Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-19-2010, 11:39 AM   #16
carolmb
carolmb

MJ - Thanks for starting this thread...the Baltic tread was a wealth of information. We will be on the June 21st sailing and all I have been since we have been back from the Baltic is researching this cruise. I think we are planning to fly into Seattle from Houston on SWA and take the ferry from Anacortes, WA to Sidney, BC and spend the night in Victoria. Then head over to Vancouver for a couple of days before the cruise. Should be a lot of fun.
Carol

carolmb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 01:00 PM   #17
MJGirl
DIS Veteran

For those wishing to fly into Seattle, you can take a shuttle bus from Seattle/Tacoma airport to the Vancouver port. Here is a link to one of, probably, many websites. Rates seem okay at $57 per adult. Looks like you can get a commuter fare (round trip) for $86.00 per adult. Last check, disney wasn't offering transfers to Seattle, but that may have just been the opinion of the person I spoke to on the phone. If a lot of us ask, they may change their policy.
I "Dream" of a "Fantasy" full of "Magic" and "Wonder"
MJGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-19-2010, 01:36 PM   #18
NancyIL
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJGirl View Post
Thanks for the updates everyone ... Looked into the Yukon train tour, but the northbound excursion is only on Sunday, Wednesday and Thursday, but we will be in Skagway on Friday
On Friday in Skagway, you would take the bus to Carcross first - and then the train southbound. The current schedule is also for 2010. The excursions for 2011 probably won't be available until some time this fall.
NancyIL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 01:39 PM   #19
NancyIL
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJGirl View Post
For those wishing to fly into Seattle, you can take a shuttle bus from Seattle/Tacoma airport to the Vancouver port. Here is a link to one of, probably, many websites. Rates seem okay at $57 per adult. Looks like you can get a commuter fare (round trip) for $86.00 per adult. Last check, disney wasn't offering transfers to Seattle, but that may have just been the opinion of the person I spoke to on the phone. If a lot of us ask, they may change their policy.
There's also Amtrak from Seattle to Vancouver. However, it is a morning train, and you would need to fly to Seattle at least one day prior to the cruise - which you ought to do any way!
Old 07-19-2010, 01:41 PM   #20
LWatson
I Still Do!!!!

I'm excited to find this thread and I'm going to subscribe. We are hoping to hit up one of the last 2 cruises in August 2011 if R&R falls during that time. DH is actually excited about it almost as much as I am.

Feb 2009-Shades of Green R&R, Nov 2009-All Star Sports Welcome Home, May 2010-Shades of Green,Jan 2011-POP Boy's Birthday Trip
April 2012- Shades of Green Vow Renewal/POP Welcome Home, Feb 2013-Universal/Disney 10yr Anniversary Getaway at Westgate Lakes and Spa
LWatson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 02:01 PM   #21
MJGirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by NancyIL View Post
There's also Amtrak from Seattle to Vancouver. However, it is a morning train, and you would need to fly to Seattle at least one day prior to the cruise - which you ought to do any way!
I'm on the Repo/First Alaskan, so I only need a ride from the port to the airport. I am considering a day or two in Seattle after the cruise though... depends on the funds though
Old 07-19-2010, 02:02 PM   #22
LWatson
I Still Do!!!!

This would our first cruise, so I do have a question. I remember my mom taking Cruises when we were little w/ my dad and they would have Formal nights. Is that something that they have on the Disney Alaskan Cruises? The reason I ask is because I would be the one packing because he would probably be meeting us in seattle and need to know if I need to bring his Dress Uniform and a Gown for myself (and something for the kids).

Feb 2009-Shades of Green R&R, Nov 2009-All Star Sports Welcome Home, May 2010-Shades of Green,Jan 2011-POP Boy's Birthday Trip
April 2012- Shades of Green Vow Renewal/POP Welcome Home, Feb 2013-Universal/Disney 10yr Anniversary Getaway at Westgate Lakes and Spa
LWatson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 02:38 PM   #23
mmouse37
Mickey for Me!
Likes surprises

Anyone on one of the Alaskan cruises may also want to subscribe to this thread on Vancouver planning. It is quite lenghty with lots of info.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread....ghlight=alaska

MJ
Disney Dream - 5 times - Official Maiden Voyage January 26, 2011
Disney Fantasy - 2 times

mmouse37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 03:23 PM   #24
HappyGrumpy
DIS Veteran

This is a great thread. We are on the Alaska MV on May! Will the weather be seriously colder than it would be say on one of the later cruises?

I was in Alaska 15 years ago for the 4th of July and it was definitely chilly!

Any feedback would be great!
HappyGrumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 11:58 PM   #25
MJGirl
DIS Veteran

Posted the following on our Meet Thread. Thought it would be useful here as well.

Quote:
Asked Port of Vancouver about shipping stuff to port and they responded

Quote:
Hi Mary Jane,
In regards to the second question about shipping parcels to the ship – I would need to know the name of the cruise ship that you are travelling on and I would then provide you the name and phone number of the ships agent to see if this is a possibility.

Please let me know what ship you are on and I’ll give you that information.
I responded Disney Wonder then they responded:

Quote:
The information for the ship’s agent is: TMS Anchor 604-630-5131. They should be able to tell you if it is possible to have items sent to the ship prior to your cruise and how to go about doing that.
As I well be on the B2b ... I won't be shipping anything, but, if anyone gets more info, please post it here and/or on the Alaskan Cruise Info thread.
I will post the number on the first post.
Old 07-22-2010, 10:01 AM   #26
bekkiz
DIS Veteran

We went kayaking in Ketchikan with http://www.kayakketchikan.com/ and it was SO much fun. We saw lots of wildlife and it was just the two of us plus two guides.
Old 07-22-2010, 10:06 AM   #27
NancyIL
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyGrumpy View Post
This is a great thread. We are on the Alaska MV on May! Will the weather be seriously colder than it would be say on one of the later cruises?

I was in Alaska 15 years ago for the 4th of July and it was definitely chilly!

Any feedback would be great!
I cruised from Seattle May 23-30, 2009, and it was pretty chilly. I would expect early May to be colder.
Old 07-22-2010, 01:03 PM   #28
Rat-a-too-ee
Mouseketeer

Hi everyone. Our original intention was to take the Knights & Lights ABD next year with our DVC points; however, they just changed the point structure to elimate value/regular/peak seasons and basically outpriced us from the trip.

So, we have regrouped and now plan on taking the DCL Alaska cruise instead, so thanks so much for starting this thread.

We haven't been on the Wonder since the 1990's. In more recent years, we cruised the Magic, 2007 on the Med cruise, and 2008 on the Western Caribbean. Looking forward to all of the developments here!
Old 07-28-2010, 09:46 AM   #29
kandt
Mouseketeer

Time in Ketchikan

My confirmation paperwork that came in th mail stated that we would be in port at 10:30. However, the website itinerary says: "**Please note: For Ketchikan, 10:30 a.m. or 1:30 p.m. arrival times vary by itinerary." I was just wondering if anyone's paperwork says 1:30, or do they just list 10:30 for everyone? Just trying to figure out how much time we will have in Ketchikan. Thanks!
kandt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 09:50 AM   #30
gduvall
DIS Veteran

We're going May 31, 2011 and our reservation doesn't have a time listed for arrival for Ketchikan, just **.
gduvall is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
alaska cruise tours

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: