Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 08-18-2010, 10:33 AM   #751
athenna
DIS Veteran

I've been waiting a long time for a new, really, cool tag..., but I was hit by a drive by tagging instead!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ree123 View Post
About 4 hours ago we bought into DVC and our first stay at "home" will be in Kidani(sp?) at AKL in 45 days. We just this morning paid off our original trip this morning and that was at POR. A few hours later we were on the phone with DVC with our cc buying in ! AKL looks amazing.........Theres a gizillion pages of info...Whew
Thats awesome! Congrats and welcome home, neighbor!

I got engaged 1/24/10 in Epcot
Old 08-18-2010, 10:34 AM   #752
TxMickeyLover
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harlemgirl720 View Post
Lunch is a good idea. When are you going?
September 25-October 3. October 2 is the night we have Rose and Crown booked. I think the Electrical parade would be a nice ending to our vacation.

WDW
Sept. 2007 WL ~ April 2008 CSR ~ Nov. 2009 Poly ~ Sept/Oct. 2010 AKL CL / Poly CL ~ Nov 2010 Pop ~ May 2012 Pop

DLR
Sept. 2011 DLH

DCL
Sept. 2013 Wonder
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-18-2010, 10:35 AM   #753
wendypooh
Jambo Wildbunch Gang
Cajun Tinkerbell Princess
Tag Toggler
Loves kissing Tag Fairy butt ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ree123 View Post
About 4 hours ago we bought into DVC and our first stay at "home" will be in Kidani(sp?) at AKL in 45 days. We just this morning paid off our original trip this morning and that was at POR. A few hours later we were on the phone with DVC with our cc buying in ! AKL looks amazing.........Theres a gizillion pages of info...Whew
LOL - I had to laugh........... we hemmmed and hawwwed for over a year about DVC - after about 6 trips to the lodge, I told DH how much money we could've been saving ----- once he ran the numbers, he was convined - as we won't stay in anything less than a deluxe - NOT that we are resort snobs, but we like our space!!! LOL SO - HI Neighbor - Welcome Home!!!!!! You will absolutely LOVEEEEEE Kidani - it is beyond words!!!

Quote:
Thank you. He is a sweet kid. Now 10. Has an appetite for days. Had to book all buffets for next week's trip. When we went in May he was a little upset that all the TS meals weren't buffet.
OMG - our boys sound JUST alike - I think DS has been going through an "eat everything" stage for about a year now!!! He's 10 as well - I remember though, that my older boys did the same thing..................
My DH is a big guy though....... so, I'm sure he'll fill out like the other 2 - he's just so short (like me - I'm a runt) that he just looks like a little butterball right now!!! LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by PNO4TE View Post
Thanks to a very dear friend on this thread for letting me know that the AP rates were out!! (love ya, Diana!). I was able to apply the AP discount to our December AKL CL vacation and our total savings for the two rooms is just about $1600.00.

Wouldn't you think that since WDW is having to resort to all these promotions and discounts to fill the rooms it would be smarter for them to just cut their prices??!?!?
LOL Elin ............. I know - I saw awhile back the free dining for dec, but of course we can't get it staying on pts. BUT - the actual week we are going was blacked out anyway - but, from what I gather now, even that has changed!!! It's crazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by TxMickeyLover View Post
I am very sorry, but I need to vent today!!

Several weeks ago, I had a brilliant idea to book an Illuminations cruise for DH day before his 30th birthday. It is a surprise for him.

Last night, my DH informs me that it is very important to him that we have a good place to watch Illuminations. Somewhere to sit, a tasty beverage, etc. (I think I've got this one covered, right?) When we originally booked ADR's, we booked one night at Chefs de France (I don't know how good the view is from here, but we thought maybe we could see some if we are seated by the windows), and one night at Rose and Crown, hoping we could get the patio. At that time, we did not know they would be extending the run of the Main Street Electrical Parade, and it's only showing on nights when we have already things planned at that time. I have never seen this parade.

On the itinerary Don from AKL CL sent me yesterday, it specifically states Rose and Crown does not take seating requests (I already knew that). I explain that to DH last night, and he decides to have a fit about how we will see Illuminations from a good location with a seat and a tasty beverage, and I just keep telling him we will figure it out.

UGH!!! I almost spilled it last night, but I did not.

Vent over. Thank you for listening. Now back to your regularly scheduled programming.
LOL - well, hold steady and be strong and DON"T TELL!!! Just keep saying, we'll figure it out!!!
Old 08-18-2010, 10:38 AM   #754
wendypooh
Jambo Wildbunch Gang
Tag Toggler

Quote:
Originally Posted by athenna View Post
Thats awesome! Congrats and welcome home, neighbor!
You're not looking at airfare again are you?????? LOL
Old 08-18-2010, 10:42 AM   #755
left_arm
Mouseketeer

Quote:
...he decides to have a fit about how we will see Illuminations from a good location with a seat and a tasty beverage, and I just keep telling him we will figure it out.

Ah the joys of keeping secrets from our significant others! If we didn't live them so much, they wouldn't make us so crazy. I lost count of the different times I've been keeping a secret from my wife and been tempted to ruin the surprise because she is pestering me. Maybe I just have bad timing. It seems whenever I have something planned in a few days, she complains, "when are we going to do X, we never go to X!" guess what ! We are going to go see/do X, Y, and Z, but it was suppose to be a surprise... Happy?!?!

So instead of having lots of surprises this trip to the AKL, she's well aware of what we are doing (for the most part)!
Old 08-18-2010, 11:02 AM   #756
tiggrbaby
We must work harder to stay under the radar for this oneWe always bring our own inflatable noodle

Quote:
I am very sorry, but I need to vent today!!

Several weeks ago, I had a brilliant idea to book an Illuminations cruise for DH day before his 30th birthday. It is a surprise for him.

Last night, my DH informs me that it is very important to him that we have a good place to watch Illuminations. Somewhere to sit, a tasty beverage, etc. (I think I've got this one covered, right?) When we originally booked ADR's, we booked one night at Chefs de France (I don't know how good the view is from here, but we thought maybe we could see some if we are seated by the windows), and one night at Rose and Crown, hoping we could get the patio. At that time, we did not know they would be extending the run of the Main Street Electrical Parade, and it's only showing on nights when we have already things planned at that time. I have never seen this parade.

On the itinerary Don from AKL CL sent me yesterday, it specifically states Rose and Crown does not take seating requests (I already knew that). I explain that to DH last night, and he decides to have a fit about how we will see Illuminations from a good location with a seat and a tasty beverage, and I just keep telling him we will figure it out.

Vent over. Thank you for listening. Now back to your regularly scheduled programming.
When we went to the Rose and Crown in November, we checked in early and requested a patio table to see the fireworks. They came through with one on the very end, with a fantastic but very breezy view.

DISboards 2104 Book Challenge: 42/40
DISboards 2013 Book Challenge: 36/35
Old 08-18-2010, 11:25 AM   #757
Harlemgirl720
DIS Veteran

Quote:
September 25-October 3. October 2 is the night we have Rose and Crown booked. I think the Electrical parade would be a nice ending to our vacation.
I never went in Sept/Oct. Would love to but school so we usually pick the last week in August before school starts. We are ending our trip with the Wishes Dessert Party. I think we will do Fantasmic the first night. The second night 8/30 we will do the Electric parade even though we will see it the night of the wishes dessert party. I don't know if the view is that great from tomorrowland to see the parade.

Old 08-18-2010, 11:28 AM   #758
Harlemgirl720
DIS Veteran

OMG - our boys sound JUST alike - I think DS has been going through an "eat everything" stage for about a year now!!! He's 10 as well - I remember though, that my older boys did the same thing..................
My DH is a big guy though....... so, I'm sure he'll fill out like the other 2 - he's just so short (like me - I'm a runt) that he just looks like a little butterball right now!!! LOL

I'm a runt too. But I swear they have bottomless tummies. Its fun watching them eat though. I'm amazed they can eat so much.

Old 08-18-2010, 11:40 AM   #759
DisneyBride'03
Jambo Wildbunch Gang
Balcony was great!
The closest I get to "camping" is the campfire!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PNO4TE View Post
Thanks to a very dear friend on this thread for letting me know that the AP rates were out!! (love ya, Diana!). I was able to apply the AP discount to our December AKL CL vacation and our total savings for the two rooms is just about $1600.00.

Wouldn't you think that since WDW is having to resort to all these promotions and discounts to fill the rooms it would be smarter for them to just cut their prices??!?!?
My pleasure.... Our dear friend Laura informed me FIRST thing in the a.m... That is awesome Elin I have such wonderful memories of last Christmas at AKL...Ava had a great time
***runDisney***2010 Inaugural Wine & Dine Half~ 2011 WDW Half~2011 Wine & Dine Half ~ 2012 Princess Half~2012 Disneyland Half~2012 Wine & Dine Half~ 2013 Princes Half~2013 Inaugural Dumbo Dare~2013 Wine/Dine

Upcoming: Aulani Feb 2014

1980 Poly~2003 Poly~2003 Poly Fairy Tale Wedding/Grand Floridian~2007 Pop~2007 YC CL DVC Owners ~2007 SSR~2008 BWV/DCL/AKV~2008 OKW~2008 SSR/WL~2008 ASMu/AKV~2009 VWL/BCV~2009 BLT/Swan/Kidani~2009 POFQ/AKL~2010 SSR~ 2010 YC CL/AKV~2011 POFQ~2011 Sports & OKW~2011 Kidani & BCV~ 2011 POFQ ~ 2012 BCV~2012 DL Hotel~2012 BLT/AKV~2013 OKW/BCV~2013 DL Hotel~2013 Pop/SSR
Old 08-18-2010, 02:00 PM   #760
athenna
DIS Veteran

I've been waiting a long time for a new, really, cool tag..., but I was hit by a drive by tagging instead!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wendypooh View Post
You're not looking at airfare again are you?????? LOL
Yes and no I'm really just keeping an eye out to see if our already paid for December flights go down in price. And if they should happen to, then we get a credit and that could be dangerous

I got engaged 1/24/10 in Epcot
Old 08-18-2010, 02:22 PM   #761
stepdisney
Jambo Wildbunch Gang
I instantly turned into "one of those moms"
I think I'm going to start looking for ways to fit jive into my daily vocabulary

Quote:
I never went in Sept/Oct. Would love to but school so we usually pick the last week in August before school starts. We are ending our trip with the Wishes Dessert Party. I think we will do Fantasmic the first night. The second night 8/30 we will do the Electric parade even though we will see it the night of the wishes dessert party. I don't know if the view is that great from tomorrowland to see the parade.
HEY!!! WE are doing Fantasmic on the 29th. We should have a Fantasmic, hurry and get your seat meet. We are also doing Electric parade on the 30th. Oh...and my DS is 9 (boosted him up to 10 this year because the DDP for the kids is a joke for him). We are METS fans.......(and Boston fans....).

June 2000 1st trip off site~Oct. 2005 POP~ Aug/Sept. 2007 WL~Aug/Sept. 2008 AKL ~Aug/Sept. 2009 Kidani Village~Aug/Sept. 2010WL/Grand Gathering~ Aug. 2011 YC Aug. 2012 YC CL~Aug. 2014 AKL
Old 08-18-2010, 02:46 PM   #762
wendypooh
Jambo Wildbunch Gang
Tag Toggler

Quote:
Originally Posted by athenna View Post
Yes and no I'm really just keeping an eye out to see if our already paid for December flights go down in price. And if they should happen to, then we get a credit and that could be dangerous
LOL!!!! I KNOW!!!!
Old 08-18-2010, 03:27 PM   #763
Harlemgirl720
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by stepdisney View Post
HEY!!! WE are doing Fantasmic on the 29th. We should have a Fantasmic, hurry and get your seat meet. We are also doing Electric parade on the 30th. Oh...and my DS is 9 (boosted him up to 10 this year because the DDP for the kids is a joke for him). We are METS fans.......(and Boston fans....).
That sounds like a plan. You know that they start lining up at 6:45 for an 8:30 show.

Old 08-18-2010, 04:59 PM   #764
stepdisney
Jambo Wildbunch Gang
I instantly turned into "one of those moms"
I think I'm going to start looking for ways to fit jive into my daily vocabulary

Quote:
That sounds like a plan. You know that they start lining up at 6:45 for an 8:30 show.
We have Fantasmic dinner package that night at 4:45!! Maybe we can pick a place to meet about 6:00. That way we can pick up snacks for the 8:30 show. (my DS's will be ready for a snack by 8:30). Are you eating at DHS that day?

June 2000 1st trip off site~Oct. 2005 POP~ Aug/Sept. 2007 WL~Aug/Sept. 2008 AKL ~Aug/Sept. 2009 Kidani Village~Aug/Sept. 2010WL/Grand Gathering~ Aug. 2011 YC Aug. 2012 YC CL~Aug. 2014 AKL
Old 08-18-2010, 05:19 PM   #765
zoie101
1038 miles to the north

Quote:
Here are a few pics from Discovery Cove

BTW, The Yankees and Tampa are tied as of now. Sorry I am a Yankee fan and wake up every morning to a view of the stadium.
Thanks so much for all the info, looks like my hubbie may give up the extra funds. I am looking forward to the 1st stay at AKL Club. To get to Richmnd to meet Ryan Newman the Daytona for 2 days of relaxing on the sandy beach, then.....AKL here we come!
Polynesian 2008
Pop Century 2008
Animal Kingdom Lodge Club Level 2010
Pop Century 2010
All Stars Sports Girls Trip 2011
Pop Century 2012
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: