!

:drinking 1

So come on and shake your tailfeathers!!!!
Old 07-20-2010, 11:08 AM   #112
stepdisney
Jambo Wildbunch Gang
I think I'm going to start looking for ways to fit jive into my daily vocabulary

Quote:
Originally Posted by wendypooh View Post

you have to upload your pics into a photohost - like photobucket - then you can post them here!! photobucket is free - once you have them there, then you just post the link here - if you need to be walked through, once you upload them, come back and I'll help you!
I'll be right back....don't go anywhere....please

June 2000 1st trip off site~Oct. 2005 POP~ Aug/Sept. 2007 WL~Aug/Sept. 2008 AKL ~Aug/Sept. 2009 Kidani Village~Aug/Sept. 2010WL/Grand Gathering~ Aug. 2011 YC Aug. 2012 YC CL~Aug. 2014 AKL
Old 07-20-2010, 11:19 AM   #113
wendypooh
Jambo Wildbunch Gang
Tag Toggler

Quote:
I'll be right back....don't go anywhere....please
LOL - OK!!! ** OK - couldn't wait around any more - if you have problems, just post here and I or someone will tell how to post pics!! Good Luck

Last edited by wendypooh; 07-20-2010 at 11:30 AM.
Old 07-20-2010, 11:51 AM   #114
John's Mom
Jambo Wildbunch Gang
AKL Lover

Old 07-20-2010, 12:32 PM   #115
stepdisney
Jambo Wildbunch Gang

Okay, I'm baaaaack! I uploaded some pictures to photo bucket.....now what?
Wendypooh....where aaaaarrrreee yooooouuuu?

Old 07-20-2010, 01:02 PM   #116
dgbg100106

It is pretty unique... Just like me
Mommy, please make the mean witch stop talking to me

Quote:
Okay, I'm baaaaack! I uploaded some pictures to photo bucket.....now what?
Wendypooh....where aaaaarrrreee yooooouuuu?
i might can help some....

If you find the picture you want to place on the boards, click on it and on the top tabs you should see something that says "Share" then "more Options" , Click on "Get Link Code" and it should offer you many different ways to share the picture, one of them will be message boards, or something close to that (bulletin boards), and it will give you the "Link" to the photo. Copy and paste that "link" into your message and you should be able to see the photo.

Good luck.
brandi

73 Cont, 74 Poly, 91 Swan, 02 CBR, 05 BWV, 09 Jambo House AKL (F&WF), 10 Jambo House AKL (F&WF), 11 BWV, 11 BCV (F&WF)

2013 Cruising adventures
3rd times a Charm, F&WF2011 Celebrating Graduations at the world2010 F&WF, AKV with Sunrise Safari and 7 nights on Cruise
Old 07-20-2010, 01:27 PM   #117
Nana Tigger
Disney Vet

Another newbie here...

Hi all,

We will be staying at AKL for 5 nights in October, so I'm coming by to learn as much as I can. This will be a ladies only trip, and although I've been to WDW many times, this will be my first deluxe stay thanks to a wonderful pin code. I can't wait.

We have a pool view room, so I believe I understand that I should request Giraffe Trail. Is that right?

I'm sure I'll have a lot more questions, I'm glad y'all are here.

Oh and Wendypooh, I'm also a rabid Tiger fan! I may have to "borrow" your dancing tiger. He's so cute.

Old 07-20-2010, 01:53 PM   #118
kimmar067
We have squash and zucchini coming outta the wazoo
I just shot coffee through my NOSE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wendypooh View Post
Alright Jambo Wildbunch - I have 7 more days and Kim has 10 - you know what that means............................ YEP - time to dance!!!

:drinking 1

So come on and shake your tailfeathers!!!!
....well, I'M 'in'...
July 1992~off-site Dec 1999~CSR Feb 2001~DxL Nov 2001~Dolphin July 2002~CBR Aug 2002~WL Feb 2005~AKL/concierge Feb 2005~AKL Aug 2006~PoP C Aug 2006~AKL Dec 2007~DolphinJuly/Aug 2010~Mystic Dunes April 2013 ~ AKL"That's IT! The absolutely, positively VERY LAST Marino....." "We WEREN'T the 'Castle Family', We Didn't..." "The Trippie Who Hath..."
Old 07-20-2010, 03:27 PM   #119
athenna
DIS Veteran

I've been waiting a long time for a new, really, cool tag..., but I was hit by a drive by tagging instead!

Kim, I'm happy for you!

My plane leaves in 14 hrs.

I got engaged 1/24/10 in Epcot
Old 07-20-2010, 03:44 PM   #120
wendypooh
Jambo Wildbunch Gang
Tag Toggler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nana Tigger View Post
Hi all,

We will be staying at AKL for 5 nights in October, so I'm coming by to learn as much as I can. This will be a ladies only trip, and although I've been to WDW many times, this will be my first deluxe stay thanks to a wonderful pin code. I can't wait.

We have a pool view room, so I believe I understand that I should request Giraffe Trail. Is that right?

I'm sure I'll have a lot more questions, I'm glad y'all are here.

Oh and Wendypooh, I'm also a rabid Tiger fan! I may have to "borrow" your dancing tiger. He's so cute.
You will LOVE the lodge!!! This site might be helpful to you: http://www.aklresort.com/category/im...-villas?page=8

and as far as a request - if you've booked a pool view, you don't really need to ask for any specific trail........ I'd request 3rd floor though........ that is lobby level - AND feel free to snag "MIKE" - I share with my fellow AKL lovers!!!

But, stick around here - we'd love to have ya and ask any questions - we'll answer!!!

GEAUX TIGERS

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: