Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Gay and Lesbian at Disney
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-04-2010, 01:02 PM   #46
rpmdfw
I feel similarly about the cha-cha, electric slide, and mambo #5
Bridezilla, Groomzilla and Gayzilla all rolled into one

Quote:
Originally Posted by hematite153 View Post
According to everything I hear, you can bring in your guests (not to the pool), but, you have to go out to meet them.
Yes, but I think showing up and saying "These 50 people are my guests" would be a tough sell.

I've been up there as a guest of people staying several times. The most "guests" we've ever had was 5, I think.

They are trying to keep it fairly exclusive, and not even letting Disney Event Services or Disney Fairy Tale Weddings book it for functions, so I'm thinking they'd frown on a "meet" up there.

Best to plan for a quiet cocktail up there some time, and plan the big stuff elsewhere.

Last edited by rpmdfw; 08-04-2010 at 01:13 PM.
rpmdfw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 01:10 PM   #47
TagsMissy
Counting down the days... It's not always easy being the wife of a soldier.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rpmdfw View Post
Not really. Since only those people staying at BLT using DVC points are allowed in (along with guests); there's nothing terribly official there.

We did have a couple DISers at the BLT and a couple of us had drinks there. But since everyone couldn't join in, the meets were planned elsewhere.
Ok Thanks... I had thought I saw some pictures of people up in the lounge but I couldn't remember if it was a GD thing or something else.

My dilemma continues -- Oh what a horrible dilemma to have
79-95 Numerous Disneyland Trips/98 POFQ /08 POR/09 POR, SSR/AKV Kidani & BLT/11 BWV & BLT/12 Aulani & Disneyland Club 33/13 DL Club 33/Wonder & BLT/BWV/14 AKV Jambo/VWL & DL Friend's Wedding Celebration/15 DCL Fantasy Eastern Caribbean

TagsMissy is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-04-2010, 01:12 PM   #48
TagsMissy

Quote:
According to everything I hear, you can bring in your guests (not to the pool), but, you have to go out to meet them.
Officially it's DVC members staying on points or cash through DVC and the guests in their room with them can go up. LOL-- the never ending lounge debate
79-95 Numerous Disneyland Trips/98 POFQ /08 POR/09 POR, SSR/AKV Kidani & BLT/11 BWV & BLT/12 Aulani & Disneyland Club 33/13 DL Club 33/Wonder & BLT/BWV/14 AKV Jambo/VWL & DL Friend's Wedding Celebration/15 DCL Fantasy Eastern Caribbean

Old 08-04-2010, 03:18 PM   #49
jackskellingtonsgirl
Jello Shot Chick
I am scarred for life from wearing knock off brands
I opened the door and gave them the "nanny death stare"!

Our round trip airfare is down to $841, total for all 3 of us! Didn't it start at like $1600? This is a definite improvement!
AKV CL June '11 AKV June '10 AKL Dec. '09 AKV CL Aug. '09 AKL/SSR/Poly/AKV Aug. '08 AKL Dec. '07 WL Aug. '07 AKL Feb. '07 Pop Dec. '06 AKL Aug. '06 Pop Oct. '05 Pop Jan. '05

jackskellingtonsgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 03:42 PM   #50
TagsMissy

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackskellingtonsgirl View Post
Our round trip airfare is down to $841, total for all 3 of us! Didn't it start at like $1600? This is a definite improvement!
Did you book or are you waiting? Which airline?

Old 08-04-2010, 04:02 PM   #51
hematite153
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

Quote:
Originally Posted by rpmdfw View Post
Yes, but I think showing up and saying "These 50 people are my guests" would be a tough sell.

Best to plan for a quiet cocktail up there some time, and plan the big stuff elsewhere.
Okay, fair enough. Although it gets my brain squirreling away about how to get around the problem, it's still probably better not to try.
Old 08-04-2010, 04:16 PM   #52
jackskellingtonsgirl
Jello Shot Chick

Quote:
Originally Posted by TagsMissy View Post
Did you book or are you waiting? Which airline?
We can't book until DH bids for vacation in December. I made that mistake once already and the change fees were STEEP!
American, which is our favorite.
AKV CL June '11 AKV June '10 AKL Dec. '09 AKV CL Aug. '09 AKL/SSR/Poly/AKV Aug. '08 AKL Dec. '07 WL Aug. '07 AKL Feb. '07 Pop Dec. '06 AKL Aug. '06 Pop Oct. '05 Pop Jan. '05

Old 08-06-2010, 11:55 AM   #53
TagsMissy

I am hoping WestJet will have a good seat sale so I can fly out of Vancouver rather than drive down to Seattle. Saves a lot of hassle plus we'll get 2 free bags if we fly westjet. Air Canada would be the same deal with no luggage fees but I'd rather go WJ.

Old 08-06-2010, 03:03 PM   #54
hematite153

Quote:
I am hoping WestJet will have a good seat sale so I can fly out of Vancouver rather than drive down to Seattle. Saves a lot of hassle plus we'll get 2 free bags if we fly westjet. Air Canada would be the same deal with no luggage fees but I'd rather go WJ.
I agree with the hassle, but, are you sure about the bags? I was just at the airport with my mother this week and the AC signs all indicated that travel into the US is down to 1 free bag per passenger now.
Old 08-06-2010, 05:52 PM   #55
TagsMissy

Quote:
I agree with the hassle, but, are you sure about the bags? I was just at the airport with my mother this week and the AC signs all indicated that travel into the US is down to 1 free bag per passenger now.
yes my husband + myself = 2 free bags... we don't pack our whole wardrobe for WDW :D

Old 08-06-2010, 06:15 PM   #56
jackskellingtonsgirl
Jello Shot Chick

Quote:
yes my husband + myself = 2 free bags... we don't pack our whole wardrobe for WDW :D
You DON'T?

Old 08-06-2010, 07:28 PM   #57
TagsMissy

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackskellingtonsgirl View Post
You DON'T?
LOL nope... that is what laundry is for :D I always tend to bring one too many pair of shoes tho... I can never decide what to wear and if it will be rainy or not! I keep on telling myself wear one pair and pack one... inevitably I pack 2-3 pairs LOL

Old 08-06-2010, 07:36 PM   #58
hematite153

Quote:
Ah.... You know just last year AC (and I think WestJet) had 2 free bags per person? (They still do if you stay in Canada.)
Old 08-06-2010, 08:03 PM   #59
TagsMissy

Quote:
Ah.... You know just last year AC (and I think WestJet) had 2 free bags per person? (They still do if you stay in Canada.)
Yes both still have 2 bags in Canada and WJ still allows 2 bags no matter where they fly. Last time I used 2 bags was when I spent 2 mos in at my place in Italy-- i went with one, returned with 2. I generally pack light.

Old 08-06-2010, 08:19 PM   #60
hematite153

Quote:
Yes both still have 2 bags in Canada and WJ still allows 2 bags no matter where they fly. Last time I used 2 bags was when I spent 2 mos in at my place in Italy-- i went with one, returned with 2. I generally pack light.
Oh yes, in comparison to others, we also pack lightly.

But, I pack a lot more than I used to. When I was in my 20s and travelling regularly I had a 30L backpack (fits carryon requirements and is smaller than many of the bags that teenagers carry to school everyday) that I would travel trans-Pacifically with. I'd pack my sleeping bag, 2L of water and everything else that I judged necessary for 8 days in that one bag.

Nowadays, I tend to get close to the weight limits on each of my 2 (myself and DW together) bags and thus always liked having the option to check an extra one on the way home if I purchased anything heavy.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: